Interest check: Fantasy realm after the end

Started by craeric, August 28, 2023, 11:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

Cleric and Druid are still an option it sounds like.

I'll need to think on character a bit but likely to go Paladin.

Rashol

I think he specifically took druid off.
I'm at a loss what to play. So I might just have to throw dice and see what turns up. Will the nationality actually come into play, or is it a flavour thing?

Yukina

Sorry for the late response. I think I'll go for a rogue of the fisher background. Kat Fischer is a rough and tumble woman that had a fishing boat off the Long Island Coast (Nationality: German). :)

Revelation

Quote from: Rashol on September 23, 2023, 05:03:23 PM
I think he specifically took druid off.
I'm at a loss what to play. So I might just have to throw dice and see what turns up. Will the nationality actually come into play, or is it a flavour thing?

Whoops, was thinking of a different class for some reason instead of druid.

Rashol

I'm at a bit of a loss what to pick. I always pick complex ideas I'm not ready for but we have an artificer to pick up tanking and skill monkey, a rogue to strike stuff and skill monkey. A paladin to be paladin (which in 5th according to the interwebs is them just being able to do everything)

So I'm really not sure... I'm confident I want to play, just paralysed with what.

craeric

Nationality will mostly be flaver, but It will to a small degree come into play. 

And yes, at least initially Druid is off the table for roleplaying reasons.  Mostly in its case the Animal companion, but havent played a fifth druid so can't remember if there is another way to go then it.
My principle GM at table hates the class and never allows it too.

And as I say, figure will be a bit of a mix-mash.  If you want to go anime, could allow say magical girl/guy, isakai student, or broker (A merchant) too.  dont think these get TOO powerful.   

Rashol

It's usually the shapeshift out of combat. There's few traps that can't be avoided simply by becoming a spider and walking across them. Oh I've tied you up, change to a polar bear and break out. It's more the toolkit than anything else. They can be hard to ambush because they become a dog or a wolf and smell you out.

And that's before the ablative hp scenario that is infamous.

I guess I shouldn't be hung up what I play because we have a solid foundation already so I can just play whatever.

I'm tentatively leaning either Light Cleric or Divine Soul

Rashol

Is there a rule on face claims I'm just asking regarding the nationality thing.

Kind regards

craeric

No.   I will allow you to look how you wish.  And as we ARE all adults here level of clothing is also okay.  But Will put this out-  the characters, physically, will be 18 when the main story starts- that is the clones will be aged to 18.  Just remember we are in a distant land.   Divine soul... tried it once.  Only got a single session but did seem a fun subclass. 

Rashol

Thanks for the response , sorry for asking so many questions. I'm thinking either of these two but that can change.
Re: Divine Soul. I honestly wouldn't know. I've barely played 5th so I asked a friend with more experience to suggest something for me based on the current proposals. She suggested either cleric or sorceror.

craeric

Oh no problem Rashol.   You need information, and that is a good  thing.  But I should get a OOC up.  decide on a name for the game- likley later tonight. 

Revelation

Divine soul is a fairly fun subclass, I don't think you'll find it wanting.

Rashol

Ok. I think I'm going to go with the blonde.

Name: Julia Shields
Nationality: English
Background: Scholar
(I'm not fussy with the background and will happily swap about)

craeric