Interest check: Yu-gi-oh Academy rp

Started by Silk, September 14, 2012, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

But a villain gently teasing my char until he breaks her down would be nice...  >:)
This can be still considered as NC, right?

Damn, I think I need to make a O/O thread asap! ;P

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Gensokian

Well, I don't know much about that, but it seems like that's two votes for NC human. Any others going to toss in their votes? It'll probably start off tomorrow afternoon, if everything is alright on either Silk's or my end. I know I just had major computer problems, so I have to use a backup at this point.

Latooni Subota

NC Human is fine. Leaves the door open for those that want a little force to have some.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ShadowFox89

I'm interested if there's still room. Never really got to put Rune to use....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gensokian

Yeah, I think we have room for one more. Also, since the vote seems to be that NC human works out, I'll be making the thread soon. The people that want to duel first, go ahead and either say so in here, or PM me so that I know who to mention.

EDIT: Alright, the main thread has been made; when I get back, I'll make the OOC (unless Silk wants to do it), and I'll have the first two duels start. I shouldn't be more than just a few hours, so hang tight, people; for now, just make your character introductions in the thread and just have them kinda mosey on into the main auditorium, and socialize a bit if you so desire.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=153091.0

Latooni Subota

We should probably have a Character Thread as well, so we don't clutter up the OOC with our sheets/have to reference the interest check thread.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Annie

Just to let you know, I usually put a header on my posts. I think it makes easier to follow up characters and it's funny to put some reactions in the avatars. Hope there's no problem. ;)

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Gensokian

The header shouldn't really be a problem, and in a game like this, might be necessary to keep everyone's locations in check.

But, here's the character sheet thread; just copy/paste all your character's info into your post. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=153116.0

And here's the OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=153117.0

ZameRagues

I have a buddy who would be willing to play a teacher, he'd have a deck but won't duel except for rare occasions or if the situation asks.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Gensokian

Alright, well, if he wants in, he can come in here and plead his case, and I'll consider it.

ShadowFox89

What are you looking for as far as a character sheet? Do you need a full deck?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gensokian

Yup, full deck, with numbers for each of them for a dice bot. If you look under the spoilers for the decks of character sheets already made, you'll see the format.

ShadowFox89

I'm going to use a slightly altered character from a previous game... Though, dunno if I wanna go with Rune or make his sister, Sigil.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Rune (same name online and offline)
Personality: Rune has a laid back, go with the flow personality. It is hard to get her angry or upset, she just shrugs off most things. Because of this generally carefree attitude, she hasn't done well in dueling, playing mostly as an amateur. When she does get serious, it usually doesn't last long.
Backstory: Rune is an only child, her father a Sector Security chief and her mother the head of R&D for a company that makes dueling devices. She didn't have many friends growing up, spending most of her time in study or learning something. Rune spent a good deal of time learning to duel, playing more for the fun than for the glory. Her mother being the head of R&D, Rune got to see experimental stuff before it hit market, and would often experiment with building her own duel disk, such as the one she currently uses. Before coming to Duel Academy, Rune studied to become a member of Sector Security.
Ons:
Offs: Bodily waste, injury
In Character Kinks:
Appearance: Rune is tall, with a slim build and small chest, her hair a wild green. Her hawklike eyes are dark red, with a tattoo over the left of her face in a stylized Nordic rune. Rune wears a Ra yellow jacket, underneath that is a red t-shirt. She wears a pair of blue jeans held up by a brown belt, her deck hanging off to the side and out of the way. On her left arm, Rune wears her silver and blue duel disk.

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gensokian

Alright, it seems alright, just be sure that Utopia gets taken out of the Extra; we aren't using Xyz unless Silk gives you special permission.

ShadowFox89

Like I said, it was for a different game. And I'm still not sure on which gender I wanna use :P

What's the gender balance right now?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gensokian

Eh, I think it's more men than women at this point, so if you want to be a woman for that balance, go right ahead.

AidenWhite

Is there room for a fellow Russian? If so I'll have something up in a few hours
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Laughing Hyena

Could be a transfer student from the other academy in the artic.

Gensokian

Yeah, we could probably squeeze you in, Aiden. Just realized that we're one short of people who need to do ranking duels, so if you have a character/deck in mind, we could use ya.

ShadowFox89

Alright, character edit'd for female gender and I took out the XYZ monster. Never used the deck before....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gensokian

Well, alright, then, go ahead and put it in the character thread, or if you're not sure, go ahead and PM it to me.

AidenWhite

Here you go. Open to any and all suggestions

Name: Mikhail Nikolaevich Dostoevsky

Sex: Male

Sexual preference: Straight

Appearance

History: Born and raised in Russia, Mikhail was tutored by his father, Nikolai, who was a world championship duelist known and loved by many. Nikolai knew his time was coming to an end since he had a chronic heart disease, so in order to slow it down and teach his son how to wield a deck and a duel disk properly, they moved to cabin in cold Siberia. A harsh environment and a rigorous training schedule made Mikhail at age eight already one of the worlds top-class duelists. Mikhail entered a tournament at age 10 and won without struggle. Two years later, Nikolai died and Mikhail was left alone in an orphanage. Mikhail has a strong affinity towards wanting to continue on the Dostoevsky legacy of ultimate-top class dueling. Not much else is known about Mikhail since most of his developmental years he had spent in Siberia or in a secluded place in Russia. As soon as he hit 17, he left the orphanage to attend the Duel Academy and become the top of the top.

Siberian Fury

1. Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier
2. Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier
3. Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier
4. Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier
5. Defender of the Ice Barrier
6. Defender of the Ice Barrier
7. Dewdark of the Ice Barrier
8. Dewdark of the Ice Barrier
9. General Gantala of the Ice Barrier
10. General Grunard of the Ice Barrier
11. General Raiho of the Ice Barrier
12. Geomancer of the Ice Barrier
13. Geomancer of the Ice Barrier
14. Medium of the Ice Barrier
15. Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier
16. Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier
17. Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier
18. Prior of the Ice Barrier
19. Prior of the Ice Barrier
20. Prior of the Ice Barrier
21. Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier
22. Sacred Spirit of the Ice Barrier
23. Sacred Spirit of the Ice Barrier
24. Samurai of the Ice Barrier
25. Secret Guards of the Ice Barrier
26. Spellbreaker of the Ice Barrier
27. Strategist of the Ice Barrier
28. Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier
29. Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier
30. Medallion of the Ice Barrier
31. Medallion of the Ice Barrier
32. Salvage
33. Trade-In
34. Book of Moon
35. Seven Tools of the Bandit
36. Seven Tools of the Bandit
37. Royal Decree
38. Royal Decree
39. Mirror Force
40. Bottomless Trap Hole

Extra Deck
2x Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
2x Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Gensokian

Ah, geez, Ice Barriers...well, fits a Russian theme, I suppose. Either way, go ahead and put that into the character sheet thread, and I'll figure out what to do with Mikhail later. It won't be too long a wait, hopefully, but it depends one what everyone else is doing.

Rex Pacis

I bookmarked the other threads but didnt know where to post this....dont technically have a character to be out of lol.

I am still up for this if you'll have me just been pretty busy lately. As for the ranking duel my character was gonna practically be a noob at this game to start so i figured he would be a red no matter what. Still have not had a chance to flesh out his details but if you desperately need someone for the rankings ill try and hustle up.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Gensokian

Well, I'm not certain how desperate we are for the ranking duels anymore, but I'm sure one more on board couldn't hurt. Just kinda wish more women would show up, though; we only have three. :/