X-Men:: Friends of Humanity (( Men Needed! ))

Started by Mnemosyne, August 24, 2011, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Between Miyu's character and Ramael's, your character will have a lot of "practice" mastering his emotions.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Miyu

of course I do agree that she has to have some weakness to it, she cannot do it over a long period of time just for a few minutes or maybe a few hours depends how much concentration she puts into it

kckolbe

Picture:
Nickname: Supersonic
Name: John Cassidy
Abilities: Ability to manipulate sound waves, increasing or decreasing the amplitude instaneously.  Travel along sound waves.
Birthplace: New York
Sexual Preference: Hetero
Appearance: John is 5'10" and in excellent shape, the result of a rather privileged bringing up.  He is quite lean, though he is starting to put a little muscle on his arms.
Assosiation: Brotherhood or in hiding.
Personality: John is a very pensive man, not at all prone to acting on impulse.  He has had a charmed life until recently, which he fears makes him weak.  He regrets having spent so much time doing nothing, thinking when he was younger that his father wanted him to have a normal life.  The realization that his father would still put that life second in times of trouble has only recently dawned on him.
Biography: John was born to Sean Cassidy (Banshee) not far from Xavier's mansion.  As Sean was attempting to lead a simple life at the time, John was largely separate from the events between mutants and humans, and John displayed no evidence of being a mutant.  It wasn't until the war began that John's powers became evident, putting him far behind the curve.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

CurvyKitten

nods that's a little more fair, I just like keeping the scales balanced you know. And hell I can see her calming down Runa's happy but more then once. LOL Maybe that is part of the reason she is with the brotherhood in the first place. Could not only feel her emotional pain but tried to help sooth it when you found her, and helped calm her when she lost her shit once or twice. Who knows....

Miyu

Ramael

Quote from: Sinesthesia on August 26, 2011, 06:10:33 PM
Could always shut him up. lul.
Big weakness. Can't talk, can't fight. Hmm?
At least that is my understanding of this power.

Is the obvious, glaring, weakness, of course. Seal his mouth, ruin his powers.

However, the weakness is SO glaring and obvious (although it would be horrible cheese for someone to work it out straightaway, once someone HAS worked it out, Hamlet would be at their mercy every time he faced that person. It would get boring quickly facing the same X-man that has the ability to freeze, glue, liquidise, silence, whatever, every time).

However I take onboard what EbonyQueen said. In such a case you'd have to be trusting me not to go "Would that you're as weak as a flower!" all the time. Of course I wouldn't, but you guys don't know that. Hence why I was suggesting restricting the oral powers to him and him alone, as opposed to other people. Still I guess you're faced with the possibility that Hamlet would say "I feel like I could walk on air this morning" in a situation, and there's nothing really stopping that.

Apart from trust. I'm more than happy for someone to be able to challenge my abilities OOC'ly and for the group to make a decision, I'm confident enough in my RP abilities and my lack of cheese-hunting for that. However I guess it may get tiresome constantly haggling over what one mutant can or can't do in the OOC chat, especially since we're looking to have upwards of 8 mutants so far.

Like has been mentioned before, I was pleased enough with my character concept that I had a nearly-unique mutant here, considering the backstory.

I'm happy to talk changes, I'd just hate to have to change the backstory.

Possible options - 1) You lovely people trust me and we leave Hamlet's powers open to be OOC'ly challenged whenever and by whoever.

- 2)We change his powers, but to remain true to character they'd have to be based around stagecraft. Brief brainstorming of this brings up...
Illusions (don't like)
Mystique-esque morphing (again don't like, too OP and direct copying of well-known canon)
Dramatis summoning. Off the top of my head, Hamlet has the ability to "shift" into a character from Shakespeare's vast array of works, depending on the situation. Maybe an excellent swordfighter like Macduff, who men have trouble defeating yet women would find easier to defeat (Macduff's myth is that Macbeth cannot kill him as McD was born via Cesarian section). Other character options could be the mischevious and meddling Puck, with a small array of his own powers. I'd have to come up with a small list, otherwise I'd be constantly poring over the Bard's near-endless array of works, also it would be too overpowered if I could be for example the fairy king Oberon.

This third power option is similar to another character in this RP's ability with multiple personality disorder. I'm happy to talk this third option over, if my original concept is too hard to swallow.

Thoughts?

BIG MASSIVE EDIT: 9 new replies in the time it took me to write this up. Wow guys! It sounds like you're coming over to my original character concept...?

Mnemosyne

I love puck...
this is my thought for now...
(( lul... not much thought really. ))

I've no problem with it Ramael.
I think it would be fun.
I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

Ramael

Is that you agreeing with option 1 or 2 Sin? :D

Mnemosyne

Quote from: Ramael on August 26, 2011, 06:52:26 PM
Is that you agreeing with option 1 or 2 Sin? :D

1. Though I personally like illusions...
(( I'm a big illusionist fangirl... shh... ))
All the same, I think one sounds lovely.
Mistreated

Mnemosyne

Also, nice very nice kckolbe. Is he half in brotherhood half in hiding then? Or are you simply undecided?
Mistreated

kckolbe

Undecided.  Since we had more interest in Brotherhood, I didn't know if there was still room.  And hiding would make sense, unfortunately.

Intro Thread

Mnemosyne

Quote from: kckolbe on August 26, 2011, 07:05:30 PM
Undecided.  Since we had more interest in Brotherhood, I didn't know if there was still room.  And hiding would make sense, unfortunately.

Hmmm shall he pop out from hiding when he finds out the news about the execution coming up or when Graydon Creed announces a newfound group of x-men? You can pop out whenever really. (( Just so long as it makes sense. ))
Mistreated

Ramael

Thanks, Sin. I'll go with the first choice then, my initial concept, and leave it open for anyone to challenge situationally if they feel I'm being too OP in any given situation.

That's my second thought, Kcol. Looking over the Character List, it seems we definately have more Brotherhood than anything else?

CurvyKitten

I can make another character to balance things out if you want. For now at least...up to you all. I really don't mind at all.

kckolbe

Quote from: CurvyKitten on August 26, 2011, 07:08:25 PM
I can make another character to balance things out if you want. For now at least...up to you all. I really don't mind at all.

Only if she's as hot as your first character.

Intro Thread

CurvyKitten

hehe Oh I can try...I have a few ideas that may work.

Mnemosyne

Right now we have 3 men, 5 women. So defo no more women. At least for now.
3 students, 3 brotherhood, 1 x(wo)man, 1 hiding.
So it's pretty even out actually. (( Except the gender imbalance.))

But if Ramael makes a man then we've 4 males 5 females.

And Ramael, I've no idea what OP means... lul... *Little Miss Clueless here.*
If kckolbe ends up in hiding though, it'll be fine with you being part of the brotherhood.

**Also, I don't want to have people playing more then one character if I can help it.
And by the looks of things I don't think we really need extras right now.
This is mostly because I get easily confused when people play more then one chara.
(( I get easily confused in general really... )) So if I can avoid ittttt I'd like to.
Mistreated

Ramael

Sorry, OP = overpowered. It was, as you can guess, a very well-used term on a Naruto board I used to play on.

I will, of course, be making a man, Hamlet, and given that the "teams" seem equal (from Sin's headcount there) he will go on to be in the Brotherhood.

We don't have any X-men, or FoH, though. Is this a problem? Were the Friends supposed to be NPC?

Mnemosyne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on August 26, 2011, 07:25:17 PM
Sorry was just trying to help...

No no no don't be sorry dove!!! *hugs* <3
I know you were trying to help. I by no means meant to seem harsh towards you.
Please forgive me if it may have seemed this way.

As for NPCing Ramael::

You may NPC Miss Loveless, the assistant to Mister Creed, as well as guards and humans
if you like. NPCing some mutants is fine as well as long as you're not writing for other characters
that actually are participating.

Mister Creed will be integrated now and again by me. For now FoH aren't my priority, but I will
accept humans in the future when the plot thickens. ~

Just don't anyone go making love to Miss Loveless... Mess with her all you want, but dunna be
fuckling her. *sniffles* Something about her makes me have to say that. (( Strange I know... ))

As far as X-men go though, we have Storm for now. ~
Mistreated

Ramael

Ah, just checking. I won't be doing any major NPCing for other factions, I'd rather get my character off the ground and established within the Brotherhood. Speaking of which, I have a character sheet coming up for you soon.

Let's hope we get some more X-men to hang out with Storm then I suppose...

kckolbe

If Curvy wants to play another character, and Miss Loveless needs a controller, I see an easy fix here.  Though if she's to remain celibate she may not wanna play her.

Intro Thread

CurvyKitten

Yeah waiting for someone to grab up play wolverine too...both Runa's mom and dad oh the eepness.

And I'll play what ever Npc you need hun just let me know the basics on them and what you need and I'll run what ever you need.

kckolbe

There will not be a Wolverine.  He is no more.

Intro Thread

Mnemosyne

Quote from: kckolbe on August 26, 2011, 07:35:34 PM
If Curvy wants to play another character, and Miss Loveless needs a controller, I see an easy fix here.  Though if she's to remain celibate she may not wanna play her.

Miss Loveless is a really really old lady but fit for her age.
she is likeeeee this::

I don't wants her violated... She's meant to be a sweet old strict ladyyy.
No touch her or I shall cry foreverrrrr. (( Now my childlike side is coming out... heh... ))

Wolverine is dead cause kckolbe killed himmmm *cough* or rather declared him dead due to
the time lapse.
Mistreated