Western RP Search! [ M/F, UN ]

Started by Hemingway, May 13, 2012, 02:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

I'm looking for a game set in the American Old West, at any point in the 19th century. I have a few basic ideas for pairings and plots, but the details will have to be worked out.

In particular, I'd be interested in a game wherein a gunman of some sort pursues a band of outlaws south, into Mexico, and is driven by circumstance to work with the daughter of the owner of hacienda looted by the outlaws, or something along those lines. In this case, my character probably would not be the sort of grizzled gunslinger normally portrayed by the likes of Clint Eastwood, but rather the hard, gentlemanly Lee Van Cleef type. For the female character, I'd like someone strong and independent, if inexperienced.

That said, I'm still very much open to alternative pairings and plots, so feel free to suggest anything. If you'd like to do a western RP, but the above idea doesn't appeal to you, and you don't know where to start, other settings that are of particular interest would be something set in the northern states and territories, perhaps crossing the border to Canada, or a game set on a long journey by train from east to west.

Those are just some ideas. If any of this sounds interesting, do let me know.

Healergirl

I'm interested,.  I'd like to play a widow owner of a small but water-rich spread on the US side of the southern border, who is facing a looming
water war which she will lose.   She has a few hands, but their reliability is shaky - the signed on with her late husband, not her - and in any case, they are not gunslingers.  She wants to keep the place, make it thrive.  She is strong, stubborn, still grieving her late husband... and is increasingly desperate.

Hemingway

I like that idea a lot! It sort of reminds me of the movie Open Range. Which was fantastic.

Harlequenne

I've had an itching to play a rough and tumble saloon girl, and frankly I can easily see that fitting into your scenario.  There are all kinds of reasons she might end up tagging along with him:  perhaps he's just near the border and comes across the smoldering remains of her father's saloon?  She'd insist the moment she knew he was after them, wanting her own revenge.  He could be a bounty hunter or a lawman, or even just after them for his own revenge.

How dead set are you on a realistically historical setting?  I've always wanted to try something a little "weird west," something with mages and strange creatures in the desert, but that same lawless freedom of the 1800s American west.