The Curse of Millersborough -- Villagers Win!

Started by Remiel, January 10, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

A

ll was quiet in the sleepy town of Millersborough on the northeastern coast.  The  Coal Fever, as it was called, had not yet reached this bucolic village of mostly yeoman farmers.  But something was terribly amiss: for something dark, something sinister, had crept in, silently, like a shadow in the night, and had begun sending its tendrils out into every home and hearth.

Dracula!

The rumors of the infamous vampire spread like the cold, leathery wings of graveyard bats.  But he was still yet weak from his long journey, and did not have his full strength.

Can the villagers stop Dracula before the curse overtakes the entire town?  Or will they fall, one by one, to his ravenous appetite?

Game Rules:

1. PMing is allowed and even encouraged between players.  Please include me, Remiel, on any PM correspondence.
2. You may talk about the game outside of E (on Discord, for example), but please be careful.  You don't want to inadvertently give away vital information to your enemy.
3. Please don't take anything about the game personally.  No one likes being eliminated, but it is part and parcel of the game.  Even if you are dead, you can still win if your team wins!
4. The GM (Remiel) reserves the right to make rule adjustments as necessary if the game is starting to drag on.  For example, if no one wants to make an accusation during the day phase, the GM might introduce a rule saying that the first person to make an accusation is immune from lynching.  Or if the game is hung up waiting on one particular person, the GM may decide to proceed without that person's vote.
5. Game rounds shall typically last about 72 hours (3 days) in real time.  If the rounds start to take much longer than this, see rule #4.
6. You cannot vote to lynch yourself.

As a reminder, the following roles are in play:

Citizen x 5 (Good) -- a brave and loyal citizen of Millersborough.  No special powers, but has the ability to vote to lynch suspected vampires.
Vampire Hunter (Good) -- has spent his whole life researching and hunting vampires, to the point where he can recognize the telltale signs (you'd think the elongated fangs would be a clue!).  Each round , during the night phase, can target one other player.  Will be told by the GM if that player is a vampire or not.  His ability is wasted during that night if his target is protected by the Constable.
Zealot (Good) -- hates vampires.  REALLY hates vampires, so much so that he is willing to act as judge, jury, and executioner, no matter the consequences.  Once per game, he has the ability to eliminate one other player during the night phase.  His ability is wasted if his intended target is protected by the Constable.
Constable (Good) -- the Constable has the ability to, if he wishes (in other words, he may elect not to use this ability), protect one other villager during the night phase from vampire attack and all other special abilities.  However, that villager will be role-blocked and unable to use her own night phase ability, if she has one.  The Constable may not protect himself.

Mad Scientist (Neutral) -- The Mad Scientist doesn't care about vampires or villagers.  The Mad Scientist only cares about one thing: SCIENCE!  Her only goal in the game is to get herself lynched.  She wins if she does this.  In addition, if she is lynched, her unnatural creation will come to life and rampage throughout the village, taking its vengeance on one of the hapless villagers who voted for her during the next night phase.  If she is killed by any other means--vampire attack or the Zealot's knife--she loses.
Dracula (Evil) -- the original vampire.  Dracula has the ability to, once per game, turn one of the other villagers into a vampire during the night phase.  The turned villager loses whatever special powers they previously had, and now joins the vampire team.  Dracula cannot turn a villager on the same turn as the vampires kill a villager (if a villager is killed, no one can be turned).
Consort of Dracula (Evil) -- joining Dracula in his wickedness, the Consort will help him choose who to eliminate during the night phase.  Shows up as a vampire to the Vampire Hunter.
Minion (Evil) -- the Minion thinks that vampires are COOL!  So much so, that he will do anything he can to help the vampires win.  The only problem is that he doesn't know who they are, and they don't know who he is.  Perhaps he can find out by clever and judicious use of PMs? He wins if the vampires win, even if he is dead.  He loses if the vampires are all killed, even if he is still alive.  Will show up as a regular villager if examined by the Vampire Hunter.

Town Charter:

Yugi006
Madame Professor
Mintprincess
Imogen
Blythe
Rummy Tum Tum
Lynnie
NightOwl35
SithLordofSnark
Scott
Ket
Trieste

Remiel

It is a cold winter morning.  The sun is blighted, anemic, a pale shadow of its former self.  A chill envelops you: you can practically feel the evil lurking around you.

Despite the portentous start to the day, you have an important task before you: to elect a Mayor, whose duty it will be to lead the village in these perilous times.  Once elected, the Mayor will have the ability to cast the tie-breaking vote in the event of a tie.

Please nominate one other player in bold for the position of Mayor.  You cannot nominate yourself.

Blythe

I vote for Madame Professor for Mayor, because I like the sound of Mayor Madame Professor. It just sound so professional! Besides, professors are clearly very smart and we need a most intelligent Mayor during this time of crisis!

Rummy Tum Tum

I also like the sound of Mayor Madame Professor. Almost as much as me being mayor :D

yugi006

Ket

I require more information before I can decide who will be mayor. Convince me to vote for someone!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Mintprincess

... we all know Madame Prof has to be the Mad scientist! Who else could possibly be that MAD!!!!   Kidding   But I’m with Ket and not ready to just pick someone.  I’d like to know why anyone is a better mayor than me (probably because turn two I’ll bitten.   Nightowl.  )

NightOwl35

Hey now! That was a LONG time ago (over a year) and that was werewolves not vampires! Totally different things!

Anyways, voting for a Mayor huh? Hmm...I'll throw my vote towards Trieste for now.

Lynnie

I am of no opinion of who the mayor is. I honestly could care less. I'm more concerned with the undead that are running about.

Trieste

"Whuh?" Hearing her name, Trieste looks up and blinks owlishly through her glasses. "Oh. Mayor. Hm." Adjusting the spectacles on the bridge of her nose, she narrowed her eyes and tilted her head. "Well, I heard that Ket is always throwing parties. Some responsibility might be good for her and settle her down some."

Madame Professor

Adjusting her glasses carefully, the Professor closes her book and blushes softly, "Well, I am quite honored by the trust, gentlemen. It's certainly a difficult choice, there is so little known. However, the more we talk, the more we'll know. I'll cast my vote for NightOwl, as I believe she has a sound mind and is of good judgement." She nodded, then returned to her book.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

SithLordOfSnark

Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Imogen

"I agree that Mayor Madame Professor has a nice ring to it," Imogen said, liking the sound when she spoke the candidate's name. Madame Major Madame Professor; it almost had to be.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Madame Professor: 3 (Blythe, Rummy, Imogen)
Ket: 3 (Yugi, Trieste, SithLord)
Trieste: 1 (NightOwl)
NightOwl: 1 (Madame Professor)

Yet to vote: Mintprincess, Lynnie, Scott, Ket

Ket

I shall throw in my vote for NightOwl.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Lynnie

With a a sigh Lynnie looks at the others before shurgging, "I guess if I must make a choice then I shall agree with Ket, being mayor."

Remiel

Votes so Far:

Ket: 4 (Yugi, Trieste, SithLord, Lynnie)
Madame Professor: 3 (Blythe, Rummy, Imogen)
NightOwl: 2 (Madame Professor, Ket)

Yet to Vote:
Mintprincess, Scott

Mintprincess

I will go ahead and vote for MP for our mayor.

Scott

Remiel

Final Votes:

Ket: 5 (Yugi, Trieste, SithLord, Lynnie, Scott)
Madame Professor: 4 (Blythe, Rummy, Imogen, Mintprincess)
NightOwl: 2 (Madame Professor, Ket)

With Ket elected as the town's Mayor, the villagers went to their beds to prepare for an uneasy, restless night.

Night roles -- time to do your thang!

Remiel

The rooster's crowing signals the rising of the sun.  Slowly, the villagers begin to assemble in the village square.  Miraculously, it appears that everyone is present and accounted for.  And yet, several villagers swore they heard, in the darkest hours of the night, a leathery sound, like the flapping of bat wings.  You get the sense that the Curse of Millersborough has only just begun...

In game terms, no one has died.  But you are certain that the vampires are still out there.  Who is responsible for the growing shadow?

Rummy Tum Tum

Hey, no one's dead! Are we sure there are vampires in this town?

Blythe

I really hope this doesn't mean Dracula turned someone. I hope this means the Constable protected somebody.

Ket

Quote from: Blythe on January 12, 2018, 11:12:43 PM
I really hope this doesn't mean Dracula turned someone. I hope this means the Constable protected somebody.

So do I!

Madame Professor

That would seem to be the case. I’m not sure that a kill free evening could happen any other way. Right?
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.