Hogwarts: The Next Generation Recruitment Thread (Still Recruiting)

Started by Untamed Skies, March 12, 2018, 06:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untamed Skies

QuoteI am very tentatively interested, assuming I can get my muse to dream up a character! I am seriously contemplating a pure blood character, complete with all the fun 'build a family tree' that entails, and more than happy to tie in with other PCs' family lineages. :-)

Could I get a face claim reserve on Baptiste Giabiconi?

No Problem he is reserved for you  :-)

I'm really looking forward to what you might dream up.

QuoteI want to reserve the faces of Felicia Day and Sierra McCormick.
Also have both them reserved for you

Welcome!

QuoteSo excited to see so much interest in here!  ;D

For sure, lots of news faces I look forward to writing with.

RubySlippers

Important since students are over the age of consent in the UK ,17+, did they add married student housing for married couples who might be in school as students? Well the House system is fine until you must deal with legally adult students of consenting age basically 17 to 24 who might be legally married. I would go there and throw in an issue.  ;D

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

RedPhoenix

Expressing interest, although will hold off on seeing if I can jump in or not. =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Wicked Emi

Untamed Skies

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 12, 2018, 08:04:13 PM
Important since students are over the age of consent in the UK ,17+, did they add married student housing for married couples who might be in school as students? Well the House system is fine until you must deal with legally adult students of consenting age basically 17 to 24 who might be legally married. I would go there and throw in an issue.  ;D

The goal of the game is to stay as close as possible lore wise. The Sorting Ceremony is a large tradition of Hogwarts dating back to the founders, and the competitions and community created within the various houses is a large part of life at Hogwarts. It doesn't strike me as likely that Hogwarts would create "couples" housing and turn it's back on it's traditions. If a couple was split up because they were sorted into different houses, putting them in a shared dorm separates them from the house they were sorted into. Further muggles aren't allowed on the premise, if a muggleborn-student were to get married then their partner wouldn't be allowed to come to school with them.

So my decision on the matter is thus. Hogwarts can't prevent students from electing to get married, but it will not give them privileges exclusive to them just for being married. Choosing to get married before their education at Hogwarts is complete, is done so knowing that they will be living in separate rooms and potentially separate houses during their stay at Hogwarts.

QuoteCan I also reserve Alice Isaaz, please?  ::)

Done

QuoteExpressing interest, although will hold off on seeing if I can jump in or not. =)
You are more then welcome to join ^^

QuoteJust in case, I'm reserving Ksenia Solo

No problem

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Untamed Skies

you should definitely do this

Untamed Skies

Hey Guys just a couple of announcements. Mellific has volunteered to join on as Co-Gm, so please make sure you direct PMs to both her and me.

For those of you working on your character sheets already, we've added Sexual Orientation to the character sheet. It'll go just under distinguishing marks, and above home town.

Looking forward to seeing all your characters ^^

Hobbes1266

And I just sent in my character sheet too! I'll fix it.

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

I would like to reserve Mahafsoun for a character. I was unable to locate a name other than that for her on both her DA, MM, Youtube, and Twitter. So we're going to go with Mahafsoun.

Also, question, would a character who was born in the states, but family moved to England before they were 16 to start schooling be allowed? Maybe taking into account that with Hogwarts reevaluating their accepting age, other wizarding schools (including Ilvermory) would do so as well. I don't see it that farfetched that schools worldwide would agree on a change, other wise you would have Hogwarts students at a slight disadvantage without starting school later than other countries.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Untamed Skies

Reserved for you.

And yeah that makes sense and is the least complicated way of handling it. Voldemort and Grindewald left their marks all over the place, so it's not unrealistic it became a decision world wide.

Jag

Awesome. She's not going to be a pureblood, but I have an American OC I would like to see about using. I shall send you and Mell the sheet when I'm done with it.

Blythe

So...meet Topher, my angry Quidditch-loving pureblood Slytherin 6th year, who I just got approved today. Thank you, GMs! :)

(Sorting quiz was fun, I might add!)

If anyone would like to have a pre-established connection with Topher, either family-wise or just general backstory, given he's a 6th year, I'm very open to making connections.  8-)

Topher Dubois

Name: Topher Dubois

Age/Birth date: 22 / April 1st

Blood Status: Pure-blood

House: Slytherin

Year: 6th

Wand: (Red Oak, Basilisk Skin, 12 inches)
Optional: This wand has seen better days; it is an old wand, passed down in the family, not quite matched with its owner. There are scratches on the tip and handle, and there is a small burn mark on the side. This wand has seen some dark days, once upon a time. The current owner may or may not live up to its legacy.

Apparation liscense? Yes!

FaceClaim:Baptiste Giabiconi

Height/Weight: 6'0" and 160 lbs.

Hair Color: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Distinguishing Marks:  Topher has a serpent tattoo on his left wrist; the mouth connects to the tail, almost like an ouroboros.

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Home: London, England

Personality: Fun-loving, witty, humorous, arrogant, intelligent, impatient, easily-angered, hot-headed, easily-bored, fibber, spiteful

Family: *  signifies that this person is related to Topher by blood.

Chester Dubois* (brother, age 30): Currently Chester makes his money by investing in new lines of broomsticks--the Dubois Dancer series. No, they aren't Firebolts, but Dancers are known to be a very reliable broom that's difficult to break. Chester was a Slytherin when he went to school. He was also a prefect.

Tatianna Pierce née Dubois*  (sister, age 29) & Gabriel Pierce (age 31, brother-in-law):They met at Hogwarts in Gabriel's last year. They currently work in Knockturn Alley, running a loan company. Tatiana is Topher's actual sister. Both were Slytherins. Tatiana was Head Girl when she attended Hogwarts, and she played on the Quidditch team. Tatianna is, for some reason, fairly high on the Ministry's watch list...

Alan Dubois*  (father, 42) & Eleanor Dubois*  (mother, 40): Topher's parents who work as financial advisers and capital investors. They have several businesses they've invested in, many pertaining to potion-making, which is their specialty. They have one incredibly successful cauldron company called Pot & Kettle, which makes designer cauldrons for people who are into aesthetics. They are both incredibly patient; they've had some failed business investments, but they've pulled themselves back up. It is rumored, but not confirmed, that Alan has a Death Eater mark and may have made a similar deal with the Ministry as his own grandfather, Tobias.

Marcia Lockwood*  (age 39, aunt): Marcia is actually Eleanor's sister, but she's estranged from the family. She is the only non-Slytherin in the family and married a....Muggle. Though her husband passed away last year from a heart condition. She currently works as an Auror and does not talk to her relatives. 'Pulling a Marcia' is considered to be the worst thing a Dubois can do.

Pascale Dubois*  (grandfather, 66) & Ninette Dubois*  (grandmother, age 67): Pascale and Ninette did not move away from France; they still work as bankers there for a competitor bank of Gringotts as Curse-Breakers. Yes, even at their age. Pascale and Ninette, when they attended Hogwarts, managed to get Os in everything.

Louis Dubois*  (age 70, great-uncle) & Lucrezia Moretti (age 68, great-aunt): Accountants, both of them.

Tobias Dubois*  (great-grandfather, age 92): Currently the family patriarch. Tobias is a proud frenchman who was a bit off-put by moving to London. He got the family's start in banking, competing in perhaps less-than-savory ways with Gringotts. He is known to have a Death Eater tattoo, and it is widely believed that old dark magic practitioners like Tobias covertly funded a lot of evil wizarding acts, though he turned himself in and got amnesty, as he'd killed no one. What information he traded for that is unknown, and it's widely believed he turned coat simply to save his own skin and family & had the means to trade for that, not because the old fart had changed anything about himself at all.

[Note: The names/ages of any non-Dubois (anyone without * ) are open to be changed if anyone would like a family connection with Topher! I am open to changing information about these!]

History: The Dubois family originally traces their origins back to Paris, but they chose to move to England seven years ago. They have long-admired Hogwarts and have always sent their children there at rather great personal expense, though the Dubois family's never been exactly prolific. They are, however, passably wealthy and well-off. The family are bankers, accountants, & investors in magical businesses--they have helped start up more than a few cauldron and broom companies with their Galleons.

But what about Topher? Topher's story can be summed up in the phrase "Has A Lot To Prove." He's the youngest in his family, and as such, he feels an incredible need to stand on his own and be unique. This has resulted, on more than one occasion, in Topher attempting feats well beyond his ability. For example, when his brother first got accepted into Hogwarts as a Slytherin, young Topher tried to conjure a pretty green and silver flame with his brother's new wand to celebrate. He set fire to their beautiful vacation flat in London, much to the family's chagrin. Topher meant well, though. Mostly. In no manner was he stealing the wand because he was very curious and a little jealous. No. Of course not.

What Topher didn't know was that his family were once rather famous practioners of the dark arts in France. They traditionally provided safe haven and funding for Death Eaters fleeing England...and poor Topher never knew a thing. All Topher knows is that his family is wealthy and pure-blooed, and money breeds jealously. Anyone that accuses his family of being evil is met with racuous laughter...and possibly some sort of secret spiteful vengeance. He won't tolerate bad-mouthing of his family. He actually got into trouble his own 1st year attending Hogwarts when a Gryffindor in his year suggested that the Dubois couldn't hide what they'd done just by moving to London to suck up to the Ministry, and Topher hexed him.

This did not help Topher's family's reputation.

His family have always been Slytherins (save for one), so Topher has a reputation to try to uphold, which makes his life all the more complicated. His family sets a lot of stock in favored House. He got his tattoo last year, the one on his left wrist, to try to honor his family.

Topher has played Quidditch all his life. When he was younger, though, he used to get hurt a lot playing Quidditch, even breaking his arms a few times. What a rush! Topher regrets nothing. His sister is the one who taught him everything he knows about riding a broomstick, but he later honed his abilities when he began playing for Hogwarts for Slytherin, though he has not, as of yet, been able to play in a 'winning' match. Partly this is due to being periodically unavailable during the matches (as he gets into trouble or fights, landing him smack-dab in the hospital wing) or he gets pulled out and benched if he gets too competitive and aggressive. His fondest hope is to not only play on his House's team this year, but actually make it to and play in the final match. He's an incredibly talented player; he just needs to channel it the right way.

Now he's just trying to see if he can calm down this year and do his family proud. He knows he's not doing a great job so far...but this year is the year! Right? He's a Slytherin. He has a heritage to uphold. He can't turn out like Aunt Marcia, can he? His family has incredibly high expectations of him--if he continues being good at Potions, he will likely go into business with his parents after graduation. If he ups his game at Charms, he might end up going into business with his older brother, Chester.

Likes: Wizard's Chess, Quidditch (both for Hogwarts and professionally--his favorite pro team is the French National Quidditch Team),  any colors that are 'earth' tones, wrestling, riddles, shopping, looking after small animals, thunder storms, snow, snakes, small lizards, studying new things.

Dislikes: Bugs. Bugs. Oh, did I mention bugs? Topher hates insects and likes nothing better than to feed them to cuter and more worthy animals. He dislikes sunny days; they give him headaches. Studying old things he already knows. People insulting his family...even if they're actually right. The color orange.

Best Known For: His infamous 'all-nighter exam preps.' Topher does study and likes to study, but with some subjects, he's always scrambling. He hosts a shindig every year before final exams so everyone can burn off steam, and then everyone cracks down to study all night once they get all the partying out of their system.

Moments of Glory: His first O in Potions. He had to work really hard in that. It's a patient subject, and normally he struggles with that, but because of it, he was able to push on into Alchemy. And the time in his 3rd year that he got a new broomstick from his father and managed to race it all the way around the castle, into the Forbidden Forest, and back again before the professors had to magic him down and take away some House points.

Moments of Shame: Punching the captain of his House Quidditch team last year and getting benched during the championship match. Topher's got a hell of a temper, and he's known for it. He lost of a lot of points for his House doing that, and his reputation hasn't quite recovered.

Biggest Regret: Divination class. He tried to predict the teacher's hair would fall out in his 3rd year and cheat on an exam by subtly dosing the professor's hat with a Hair Removing Solution he made in Potions. Well, the teacher's hair did fall out. But Topher failed that test. He only ever does sporadically good in Divination now--and right now, he's doing badly. He thought it would be a piece of cake course...and he was wrong. You can't cheat fate, and you can't cheat on tests.

Extra curricular subjects: Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Alchemy

Marks:
Charms - E
Transfiguration - A
Herbology - E
Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
History of Magic - T
Potions - O

(optional courses)
Care of Magical Creatures - E
Divination - D
Alchemy- O

Jag

Thank you Untamed and Mell!

Addy has no prior connections to anyone in the UK, so feel free to PM me about future meetups and making friends/enemies. ^_^

Adalheida "Addy" Ogden

Name: Adalheida "Addy" Ogden
Age/Birthdate: 17 / December 22, 2000
Blood Status: Half-Blood
House: TBD
Year: 1st Year
Wand: Beech Wood, Rougarou Hair, 11.5'', Surprisingly Sturdy by Violetta Beauvais
FaceClaim: Mahafsoun
Height/Weight: 5' 6" / 130lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eyes: Green
Distinguishing Marks: Tattoo on the left side of her body.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, but leans towards women.
Home: London, England / Chicago, IL, USA
Personality: Addy is well meaning, but a little 'moony' in the head. Once she gets on a subject she enjoys, she will talk fast and long till someone stops her. She would rather focus on growing her natural talents, rather than having her head stuffed full of facts. While she enjoys dressing up and looking pretty, she is very much in love with the subject of Herbology and is willing to ruin an expensive dress to go digging in the dirt. Much to her witch mother's shock and dismay, Addy has been known to use her wand like a shovel to dig or like a hair pin to keep her hair back. She sees it as an extension of herself, not an object to point at things with.

Family: Annabel Entwhistle, Half Blood. Met her husband while working with the MACUSA Chicago office. Met Edmund Ogden, a No-Maj, while working on a project close to the Wisconsin border. She didn't reveal to him that she was a witch till after the wedding. Addy is their only child.

History: Addy realized early in life that she wasn't attracted to just men. In fact, she found that while she found men attractive, she was more drawn towards women. At fourteen, she came out to her parents about her bisexuality. It was not accepted well. They said she would grow out of it one day and find herself a nice man to marry. It became a very "don't ask, don't tell" situation in her household.

She was set to go off to Ilvermorny when she turned sixteen, but her father surprised them by saying that his company was wanting to relocate him to England. She had already got her wand and everything. Both she and her mother were set against it, but it was decided by her parents that her father had sacrificed quite a bit in his life to keep his marriage to a witch. The move happened very fast and Addy was forced to end the relationship she had been starting with a female classmate. The girl had been a No-Maj and, with much eye rolling from her mother and father, a Wiccan. Addy had enjoyed seeing magic from the point of view of a No-Maj. It had been very stressful for the usually upbeat witch, causing her to close off a bit.

Addy has found it difficult to handle wizarding life in England compared to how it was in the States. She's not used to there being such easy access to it all and everyone being so close. She misses the secret shops with their little painted runes that you had to decipher to see if the shop was wizarding friendly or not. She misses not knowing who is and who isn't a witch or wizard around her. She misses feeling 'rare' because now she is surrounded by a wizarding community like Diagon Alley on a daily basis as her mother starts working a low level job at the Ministry.

Dislikes: Places that are too neat or tidy. Spiders in her hair. She likes spiders, but had one fall in her hair once and accidentally crushed it and now she's paranoid about walking under spider webs and constantly checks doors before walking through them.
Moments of Glory: Coming out to her parents. Admitting to her female friend that she was attracted to her. Going to her first No-Maj Wiccan gathering.
Moments of Shame: The fit she threw about moving to England. She feels like it was selfish to try to guilt her parents into staying and that it was petty of her.
Biggest Regret: Never forcing her parents to talk about the elephant in the room. Just accepting the "don't ask, don't tell" living situation.
Extra-curricular activities: She'd like to learn how to ride a broom. Also, anything to do with herbology.

Mellific

You're both very welcome! I'm excited to see these characters coming to life in game! Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

Well, I feel sorry for Topher if he runs into Addy. Cause she probably has cockroaches in her pockets and dirt under her nails. >.>

Blythe

Topher: "...and that's why Apparating should be permissible and do-able on Hogwarts grounds."
Headmaster/mistress: "No, Topher, we are not going to let you Apparate off the grounds because you accidentally touched a cockroach that a 1st year had in her pocket."
Topher: "This is an outrage. I'm writing to my father about the filthy conditions here."
Headmaster/mistress: *sighs*
Headmaster/mistress: "You could just get a proper toad and have it eat insects that get away from her."
Topher: "Why do I have to accommodate her cockroaches?"
Headmaster/mistress: "How do you even have an E in Care of Magical Creatures, Mr. Dubois?"
Topher: "BECAUSE THERE WEREN'T ANY CLASSES ABOUT COCKROACHES."

Jag

Quote from: Blythe on March 13, 2018, 01:50:05 PM
Topher: "...and that's why Apparating should be permissible and do-able on Hogwarts grounds."
Headmaster/mistress: "No, Topher, we are not going to let you Apparate off the grounds because you accidentally touched a cockroach that a 1st year had in her pocket."
Topher: "This is an outrage. I'm writing to my father about the filthy conditions here."
Headmaster/mistress: *sighs*
Headmaster/mistress: "You could just get a proper toad and have it eat insects that get away from her."
Topher: "Why do I have to accommodate her cockroaches?"
Headmaster/mistress: "How do you even have an E in Care of Magical Creatures, Mr. Dubois?"
Topher: "BECAUSE THERE WEREN'T ANY CLASSES ABOUT COCKROACHES."

*snorts*

Should he not find out that she used to consort with American wiccan muggles? >.>

Blythe

Quote from: Jag on March 13, 2018, 01:51:35 PM
*snorts*

Should he not find out that she used to consort with American wiccan muggles? >.>

omg

he'd make it his mission to hassle her so badly if he knew--cockroaches on top of American Wiccan Muggles? HERESY.

(...I'm clearly going to have fun playing the angry and overly dramatic Topher. <_<  )

King Serperior

Tenative Face-Claim for "Vincent Cassel" (younger version);  This post also serves as a place for me to plant my Interest Flag.  >_>

I'm going to have to do some major revisions to fit the new character sheet since this is an old character of mine I am reviving....

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Mellific

Quote from: King Serperior on March 13, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
Tenative Face-Claim for "Vincent Cassel" (younger version);  This post also serves as a place for me to plant my Interest Flag.  >_>

I'm going to have to do some major revisions to fit the new character sheet since this is an old character of mine I am reviving....

Looking forward to seeing it, KS!  ;D  If you need any help, just let us know.

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies