News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[VAN]- Burning Skies -

Started by Destiny Ascension, September 20, 2008, 05:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destiny Ascension

So yeah, this has been an idea I've been throwing around for a while now. Its pretty much an air-combat esque RP, with a lot of focus on the down-time of pilots aboard an Aircraft carrier, in an alternate reality. Honestly I don't have a real...deep story thought up, but usually thats how I go. See how things go, doing something big when necessary to progress to the story if its stalling..but anyways. So far I see a possible storyline as being something an alternate reality to our own.

Here is what I have so far;

Prologue
In 2201 they created the Sky Angel. A massive gun to be put out into space beyond earth, to protect us from more of the meteors. The meteors had fallen all over the Earth in the late 30's, killing thousands. It never made it to space. The First Global War, a massive and devastating war that engulfed every country in the world before we even knew what we were fighting over. We learned Murska, a Dictator Revolutionary governed country, had taken the Sky Angel from Artus, the largest Military country in the world. The war lasted for only 2 years, but millions died in the fighting, and after it all, Murska gained control of the Sky Angel. What followed next was the greatest genocide the world had ever seen.

In 2204, Murska used the Sky Angel against Artus, sending volleys of nuclear missiles into the lush green of Artus. 6 years later, in 2210, Artus was nothing more than a frozen waste land. Covered in ice from a nuclear winter, it was the grave of millions. Murksa had since taken control of every natural resource deposit in the entire Eastern half of the world. The only free remaining country, Oceana, was poised to be next. Nobody else had anticipated Oceana to stand up and fight, nobody had anticipated that Oceana would fight against the largest Military in the world, its totaled number of soldiers, sailors and pilots dwarfing Oceana's own population. But then again, nobody had thought the Sky Angel, our last chance at defending ourselves against a threat we could never have hoped to defeat, would become the weapon that destroys our civilizations.

If anyone is interested, I'm more than willling to develope more. Ideas and comments are gladly welcomed! :) And yes, this is slightly based off Ace Combat 4 and 5.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Trinity

This sounds like it could be pretty interesting. :) What kinda system are you using, and is this going to be spanning multiple worlds or is this just the one world?

Destiny Ascension

Well what I was thinking was people who were interested could play characters in an advanced air wing aboard an Aircraft Carrier in the war. They could use whatever planes they wanted I guess, no bars held there, and the story would be progressive. Setting a specific plot when necessary, and letting everything else roll as it will. It would have a few aspects, combat in the air would be a big part, but a lot of time could be spent with characters developing relationships, coulpled with the stress of life on a carrier, during a war, and the mentality "every second is prescious, it could be our last" etc etc..

As for worlds, I was thinking of keeping it in an alternate reality of Earth. Fewer nations, most focus on an arctic region, with appearances of other areas. I admit I had a long term, larger group idea going when this developed, though it can definitely be changed as necessary. There'd also be of course, romantic possibilities, no limits. And maybe even a few surprises, like shore leaves, vacation-ish things, and other stuff pending interest and stuff. :)
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Inkidu

Ooh, alternate reality science-fiction...
I want in.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Destiny Ascension

Alright good to hear :)

Technically I wouldn't classify this as Sci-Fi, but then again, considering what some planes can do today I'm not sure what to think.

So far I have a few good ideas about how to get things started, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to add their touch.