Interest check: Yu-gi-oh Academy rp

Started by Silk, September 14, 2012, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

well i imagine we will all be using real decks that we actually own in real life right? sometimes you just don't draw the right cards and a duel could last for ages with no clear winner

ZameRagues

True, with a 20 turn cap, it will keep the duel from just dragging on should that happen.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Silk

Well there was a method used before that wasn't too bad, was using the dice bot, each number corrisponding to a card in your deck, the number you roll is the card you draw, if its come up already you roll again.

azzmeister89

hmmm interesting, so there are two dice in the dice bot, i'm yet to learn how it works so you'll need to forgive me

Gensokian

I hope I'm not too late to pipe up and join in, but now that I have more free time than I've had lately and have been itching to do some of this, I think I'm interested in this. Perhaps I could be like a villain at first, with your permission. One thing I will ask, though, is if you'd allow custom cards to be brought in, with some evaluation beforehand.

Silk

I might allow custom cards for "Villain" roles. but if you were to become a good guy later you would have to lose the card's.

azzmeister89

If thats the case then i may have an idea for a plot involving my character later

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Gensokian

Quote from: Silk on September 19, 2012, 05:14:17 AM
I might allow custom cards for "Villain" roles. but if you were to become a good guy later you would have to lose the card's.

Sounds alright with me. Should I send you a list of them so you can evaluate whether or not they're too strong, or should I wait until this game officially takes off?

Silk

Still working on little bits, first time I'm really GMing so please be patient :)

Gensokian

That's perfectly alright, no pressure to rush. I know I have all the time in the world to wait. ^^

ZameRagues

For those willing to do the 2 duel rating, we could start while we wait for Silk to finish up her bits, sound good?
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Gensokian

I would, but I'm not sure I can for three reasons: I'd want to wait for Silk's decision on that; since I'm going to be a villain, I'm not sure I'd qualify for needing that; and since my character -might- use custom cards, I want to make sure Silk is okay with it.

ZameRagues

That's why I'm asking, just trying to keep a little activity goin till Silk is done.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Gensokian

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, actually; gets people hyped up and prevents them from getting bored. I just don't want any of us getting in trouble or ruining plans first. ^^;

ZameRagues

I've had thoughts about tossing in a "Villain deck", wouldn't be hard for me either. The core cards of my deck are very specific counter-parts to the originals, might be interesting if I make up a deck with them.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Gensokian

Well, the cards I have in mind may not seem very "villainish," but they can be suited to a villain that's supposed to be hard to overcome at first. If this game allowed for the Xyz, though, I do have a set of cards I made that could me like what the Meklords were to synchro monsters in the anime. Very anti-Xyz and very persistent in their duty.

ZameRagues

Sounds interesting.

Original / Counterpart

My villain idea would be based around the original, my actual deck appears more evil though.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Gensokian

Ah, I see, I see. Well, my cards are custom; well, with the one I have in mind, they're named and based off of video game characters, but the effects are original. I dunno if it's suited for a villain, but it's what I got.

Silk

Any additional input from the playerbase is always welcome as it helps me get things off the table and actually in motion. GMing is harder than I thought xD

DigitLninja

So what have you decided on for LP/turn limit Silk?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

azzmeister89

i would recomend no turn limit but only 4000 life points to start

Silk

I'm thinking of leaving the conditions to the players of the duel Were all adults we can agree to the rule we want to play by :)

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Gensokian

I'd honestly prefer a traditional 8000 LP duel, myself, but if everyone else wants it, I can swing a 4000 LP duel. I can just see things going almost a little too fast if there's too little LP, though.