Bible Black RP (System)

Started by godfang, October 15, 2013, 07:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godfang

Well i would have been much happier if everyone was just human students/teachers, since i did want this to be closer to the feel of bible black, but then everyone started making characters that doesn't have the feel of bible black and i don't have the heart to tell them they can't do it, so let's just say this is loosely based on bible black.

The police academy idea, however, is not a good fit. The elf also needs to look human or be able to hide her ears

Videospirit

Eh? We only really have 2 non human cast members so far, so I thought most of the cast was pretty appropriate. Although I guess mad science isn't really part of the original setting either. Remíssus Acer Tantibus is definitely appropriate for the setting though, I thought Amy was as well, but I tend to be biased against my own characters. Did Ruby drop out? I thought she'd put her character in the character thread, and was pretty appropriate as well.

Angie

Well, we have the potentially world destroying artifacts down, at least. I wrote myself so that I at least seemed human. The tentacle is...hidden.

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Videospirit

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 20, 2013, 06:43:50 PM
Well, we have the potentially world destroying artifacts down, at least. I wrote myself so that I at least seemed human. The tentacle is...hidden.

EDIT: I also know Jr. could oppose, but...he has to beat 4 successes on 3 dice. If I make some assumptions, I don;t think this is worth burnin' virtue on.

Cthuluspawn + Catgirl = 1 nonhuman(It's... It's not like I forgot about the catgirl cause she's not in the character thread or anything! ;p)

And than there's the googirl.

And virtue gets restored every night, so unless you're expecting all hell to break loose you can probably spare a point or two.

godfang

ok, not 'everyone', but there's still some characters who don't fit the traditional BB setting, which is darker and grittier, but that's ok, i can work with it.

Angie

Yeah, I edited that last part out because, well, I realized he may have something better to fight me with then just Influence.

Datawych

I had a random thought. Who, if anyone, was planning on having their characters already know about Venethrax? Or was everyone planning on being in the dark?

Laughing Hyena

Logically Remíssus would know. Heck it's even mentioned in his sheet. He is an occult mage of House Saturn even if he is keeping that mage part a secret. So in short he knows her because she's part of Saturns Harem.

Angie

I'm nothum, but my character hasn't been associating with others. Maybe we know each other, as fellow orphans, but we haven't really hung out or anything?

Videospirit

Alright, Amy is probably about done until classes are over unless Godfang wants something to happen at house obsidere or for the demon to try something. How far do you want me to move ahead time for her in my next post?

Also, the students headed for gym class can probably make posts noticing the gym teacher is a bit late for class now to give him a queue in for his next post ;p.

Amy will know nothing about Venethrax to start, although she's going to be rolling gossip every night so that may change(I'm not sure she'd investigate even if she did learn about her though, except as a possible connection to the "occult" elements of the school).

Have you looked over the goals of the characters so far Godfang? Are there any of Amy's that are too easy or otherwise inappropriate? Also, what are the school's rules for uniforms, worn all times while on campus, just during class hours, even when leaving schoolgrounds to visit the town? Finally, how much of the plot are we expected to drive ourselves?

Laughing Hyena

Anyway Muse hasn't responded in character to Remíssus so Im kind of stuck in limbo for gym but alright I'll move on ahead. Acutally in hindsight Ven could easily slip into the mens locker room through the showers to surprise Remíssus if she wanted.

Angie

I didn't really think of 'goals'. The way I figure advancement, if I do something sufficiently awesome that it seems like it would raise a point of something, I'll ask if it was good enough.

godfang

we're going to have some sandbox for abit, then when the characters are more fammiliar with each other, i'm going to  bring it together for the main plot. I am currently at work however, but i will be posting/checking charsheets when i get home

Angie

So I guess we're all just kinda waitin' on each other.

Videospirit

I know 2 characters are waiting on Kimiko Kusanagi to collide with Remíssus Acer Tantibus(This name is so hard to remember) and arrive at gym class

And none of you actually tried to convince the teacher of the um... "educational value" of going to Akihabara for your school trip, so you might be tied up in a knot there since another Chie post would just be her repeating herself, or perhaps "Well if you don't have any ideas yet, we can let you think about it and discuss it again tommorrow."

I can play by myself for a while if I want.

Angie

Odd, I distinctly remember making a point about how technology is the future, and it changes every day.

EDIT: I thought I did, I didn't. I may need to make a point of this to Chie.

Further edit: Maybe the three in Chie's classroom could skip to lunch? Maybe even involve the slime girl, somehow? Or a different teacher?

Laughing Hyena

Well said slimegirl has plenty of options at the moment but thats just up to us to wait and see.

Videospirit

That's right, the slime girl is on her own as well! Don't see how I could wrangle an encounter between Amy and her unless Amy went to the wrong dorm though.

And than there's a few characters who haven't been introduced at all.

Laughing Hyena

She resides in House Saturn due to her species dietary recommendation.

Videospirit

Yeah, I don't see that encounter scenario between Amy and Ven as being plausible myself.

Laughing Hyena

I'll be back soon after a short catnap. Later!

Laughing Hyena

But seriously don;t let that deter you people from posting. ^_^

godfang

Ok, here's a quick observation about the system and something i want you guys to comment on.

See, i'm a traditional DM (i normally dm conventional games like DnD, Fate: Accelerated, etc) and i noticed something different about Rapture Academy.Unlike traditional systems, it promotes everyone to be in different factions, having different goals and agendas, whereas a traditional game would have everyone together, walking towards the same goal (which i don't think plays to this system's strength). I believe, Rapture academy is a game where players are meant to govern their actions without alot of dm influence (a kind of sandbox game) which is what i was aiming for in this game, but perhaps that would sometimes get players abit lost, hence i see two ways we can do this.

1. Have players play the game as a sort of sandbox where i play as a player instead of a GM
2. We do a soft reboot and play it in a more traditional 'everyone gets together to achieve a goal' kind of thing.  This would, however, require some measures of railroading.

What do you guys think? I'm learning this game as we go along, so i apologize if i seem abit confused

Yukina

Videospirit

Quote from: godfang on October 21, 2013, 07:13:49 PM
Ok, here's a quick observation about the system and something i want you guys to comment on.

See, i'm a traditional DM (i normally dm conventional games like DnD, Fate: Accelerated, etc) and i noticed something different about Rapture Academy.Unlike traditional systems, it promotes everyone to be in different factions, having different goals and agendas, whereas a traditional game would have everyone together, walking towards the same goal (which i don't think plays to this system's strength). I believe, Rapture academy is a game where players are meant to govern their actions without alot of dm influence (a kind of sandbox game) which is what i was aiming for in this game, but perhaps that would sometimes get players abit lost, hence i see two ways we can do this.

1. Have players play the game as a sort of sandbox where i play as a player instead of a GM
2. We do a soft reboot and play it in a more traditional 'everyone gets together to achieve a goal' kind of thing.  This would, however, require some measures of railroading.

What do you guys think? I'm learning this game as we go along, so i apologize if i seem abit confused

Most of the games using the storyteller system of white wolf work pretty poorly if you approach them from a "Every pc is on the same team" mindset, but they still need a "storyteller" in order to function properly. It's actually a lot harder on the one running it, since he basically has to run a separate game for every single one of the players when they're off doing their own thing, and introduce plot elements to keep them involved with each other. These systems are VERY heavy on the roleplay too, so require a metric ton of supporting npcs to flesh out the world, give clues to the pcs, become their allies/playthings, and get them entangled in the plot. It's definitely not some easy to run Hack n Slash like D&D.

If we were to completely sandbox it, we'd need to give every player free liberty to control npcs and it would be really hard to keep a coherent plot going. On the other suggestion, forcing us to all work towards the same goals would require we made our characters with those goals in mind in the first place, or some life shattering crisis happens and we have no choice but to work together in order to survive/escape/regain something that was stolen/prevent blackmail from being released, and we'd probably completely lose the feel of the game you wanted to achieve.