Desperate Times

Started by Cherri, November 28, 2012, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri

Okay so I'll try and get this rp started :D I don't think a time period has been established yet.... any particular era?

Character Introduction:
Name: Yvette Cardin
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 130
Hair color: Deep Auburn Red
Eye color: Emerald green

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning was brisk and the sunlight was barely peaking behind the grand palace that was off in the distance. Yvette took in a breath to ease her nerves, this was a bigger job then she anticipated. A few days prior, she had been approached by a man and offered a handsome amount of cash to find a way inside and steal some personal documents from the prince. She hadn't a slightest idea who the man was nor why he wanted something personal from the prince, but she could have cared less. It was a job and it was enough that she could finally get a decent house and afford a nice life.

MadnessChi1d

Name: Jaered Fa Y'ervin
Height: 6'-
Weight: 127
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Deep Blue

Jaered yawned as he read through the forms of suggestions made by his uncle, "The Minister." He grumbled in silent complaint. "Suggested change in method of choosing the fate of direct offender's to the crowned family?" He said as he flipped to the next leaf. "This could be interesting."
The young man read through the document highlights and used his books to translate all of the technical terms. Mumbling along the way, "...Current law states... A punishment suitable to crime... yada, yada, ya... eh? He looke to the "dumbed down" version of the law after the reform. "The offended party would choose a suitable punishment, severity not to exceed attempted or completed crime..."
After scrawling his approval he was done with his morning stack.
"Good job uncle, no attempts to overthrow the throne so far." He said to no one as he stood and stretched. "Time to hit the town." He grunted cracking a malevolent grin.

Cherri

Staring at the palace, Yvette tried to stir up a plan on hoe to execute this heist. She could just pretend to be a staff member and try to locate the prince's chambers or she could be more discreet. Sneak in unnoticed and try to get in and get out, but that was just as complicated. Taking her time to think, she scanned the area for potential threats and guards to see where her best entry-way would be. She settled on an entrance she found on the west side of the palace that seemed to be the entry-way for staff and supply drop offs. I think the best way for me to get inside would be dressed up as a staff member... I need to figure out where to get the uniforms at...

She walked down to the entry way and found an elder woman who seemed to be frazzled over a shipping order. "No no no this is the wrong order! I asked for a catering serving not a small order of assorted breads!" she huffed in irritation. Yvette took this moment of distraction to walk over to her.

"U-Um, excuse me, I'm one of the new maids and I had a question about the uniforms and-"

"Yes yes, they are located in the Kitchen area. Just go down the hall to your left and there should be a closet full of them."

The woman didn't even spare a glance and Yvette did not stand around to wait for one. Following the instructions she set out down the hall to change her clothes. She would then take the time to talk casually to servants and figure out where the Prince's room was located at.

Sylque

Era?  hmm.. what about during the same time frame as King Authur? 

Character Introduction:
Name: Silina D'Lancier
Height: 5' 1"
Weight: 105
Hair color: Raven Black
Eye color: Stormy blue with flecks of violet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After spending much longer than necessary on her toilette, Sirina was finally ready to greet the day and wandered over to the great window her maid had uncovered earlier.  As she toyed with the simple braid woven with a blue ribbon that matched her eyes she gazed down into the palace's bustling courtyard.  Her eyes wandered over the comings and goings first resting lightly on a young mother flanked by two children bartering with a fruit vendor who had arrived the night before only to be distracted by a commotion near the old man who cared for the chickens.  She chuckled to herself as a young boy darted through the crowd, struggling with a protesting chicken flapping under his arm. 

Just as she was about to turn away she spotted a young girl heading towards the west entrance of the palace.  She noted the girl's  beautiful hair and blinked a bit, for to her and her kind, the dark auburn shade was more than striking. The girl quickly disappeared out of site and Sirina was left wondering who she was.

She turned humming softly to herself before  finally making eye contact with her hovering maid.  "Well..  did you see him Florence?"

"Yes m'um.  Your Lord was just leaving his offices.  He looked dressed to go out M'um... and he looked mighty handsome today M'um", she couldn't help grinning at her young mistress.

"Go out? And you found out where.. yes?", her words quickly dismissed her maid's other observance only to dissolve into a grin herself. 

"Neveryoumind Flor.. I refuse to fall in love with him. He only serves a higher purpose in my life.. now quickly.. tell me where he was heading"

The two girls continued their light-hearted exchange as they hurried from the rooms that the west wing held which were quite far removed from where the palace's royalty found their chambers. 

MadnessChi1d

((Sound's good to me, Cherry?))

Jaered sauntered through the crowds of the castle, "I wonder what that prune Silina's up to... NO! No I don't" He said to himself as he passed the kitchen. He caught glimpse of some unfamiliar locks of hair, but decided to ignore it. Arluna was always employing her family into the kitchens.
"Jaered!" Came the familiar and unsettling voice of his lessons master.

"My schedule says afternoon classes Master V'horn." He said without even turning.

"Sir, it's about the leather bound book you asked of me." The man persisted, ever respectful yet ever fear inspiring.

"What of it sir?"

"I sent it to your room with a new maid." He said before retreating.

"Thank you sir."

Cherri

(( Sounds great to me! :D I've been approved but I'll wait for you two before we move this over~ ^_^ ))

'I couldn't have asked for a better set up! This is going to be much easier than I had anticipated! Yvette grinned wildly to herself as she held the leather book the instructor gave her. Peering around corners and trying not to stand out, she found her way to the prince's chambers.  She placed her hand on the door knob and noted the exquisite detail on handle itself. Royalty seemed to be obsessed with artistic tastes, even on something so simple as a door. She shook her head lightly to rid herself of distracting thoughts, took in a breath and opened the door as quietly as possible.

The bedroom looked unlike anything she had seen in a bedroom. A large canopy bed with a wide open, marbled floor, stacks of books and loose paper we clustered around the desk. She took a step inside and took a moment to take it in. This was only a bedroom too... Damn... If I was a royal I don't think I'd ever leave this place, there is so much to look at...but of course.. she chuckled to herself and put a hand on her cheek. I'm sure this is nothing to them. She brushed her bangs to the side and walked over to the desk to set the book down. Time to start digging for something, anything that was worth black mail.

She found several personal letters from women... a scandal perhaps? She was uncertain so she just grabbed what she could. Stuffing the documents into her blouse, she tried looking for anything else that was worth taking.

Sylque

((prune?  lol.. love it))

As she scampered down the spiral staircase that led from her chambers and on past the kitchens she stopped short when hearing her fiance's ubiquitous voice flip a retort back to Master V'horn.  The mention of a book being delivered to his room piqued her interest.

"Didn't even know the high and mighty prince even bothered to read" she muttered below her breath.  Despite her perception of him, the sound of his voice made her heart flutter, a reaction that startled her.    In an effort to discipline her feelings, she thrust her pert little nose up into the air and waltzed right past without a care leaving her delicate jasmine scent wafting in the air. To a casual observer it would appear that she didn't even know he was there.

"Now I'm curious.. just what kind of book would the Prince actually request", she thought to herself.  With that she changed direction and quietly stole to the servants' wing and began to climb up the narrow dimly lit staircase to find the back way to the prince's chambers.

MadnessChi1d

Jaered stopped dead in his tracks, a foreboding scent catching his nose. He turned to catch a glimpse of that princess with her nose up turned. "Ugh... My life is going to be hell." He said to himself as he turned back for the door. After he was out in the town he quickly found and followed the markings that led him to a club he had started.

As he entered the club discreetly he heard a commotion quickly followed by yelling. The prince rushed in just in time to stop on of the upper classed citizens from hitting one of the lower class. "Your discipline teaches you that he is better than you."

The young man shrank back with a look of shame on his face. "As expected I have letters from your wives describing their life with you all before and after the club started." He said to the rest of the club. "But why do I not see change in the way you act towards each other? Your next assignment is to build a brick room big enough for the lot of you, this will teach you to work together and improve respect."

With that he left the hut and went back towards the castle. During his spare time he studied relationship psychology and experimented with couples who had problems branching from the male's attitude.

Cherri

Psychology books...? Who knew the prince was big into studies... she mused and flipped through some more of the paperwork. Treaties, proclamations, speeches... nothing out of the ordinary. She found what looked like to be a pretty important speech. I know my employer doesn't want the prince so succeed at the crown... maybe this acceptance speech would also be worth taking. It seemed important and she doubt the prince could muster up another speech as special as this when the time came if it was soon. Better to do anything she could to delay this process until she had more information.

Yvette paused when she heard movement and set the remaining papers down and made sure she had what she needed before finding a place to hide in the wardrobe. She figured the prince was out and about so it was probably a maid coming to tidy up. Her disguise only got her so far, but up close someone could notice she was not truly employed there.  She would wait until the said person left and either sneak out the window down the balcony or risk it and go down the halls.

Sylque

With a furtive look around, Silina assured herself no one was about that might witness her next move. She picked up her skirts and rolled her eyes as she heard the silks swish and practically announce she was there. She froze.  It was at that moment she heard a rustling of papers. 

"That's odd.  I could have sworn the prince was headed out and here he is in his room?.. it has to be the maids."  She considered just demanding entrance but knew even she couldn't get away with that without raising a few eyebrows.  Could anyone blame a girl for wanting to know more about who she was destined to marry?  With that thought she braced herself and put on the imperious look she had been practicing in front of the mirror and stepped towards the very ornate door and rested a gloved hand on the equally decorative door knob. 

"Hello?   Are you there Jaered?   If she didn't hear him, she would simply push her way in with the excuse to the maids that she needed to leave a private note.   Surely she couldn't be faulted for that!  After all they WERE to be wed.

Cherri

Yvette froze when she heard a voice through the door an a million thoughts buzzed past her mind. Remain hidden, quickly jump out, ambush the unexpected woman and knock her out, say to hell with it and bolt off...

She was fast on her feet, years of running and mischief making did wonders for her cardio. Taking in a quick breath she stepped out of the wardrobe and placed her hand on the door knob. She would just run past this person and head strait for the exit and that would be it.  She slowly opened the door and gazed up at the manicured woman in front of her. "Your not a maid." saying her thoughts out loud she noted the woman was indeed not a maid like she was anticipating. But a lovely, pampered woman by the looks of it. Suddenly remember what she was doing she wrapped an arm around her stomach to hold the papers in her blouse securely and took off.

MadnessChi1d

"Pretty hair young maid." Jaered said as he passed a hurried looking maid on his way back to his room. He paused at the door doing a double take.
"Why are you?..." He started to ask Silina a question, but then seemed to realize something. "Hey I didn't see her in the last orientation..." With that he turned and hollered at the woman. "Oi! Are you one of Arluna's family?" He asked of his pursuit as he made his way efficiently back down the stairs. "Now come on, don't make me have to chase!"

Cherri

Shit! Was that the prince?? He was right outside the door too I thought he was supposed to be out for an extended time! She didn't stop when he called after her. Silently relieved she hadn't stayed in that room and at least had a chance to escape.  She had taken a glance back to see where he was before colliding with a cart full of lunch entries. She tumbled and landed in a heap on the floor, covered in the dishes and unaware of the furious servant who was yelling at her.

"What the bloody hell do you think you were doing child?? Do you just go running about and causing a mess of things?? The king is expecting his luchtime meal and now-"

Blah blah blah was all she heard. Trying to rub away the headache she stood up, double checking to make sure she still had the papers.

Sylque

The first thing she recognized as the girl flew by her was the auburn shade of her hair but then shocked surprise erased any further thought for a brief moment.   "Wha...  ?"  Disbelief at what she was seeing registered on her exquisite features.  She stood there gaping in a most un-lady like manner at the girl fleeing her fiance's room.  Before she could collect her wits and order the girl to stop, she was left once more gaping and sputtering like a beached fish when she realized that where the girl had once been was - Jaered..?

His half finished question rang in her ears spawning an indignant reply that ended up hanging empty in the air when just as quickly as he was there he was gone.  " What is she doing in YOUR .... "

It didn't take long after for her to collect her wits and go chasing after the two only to round the corner and run right smack into the... Prime Minister. 

"Oh... M'lord.. um.. pardon .. me.. um..  "  She flounced a brief curtsey and just pointed towards the rising voice of one of the servants as the words "bloody hell" echoed from somewhere near the kitchens.  She managed a weak smile at the now startled politician and resumed her race towards the chaos.

MadnessChi1d

Jaered approached the disaster area, cautiously avoiding scattered bits of royal lunch and the wrath of a delivery maid. He watched as the auburn haired maid seemed to check herself. "Are you hurt?" He asked as he approached her. He noticed a crowd starting to gather and tuned just in time to almost collide with Silina.

"Do you schedule these meetings to be annoying?" He asked his 'fiance' who seemed just as startled as he was. His mind was too set on helping the two possibly injured maids made for him to sound worried more than irritated at Silina's appearance.

Sylque

Fast on Silina's heels was the Prime Minister who came to a skidding halt when seeing the Prince.   Silina quickly stepped to the side so that the  man of such debonair repute could save his pride and not send her flying. 

"Jaered.. how could you imply such a thing!? she stammered as she tried to make sense of everything she had just witnessed. The red haired girl was even more pretty close up despite her disarray.  She glanced between her and her fiance and then to the crowd that had gathered with all eyes on the girl.  It was a bit obvious to her anyway that the girl was acting a bit suspicious; at least all that 'double-checking' seemed a bit out of place given the situation.

"She has something!", Silina blurted out without thinking as she pointed accusingly at the girl.  Then Silina's over-active mind immediately assumed the most scandalous of events.  "Jaered.. how could you?!  You're engaged and here you have the girl sequestered in your room  and the poor thing needed to invent a reason for being there when I discovered her and act like a lowly thief! "

The portly minister then raised one bushy eyebrow and stared even more intently at the Prince and the red haired woman.

MadnessChi1d

Jaered did a double take when he saw the prime minister barreling up behind Silina, he wouldn't believe his uncle could move that fast. He nodded to the man before turning to confront Silina to confront her about her accusations and confusing words.

"I am going to need a thesaurus if we are to get along," He told her, "I did not have any person... Sequestered?" He turned and rolled his eyes. "What ever that is, in my room. Honestly, I was out checking on my friends and I come back to find you approaching my room, and this one..." He looked to the red head and the maid she almost rolled over with the food cart. "Check her." He told the maid before turning back to Silina.

"Where was I?" He pondered, "Oh right I was almost getting knocked off the stairs."

Sylque

"Sequestered... She waves her delicate gloved hand as if willing the next words to magically appear on their own as she tried to find a better explanation.   "Hidden away.. to  have your way with her and the gods only know what that would be.  Hardly anything that would benefit the kingdom I'm supposing."

She crossed her willowy arms and met him evenly with her gaze after his comment about checking on his friends. "And I'm sure you enticed her there to wait for your return.  Go on.. check her indeed.  I'm sure she took something just to give her an excuse for being there.  Let me guess... " she rolls her eyes heavenward.  "Oh yes..  and you'll back her up and say she was delivering it to you."

Silina turns back to the girl expectantly as she shifts a little, her small satin slippered foot peeking from beneath her skirts.   "Well?"  she asks imperiously.

Cherri

In a panic, Yvette slapped away the hands of the maid that was trying to search her. Backing up, she took a defensive stance, her hands and knees shaking ever so slightly at the stressful situation. She'd never been caught before, well... she had as a child, but she thought she learned better from those.  While the lovely woman seemed to argue and question the prince she would make another dash for it.

She about turned on her heal to take off again . With this much money at stake, she couldn't afford to fail this job.

(OOC I wanted to post this at the beginning, but I took awhile trying to sketch her out, and I rushed it so its not all that good >.< But if you'd like I'd love to draw your guys' characters ^^ I also hope you guys get approved soon so we can move this over and have some real fun :D

MadnessChi1d

((Oh wow... I do wonder what the prince looks like in your imagination.))

Quick on his feet due to training in combat, Jaered caught the young woman under the arms and locked his hands behind her head. "Chasing you women is not a way for a prince to act." He told her, "Silina, I have never stashed women away in my room... Well, not since mum caught the last one, but that was before I even knew of you. Now if you will please grope the young lady to see what she has."

Cherri

"Ack! U-Unhand me at once!" Yvette squirmed and tried to break from his grasp. She paused when he started talking, and then a slight blush rising to her cheeks. "G-Grope?? I don't have anything! How dare you accuse me!"

((Well I'll get some sketches drawn and show you if you'd like ^_^ I'd also like to draw Silina :) ))

Sylque

((OOC: wow..  that's very well done!!  I'm impressed.  Yes Please...  i'd love it if you drew Silina .. honored even.  :)

Jaered's words seemed earnest enough so she decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and didn't push it  ESPECIALLY after seeing how quickly he had the woman in a headlock of sorts.   She sighed though having lost an opportunity to have something over him so that he might be more willing to do as she asks.

"If she wasn't in your room by your invitation dearest Prince, then why was she there?"  she questioned as she began to circle around them both until she stood in front of the trembling woman.  Both being much taller than her made her have to tilt her exquisite face up to them.  Her cheeks were flushed from all the excitement, tendrils of hair that had escaped from her braid from all the rushing around now curled about her brow.

Calmly and purposefully she tried to pry the woman's hands away from what she was guarding.   "I know you have something hidden. The ruse is up Miss.. kindly confess?

Cherri

Yvette frowned with a flustered expression. "Let me go! You have no rights to be holding me like this!"

A the maid Yvette had run into was frustrated enough with the situation and stuck her hand into Yvette's blouse. Earning an unwelcome shriek of surprise from Yvette and she yanked out some of the paper work.

"Thief! You were taking documents from the Prince's Chamber! Even his acceptance speech!" The maid held out the documents to the prince.

((Awesome! I hope this is all going okay and to show my thanks I'll draw the character~ ^_^))

Sylque

((This is going great!  I'm use to not rping what happens to someone else's character without rolls of the dice so it's a bit new to me in some ways.  ie.  I know that some people would have rolled to see if Silina was successful in getting the documents from your character -but-  this is very cool too - I just wasn't sure which way that was going to go without having rp'd with you both before.  :)  - thanks for just making it happen with the maid!  =D  - i'll know for next time ))

Cherri

((Oh no it's okay! Im new to this too and I wasn't sure which way you wanted to go either >.< I just figured the flustered maid would be alright since she was already pissed off XD Im sorry if I messed up something you wanted to write D: Im hoping you two will be approved here soon so we can move this over~ and have some real fun ;) ))