Rebel Gems. (Steven U RP, Need players. Male/Female)

Started by Lustful Bride, November 08, 2015, 10:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Gems, a crystalline, humanoid race whose bodies were made out of hard light. Their technology was light years ahead of Earth(which at the time had not even thought up the concept of pyramids yet) and was so advanced it was as Magic, to the tribal humans, when they arrived on Earth in their bid to expand their empire across the Milky Way. The humans saw the Gems as gods, bowing down and worshipping them on sight. Some of the Gems were fascinated intellectually by these short lived organic beings that populated the Earth en masse, others admired their will to survive with no technology or natural strength other than their own will to survive. While others still looked upon the humans as nothing more than 'toys' and prey to be hunted and killed for the sole purpose of enjoyment. This idea of what to do with the world and the sentients upon it would inevitably lead to a terrible war. It was the final straw upon many others that would ignite a powder keg and lead to open rebellion. This would come when the Diamond authority, who were well known for their endless cruelty and lack of compassion towards all things, ordered the extermination of all organic life on Earth, especially humans.

The gem civil war, a terrible conflict of independence that nearly split the Gem Empire apart, lasted for many centuries and cost many lives. It raged not only on Earth but within parts of Gem controlled space. As Rose Quartz and the other Gems of her army battled for the independence of Earth and all the Humans and Gems on it, there were many other rebel gems raising hell in her name behind the lines. Be they slaves who rebelled against their masters, officers who could not follow their orders to wipe out the Humans, or Gems who didn’t want to die because they were now considered ‘Obsolete’ by the Diamond Authority or wanted more out of life than the cruel caste system dictated.

So even after the war ended on earth, there were still many rebels keeping Homeworld busy. Though the Empire was massive and this rag tag bunch didn’t really accomplish much more than being an occasional annoyance. A stolen or destroyed ship here, a small guerilla attack there, small fry to the Diamond Authority which were more concerned in playing the great game with one another, especially now that Yellow Diamond was increasing in power over all others.  Despite the rebels best efforts and a few victories, it was a constant losing battle. The longer it went on, the more rebels would disappear, either from dying in battle or just deserting their comrades in hopes of escaping into the depths of space for safety or being accepted and given mercy by their former masters.

But some didn't want to give up the fight without one last middle finger to the Authority.

A small band of rebels decided and planned for weeks on a final score. Their plan was to raid a small prison ship taking several captured or suspected rebels off to execution. (No trials of course.) Either they would leave with a brand new ship and sail away to new lands with new friends, or they would die trying to rescue their bretheren. Whichever came, they were committed to the task.

The mission was underway and despite some casualties, the rebel crew eventually managed to take control of the ship and quickly plotted a course  through a warp point, with an Authority ship in hot pursuit. With no other choice after one of their engines is hit, the ship's pilot hit in some familiar  coordinates that hadn't been used in a long time, but one that they knew the authority wouldn't follow them through. And soon they found themselves falling down to Earth after so many centuries away, coming through the warp on the moon and being pulled in by Gravity.

They hit land in some random island in the Caribbean, miraculously not getting killed in the process. While surveying the damage, the sun had begun setting, and the Rebel Gems learned that their landing spot carries with it something special. A Bioluminecent bay. One of the rarest things on Earth, where the bacteria glow with a neon hue as bright as the stars above. Never before had they seen such a sight, nothing of this beauty existed on any Gem controlled planet, and soon the rebel gems began to see why Rose Quartz loved the Earth so much. With little debate they decided that this would be their new home.

First order of business, figure out just where they were.

OOC: If you want to join but are unfamiliar with the setting just ask and I will give you a summary and quick Q/A to help out.
I thought it was about time I worked on a Steven Universe RP and decided to be the GM of it since I love the universe enough to do it justice, while also giving the players some leeway. But I would also really love a CO GM to help lighten some of the load from running an entire group game all on my own.

In this rp we will be going on adventures to recover Gem War Artifacts, fighting Homeworld Mercenaries, taking down Corrupted Gems and wacky and fun adventures. Male Gems will be allowed though we can say that they were phased out by the Diamond Authority, considered Obsolete now that they could mass produce other Gems in massive numbers.

Since its been established that Gems are mass produced I will allow players to have Gems that have appeared in the show. On the stipulation that they are a double and not the one we have seen in the show. They need to look different and not be a carbon copy of their show counterpart.

For Example: Jasper with her hair shorter and a shawl over her shoulders.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This is good enough for her to be A Jasper but not The Japser from the show, thus she is able to be used if one so wishes. Just kindly run your character by me for approval and such.) This applies to all gems save for Rose. There can only be one.

I understand that finding an appropriate image can be difficult so pictures for your characters are not mandatory, if you happen to find one that you think works well enough then feel free to toss it in.
My only other stipulation is to be sure not to include an overpowered Mary Sue and aside from that have fun!

Below is my own character and hopefully it will help you plan out your own.

Name/Nickname: Topaz/ "Paz"

Class: Engineer/medic. (Though not a very good medic)

Weapons: Wrist blaster (stolen from a Peridot) and a shield.

Eye/hair color: Brown, usually kept slicked back with a small ponytail like addition.

Equipment: Having existed before the creation of Peridots, Topaz had very limited gear, beyond her built in shield she only really had a sword that was eventually removed from her arsenal when Topaz's were being phased out to be replaced by the superior Peridots. She now carries her shield and a blaster, as well as a few spare bits o equipment, be it a grenade, or

Gem location: On her back. Topaz’s were never designed to retreat from battle, this was just another way to motivate them.

Thing she loves about earth: Music, this fascinating human concept of sounds that can be pleasurable. What a novel concept! Aside from the lovely melodies produced by the Humans, she also enjoys  the idea of surfing but mostly for how fast it is. Paz can be seen speeding around the island on a small modified hover board. Why humans haven't invented a hoverboard yet is beyond her. They don't know what they are missing! Surfboards are so last century.

Personality: Topaz doesn't like to kill, but it was her lot in life. Being used to conquer worlds and for the petty infighting between the rulers of the Diamond Authority council as they tried to expand their powerbase with the constant infighting between them all. She witnessed many of her sisters dying before her eyes, their gems permanently cracked or crushed into dust. All because some DA wanted to have more voting power among the council, which planted the seed of rebellion in her heart. To this day she still cant believe she was once proud to have held the banner of a Diamond high in the sky during a battle when its previous holder was killed.

When her kind were being phased out to be replaced by the more advanced, and cost effective, Peridots she fully embraced the teachings of Rose Quartz and joined many others in the Earth Rebellion, despite only seeing it once from the moon and hearing about it from reports, she still thought similarly that it was a beautiful place that needed to be protected. Especially if it went against the Authority's wishes.

Despite this Topaz is fun loving and likes to see the brighter side of things, though she has been known to panic when things get tough, no longer able to rely upon her sisters for strength. Topaz has a few neurotic tendencies in preferring to work with machines herself, hating when others touch her projects and being terrified of having to take over medic duties. Since the most of her knowledge in that field is applying medigel to the cracks in a gem and ensuring bedrest. Anything else is beyond her abilities.

Being made to be a soldier for the entierty of her existence, Topaz still has some of those tendencies and doesn't always catch herself when she salutes those she sees as her superior officers and using terms such as "Sir" or "ma'am" even when she is on a first name basis with these gems.

Her hobbies include exploring the island, watching the Bioluminescent bay, racing around on a hoverboard and other fun activities that done include killing. She values Earth and the Humans upon it, though mostly because she sees it as the biggest middle finger to the Diamond Authority and partially because of the greatest human invention ever, music.

Bio: Topaz, like her sister Gems, was part of an experimental model that at one point was meant to be the bulk of the Gem Army. A massive sisterhood of Gems with shields to create a phalanx and push their way through any enemy. But they were phased out rather quickly when newer and better models were designed. Despite their meritorious service in the name of 'Silver Diamond, they were just as easily thrown away as trash, and were on their way to be decommissioned. Which for Gems, means death. Having their gems crushed into nothing more than dust.

Pretty soon talk of rebellion began spreading among the ranks and soon action replaced words. With the Topaz's attacking the guards. But not all were so willing to betray their masters and Paz was forced to fight and kill some of her own sisters. Some of which called her a traitor with their last words. Still the day ended with the Topaz corps. earning their freedom. They joined up with Rose Quartz's army and proved their strength as a frontline fighting force, their rectangular, golden shields providing cover for countless Crystal Gems and being like a mighty wall against the enemy.

When the rebellion officially ended many didn't want the fighting to stop and Paz was one such Gem, joining up with the rebels in Gem space and raising hell for centuries to come. One day on a raid of a facility she encountered several Peridots in the control room. Peridots, the gems that had rendered her and her sisters obsolete. Paz isn't proud of what she did but she killed all but three of them. They drew their blasters on her and she cut them down, Peridots were designated as non combatants and to be given quarter, but Paz had lost control and didn't regain it until one of them fell to her knees, sobbing and pleading for mercy. Screaming and crying at the top of her lungs that she didn't want to die, it made Paz feel so disgusted and ashamed of herself that she let them escape. Afterwards Paz threw away her sword, ashamed of the thing and instead now carries around a blaster/hand similar to a PEridot model's in order to stun enemies, only killing when she has no choice in the matter. This refusal to kill gave Paz a lot of time to learn another trade to still be of use to the rebellion, Engineering.

When the rebellion faded to memory she joined up with a rebel group offering up a last score, since she was familiar with some of those in the 20+ group and while that number would be greatly reduced, she knew they would have rather died in a blaze of glory as they did and was happy to help them gain such an end. Arriving upon Earth she has learned that in a local dialect, her nickname 'Paz' sounds similar to the word for 'Peace" and she now likes her name much more for it now.

Lustful Bride

basic character sheet template.

.Image(If applicable)

Name/Nickname:

Class:

Status

Weapons

Eye/hair color:

Equipment:

Gem location:

Thing they love about earth: .

Personality:

Bio:

These are actually the perfect videos to explain some of the basic concepts of the show.

1:

2:

3:

Matttheman89

I'll play! I'll play! Ooo! Ooo! Me! Me! Pick me!  XD

Juggtacular

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Matttheman89 on November 09, 2015, 12:59:02 AM
I'll play! I'll play! Ooo! Ooo! Me! Me! Pick me!  XD

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 09, 2015, 01:00:20 AM
Should have my app up later today Lusty. :)

And sold to the two gentlemen in front ^-^

Also these may help but upt o you if you wanna use em :P

Il even toss in some character concepts for free.

Spinel: Former gladiator/duelist. She usually was brought out to entertain with duels against other Gems when one of the Diamond Authority was having a party and needed entertainment. Its a good living, though a risky one. All it takes is one bad performance or failing to impress a Diamond when they are placing their bets. Sadly spinel didn't go down when her employer had bet she would and now she finds herself being imprisoned without having even committed a crime.

Sugilite: Hes big, rough and as tough as they come. When they made him they literally broke the mold, and while most gems would have been killed on site for such a thing, Sugilite was lucky. Those running the harvesting operation at his Kinder Garden had seen potential in him. For the rest of his life Sugilite spent every day fighting in Arena after Arena. Killing rival competitors as a gladiator for the entertainment for the masses. But constant victories can get boring after a while, and Sugilite found himself being told to take a dive for once. He told them where they could shove it and the rest is history.

Larimar: Once a loyal member of Homeworld Security, Larimar arrested many rebels and suspected rebels in his time. While It hurt him that none of them could get trials anymore he had a job to do and did it with pride. Problem was this devotion would lead him to speak out against the Diamond Authority when they began to order executions to be done on the spot, which proved to be too much for Larimar to handle, who turned himself in, for openly preaching rebellion.

Jasper: Former Homeworld commander who served with distinction but was stripe of rank, and honors, solely on the suspicion that she might have ideas that didn't coincide with the policies of the DA and forced to a prison ship for execution. The government she had served with all her heart for her life had betrayed her, on just the suspicion of rebellion.

Centipeetle (no idea what her real gem is): Shes so cute <3

Edit: Threw in some character concepts for those who wanna join but can't find a character or are unfamiliar with it.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 09, 2015, 01:08:21 AM
And sold to the two gentlemen in front ^-^

Also these may help but upt o you if you wanna use em :P

I can definitely see the first two as Gladiators (even though Sugilite is a fusion but shshhhhh) and the last one almost gives a vibe of being like a cop or bodyguard.

Also Jasper, cause we all need more big buff cheeto puff.

Pfft cheeto puff! xD

If college wasn't heading towards final projects I probably would be joining this. Have a few base ideas for gems that could to be quite interesting(examples being one that is blind or one that might be bipolar ;)).
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Drowdeviant on November 09, 2015, 10:33:46 AM
Pfft cheeto puff! xD

If college wasn't heading towards final projects I probably would be joining this. Have a few base ideas for gems that could to be quite interesting(examples being one that is blind or one that might be bipolar ;)).

Dont worry, you can always join in later  :-)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 09, 2015, 11:01:18 AM
Dont worry, you can always join in later  :-)
I know that, the basis you set up does led itself to that(maybe the prisoners on the ship were kept bubbled for transport and the rebels couldn't get to some parts of the ship due to the crash).

I also have this weird interest in geomancy for their special ability(granted I probably make it emotion controlled so not to Mary Sue).
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Drowdeviant on November 09, 2015, 11:17:58 AM
I know that, the basis you set up does led itself to that(maybe the prisoners on the ship were kept bubbled for transport and the rebels couldn't get to some parts of the ship due to the crash).

My thoughts exactly. And new players are those whose gems were just found or released from a bubble.

Hmmm such a power could work. Maybe its only limited to what they can touch?

Kokaine

Gonna see if I can work up a sheet for this :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Kokaine on November 10, 2015, 09:49:18 AM
Gonna see if I can work up a sheet for this :)

Whoo! Glad to hear that! If you have questions or need any help feel free to ask :)

Juggtacular

Name/Nickname: Black Diamond, BD, Prism

Class: Diamomnd Authority

Weapons: Black Diamond's weapon takes the form of a sword hilt. By charging it, he can generate an energy blade from the hilt. The blade can be altered for different types of attacks. A rapier for fast, piercing attacks. A katana for balance between speed and power. A buster sword for overwhelming force.

Eye/hair color: Glittering black

Equipment: Black Diamond has never had the need to carry equipment. His powers are all he needs. He will use equipment if it helps and it's nearby though.

Gem location: A small black diamond is located on each knuckle.

Thing they love about earth: The simplicity. Here he doesn't have to worry about someone scheming to steal a sector right out from under his nose, or send a battle squadron to ambush him and test his strength. He enjoys not sleeping with one eye open and looking over his shoulder for something to go wrong.

Personality: Black Diamond is...well he's a Diamond. He's commanding, authoritative, and wise. However, as the black sheep of the Authority, he has a different outlook than most if not all of the others. He doesn't command because he's a diamond. He commands because he earned it. He's an authority figure who has no problem listening to suggestions or plans, or even taking a backseat if someone is better suited than him. His wisdom doesn't come with a price. Simply put, if more Diamonds were like him, the rebellion may never have happened.

But when honesty, compassion, love...when those things didn't factor into the Authority's plans, it was inevitable.  He is just like every other Diamond in one aspect though. When it comes to battle, he can be utterly ruthless if who he's fighting has no tactical value like a hostage or information. Enemy gems get split with no mercy or hesitation. It's not nice, but it's necessary. He only bubbles gem monsters though, as they are pitiful creatures who have no control over their situation.

Bio: Black Diamond was created to lead. As a member of the Diamond Authority, simply because he had Diamond in his name, he was given a portion of Homeworld to control. All the "Black" sectors belonged to Black Diamond and Black Diamond only. Maybe it was due to the fact that he was one of the rare "Male" Gems, or his power? Or maybe because he was just different, but from the start it was clear Black Diamond was not like the others of the Authority. He treated the Gems under his command with compassion and respect.

He didn't treat them like slaves to be destroyed on a whim. The others didn't like how he governed, but they couldn't deny how good he was at it. No, they were just bothered, jealous. Yellow Diamond especially. She resented Black because their powers both political and otherwise were roughly equal, and Yellow Diamond wanted to be the best, the most powerful bar none. Still, she couldn't wage open war against a fellow Diamond, so instead she kept a close eye on him, and tested him from time to time, but always in ways that she could deny. This went on for centuries, millenia, he lost count eventually and learned to see it as a game between them. She'd attack, he'd drive her away, they'd smile to each others faces at the next meeting. Rinse, repeat over and over again through time.

When it came time to expand their empire, he was one of the first to see Earth, to set foot there. He admired humanity for their spirit, drive, and ability to persevere. It saddened him when it was decided that they were to be used, to be killed, to be lower than the lowest Gem. The Authority had an almost unanimous vote that Earth was to be wiped free of life, then harvested for resources. That started the Civil War, and immediately Black Diamond turned against the Authority. In secret however, as no Diamond was powerful enough to take on the entirety of the Authority alone. From behind the scenes he contacted Rose Quartz, and with her as the public head of the Rebellion, it's war general, Black Diamond was free to move behind the scenes.

Though he couldn't challenge the others directly, he could make their lives hell. With the vast power at his command, Black Diamond was the biggest secret ally to the rebellion. He provided funds, weapons, safehouses, ships, intel. Whatever the Rebellion needed that he could provide, he did. After the war on Earth, the Rebellion got less and less successful. He was convinced however that if the Authority won, all would be lost. His determination proved his undoing however, and a small mistake was all Yellow Diamond needed to find the evidence against him and lock him away.

He fought valiantly but again, no one Diamond is more powerful than the Authority. He couldn't stand against Yellow and all the others at once. He was imprisoned, stripped of his status and authority, then sentenced to execution. The ultimate dishonor for a Diamond. He was locked in a quadruple max security cell and dumped in a prison ship where everyone aboard was bound for execution. He expected to die proudly for what he'd believed in. Instead, a final group of rebels hijacked the ship. They saved his life that day, and he vowed to protect them from then on, and maybe one day lead them home and make the Gem World somewhere good to live.

Lustful Bride

BD is Approved, I like how his weapon is channeled through the sword hilt. Makes him stand out and makes sense since he is a Diamond and in a class all his own. Also a creative way to keep him from being OP. IF an enemy wants to disable him they just need to take away the hilt.

Kokaine

Withdrawn

Name/Nickname: Nuummite / "Nuuma", "Shadow"

Class: Scout / Assassin

Weapons: Dual Chakrams that can grow to be the size of large bladed hula hoops. They are summoned as a single projection from her gem and can be wielded as a single ring/hoop or split apart into two.

Appearance:
Eyes (only the right) - Black with a burst of gold at its center.
Hair - Long, thick, and black with golden highlights that are subdued until struck by light. It is usually kept in pigtails with large ringlets (drill hair) and sharp, asymmetrical bangs.
Skin - A dark yellowish brown
Height - Not terribly tall for a gem, nor terribly short, she stands near the height of the average human man. (A bit under 6 feet.)
Build - She lacks the heft of the larger Quartz gems but is more sturdy in appearance than say a Pearl. Her form is curvy rather than angular but those curves are streamlined. (Opal would be a close comparison minus the second set of arms.)
Outfit - A short black cloak and cowl that manages to hide her face in shadow while not covering or restricting her large and lengthy pigtails. Underneath she wears a sleeveless gold top and a black harness, gold leggings, black boots that come up to mid thigh and are seemingly held up by an attachment to her harness (something like this), as well as black fingerless gloves. She also wears a gold eye visor that covers her right eye and wraps about her head to end just over her left ear, leaving her gem (left eye) unobstructed.

Equipment: An eye visor with limited tech functionality due to damage taken in battle. A non-lethal restraint collar that can be thrown like one of her Chakram.

Gem location: Her left eye.

Thing they love about earth: The humans. She finds them charming, intriguing, bewitching, and bewildering all at once. She spent quite a long time simply watching them from a far and finds herself inclined to laugh and cry with them even without knowing them personally or even understanding why they do the things they do. In the same vein, movies, television, books, and other types of media are also capable of enthralling her for hours on end.

Personality: Preferring not to speak or even make a sound, Nuuma is a naturally stealthy and observant individual in all areas of her day to day existence. Being a rather spiritual gem, compromise on some levels can be rather difficult for her. After all, she knows what she knows and what she doesn't know, she doesn't know. Thankfully to her business is business and all else is not. Which is simply a way of saying that nothing will stand in her way when she chooses to carryout an order or a mission. The keyword there though is chooses for she is headstrong and opinionated and has no problem expressing these traits as her refusal to speak does not keep her from effectively communicating when she needs to. It should also be noted that for Nuuma the taking of life is never done easily be it human or gem, but it is done when necessary and without hesitation, executed in the swiftest and most merciful manner possible.

Outside of the necessary evils, Nuuma is surprisingly intuitive when it comes to those around her. Usually she seems rather stoic in demeanor and can be intensely private about some things but she is generous in spirit and her brilliant smile, infectious laughter, and even tears all come to the surface easily and without shame. She loves surprises since they are difficult to execute successfully with her and she does not always seem to remember the concept of personal space. Direct confrontations are usually avoided unless pressed but of course she is master of giving the silent treatment. Yes, she is stubborn and prone to distraction when not focused on business but she is also an excellent listener, devoutly loyal to those of worth, and possesses a wicked sense of humor--its always funny to her what others never see coming.

Bio: The Nuummites were an experimental gem that seemed promising at first but quickly revealed themselves to be entirely flawed as whole as far as the Homeworld Gems were concerned. Designed with stealth in mind, they were unleashed on the rebellion with the aim of handling far more subtle or sensitive missions, the goal being to bring about much swifter ends to conflicts with fewer casualties. Homeworld was also considering them for future missions to other worlds where they might be of use in preventing similar outcomes as what had happened on Earth but the project failed before it even truly got off the ground.

There seemed to be a fatal flaw that existed within the core makeup of the Nuummites. Those that continued to function were kept as novelties or servants but the largest portion of them ended up bubbled or destroyed if they hadn't self-destructed through some means already. Nuuma herself was one of the few that were kept. Prized as much for her combat ability and success rate as for the keenly pleasurable sound of her voice, she found herself caught up in the thick of the action as she belonged to a famed Quartz commander.

Sent here and there, Nuuma took up arms in the name of her Master and the banner he waved, silently executing targets and seeking out information or secretly secured routes to the rebel camps. However, as she did so, her travels revealed much to her and it was Earth itself and its inhabitants that captivated her. Even her Master could see the changes in her that were taking place as she learned more of the rebellion and its origins and finally he confronted her with the intent to further press upon her his will and stamp out what he sensed growing in her. The two had a big fight and became so engrossed that Nuuma did not see the intruder until it was too late. The Rebel gem fired their blaster at her Master and Nuuma reacted as her heart told her to, diving in front of him and taking the gem damaging blow that would have surely killed him.

It would be some time before she awoke, her gem largely healed but not completely, to find herself abandoned. At that very moment, Nuuma made the decision to keep her silence both because her Master had adored the sound of her voice and frequently requested for her to sing or speak to him and because had she not said a word during their disagreement the intruder might never have gotten the drop on them. The rebellion still waged but her Master was nowhere to be found or else was simply avoiding her and ignoring her continued existence, and she dared not go public for fear that he had branded her a traitor to be destroyed. Heartbroken and not a little enraged, Nuuma tracked down the rebel forces and pledged her services to Rose Quartz.

From there she used her stealth in the name of the rebellion and trekked wherever she could be of service though it was clear after some time that their side was losing as many of her comrades were killed off or simply did not return from their missions. Her own missions seemed to be growing more and futile with less and less chance of success or the chance for any real impact. Her last defiant act was to help with the taking of a small prison ship as a sort of last hurrah and middle finger to the Homeworld--her former Master included. She didn't know if they'd be successful or not but she gave it her all and they managed to pull off a victory. Now Nuuma is not sure what the next steps should be but she remains with the surviving rebels in the hopes that an answer might be found.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Kokaine on November 10, 2015, 04:14:55 PM
Name/Nickname: Nuummite / "Nuuma", "Shadow"

Class: Scout / Assassin

Weapons: Dual Chakrams that can grow to be the size of large bladed hula hoops. They are summoned as a single projection from her gem and can be wielded as a single ring/hoop or split apart into two.

Eye/hair color: Eyes (only the right) - Black with a burst of gold at its center; Hair - Long, thick, and black with golden highlights that are subdued until struck by light. Usually kept in pigtails with large ringlets (drill hair) and asymmetrical bangs.

Equipment: An eye visor with limited tech functionality due to damage taken in battle. A non-lethal restraint collar that can be thrown like one of her Chakram.

Gem location: Her left eye.

Thing they love about earth: The humans. She finds them charming, intriguing, bewitching, and bewildering all at once. She spent quite a long time simply watching them from a far and finds herself inclined to laugh and cry with them even without knowing them personally or even understanding why they do the things they do. In the same vein, movies, television, books, and other types of media are also capable of enthralling her for hours on end.

Personality: Lacking the ability to speak (though she can make very soft noises with effort and in some cases share information from her perspective with a touch), Nuuma is a naturally stealthy and observant individual in all areas of her day to day existence. Being a rather spiritual gem, compromise on some levels can be rather difficult for her. After all, she knows what she knows and what she doesn't know, she doesn't know. Thankfully to her business is business and all else is not. Which is simply a way of saying that nothing will stand in her way when she chooses to carryout an order or a mission. The keyword there though is chooses for she is headstrong and opinionated and has no problem expressing these traits as her lack of speech does not keep her from effectively communicating when she needs to. It should also be noted that for Nuuma the taking of life is never done easily be it human or gem, but it is done when necessary and without hesitation, executed in the swiftest and most merciful manner possible.

Outside of the necessary evils, Nuuma is surprisingly intuitive when it comes to those around her. Usually she seems rather stoic in demeanor and can be intensely private about some things but she is generous in spirit and her brilliant smile, infectious laughter, and even tears all come to the surface easily and without shame. She loves surprises since they are difficult to execute successfully with her and she does not always seem to remember the concept of personal space. Direct confrontations are usually avoided unless pressed but of course she is master of giving the silent treatment. Yes, she is stubborn and prone to distraction when not focused on business but she is also an excellent listener, devoutly loyal to those of worth, and possesses a wicked sense of humor--its always funny to her what others never see coming.

Bio: The Nuummites were an experimental gem that seemed promising at first but quickly revealed themselves to be entirely flawed as whole as far as the Homeworld Gems were concerned. Designed with stealth in mind, they were unleashed on the rebellion with the aim of handling far more subtle or sensitive missions, the goal being to bring about much swifter ends to conflicts with fewer casualties. Homeworld was also considering them for future missions to other worlds where they might be of use in preventing similar outcomes as what had happened on Earth but the project failed before it even truly got off the ground.

There seemed to be a fatal flaw that existed within the core makeup of the Nuummites. Those that continued to function were kept as novelties or servants but the largest portion of them ended up bubbled or destroyed if they hadn't self-destructed through some means already. Nuuma herself was one of the few that were kept. Prized as much for her combat ability and success rate as for the keenly pleasurable sound of her voice, she found herself caught up in the thick of the action as she belonged to a famed Quartz commander.

Sent here and there, Nuuma took up arms in the name of her Master and the banner he waved, silently executing targets and seeking out information or secretly secured routes to the rebel camps. However, as she did so, her travels revealed much to her and it was Earth itself and its inhabitants that captivated her. Even her Master could see the changes in her that were taking place as she learned more of the rebellion and its origins and finally he confronted her with the intent to further press upon her his will and stamp out what he sensed growing in her. The two had a big fight and became so engrossed that Nuuma did not see the intruder until it was too late. The Rebel gem fired their blaster at her Master and Nuuma reacted as her heart told her to, diving in front of him and taking the gem damaging blow that would have surely killed him.

It would be some time before she awoke, her gem largely healed but not completely, to find herself abandoned and without the ability to speak. The rebellion still waged but her Master was nowhere to be found or else would not hear her call, and she dared not go public for fear that he had branded her a traitor to be destroyed. Heartbroken and not a little enraged, Nuuma tracked down the rebel forces and pledged her services to Rose Quartz.

From there she used her stealth in the name of the rebellion and trekked wherever she could be of service though it was clear after some time that their side was losing as many of her comrades were killed off or simply did not return from their missions. Her own missions seemed to be growing more and futile with less and less chance of success or the chance for any real impact. Her last defiant act was to help with the taking of a small prison ship as a sort of last hurrah and middle finger to the Homeworld--her former Master included. She didn't know if they'd be successful or not but she gave it her all and they managed to pull off a victory. Now Nuuma is not sure what the next steps should be but she remains with the surviving rebels in the hopes that an answer might be found.

Had to actually look yup what Chakrams are. something tells me Numa might like Xena ^_^

im abit wary about her inability to speak but im willing to give it a try. It could be interesting. My only gripe is that since you don't have an image (I don't blame you, its hard to find a good one) id recommend adding alittle more description to her so other players can have a workable mental image.  Otherwise, approved!

Kokaine

Yeah, I think she might indeed love Xena, lol.

I am still looking picture wise but I may just go ahead and write up a description for her because I'm not finding anything I like. >.>

As far as her inability to speak, I thought about making it less an actual flaw and more of a choice since her previous Master liked her for that trait. Doing it that way would mean she might find a reason to speak in game. Or your character, or another if we get another medic, might be able to fix the lingering damage to her gem eventually. I dunno. Just some ideas. If it really seems like it won't work or would be too distracting I can take it out and just have her be really quiet most of the time :P

My O/Os

Winds Of Lust

I'm likely to join :D I even have a Spinel OC who ironically enough is vaguely gladiator themed.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Winds Of Lust on November 11, 2015, 10:49:21 PM
I'm likely to join :D I even have a Spinel OC who ironically enough is vaguely gladiator themed.

Feel free to drop a CS whenever you are ready :-)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Lustful Bride

Quote from: la dame en noir on November 12, 2015, 01:10:30 AM
I'm just here to look at all the pretty profiles.

You can make one too. Then we can have an adventure!  ;D *Flies off on a rainbow while shouting adventure*

Lustful Bride

I would just like to take a moment to thank Warden Ice for writing our new theme song.  ;D Which I have posted up above in the original post and will probably post later on elsewhere  XD

Winds Of Lust

Name/Nickname: Rose Spinel Goes by the Older name for her gem-set Balas Ruby

Class:  Legacy Gladiator/Warrior

Weapons: 
Gem weapon: She summons a set of shoulder/arm armor, reminiscent of the sort of armor worm by gladiators on earth, though pinkish red in color and far more stylized of course.

Weapon: A red colored bearded ax . A specially crafted weapon, given a gift to her by her very first owner. It is a  weapon of excellent quality and make. While not her 'gem weapon' she often keeps it magically stored in her gem. If damaged or lost it would be forever gone.

Ability: Balas can exert control over, as well as generate, fire. Now don't expect her to be pulling off some of the stuff Lazuli can with water. She is a gladiator Gem, not a noble or general to have such shocking amounts of power. Her strength isn't so large and effortless as that. She has the most power/control of fire when she is using her gem weapon as the focus for it.

Eye/hair color:
Eyes: A pale red, she was often told by her various sponsors/owners over the years that they found them sharp and full of passion, though she never seemed to see what they did.

Hair: An ashy white color. A wavy ordeal, normally kept pulled back into a warriors braid.  When unbound it gets sort of poofy and everywhere as is common for the warrior class of gems.

Appearance: Something like this with this sort of outfit sort of like this, save for it is in tones of red and black.

Gem location: Left shoulder

Thing they love about earth: The environment. The Gem home world, as well as the colonizes worlds have long lost almost every bit of 'life' as it exists here on earth. As far as the eye can see on the home world is endless expanses of city, filled with structures that are little more than distractions for the masses or monuments of the glory of the gem empire and the diamond authorities power. The earth is still so...alive. Its not the paltry public gardens or the private little flower displays of the noble classes. There are forests and mountains and plains. Wild living places between the cities, some even actively protected by the humans civilization! She couldn't bear to see this planet crumble to dust or be carved out into unchanging crystal and stone.

Personality:  She enjoys being active and productive, it is rare to find Balas simply 'doing nothing' when she can be doing something useful or giving aid to another. She is often active in one way or anouther, be it simply walking around and enjoying the out doors or finding a random person or gem and helping them with what ever task they currently working on. She has a hands-on nature that make her seems to have a bit of an 'warrior of old' kind of persona. Often laughing and smiling, even in the heat of battle, and does not shy from combat.

But when the going gets rough and the danger truly significant, Balas's energetic smile will fade away and she will demonstrate a very focused, deadly serious nature. When lives are on the line and the threats to herself and those she holds dear are serious, she reveals a much more no-nonsense side of her that is likely what has kept her alive in the constant heat of combat that has been her life. She does not tolerate serious threats to her allies lightly and will be the last willing to leave a fight to ensure other have a full chance to retreat. She is often considered by those close to her to have a 'mother bear' sort of personality and it is easy to see why.

Bio: Balas is a very very old gem. Among the oldest remaining gladiators in the entire gem empire. She could count on one hand the number of gems who had been in her line of work and around as long as she before she went rogue, and she couldn't even say for certain if they are still around to this day.  She is old enough that she remembers a time she and her kind where the only sort of spinal there were, back when they were just called 'Balas Ruby's given the lack of a need for further classification. Later, as variations of her type came into being, they changed the classification to 'Spinals'. Now there are more types of spinal than you could shake a stick at, but Balas prefers the old name.

Almost from the first instances of her existence she was a gladiator, fighting other combat gems and other creatures for the entertainment of the masses and the glory of the ruling class. For her first several centuries of it she did not mind the work. She found exhilaration in combat and the roaring cheers of the crowd. Her first sponsors, though the most accurate term would be owner, was a kind gem...for a noble. She had seen to her needs and never made her do anything she didn't want to do. But that didn't last. She never learned the details but something happened to her owner and she had to be sold to a new one. She never had a owner as kind as the first. For millennia she switched hands from owner to cruel owner. As time passed and she survived battle after battle and was forced to destroy other gladiators for the blood-thirsty crowds she became what was known as a 'Legacy Gladiator'. Think of it as a celebrity-status without the actual power and freedom that comes with being a celebrity. It basically meant that she had been around for so long that it was hard to believe someone or something hadn't killed her in the battle arena, a gladiator who had survived many generations of their piers and had been around long enough to be traded from many different hands that she was something similar to a sports legend among the warrior classes and the gladiatorial fans.

But the only thing that title brought her was more heart ache and death. To keep her sharp and to 'raise moral' she was sent to battle fields to wage war between gladiatorial seasons. It was during one of these times out on the front lines that she took her chance to escape. She joined the rebellion. It had never been that she disliked fighting or thought there was never a time or place for killing. She just saw no reason to do it for sport or for an unworthy cause. What the rebels fought for, she found to be the most noble cause she could find. To wage war for a world that could not defend itself from the might of the gems on its own. For a future of  freedom, for a future of life, and for the potential of the young race known as humanity.

She became a solider and a combat-trainer among the rebels, as few gems alive could say they had quite as much combat experience as herself.

Winds Of Lust

Hope Balas is accaptable, if any changes are required please let me know.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Winds Of Lust on November 13, 2015, 02:58:58 PM
Hope Balas is accaptable, if any changes are required please let me know.

Been thinking on it.  I think it might be best if the shoulder armor was her only summonable weapon. Makes abit of sense considering shes a gladiator and the crowd might get bored of her using the same weapon.

You can say she picked up the axe on the ship. Or just on the battlefield. Shes accepted.

Otherwise I should have the thread up by Monday at the latest.

Winds Of Lust

Well, the ax is meant to just be a gem-made weapon like roses sword, stored/summoned by her gem like pearl stores random stuff in hers ( Police tape and Lapis's mirror are the two examples we've seen so far ) and was meant to be her personal weapon/gift given to her by her first owner and not necessarily used in the arena at a regular basis or at all.

Though...perhaps that could have been lost on earth somewhere at some point and finding it again could be a plot point hers <.< I like her having a physical bit of something from her first owner who she remembers so fondly despite the bitter truth that though she lived in a gilded cage she was still little more than a slave and possession.

but yeah if you think that is to much I can have her just have the shoulder armor.