News:

Main Menu

Manga and Anime

Started by Damnedangel, April 08, 2012, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damnedangel

I don't know if anybody else has started a thread like this and I may sound like a umm sad person for saying this but I'm quite a big fan of manga's and animes!

At the moment I don't know why I started this thread but I guess out of curiousity I wondered if anybody else reads manga or watches anime? I know my friends don't and think it's a weird thing. But anyway the main thing I wanted to say was if you do read any mangas or watch any animes then talk about them here =)

For example: My favourite manga right now is Cage of Eden, the manga has a concept thats kinda like lost (a plane crashs on an island and these people have to survive) sure you have to take it with a pinch of salt but the stories of the characters and what they go through pulls the strings of the heart (in my opinion) but anyway the latest chapter thats just been released bought back two of my favourite characters who haven't shown up since the first chapter and about chapter twenty.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Sasquatch421

Why would you be a sad person for liking anime? Look at me 32 and I've sunk at least three hundred dollars into my collection. The only 2 manga's I own is from Ranma 1/2.

Anime wise the last thing I picked up was the Zeta Gundam Movies. If they could release the actual series I would be even happier.

Damnedangel

Well amongst my friends they view anime and manga as childish. Sadly I own no mangas or animes but I just love reading/watching them, I find them more entertaining then certain movies/books =)
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Gensokian

Anime, manga, childish? Psh. Show them Higurashi, or Death Note, or Elfen Lied, and I'm sure they'd change their mind. Especially something like Umineko, that makes you actually think, and teases your brain so much.

Sasquatch421

Elfen Lied was a great show... Then I found Genocyber and the gore fest jumped up...

Jag

You're not the first and won't be the last to start a thread about anime and/or manga. I'm a rather big fan myself, but my tastes tend to differ from most people.

Elliquiy's M.A.D. Group (Manga Anime Discussion) - I don't participate in it, but I know several members do. Great part of E for anime lovers. It's a more serious discussion area about anime that was branched off of the more relaxed thread My Anime Crew. ^__^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment