We Could be Heroes (Sexy High School Superheroes) Recruiting thru Friday Night

Started by assleigh, April 29, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assleigh

Quote from: Kaio on May 03, 2014, 10:20:08 AM
Are you still looking for more?
Thanks for the interest, but we're closed for proposals ..wouldn't be fair to those who put their time and creativity into their characters before the deadline. We may open up applications again in the future, you are welcome to submit a proposal then.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Sephora

I wrote up the 3rd scenario.  Hope you like it.  :)

Ok, go read it.  I added what was needed. 

Paladin of Lust

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

apygoos

apygoos

Birchleaf

We are still here: at least I am. I presume that the honourable creators of this thread are simply debating with themselves as to which of us pass muster and shall be added to the game. Until such a time as the decision is made, the rest of us are quiet, waiting with bated breath to see if we are accepted.

Vergil Tanner

Haha, pretty much. We should have a decision for you guys soon :-) Sorry about the wait!
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

apygoos

I was just wondering if my edits to Jake's flaws were acceptable?

Vergil Tanner

That's part of what we're discussing :-) As far as we're concerned, I believe the bios have all been edited to the extent they need to be for us to make our final decision. We'll get a decision back to you (probably posted by Assleigh, our Lord and Master) as soon as we have one. :-)

I do need to make clear, though, that this is only Phase One; Phase Two will probably require yet more editing and refinement, and if you (royal "you") get through to Phase Two, it is not a guarantee that you'll get through that. This is all just to make sure you're a good fit, so please don't be discouraged :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Sephora

Are all the decisions going to be informed at once? Or do we get to know one at a time, once our character is reviewed?

Vergil Tanner

I'm not sure; only Assleigh can answer that, since she has the final say and I would hate to force her into a corner (well, I'd love to force her into a corner, but that's neither here nor there). I imagine that as soon as she gets online - being in a different time zone - she'll let everybody know what's going on. :-) I would imagine it would be all at the same time, but I have been wrong before, so don't quote me on that.

assleigh

Yes, I will alter the earlier post and make a new reply to let everyone know where they stand. As stated before this, it will be a simple message listing who is moving onto stage 2. If afterwards anyone has any questions remaining or wants feedback about their proposals please feel free to PM me. After the list goes up a PM me.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

JamesSureWould

I have a  slightly odd question; would not completing the third writing prompt hurt my chances?
My internet is down at the moment, so I can't really sit down at my xomputer and type out the story. It should be up by tommorrow or tuesday, but you all might have made a decision by that point.
Now, I don't want my chances to bw hurt because of bad luck. So, if having a response would help my chances, I could type it out on my phones and send it that way. It would just take me awhile, eat up a chunk of my data,  and probably xontain a few spelling errors

assleigh

Yes, I would like to assess everyone on an even playing field... But thanks for the heads up about your computer troubles. It's better if you get it in tomorrow if you can. I'm not going to tell you how to manage your data plan and stuff but I  will be traveling mid day tomorrow so probably won't be on until the evening.

My ONs and OFFs

Loves

I think I must have submitted my character sheet after one of the promps because I only saw two. The one that was on the cs  and the one that came in after I submitted my sheet.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Paladin of Lust

@Loves: No, it's two prompts. You get a choice of one of two for the first one when you submitted your character. The 'third' prompt is the second one you have to write out. So no worries there.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

JamesSureWould

Alright, here is prompt number three: the ski trip.
Apologies for any spelling/grammar errors.  I am on  my phone, and on some high end pain meds.

Apologies for the strangeness of the response.  I am on pain meds, and tired from work.
This Is loosely based off of something that happened to me as kid

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
There are few truths that eventually all humans learn. Death is as much of a constant as life. Light and dark are two sides of the same coin, one incapable of existing without the other. If someone asks if you're a god, you say yes. But there is one truth that is often overlooked, and it's a rather simple one; Geese are assholes.

It was this life truth that Cameron Grey was most preoccipied with as he was running away from a swarm of four angry fowls.
'How did I end up here' Cameron thought to himself as a goose managed to bite him on the ass.

Of course he knew how he ended up there; after all, when his father told him that he would have to raise the money for the school ski trip himself,  Cameron quickly realized how few jobs there were for a teen with no work experience who needed cash fast. He briefly considered prostitution or drug dealing, but decided against them. For one, there were too many variables, too many things he couldn't control. For another, he couldn't enjoy the ski trip if he was behind bars.

So, a quick glance through the wanted section of Craigslist brought him to the Shady Groves Golf Club. He was given a simple enough job, to follow golfers and collect any balls they lost, and a decent enough paycheck was promised to him.

The one thing he was told by the man who gave him the job was that 'A goose is not a duck, alright? If a goose has a ball, you let him keep that ball.' At the time it seemed like just a bit of a strange joke, but as Cameron felt the teeth of a goose rip his jeans, he wished he'd listen to the man. The man who was missing a finger...

Ordinarily Cameron would have listened, but this was a perfect storm of tempation. He was following a cute girl who always gave him a wink and a smile whenever he gave her back a wayward ball, and he hadn't let a ball go all day. It was the last hole. His obsessive nature wouldn't let him ruin a perfect streak.  He was in the zone, and no over-grown chicken was going to change that.

Of course, that's what Cameron thought before he snagged the ball from Goose's nest. Apparently geese think that golf balls look exacttly like their own eggs.  And apprently, just because you can only see one goose, that doesn't mean more aren't very close by. And apparently Geese will instinctively start to chase something (or someone) that they see another gokse chasing. These were all things that Cameron learned about geese that day, things he may never forget.

So with a flock of geese chasing him, a golf ball in his hand, and some diginity that hoped to remain intact, Cameron decided to skip rational and try something unconventional. With a quick lunge, he reached for a large branch off the ground and turned to face his feathered attackers in a fencing stance. A quick jab at one caused the flock to scatter, and three geese were flying off towards the horizon.

It wasn't until a few milliseconds later, after Cameron had let down his guard, that he remembered there were four geese. As that realization dawned on him, Cameron learned yet another thing about geese; apparently a goose ramming into an unaware teenager is enough to knock over said teenager and send him rolling down a small hill, and into a pond.

Apparently satisfied in its victory over Cameron,  the goose flew off to join its compatriots. When he had finally mustered up the willpower to pull himself out of the pond, and thus addmiting that strange series of events had actually occured, the girl he had been finding golfballs for was at the bank of the pond to offer help.

"Are you alright? Do you need a towel to dry off?" She asked with what appeared to genuine concern, ulike the caddie behind her who couldn't seem to stop laughing.

"I'm alright" Cameron finally managed to respond. "And the pond did me some good anyways. I was feeling abit toasty, what with being next to somebody as hot as you all day"

The next thing Cameron remebered was flash of white light as the girl smacked him on his head

----

The rest of Cameron's time spent at the golf course was largerly uneventful. He did his job, and he got the money he was promised. After a few weeks, he finally had enough to pay for the trip and afford some small luxuries.

Most kids at school talked about how hard it was to convince their parents to sign off on the trip, and how they had to jump through hoops to get their parents to agree. For cameron, that was never really the issue. He was an only child,  and his parent's trusted him enough.

But whenever anyone asked if he had earned the ski trip, Cameron would just smile, think about the goose bite on his ass and the girl bump on his head, and nod.

Paladin of Lust

@JamesSureWould: Hey, thanks for typing that up despite your computer troubles and being on your phone and all. It was an enjoyable read, not strange at all. Dunno why you're on meds, but hope you get better soon! ^_^

Loves

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on May 05, 2014, 01:31:59 AM
@Loves: No, it's two prompts. You get a choice of one of two for the first one when you submitted your character. The 'third' prompt is the second one you have to write out. So no worries there.

-wipes brow-
Phew!

Thank you :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

JamesSureWould

Quote from: assleigh on May 05, 2014, 12:44:45 AM
Yes, I would like to assess everyone on an even playing field... But thanks for the heads up about your computer troubles. It's better if you get it in tomorrow if you can. I'm not going to tell you how to manage your data plan and stuff but I  will be traveling mid day tomorrow so probably won't be on until the evening.

I was able to fix up my internet connection. It was actually a simple fix, just nothing i would have considered while I wasn't in my right state of mind.

assleigh

As stated in the earliest post in this thread we're lookign to add 3-5 new writers to the game and the quality of the responses we got had us invite the following 5 people into Stage 2 of the Character Approval process:

Candidates for Stage 2

AribethAmkiir
JamesSureWould
Juggtacular
Loves
Sephora
I want to thank everyone for the work they put into their character proposals and the maturity and creativity they displayed as changes were asked for and as I dropped a new writing prompt on everyone. It's been a pleasure getting to know everybody and honestly, it was gratifying to see the continued interest in this little madcap idea of mine.

My ONs and OFFs

Birchleaf

Well, I did not make it. That is a pity. I hereby gracefully bow out. Farewell!

Paladin of Lust

But thank you for your effort and participation! And that applies to all those who did not make it through. And to those that did, congratulations to you! ^_^

Vergil Tanner

Yes, thank you everybody for your interest, and I wish you luck in your future endeavours, regardless of whether you made it through or not :-) The quality was really top notch, but in the end, we had to make a decision. I hope to see you all around the boards :D