A DC/ Marvel Universe Of Our Own (Freeform,Sandbox, Everyone welcome)

Started by Norsegod1839, July 10, 2018, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

DC

Marvel

At its most basic I would like to bring together a group of writers and do our own version of a DC or Marvel world. By our own version I mean creating versions of the hero's in the comics and having them come together to form the Avengers or the Justice League. I am looking for a good mix of iconic characters and new ones. Our perspective worlds would have never seen a team like the Avengers of the Justice League.

Any and all Marvel and DC characters are open (we could even tentatively do a universe that combines both if you want.

What or who would we be facing? Well if we get the Marvel One going it will be....

And if we go DC

Again i'm not against merging the two universes or even doing both!

FAQ

1. What type of game is this?

A freeform sandbox game set in the DC or Marvel universe

2. Can I create an original character?

NOTE: At this time I am looking for canon characters because we have so many OC's

3. Will there be time for romance?

Yes! The Avengers and or Justice League will get our versions of avengers tower and the Watchtower

4. Do I need to have a massive amount of comic book knowledge

No you don't! This is going to be our own universe with our own version of the characters

5. Can my characters explore their sexuality?

Yes! This game is entirely open to any and all sexuality and genders

Game Concept

A group of hero's who have previously fought alone band together to fight a big threat for the very first time. After the threat is taken care of the hero's form a team of their own to combat threats that they can't handle alone.

Game Rules

1. No god modding

2. Open to communication (Especially for fight scenes)

3. Here to have fun

4. All characters must be eighteen years of age or older

So if interested drop me a line! In it tell me which universe you want to go with or if you want to combine them!

[float=left][img width=400]http://IMAGE ADDRESS GOES HERE[/img][/float] 
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b] (Your Super Hero Name)
[b]Profession:[/b](what you do outside of crime fighting)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b] (Might be what a villain calls you like "web head" for spidey)
[b]Signature Skill:[/b] (Skill and not power)
[b]Power:[/b] (If you don't have one just put N/A)
[b]Weaponry/Gadgets:[/b] (If you don't have any put N/A)
[b]Costume:[/b] (A picture works fine)
[b]Bio:[/b] A short bio of your character

Recruitment Needs

The following canon characters have been already recruited

1. Batman

2. Wonder Woman

3. Icon

4. Twister

5. Black Widow

There are still MANY canon marvel and dc characters up for grabs.

TheVillain

I intend to make a full app later, just staking interest.

The basic idea is that I’ll be throwing in an updated version of the Texas Twister.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Haybuck

Just to note, I much prefer Marvel. <3

Alias: Minuteman
Profession: Data Science Master's Student
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 171 lbs
Sexuality: Pansexual
Nickname: Tryhard, Americano
Signature Skill: Parkour
Power: Supernatural Reaction Time, 1 Second Futuresight
Weaponry/Gadgets: M1 Garand w/ Bayonet, Two Colt 1911 Double Action Pistols(If you don't have any put N/A)
Costume:  See Picture
Bio: This will be filled out when I have time to do so. Just wanted to get the rest down now. A short bio of your character

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on July 12, 2018, 05:54:32 PM
I intend to make a full app later, just staking interest.

The basic idea is that I’ll be throwing in an updated version of the Texas Twister.

Which were you voting for Dc or Marvel?

Elven Sex Goddess

Face Claim: Vanessa Hudgens

Alias: Wild Billie Hickok

Profession:  Skip tracer (bounty hunter)

Height:  5'9"

Weight:  136 lbs

Sexuality:  Straight

Nickname: Legs

Signature Skill: (Skill and not power)
Power: Hand eye coordination at or better then a elite Olympic level athlete.

Weaponry/Gadgets: Navy colt 45 revolver, mystical in nature never runs out of bullets.

Costume:
Bio: Jane is descendant from Wild Bill Hickok.   Thus the reason she has taken the name of Wild Billie Hickok as her super heroine alias. 

Jane is a mutant with high degree of hand eye coordination that belies logic and commonsense that makes her a great shot with her six shooter. In addition she is able to heal at five times the rate of a normal individual because of her mutant genes.

While attending the university of Illinois.   Jane was recruited into the Secret Service.   Upon graduation she attended the Secret Service boot camp and trained to be a secret service agent.

In her training she achieved marksmen in weapons training.    Trained in tactics,  hand to hand combat and how to deal with hostile perpetrators with the agency.   In addition a investigative skill is developed with the time.   

For three and half years she served in the secret service.   When she due to the climate with mutants decided to leave the secret service and go out on her own.   As she would enter into the world of skip tracing, modern day bounty hunter. 

Within six months she realized most of the skip tracers were enhanced individuals.    Which to pull them in she have to exhibit her mutant abilities more openly.  To hide the fact she is a mutant as Jane that is when she came up with using her famous ancestor name as a super heroine alias.  Of course so far she has technically been a vigilante.   

The one draw back with her gun was it is a mere six shooter.   While on a mission that cross paths with Doctor Strange,  he was so impressed and liked the way Jane handled herself that he gifted her with the magical navy colt revolver.

Character goals: Romance,  action,  intrigue and good plots. 

Her hand and eye coordination level is not just makes her viable with her gun skill but in handling vehicles such as cars, motorcycles and such that do rely on hand and eye coordination.

My Vote:  A morphed DC/Marvel Universe.         

Norsegod1839

Make sure to post which one your going for Marvel DC or both combined.

TheVillain

I can go in any direction but  it’s only fair to point out that the Texas Twister is a marvel character.  So merged?
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Norsegod1839

TheVillain

Norsegod1839

Ah just saw that

So leaning more towards morphed at this point!

TheVillain

Alias: Twister

Profession: Drew is a former ranch hand but is currently unemployed and just trying to survive.

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 185 lbs

Sexuality: Straight

Nickname: "Who the Fuck is That?"

Signature Skill: Drew is an experienced ranch hand, so he's got a collection of minor skills like using a gun, using a lasso, horse-riding, and things like that.

Power: As a result of the accident that's given him his powers, Twister has mysteriously gained a psychokinetic ability to accelerate air molecules. He's called Twister because this ability expresses itself most dramatically as an ability to generate and control Tornados. At least on paper. In practice, making a Twister is easy for him but controlling them isn't so easy.

Twister's body seems to have also been altered to survive the rigors of riding inside and/or getting thrown around by Tornados. It's nowhere near Superman or Thor level invulnerability but he's a lot tougher then a normal person.

Weaponry/Gadgets: A Lasso comes in surprisingly handy if you know how to use it.

Costume: He's too new for a proper costume. That might change.

Bio: Drew Daniels was born in Amarillo, Texas. His father worked the Winged V ranch, so did his father and his father before him. Unfortunately, the world has changed and the economy just doesn't work like that anymore. He was laid off not long ago, and there isn't a whole lot else he knows how to do. Drifting and taking odd jobs to survive, and that's what put him in Pine Creek when the Green Twister hit.

You don't find New Pine Creek on maps anymore, and while nobody knows exactly what happened that day they know that a Tornado hit what they were told was a prototype for what was going to be a nuclear reactor. Supposedly there wasn't even anything radioactive in it but clearly someone lied. 14 people died during the Green Twister, Drew thought he had too when he woke up miles away.

And when he woke up, from a clear blue sky, a Tornado touched down closeby and seemed to be chasing him. He ran as fast as he could and as far as he could until the Twister picked up up and threw him again. It took him a few tries to figure out what was going on and we're all just lucky he didn't get into big towns before it happened but he figured it out. On paper at least, Drew can now work the Wind - including Summoning and Controlling Tornadoes. He can even ride them like Broncs if he gets the timing and the angle right. At least, that's how the power on paper. He's noticed that when he's feeling a strong emotion sometimes the Twisters will touch down anyway...

Now he's on the run, trying to keep calm and keep moving to outrun the storms on the inside and the hunters on the outside. But that's the problem, Drew's a good man on the inside, and out in the world there are so many bad.

Barracade

Alias: Dark Claw
Profession: Billionaire Playboy YouTuber
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 350 lbs
Sexuality: Bi, female preference
Nicknames:
The Taloned Avenger
The Clawed Crusader
Patch Malone
Logan Wayne
"Oh shit!"
"What the fuck!?"
"Oh, God, Why me!???"

Signature Skill
Dark Claw is physically at the peak of human ability in dozens of areas, notably martial arts, acrobatics, and escape artistry. Intellectually, he is just as peerless; Dark Claw is one of the world's greatest scientists, criminologists, and tacticians, as well as a master of disguise, often gathering information under the identity of Patch Malone. Dark Claw often uses cunning and planning to outwit his opponents.
Power
Dark Claw is a mutant with a number of both natural and artificial improvements to his physiology. His primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process widely known as a "healing factor" that regenerates damaged or destroyed areas of his body far beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human and renders him immune to most toxins and diseases.

He can regenerate organs such as eyes and large portions of his body. For example, he can regenerate all of his soft body tissue after having it incinerated from his skeleton within a matter of minutes.

Dark Claw's healing factor affords him increased physical attributes such as superhuman levels of stamina as well as superhuman agility and reflexes.

Dark Claw also possesses super human senses of sight, smell, and hearing. He can see with perfect clarity at greater distances than an ordinary human, even in near-total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to both hear sounds ordinary humans can't, and also hear to greater distances. Dark Claw is able to use his sense of smell to track targets by scent, even if the scent has been eroded somewhat over time by natural factors.

Dark Claw's entire skeleton, including his claws, is infused with adamantium at a molecular level, rendering it practically indestructible. Due to the adamantium coating, the claws can cut almost any known solid material. The only known exception is adamantium itself. Dark Claw's ability to slice completely through a substance depends upon both the amount of force he can exert and the thickness of the substance. The adamantium also weights his blows, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of his punches and kicks.

Dark Claw's healing factor allows him to push his muscles beyond the limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. This is augmented by the constant demand placed on his muscles by over one hundred pounds of adamantium, which also removes skeletal structural limitations. As a result, he can lift or move weight that would damage a human skeleton.

Dark Claw utilizes a large arsenal of specialized gadgets in his war against crime. He has a utility belt and claw-arangs. He has a claw-computer, claw-scanner and a claw-radar.
Weaponry/Gadgets
The gauntlets have sharp blades on their sides as well as the ability to heat or electrify his knuckles and claws
Costume Dark Claw's costume is a mixture of traditional Wolverine’s yellow and blue and Batman’s traditional dark scallop hemmed cape version. The cowl on this costume takes its shape from Wolverine, but incorporates the fangs and bone structure of a bat's face, along with its wings going up the cowl.
Bio
When Chris Wayne was only five he was adopted into the Wayne family shortly before his new parents's murder at the hands of a guy in a trench coat. Chris was then sent to live with his uncle in Alberta, Canada. His uncle was a Royal Canadian mounted policeman, but a short time after Logan arrived in Canada his uncle was murdered by a guy in a trench coat. Logan was then sent to a home ran by nuns, this would be his home until he was eighteen and the nuns were murdered by a guy in a trench coat. When he left the home, he traveled the world, learning a multitude of martial arts from various grandmasters.

Each of these teachers were murdered by the same trench coat wearing dude, filling Chris with more drive to war on crime. Eventually, he came back to America where he was promptly kidnapped by the trench coat man and subjected to the Weapon X super soldier program to make his bones shiny.

Chris soon broke out and escaped towards his hometown where he now wages war against crime mainly by night and sometimes by afternoon.

(P.S. I made this one pretty whimsical, but rest assured this is not a joke post. I fully intend to play this character.)

(P.P.S. As you can tell, I'm definitely in favor of the merged universe!)
"They say it don't be like it is, but it do."
-Science Man
[/size]

Gannameade

Putting my hat in for Icon.

He came from an altered universe so Merged is fine with me.

Norsegod1839

Welcome aboard Ganna.

Okay! So since we have a bunch of OC's now I updated out recruitment needs to showcase that I am looking for canon characters now.

If you have an OC and wish to play a canon let me know! But I do want to get more of the canon characters from these universes in.

Haybuck

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 13, 2018, 10:05:49 AM
Welcome aboard Ganna.

Okay! So since we have a bunch of OC's now I updated out recruitment needs to showcase that I am looking for canon characters now.

If you have an OC and wish to play a canon let me know! But I do want to get more of the canon characters from these universes in.

I could just straight up play Black Widow. My character's very heavily based on her anyways.

TheVillain

And believe it or not, Twister is a completely canon character. [If with a couple tweeks.]

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Haybuck on July 13, 2018, 11:44:19 AM
I could just straight up play Black Widow. My character's very heavily based on her anyways.

If you want Haybuck that's fine!

Norsegod1839

I know Villian! Lol I did have to look him up though! Egg on my face.

Norsegod1839

TheVillain

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 13, 2018, 11:50:36 AM
I know Villian! Lol I did have to look him up though! Egg on my face.

That's kind of by design, no worries. I think except for a few civil war panels they haven't really used him since the 70's.

Norsegod1839

They have not!

Thank god for Wiki though!

I'll probably be going with Spider-man.

Gannameade

Yeah I kinda liked TT myself.

I wasn't sure what time frame we were working with, but I will still with my first pick.  But there were a few other southwestern heroes available.

Norsegod1839

Icon is a great choice Ganna!

Honestly I like the original characters to... I just want to make sure we have a good mixture.

Barracade

-Science Man
[/size]

Haybuck

By the way, since I'm playing BW, I wouldn't mind my original character idea appearing somewhere in universe too as an NPC of sorts.

Norsegod1839

I'll keep that in mind Haybuck!

As for your question about when its going to start Barracade! I'm going to wait until we get some more canon characters.

Barracade

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 13, 2018, 01:58:50 PM
I'll keep that in mind Haybuck!

As for your question about when its going to start Barracade! I'm going to wait until we get some more canon characters.

Why not make this an alternate universe/timeline like Flashpoint or Amalgam where the canon characters don't exist or exist differently than they normally are? That way there can be canon characters, but there's no need for them.
-Science Man
[/size]

Norsegod1839

It is that.

They exist differently or can have a different origin story from the Earth 616 counter part or even anything seen in the comics.

That being said I still would like to get some canon characters in.

Norsegod1839

Besides Ganna hasn't created Icon yet and Haybuck needs to put in her Black Widow character sheet.

As well as me throwing up Spider-man.

Barracade

If we can have multiple characters, dibs on Superman and Superior Spiderman.
-Science Man
[/size]

Norsegod1839

If you want to do Superior Spider man that might be cool! I'm doing Spider Man and maybe we could change the origin a bit?

Barracade

-Science Man
[/size]

Norsegod1839

If you want it could also be a case of Otto recreating the spider experiment using his mechanical arms in order to gain an edge on his long time foe.

So now he has the arms and spider abilities nad dubs himself the superior spiderman to Peter?

Gannameade

Icon

The Basics
Legal Name: Augustus Freeman IV / Real Name: Arnus Feema
Nationality: Terminia, US Citizen – Altanta, GA

Physical Description
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 250 lbs. (114 kg)
Face Claim: Michael Jai White
Physical Features: Augustus is a physically fit rather handsome black man.  He can be charming when he is not grilling you out of your money.  He generally wears suits and ties.  He is in pretty good shape.  He wears glasses to make his eyes appear solid brown even though they are brown/green.  He hasn’t decided on going bald yet, but he did back in his past and he liked the look as well. 
General Appearance:   Dark skinned male muscular but he covers it mostly as he is a lawyer, but wears well made tailored suits.  He is relaxed in pants and polo shirts.  Rarely in sweats if ever.   He wears glasses to try to hide his face.  He slouches to not appear as tall as Icon.   In his mask his eyes appear white; naturally they are brown-green.

Icon wears a costume composed of alien materials that grant him further protection from projectile weaponry, energy beams, and intense heat or cold. On his command, the Info Tool aboard his starship uses its Maker to construct Icon's costume over his civilian clothing. When no longer needed, the costume is disassembled, converted back to energy, and stored in the structural files of his ship's Info Tool.
Personality and History
Personality
Icon is portrayed as a very intelligent, somewhat stiff kind of person. Due to his upper-class job as a corporate lawyer and "proper" way of speaking, he is often criticized as being a "sell out" or "white washed". Icon usually prefers to do everything by the book instead of acting on instinct.  He has worked hard to make things more equal for all.  He is far from desiring to participate in separation of people and cultures, he had experienced enough of that during slavery.  Now he wasn’t to make a change and make things better for all people.

Biography
Summary:
Before Earth
Born Arnus on Terminia, he eventually joined the galactic council known as the “Cooperative”, where he was essentially a lawyer. After adjudicating a very disagreeable situation, involving the criminal Oblivion he took a vacation. On the interstellar pleasure cruise line however, the ship came under attack, and he was forced to crash land his already damaged pod on the nearest planet, Earth.
Slavery
Arnus crash landed on earth in 1839 on a cotton plantation. His life pod recreated his body by duplicating the DNA of the nearest life form, a slave woman. As a human infant he learned the local language and the caste system of slavery based on skin tone. He grew to love his earth mother Miriam. Arnus later discovered he had superhuman powers and immortality. He used his powers secretly to lighten the load of his fellow slaves and aiding a resistance movement dedicated to freeing slaves known as the “underground railroad”. Here he bid his time in hopes that Earth’s technology would catch up to his own allowing his ship to be repaired. By the time he was fifteen. Slavery was abolished and he took the last name “Freeman”, he also fought in the Civil war against Slavery.
Due to his mutated Terminan body, he has virtual immortality, which he has managed to keep from the public by assuming the identity of his “son” throughout the years. Following the War, he attended “Fist University” where he studied law and “passed the bar’ in several states, thus able to support him. This allowed him to retrieve his pod.
Harlem Renaissance
During a time of great artistic renewal known as the Harlem renaissance, he met and fell in love with Estelle Jackson, and they later married. After the disappointment by the era’s unfulfilled promise they left the country, living as expatriates in France. During World War II he fought with the allies against Nazi Germany in hopes that the united front against racial segregation would lead to more racial unity in the Americas. After the War, he and his wife returned to America. Racism reappeared even more fervently than before, though in 1964 under Martin Luther King blacks gained “legal parity’ with their white brethren.
With his wife’s encouragement he increased his heroics though he never went public, this lead to rumors of a “mystery man”. During this time, they also realized their genetic incompatibility prevented them from having children. In 1977 his wife died of Cancer; This left him even more emotionally distant than before as he now lived only to return home. He blamed himself for her death since he knew his pod could have saved her if he had known how to fix it in time. He moved to Dakota, away from Harlem to escape the memories and pain of his wife’s passing.
In the present, Arnus is still with us. He did not age visibly beyond adulthood; to disguise this fact, he periodically assumed the identity of his own son.  By the late 20th century, he was posing as Augustus Freeman IV, the great-grandson of his original human identity. Still marooned, Augustus waits for Earth's technology to catch up to his lifepod's.  Secretly possessing superpowers that believes his human appearance, he has always performed quiet acts of charity.   Now he is seeking to more publicly defend the weak, bring hope to all people and make a change from inside the system, even the superheroic one.

Superpowers & Equipment
Power Name:
  • Terminan Physiology: After having his DNA altered by his life-pod, all Icon's powers and abilities were maximized, making him very similar in power to a Kryptonian under a yellow sun.   Icon's lifepod altered his DNA so he would resemble a normal human being, thus enabling him to blend among Earth's natives.[1]A side effect of this process was the maximization of his now human/alien genetic structure. Thus, Icon possesses a variety of superhuman abilities that are unusual even for a Terminan

• Positron Energy Absorption: As a Terminan, his cells function like a super battery, hyper-metabolizing positron energy as fuel to enable living functions and all of  superhuman abilities. Different effects on Icon's physiology and well-being, but his cells constantly absorbs positron energy.   His body expends absorbed positron energy and he is capable of utilizing any of them.
    • Superhuman Strength: The exact limits of Icon's strength is unknown. Different periods and intensities of exposure to Earth's positronic radiation can cause his strength to fluctuate over time.
    • Superhuman Speed: He is capable of moving, reacting, running and flying at superhuman speeds. While not as fast as the Superman, Icon can still fly at speeds faster than light. He can use this power to disarm opponents, catch bullets or shrapnel and cross vast distances in seconds. This also confers:
      • Superhuman Agility Icon can move from place to place in the blink of an eye. His agility, balance, and bodily coordination are far beyond the natural physical limits and capabilities of the finest human specimen.
      • Superhuman Reflexes  Icon possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speed.
      • Superhuman Stamina: Arnus is shown to have unlimited stamina. Icon's body also generates fatigue poisons at an incredibly slow rate, granting him superhuman stamina in all physical activities.
    • Flight: Icon flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. His top speed has not yet been determine. Icon is capable of flying at supersonic speeds in a planetary atmosphere and at faster-than-light speeds while in space.
    • Positron Manipulation: Icon can create, shape and manipulate Positrons. Positrons are the antiparticle or the antimatter counterpart of electrons. The subatomic particles have the same mass as an electron and a numerically equal but positive charge. When a low-energy positron collides with a low-energy electron, annihilation occurs, resulting in the production of two or more gamma ray photons. Positrons are involved in many of the physical phenomena that involve electrons such as electricity, magnetism, and thermal conductivity. Positrons also participate in gravitational, positronic and weak interactions. It is unknown just how powerful Icons' positron energy is, as it has never been used to its maximum potential:
      • Concussion Force Beams:  Icon can release positron energy from his hands as bolts of concussive force. A low power force bolt can flick on a light switch, but at maximum power the amount of damage is unknown.
      • Stun Bolts:  Icon can project low-energy positron bolts that render human beings unconscious by disrupting the electrical impulses in their nervous systems.
      • Energy Enhanced Punches:  Icon can focus positron energy into his fists, which he can then use to shatter almost any substance, and increase his strength.
      • Energy Pulse:  Icon can produce a surge of positron energy (from his hands or entire body), which can disrupt technical technology.
      • Energy Constructs:  Icon can create constructs out of Positron energy.
      • Omnidirectional Energy Waves:  Icon can release all of his body's positron energy as massive positron waves in every direction, causing devastating damage.
      • Positron Field:  Icon can detect the presence of Bang Babies within his vicinity by flooding an area with a field of positrons.  The field interacts with the invisible quantum well surrounding a Bang Baby, who then glows as he or she gives off mild gamma particles. Icon can use these fields to distinguish Bang Babies from other meta humans as well as normal humans.
      • Force Field: Icon can use positrons to create quasi-solid energy fields to entrap opponents. The force fields becomes more powerful, by absorbing kinetic energy.
    • Invulnerability: Icon seems to be invulnerable & extremely durable, able to withstand bullets, temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without injury. He can even survive in the vacuum of space. Icon's invulnerability has not been portrayed consistently. If he is not expecting an attack, he can be easily injured.
    • Decelerated Aging/Immortality:: Icon possesses extraordinary longevity enabling him to age at a vastly slower rate than that of normal human beings.  Though centuries old, Icon appears to be a man possessing peak health in the prime of his life; Icon's lifespan is usual for a Terminan, and is the only power that is not the result of his genetic mutation. The maximization of his DNA gave Icon immortality, which he hides from the public by continuously taking on the identity of his son over the years.
    • Self-Sustenance: Icon can survive in harsh environments without air, food or water, and his bodily evacuations aren't needed. He's also able to survive unaided in space.

• Superhuman Senses: All of Icon's senses are heightened to superhuman levels.
      • Superhuman Hearing: Icon has the ability to perceive sounds of varying volume or pitch beyond the scope of normal human capability. Certain characters with this ability can develop enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency. As such, they can identify a person by their heartbeat, or pick out a single voice in an entire city.
      • Super Smell: the ability to identify scents with greater precision than the average human being. This ability is particularly useful for tracking prey, perceiving the invisible, or navigating in an unfamiliar environment.
      • Super Vision: Icon also possesses a superior sensory arrangement of visual capabilities: Microscopic, Telescopic, Ultraviolet, Night.
      • Enhanced Mental Perception:: Icon possesses a Genius level intellect, and is highly resistant to all forms of mind control and probing. He can sense and comprehend things on levels that exceed human capabilities.
      • Accelerated Healing: Despite his nigh invulnerability, it is possible to injure Icon. If injured, Icon's body is can immediately regenerate and recover from minor/fatal injuries. His body is capable of regenerating and replacing lost limbs, organs, and muscles instantaneously.
      • Thermal Vision: The ability to see through the heat tracks left by a living being or object.

Equipment Name:
      • Armor: Icon wears armor composed of highly advanced alien technology. The armor grants him further protection from projectile weaponry, energy beams, intense heat/cold, and tremendous impact forces. On his command, the Info Tool aboard his starship can instantly construct his costume over his civilian clothing. When no longer needed, the costume is disassembled, converted back to energy, and stored in the structural files of the Info Tool.
      • Starship: Like all Cooperative vessels, Icon's starship is equipped with a faster-than-light drive that allows it to shift into the realm called Hyperspace. Icon's starship is also equipped with cloaking technology that can render the vessel invisible to both the human eye and all forms of technological surveillance. When not in use, Icon stores his starship in his "garage," a hangar located beneath his mansion’s swimming pool. The pool slides out of the way to provide easy entry or exit for the ship. Over time Icon's ship has been equipped with numerous technology from other planets and cultures, including time travel technology. The ship is extremely fast and maneuverable.
      Icon's Starship
      • Info Tool: The Info Tool is a computerized database of virtually everything known within the Cooperative. It even contains very detailed files on the cultures, languages, history and technology of Sol III (Earth) thanks to Icon's accounts of his life on the planet. The Info Tool acquires new information from written documents, verbal accounts, and visual data inputs. The database can even scan an item (organic or inorganic) and store its molecular structure within files called "software." Apart from storing and retrieving data, the local access to the Info Tool can also link to and control any computer-operated device or system.
        Because of all the data it has accumulated over the millennium, the Info Tool is truly self-aware and even has a personality of sorts. The Info Tool relies on verbal inputs to receive commands to perform certain functions. In terms of information retrieval, the Tool can respond either verbally or by displaying its findings via holographic images aboard the starship. The Info Tool remains in contact with Icon via a communicator hidden in his costume (the mask). While in this Sullivan clothes the Info Tool communicates with Icon, via a specially designed watch by the Info Tool.
      • The Maker:  The Maker is a molecular factory that can construct any physical item, molecule by molecule, from structural data files stored within the Info Tool. These data files are called "software" while the objects created by the Maker are known as "hardware." The Maker operates by tapping the vast energies of the reactor form Icon's Starship and converting them into matter used for the construction of hardware. The Maker can create any item, terrestrial or extraterrestrial, in a matter of seconds as long as its structure is on file within the Info Tool. These include medicines, machinery (e.g., vehicles), clothing, and even food.  The Maker can repair or modify constructed hardware by altering its molecular structure according to the whims of its user.
        The Maker can also rearrange the molecular structure of items it did not create in order to change their appearance or function. To do so, the Info Tool must first scan the structure of the object to be modified. For example, Icon employed the Maker to build the starship garage beneath his mansion's swimming pool.
        Icon's starship has numerous projectors through which the Maker can construct hardware within the vessel. To build an item outside the vessel, the Maker relies on a special probe mounted on the underside of the starship. it is the probe that facilitates the Maker repairing or remodeling Icon's possessions over great distances. .

Weaknesses
      • Vulnerability to Magic:  Icon’s abilities generally function on a particular energy level, magical energies, falls into this range whose chaotic nature makes him less resistant to his form of energies.  Icon's vulnerability to magic varies depending upon the effects.  No magic seems to be able to directly destroy him unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source.  He can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on Icon and his magical enemies have often proven to be the very dangerous to him.
      • Energy Absorbtion: Because his abilities are based on energy absorption Icon does have to spend time outside actually absorbing energy one full hour in the atmosphere or in his ship’s energy chamber.  If he does not than his power levels are greatly diminished.  He can spend less time but must be naked.
      • Vulnerability to Mental Attack: Icon is generally resistant to Mind probe and control but direct mental attacks have been able to cause him great damage and or distract him for a time.

Other

• Expert Combatant: Due to having superpowers all his life and constantly engaging in battle with various foes, Icon has over time become an excellent hand-to-hand fighter utilizing a fighting style that directly complements his superpowers. Icon's combat versatility allows him to adapt to any foe and beat them.
      • Business Man: Augustus is a self -made Billionaire.
      • Celebrity: Augustus has gain a lot of notoriety and fame for being one of the worlds top Layers, and do to his philanthropy. He's also taken on high profiled clients, and tried some of the biggest cases in the world.
      • Expert Lawyer & Mediator: Augustus is one of the most successful Lawyers in the world, and an adept Corporate Lawyer due to his mediator background and a century’s worth of experience in American law. He built and developed his own Law Firm, which is one of the most successful in America. Augustus has become the Personal Lawyer to Corporate Leaders, Senators and the upper crust of American society. As Icon, he is among the Cooperative’s most celebrated mediators, and has extensive knowledge of the Cooperative legal system as well as decades of experience in his chosen field.
      • Hand-to-Hand Combatant (Advanced) : Augustus is well trained in unarmed and armed combat. He's fought in every American war from the Civil War to WW2. Some opponents underestimate his fighting abilities, because of his initial attempts of diplomacy.
      • Multilingual: Augustus is fluent in English, most terran languages and Galactic Standard, the native language of The Cooperative.
      • Philanthropist: Augustus uses his vast amounts of wealth to help others. He's founded various centers and organizations around the world, designed to help people, one the most famous being The Freeman Community Center.

Norsegod1839

UI'll work on getting up a Character Sheet thread and an OOC thread up and running

And I think we've all agreed on the merged universe correct?

Norsegod1839

Yep just checked!

So we'll move with merged and have both Vandal and Kang be the big bad that has us form the Avengers or whatever we decide to call them.

Elven Sex Goddess

If we can have two characters I would put in dibs for Wonder Woman as a canon character. 

If not I will stick with my OC.   

With merged concept,  how about the Justice Avengers.   

Haybuck

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 13, 2018, 09:53:57 PM
Yep just checked!

So we'll move with merged and have both Vandal and Kang be the big bad that has us form the Avengers or whatever we decide to call them.

I have an idea!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on July 13, 2018, 10:00:31 PM
If we can have two characters I would put in dibs for Wonder Woman as a canon character. 

Roll with Wonder Woman! We can have as many characters as you guys want.

Gannameade

Or Avengers of Justice.

I want an OC if I have to pick another character....get to pick.

Norsegod1839

Ganna I was kind of hoping you might do a Black Lightning or Static Shock kind of concept!

Or no?

Gannameade

LOL

You are funny.  Just so happens I have an OC like that.  Speedster actually with lighting as powers.

Either that or a dark skinned Shazam / Black Adam

Haybuck

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on July 13, 2018, 10:00:31 PM

TBH, I kinda think the Avenger League rolls off the tongue better.

Norsegod1839

We could even go with somethign less known

Like Defenders or something shrugs.

Gannameade

CHARACTER NAME Cavalry
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Hetrosexual
HEIGHT: 5" 11'
WEIGHT: 237 lbs.
AFFILIATION: Xmen
PLAYED BY: Gannameade
FACE CLAIM:  Omari Hardwick

HISTORY:
Born as a very gifted child, to the parents of a Biochemist (former Superhero) and a Police Commissioner (also former Superhero); at the age of 4, Eric A. Mason began school.  Starting out as a skinny nerd, his intellect and speed multiplied at a dramatic fold to the point of him graduating from High School at the age of 12.  Entering college he pursued a doctorate degree in Biophysics and at the urging of his father with a concentration in Velocity Mechanics.
Being a 12 year old in college really put a dampener on his social life, but he was given his own lab space and poured into his work.  Since his father had noticed his overwhelming speed, reading textbooks in which would normally take days in one or two hours.  He pushed Eric away from sports, which caused him to focus more on his academic goals.   But living on campus, yet close to home allowed him to choose to do something on his own.
Just a year before graduation, Eric began to gradually bulk up for some unknown reason.  Which yielded strength, which also grew with his body mass.  So tried out for the college football team seeing no need not too.  Earlier that day he had been into making a with drawl where he bumped into a man at the bank, the man was wearing a trenchcoat and considering some people being could he didn't think anything of it, till later he saw the news of the same bank and the man he had bumped into had been James Sanders (AKA Speed Demon).  With is so-called vaunted intelligence none of this really made him think anything of it till months later.  He made it back to tryouts just in time.
He was teased for trying to compete with "the Big Dogs" on campus. But, the tryouts were successful; he came close to running a 3 flat 40-yard dash.  This was what really impressed the coach and some other members of the team; but not Thomas.
Thomas 'the Plow' Reilly, he was called because he would plow the ground with you and bury you there.  He was going to show Eric what it was really like in the big leagues.  So with practice and the season fastly approaching, the collision between the two of them was imminent.  Two days of practice, both of them showing what they are truly made of.  But, for some odd reason 'the plow' could not get a handle on him, just when Eric seemed to be in his grasp, Eric change course it seemed almost instantly.  Refusing to be showed up by a newbie, especially a 'nerd' in front of his boys. "Never."
Tom asked the coach to run a particular play that the other team was known for running and scoring Touchdowns with.  This play would put Eric right where he wanted him, straight down the center-right into his arms where he would knock the wind out of Eric and if he happened to break a couple of ribs, 'Hey that would be a bonus, that would teach the scrub a lesson."  The coach ran the play.  Eric had no idea what was about to happen, but as fate would have it another muscle cramp kicked in before he was to run.  The coach stopped him, but Eric told the coach that he was all right.  The ball was snapped the quarterback spun around to hand off the ball to Eric, who seemed to move like lightning; so fast he almost missed him with the ball.  The linemen moved to open up the hole between the defensive men and 'The plow' was standing in the gap waiting for his moment in the sun.  Waiting for the chance to destroy this new upstart, to his reigning throne.  He charged.  The two forces collided finally, but what he saw in his moment of triumph was a blur of motion that would not be stopped.  Eric ran at top speed, he hit Tom like a leaf in a tornado.  Tom was left in the dust, but not without suffering the consequences of attacking a hurricane.
The force was so strong that several teammates swore that they heard a popping sound when Eric ran by.  The team medic rushed to the field to check on their other star player, to find that Tom now had a shattered collarbone and broken scapula.  Eric had scored a TD, but he looked back to see that his practice touchdown had come at the price of a shattered career.  Realizing what the cramps actually were too late, Eric stripped out of his uniform down to his shorts and walked off the field.  His dreams of stardom would have to come through other means.  He eventually apologized to Tom and even helped him to study for his own degree.  They would never be friends, but they were compatriots.   So from that point on, his main focus became his studies just as his father would have wanted, he quit football
But, for Eric, this was only the beginning; with only three months left in order to defend his dissertation at the humble age of 17.  His popularity rose among the scientific community, his ideas on the study of speed and biological density were astounding even to his professors.  Who made his ideas of national knowledge, the press knew about some of his discoveries and theories, since he had patented several of his ideas for cancerous agents in therapies he was now making national news.  Yet most of this would come after the death of his father.
It was several days later, when fate had decided to let it rain on his parade.  His mother had called and said that she was upset, she did not want to be the one to tell him but she knew that his father wouldn't. She started slowly.
"What's wrong?"  He said.  In a very demanding, voice that was actually fueled by fear.
"It's your father", she said.  "He has cancer!"  The phone dropped from his hand and hit the floor with a rubberized thump, with his now enhanced senses he could still hear her.  "You know, how your father hates to go to the doctor."  Hearing the tears in her voice.  I am afraid that the doctors here say, that it is terminal and that there is nothing that they can do.  He might actually have from two months to two years, they don't know.
"Have they tried..." He named off several different tests, all of which his mother had agreed that they had tried.  "I am on my way home."
"NO!"  She said, adamantly.  "You still have 3 weeks of school left you can come home then."
"But, Mom?"  No longer able to fight back his own tears.  "I need to be home now."
"No, you needed to finish your schooling besides; if you come home now he will know that I told you and he wanted to tell you himself."
"O.k., but mom I need for you to send me dad's medical records.  Fax them to me if you have to just send them to me.  I'll do what, I can on this end, and mom thanks for telling me."
"Love you, son."
"Love you too, Mom. Bye!"  After hanging up the phone, he received a new determination.  That of curing his father.  The next few weeks proved to be very difficult for Eric.  Because despite finding out that his father was dying, his physical cramps returned.  His strength was increasing again as well as his speed; He found that on some days he needs to use the metal test tubes that he had ordered after his first strength enhancing incident.  He also no longer required a centrifuge for a lot of his separation techniques.
But, for all of his physical changes, his social life suffered because he could not tell his girlfriend for a month that his father was dying.  Which actually came when she threatened to leave because she got tired of asking.  He worked day and night, some days without food or sleep; his extra endurance providing him with the stamina to stay alert.  But, even his body craved food; without know it time passed by and he was still no closer to a cure.
In the waking hour of the 37th day of testing, he discovered that one of the cancerous lab specimens that he had been testing was in remission. He thought that this was the greatest thing that had ever happen; he repeated the experiment twice and both time with the same result cancerous remission.  "Success."  Was the only thing that had gone through his mind, he immediately packed.  Asked for a temporary leave of absence and flew home on the next plane leaving for Texas.
While on the way Eric received a phone call, from home.
"Come quick, something is wrong with your father!"  Leaving his bags at the airport, he rushed home.  Hoping his vaunted speed would be of used to him now.  He was home inside of 50 seconds; from across town.
"What?  What? what.."
"Your father is upstairs, I dialed 9-1-1.  They are on the way."  With a brief rush of wind, he was by his father's side.
"Dad, dad."
"Yeah, son."  In now what was a very raspy voice.
"Dad, I can help.  Dad, let me..."
"No, son when you got here.  I knew it was too late."
"No, Dad?"  With tears now streaming down his face.  "I can help, dad please."
"Son, I just wanted you to know that I always trusted you and I love youuuuuuu."  As his father's voice trailed off.  Eric's vacation turned into an extended stay.  Two weeks after his father's funeral, Eric was still in his old room.  Only slightly willing to help his mom, pack his father's things.  And when he did help, he did it so fast as to not put his hands on his father's things for too long.  Until his mother stopped him and held him and he broke down for the last time.  Even with his pent-up rage, he made his way back to school.
He graduated with his Ph.D.; the youngest student to ever do that from University.  It was a large media gathering, which was to take place a week from Saturday.  His professors asked him to do it previously, which he had agreed to but, his heart was not into it.  He was in his room reading through the paper when he ran across an article dealing with the "Ravages of Mutant Hate in America" By Professor Charles Xavier.  The article interested him because he could not believe that he had forgotten about his other problems.
Although, the cramps had finally gone away;  he was still unsure about what was left in its wake.  So still being angry and frustrated.
As a scientist, he decided to test his own theory:  How fast was he now and how far would his speed take him?  Unsure about the answer to either of these questions, yet sure about the location of a one Charles Xavier. He took off, running as he pushed and pushed to run faster his body more than accommodated his desire.  He passed several cars, a semi-truck, and a sports car on the way to upstate New York.  But, what the genius failed to calculate was the fact; that the overall physical and emotional stress that he was under; combined with the untapped powers in his body began to overload.
This caused his vision to blur; his legs felt like jelly as the world itself wrapped around him.  The next thing that he knew was that there were sirens going off around him.  He was bleeding on the ground, as a door was opening.
That was 12 years ago he still hasn’t quite found his place but realized he is better off here than anywhere else.  Considering his youth, education and current therapy practices.

POWERS:
Hyper-Speed  – able to move reaction rate 75x that of a normal Human.  Able to run at 350mph up to 770 with energy channeling.
   Bioelectrical Blasts – abile to generate blasts of bioelectricity
   Regeneration.
   Enhanced Strength, Speed, Stamina, Endurance.
   Heightened sense of touch able to feel vibrations.
Electrical Energy Absorption – able to absorb electrical energy and channel the energy into additional power and skills to his abilities.
Total Recall - able to remember up to 30% of all things seen or read, increases with previous exposure to material.
Self-Duplication - Able to make duplicates of himself up 3 duplicates max at any one time (Every duplicate gives a time limit for recall if 1 is summon it will be another hour before duplicates can be summoned, 2 = 2hrs, etc).

ABILTIES:
Linguist - He is fluent in English, Japanese, Spanish, able to learn languages in decrease amount of time.
Optimistic-Tries to see the bright side and helps others to see the same.
Athleticism: – has an uncanny sense of anatomy and how the body works to promote health.
Kit Bashing – mechanic skilled at putting things together on the fly (Macguyver).
Martial Arts: – Eric is skilled in several different martial arts and longs to learn as many as he can; skilled in most oriental weapons.
Dancing: – He is an excellent dancer, skilled in breakdancing, tango, salsa, ballroom.  Mother’s idea.  It has helped him greatly in his therapies. 
Computers: – Skilled in various computer languages, has an affinity for hacking or security.
Thrown Weapon/Bows –  Skilled with thrown weapons, bows and arrows.
Sex therapy/surrogate -  Was going to become a urologist, but found the need for this area much more lucrative.
Acting -  Skilled in drama and performing arts.

WEAKNESSES:
Decrease mental affinity – Mental Attacks are more effect against Eric
Allergic to Fireworks – chemical combination within fireworks decreases powers effectiveness or powers for a brief time, exploded fireworks not raw material.  Can still use guns and make own ammunitions.
Depressive state -  if not around people for a length of time will find he becomes depressed and will sometimes isolate himself more.

Personality: Eric can be rather annoying as he seems to try to find the bright side to everything.  He can on occasion be caught brooding when he is alone.  He has been a mutant for most of his life, he still sees himself as an outsider, but wants everyone to fit in and tries hard to make it so.

Foxy DeVille

How would this work for ya?

Alias: The Engineer
Profession: Professor at Princeton University
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 141 lbs.
Sexuality: Hetero but bi-curious
Nickname: "Machine"
Signature Skill: Technological genius
Power: The ability to create any gadget her mind can think of
Weaponry/Gadgets: Nine pints of nanotech that has replaced her blood and gives her the power she has
Costume: Technically none as she covers her nude body with nanobots

Bio: Born in Queens to a working class family, Angela Spica was an avid reader of Silver Age comics. The fantastic images within those pages inspired her interest in science and she showed remarkable talent for electronic even in her teens. Angie attended Princeton University and excelled to the point of joining the faculty after earning her doctorate. She also conducted experiments with nanomachine at her home and one night had a breakthrough. She figured out a way to bond with nanobots and gain vast technological powers. Calling herself the Engineer, she began performing heroic throughout the New York metropolitan area. Angie's still new to the business, as shown by both her enthusiasm and inexperience.  The Engineer has just started meeting other heroes and tend to fangirl over the more famous ones.

Norsegod1839

With Oni joining us I am going to go ahead and create a CS room and OOC room tomorrow!

Then I'll start working on the intro.

I am going to go with Batman as my own character with a possibility of Spiderman as well.

I still would like to get some more canons! So the recruitment thread is still open.

Elven Sex Goddess

Face Claim: Gal Gadot

Alias: Wonder Woman

Profession:  Antiquities dealer of ancient artifacts.

Height:  6'2"
Weight: 169 lbs

Sexuality:  Heterosexual with Bi curious tendencies
Nickname: Amazon Princess

Signature Skill: Enhanced Intellect: Diana possesses great wisdom and intelligence. She is among the smartest and wisest persons in the world.

Other skills:

Archery
Aviation
Diplomacy
Multilingualism
Equestrianism: Diana is a great horse rider; her favorite mount is her mare Kachi.
Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Diana is the finest warrior ever born among the Amazons of Themyscira. She is a master of armed and unarmed combat, and is proficient with nearly every weapon ever made (especially the bow and the javelin) and the exotic martial arts styles of the Amazons.

Power:

Divine Empowerment:
After leaving for Man's World, Diana was gifted with various powers by the Gods of Olympus.

Superhuman Strength: Diana possesses greater strength than the finest human athletes.

Superhuman Durability: Diana possesses a high resistance to damage and magical attacks. Her resistance to injury is not quite as great as Superman or Supergirl. However, due to her vast threshold for pain and her Amazonian ability to heal at a superhuman rate, this easily makes up for the difference. She has withstood considerable bludgeoning damage in the form of hand to hand combat with metahuman opponents such as Superman and Shazam.  She has considerable resistance to human weaponry, though this is not absolute; bullets, and edged weapons can cause minor to moderate injury, but never life threatening.  However, it's unclear whether she could survive a bullet to the head.

Flight: Diana possesses the power to fly at high speeds.

Superhuman Speed: She is able to think, react, run and move at superhuman speeds. According to Flash, she can keep up with him if he is at regular cruising speed (but not at top speed).

Superhuman Reflexes: Wonder Woman's reflexes are far beyond the limitations of the finest human athletes. She has been able to react to a barrage of gunfire from multiple opponents at once unharmed. Batman noted that her reflexes are superior to that of Superman.

Superhuman Agility: Wonder Woman's agility is far beyond that of even an Olympic level athlete, as is her balance and coordination.

Superhuman Stamina: Wonder Woman can last a great deal of time in any fight and with virtually anyone. She has held her own in combat with foes as powerful as a Doomsday clone. She doesn't tire out, as her body produces no lactic acids in her muscles.

Enhanced Healing Factor: In the rare event of suffering a serious injury, Diana can heal from mild to moderate injuries at an amazing rate. Her normal regenerative abilities allow her to recover from injury within seconds to minutes. She possesses an incredible immunity from poisons, toxins, as well as disease.

Animal Empathy: Diana possesses the ability to communicate with all forms of animals and her presence alone can bring a raging beast to a calm standstill. She is also able to directly command wild animals when needed.

Suspended Aging: Wonder Woman, like the rest of her kind, does not age beyond her prime, allowing her to retain her physical prowess, health, vitality and youthful appearance indefinitely. This ultimately makes her immune to natural death.

Weaponry/Gadgets:
Lasso of Truth: The Lasso compels anyone bound by it to speak only the truth. It can also be used to relieve an individual from the effects of illusions, mind control and other untruths. Diana is highly proficient at using the Lasso as a weapon, and is capable of easily binding people and objects using it.

Bracelets of Submission: Two magic bracelets that can deflect both projectiles and blunt attacks.

Magical Sword: A sword forged by Hephaestus, sharp enough to cut the electrons off an atom.

Armor & Shield:  That is functional and highly resistant.  Her shield is equivalent to that of Captain America's own shield.

Invisible Plane

Costume:

Bio:  A century living among mortals.  The better part of the century hidden in the shadows.  For all of Diana abilities and skills.  The one thing that had not prepared her for was the profound sense of loss when Steve Trevor had sacrificed himself to save countless thousands of others near the end of world war one.   For he was her first and only.   

The pain of such caused this heroine to become this past century introvert within the world.  Clinging to the shadows,  the loss felt hard. 

Still her makeup she is a hero, she was born to protect humanity and the world.  Sightings of her fighting crime, evil around the world.   But never directly in the spot light.   To do so means she runs the risk of becoming attached again.   To be hurt all over again.   

She after leaving the island of Themyscira with Steve.   Diana has lived in London,  Paris as she was the curator of the Louvre at one time, she also has been the Gotham City Museum of Antiquities.  This is where she first has encounter the Batman.   Through she never had met him.   She found herself strangely affected by him.  She developed a appetite for reading stories of the Batman in the Gotham press. 

She move to Washington DC,  after leaving as the curator in Gotham.   Now merely a antiquities private dealer in ancient artifacts.    Such a move did or does it mean she is moving out of the shadows.   Her affliction with following the Batman continues. 

While visiting New York and attending a function for the Gotham museum of Antiquities.   Diana had a blind date with Tony Stark aka Ironman.   At the time she had not known Tony was or is Ironman.   It was merely a platonic date that had happen by happen stance as others had because of various reason bowed out of a dinner date.   Her ambiguity in such affairs in dating.  Would cause her to naively thwart the ladies man Tony Stark at every point through out the date.    Such is the only date she has had in the past century.   

Norsegod1839

Give me a few minutes and I will have our OOC room up and our Character sheet room!

Gannameade

I think everyone should have two to start one canon - one OC.

Norsegod1839

keyotess

Still looking for canon characters?  I would be willing to play Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Gannameade

Norsegod1839

Quote from: keyotess on July 16, 2018, 12:03:58 PM
Still looking for canon characters?  I would be willing to play Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde.

I second that Key! come on in!

keyotess

Player: keyotess
On/Offs: same as players

Hero Name: Shadowcat
Legal Name: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde
Origin of Power: Mutant
Sexuality: Lesbian

Description: Height: 5'3"  Weight: 110 lbs, Eyes: Hazel, Hair: Brown

Facename: Jenna Jenovich

Phasing/Intangibility: Shadowcat possesses the ability to pass through solid matter and objects by passing her atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving. In this way she and the object through which she is passing could temporarily merge without interacting, and each is unharmed when Shadowcat had finished passing through the object. This process is called "phasing." When Shadowcat is phasing, she is, for all intents and purposes, intangible. Hence, when attacked, she can shift into a "phasing" state (even if she is not at the time passing through an object) so as to allow incoming projectiles or energy blasts to pass through her harmlessly. Shadowcat passes through objects at the same rate of speed at which she was moving before she "entered" it.

Selective Intangibility: Allows others to become intangible and make other objects intangible by making them pass through other massive solid objects easily such as buildings, planes, and trains.
Partial Intangibility: Kitty can choose which parts of her body become intangible. She make one part of her intangible while leaving the rest of her body solid.
Elemental Intangibility: Allow elemental attacks to pass harmlessly through her such as water, fire, earth, air, energy, electricity, and even lightning.
Physical Disruption: Kitty can easily damage tangible matter by passing right through it.
Non-Corporeal Physiology: Kitty's intangibility abilities make her practically untouchable.
Air & Water Walking: Using her phasing/intangibility ability, Shadowcat can freely walk on both air and water. In fact, she could use her ability to walk on water and the air from the ground to the upper stories of a building as if she were climbing a staircase.
Phasing/Intangibility Extension: From the first use of her phasing power, Shadowcat was able to phase her clothing along with herself. Through practice she learned to phase other objects along with herself without harm to them, and at one point phased an entire X-Men team. She could also enable someone as big as Colossus to "walk on air" along with her. However, she had to maintain physical contact with the people or objects she phased along with herself for the effect to work with this other person or object.
Camouflage: Kitty can easily blend into the colors of her immediate surroundings and environments, practically making her invisible to anything seen to the naked eye.
Shadow Camouflage: Shadowcat can also become completely invisible and unseen in shadows.
Electronic Disruption: She could phase through any material object, even living people. When she phased through an object with an electrical system, the process disrupted the system's workings.
Telepathic Resistance: Her thoughts were highly erratic when phased as if there was no mind to telepathically affect.
Cloaking: Kitty can hide herself and others from any type of optical eyesight.

Abilities
Master Martial Artist: Shadowcat possessed moderate expertise of the martial arts of the Japanese ninja and samurai. Shadowcat demonstrated great knowledge of ninja methods of combat when she was mentally possessed by the Ronin Ogun. With the possession over, Shadowcat forgot the knowledge of ninja techniques he gave her, but she retained the knowledge of Japanese martial arts, as well as street-fighting methods taught to her by Wolverine.  She also knows Israeli Special Forces Training.

Dance Training: Kitty is trained in ballet and modern dance. She continued to take dance training under the tutelage of Stevie Hunter, and was highly agile.

Genius-level Computer Expert: Shadowcat was an expert in the field of computer science, demonstrating genius-level aptitude for programming, modifying, and diagnosing almost any computer system: even those of unfamiliar human and extraterrestrial origin. She used her skills in many high-stress combat situations to great effect, and in combination with her mutant ability to disrupt electrical systems she was a formidable foe for any enemy relying on advanced technology.

Multilingual: She speaks fluent Japanese, Russian, moderate expertise in Gaelic, and knows Hebrew.

Strength level
Normal human with moderate regular exercise.

Weaknesses
Mystical Vulnerability: While phasing Shadowcat was still vulnerable to mystical attacks, however magic users like Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange cannot affect her whilst Kitty is intangible.

Phasing Limitations: Since she was unable to breathe while "inside" an object, she could only continuously phase through solid objects (as when she traveled underground) as long as she could hold her breath. Denser materials were more difficult for Kitty to phase through, sometimes causing her pain. When phasing through Adamantium it makes her sick. Solidifying while in an object could cause serious injury if not death. As it is an active ability, if she can't see an attack coming, she can't phase through it, a fact that the mercenary known as Deadpool once exploited when he knocked her out (taking her by surprise) in order to provoke Wolverine into fighting him for his amusement.

History:
Kitty was the daughter of Carmen and Theresa Pryde, and was born in Deerfield, Illinois.  As she grew into a teenager, her brilliance with computers slowly became evident and she got in early to MIT.  While studying at MIT, she started learning languages, taking dancing lessons and flourishing.  This was where she learned about her ability to phase and started experimenting with it.  This brought her to the attention of Ninjas because of her abilities.  She was kidnapped, trained and eventually possessed by the Ronin Ogun, but she was saved by another mutant named Logan who took her to Xavier's School for the Gifted.

Kitty hung out with Logan and meet Piotr and Illyana Rasputin for a couple of years while she mastered using her abilities and finished her martial arts training with Logan.  During this time, she developed feels for Illyana, but before she could act on them, Illyana and her brother had to move back to Russia.  After that, she went back to MIT to finish her degrees in computer science.

Recently, she has used her phasing powers more actively to stop crime and has taken on the name of Shadowcat and gaining fame slowly in the Boston area and now that she has her PhD, she is looking to find a permanent lively hood.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Gannameade

I like it!  Love it actually.  But take out the random [84] for me and we will be good.

keyotess

Quote from: Gannameade on July 16, 2018, 01:46:11 PM
I like it!  Love it actually.  But take out the random [84] for me and we will be good.

Thanks and done! :)

Gannameade

Thank you much.  Looking forward to hanging out with you.

Gannameade

Norsegod1839

Dragongoddess

Ganna should really quit recruiting for Norse until he starts getting paid for it.  But I've finally been dragged in and I am going to throw my hat in the ring for Jean Grey as well as my own original character.

Norsegod1839

keyotess

Dragongoddess

keyotess

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 19, 2018, 01:47:24 AM
*glomps the keyotess*  Hiya!  How have you been?!?

Eepp. <squeals as glomped> I am good.  How are you doing? :)

Dragongoddess

Quote from: keyotess on July 19, 2018, 01:58:32 AM
Eepp. <squeals as glomped> I am good.  How are you doing? :)
I'm great now that I get to work with you again!

keyotess

Norsegod1839

The crossover is still in its early days! Plenty of openings for those wanting to join still.