News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

John Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity

Started by Vekseid, September 19, 2010, 02:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

October 30th, Washington D.C. Mall. Videos can be gleaned from the Daily Show and Colbert Nation sites:

http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/

Colbert, of course, has a response:

http://www.keepfearalive.com/

If I could get my vehicle repaired in time I'd be there with a giant sign.

Brilliant timing on Stewart's part, for certain.

HockeyGod

If it wasn't so last minute, we could have done some kind of carpool. Unfortunately I've got work up the ying yang on the 30th and 31st  :-(

Ryven

I might be going.  It's only a few hours away for me.

Wolfy

T_T..I want to go....but alas, it's so far away...

Vekseid

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 19, 2010, 04:06:45 PM
If it wasn't so last minute, we could have done some kind of carpool. Unfortunately I've got work up the ying yang on the 30th and 31st  :-(

That does get me a bit. This would have been far more effectively announced just after Beck's rally - more people would have been able to schedule and the announcement wouldn't be nearly as forced. I imagine Viacom may have sat on its thumbs on the idea, though, so I wouldn't outright blame Stewart... but still : /

Wolfy

Well, he has been planning this announcement for a week or so now...people had probably already guessed what it was, but just didn't know the date and time.

People have already been wanting Colbert to do a counter-rally to Beck's...even going so far as to release doves and things. lol

Paradox

The girlfriend and I are going since it's only a few hours away, and her brother lives outside of D.C., so we can stay with him for the night.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

ShadesofGrey

Yeah, I'm on the wrong coast to go to it, but it sounds brilliant. Have a friend from NYC that's going, so she can have enough fun for us both I hope.

I would love to see Glenn Beck and Jon debate. Wouldn't that just be awesome? ;D

Vekseid

People like Glenn Beck have triggers, I'd be surprised if Glenn wasn't aware of that and the risk he'd be taking by having someone like John Stewart tear into him.

itsbeenfun2000

glenn beck would never debate someone unless he had control of the situation

Revolverman

I woudn't have them in the same room unless Rob Riggle was there to watch Stewart's back.

Vekseid

That would be fair, apparently Glenn Beck has a personal bodyguard too.

Wolfy

Well, Glenn already commented that Colbert and Stewart are going to "Activate the Youth" as if they have some kind of WMD. O_o

Two Faced

I'll be going, if I can manage. It's only an hour and a half away on a bad traffic day. I'm not entirely sure what to expect... but it should prove interesting. (Colbert seems to be focusing on it a lot more then Stewart on his show, too. But Colbert always was more focused on entertainment.)
A funny thing, the king who gets himself assassinated.

Vekseid

Quote from: Wolfy on September 22, 2010, 11:19:25 PM
Well, Glenn already commented that Colbert and Stewart are going to "Activate the Youth" as if they have some kind of WMD. O_o

It's a seven point swing if his demographic is activated. To republicans, that is a nightmare.

Revolverman

You know Glenn has lost it when he is stealing plot points from AMERICAN DAD.

TheVillain

I'm thinking of going myself actually. I live in Missouri but I'm unemployed so fuck it, why not?
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Oniya

You mean 'The Youth' isn't a WMD?  [/curmudgeon]  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Quote from: Oniya on September 23, 2010, 07:22:20 PM
You mean 'The Youth' isn't a WMD?  [/curmudgeon]  ;D

No..but they sure make a mess like one. *Rimshot*

itsbeenfun2000

I think stewart and colberts dualing rallies will do wonders for people who need to see what beck is doing to this country

Wolfy

It's not just Beck. The entirety of Fox news can be blamed as well. >_>

TheVillain

Well, I give Shep a pass personally. He does drink from the company kool-aid, but not nearly as much. When you see his eyes when he's obviously thinking "What the fuck is wrong with you people" it's a thing of beauty.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Wolfy

I love how Fox News Bad mouths the main funder for the Ground Zero Mosque..yet never say his full name, nor show his picture. Why? Because he owns 2/3rds(or is at least one of the primary shareholders) of Newscorp, the company that owns..FOX NEWS.

So. ****ing. Hilarious to see them try and dance around it.

Ignaddio

I plan on showing up, as Washington DC is practically just a trip down the interstate for me.

Also, some people who can't make it are planning satellite rallies in their areas.

Iirc, reddit's community had a large part in motivating Stephen Colbert to the task.
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

Wolfy

Teehee....the One thing that the people of Congress laughed at at Colbert's hearing(Paraphasing):

"I trust that after hearing me speak, members of congress, that you will continue to work towards the people's best interests, as you always do."

....and they laughed at that. o3o

...(Though I probably got the quote wrong)