Interest Check: Bioshock - Adventures in Rapture

Started by Harlequinade, November 13, 2012, 01:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlequinade

Hello everyone, I am interested in starting a group roleplay involving original characters stumbling into the underwater city of Rapture. If enough people (4 or more others besides myself) are interested, I think we could begin. Here are the bare bones of my plot idea:

A yacht full of rich friends celebrating their college graduation gets caught in a storm and subsequently pulled out to sea, where the yacht sinks. They are forced to swim to a nearby island they see in the distance. The island is incredibly small, there isn't even enough room for all of them to stand on it around the large lighthouse in the center of it (Click here for a picture). They adventure inside, travelling down through the bathysphere and are taken to the underground city of Rapture, which is full of splicers and other monstrosities lurking within it's walls. Before they can escape back through the bathysphere, it loses power and they must venture forth if they ever want to leave... if they even can.

At this point, this is just an interest check. We can design everything together if there is enough interest.

Thank you for reading my idea.
What I Like
What I Want

Currently NOT available for new stories.
Unless of course you have already PM'ed me and we are working something out.

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Koekje

You can count me in, I love the Bioshock games. It's an insanely wonderful world to play with, as a GM :)
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Sel Nar

Ooh! Ooh! Can I be a Big Daddy? :P

In all seriousness, I love the bioshock setting, and the 'world' of Rapture, so consider me somewhat interested; due to me schedule being up in the air, though, I may not have time to commit, so chalk me up in the 'maybe' column, okay?

ShadowFox89

I would be interested in this as well. Free-form or system? Characters having some special connection to Rapture or are they complete outsiders?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Harlequinade

I think it would be best as a free-form RP, and perhaps so. I thought about that, I thought about asking if someone would like to be a descendant of one of the characters from Rapture: Fontaine, Ryan and Tenenbaum come to mind: or even an artist who is a descendant of Sander Cohen (I might even be up for that character, myself.)

I am so excited for this, I hope more are interested. :D
What I Like
What I Want

TheHangedOne

I'm interested. Might play the descendant/relative of Sander Cohen.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

I think a child of one of the Little Sisters might be interesting....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Harlequinade

@HangedMan: Awesome, I am glad you liked the idea!

@ShadowFox: I agree, that would be pretty interesting. Would that be something you'd be interested in playing yourself? :D
What I Like
What I Want

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Harlequinade

I'm thinking about playing the daughter of Jack, which would make me Andrew Ryan's granddaughter. My character wouldn't know, but it would be so fascinating to see, I think. Would anyone have a problem with that?

Also, I'm hoping for at least one or two more people before we start. If you marked yourself as interested, I will send out a PM to find out of you're still interested, and we can go from there. :D
What I Like
What I Want

TheHangedOne

I'm cool with that.

Idea: What if we're all descendants or kin to characters from the game?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A