Bethesda Baby naming contest.

Started by Wolfy, February 23, 2011, 10:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107977-Bethesda-Ups-Ante-in-Elder-Scrolls-Baby-Naming-Contest

So yeah, apparently Bethesda wasn't joking with their contest...if parents are willing to name their baby "Dovahkiin" (Which means "Dragonborn" in Skyrim's Dragon Alphabet) and Said baby is born on November 11th 2011, said lucky parents will win a Steam ID Key that guarantees them every Bethesda game ever made, Past, present, and future.

Plus apparently also some special loot unlocked in the Skyrim game itself.

What do you think about this, Elliquiy? Think anyone will be crazy enough to go for it? :D Would you do it if there was a similar contest for something else?

Beguile's Mistress

Right now there are people attempting to get pregnant in some way, shape or form and scheduling a Cesarean delivery for 11/11/11. 

Shjade

I don't think anyone will be crazy enough to force the birth to happen on the right day.

But the naming? Hell yeah, I bet more than a few.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Wolfy

They also have a disclaimer up for the contest:

"Warning: Bethesda Gaming is not responsible for any possible teasing or bullying your child may receive because of the name you have given him/her."

lol

Shjade

Well, hell, it's not like they have to keep the name. Get the Steam ID key, change child's name, done.
◕/◕'s

Wolfy

That may be true, but still..I'd keep it. Worst comes to worst, they can always just go by "DK" :p

Seara

I know there is a 7-11 here that if you are born on 7-11 and weigh 7lbs 11oz you get free slurpies for life....I know a couple people who were due around that time and tried to make it to have the baby that day. Unfortionatly theone that did succeed on having the baby that day the baby weighed 8lbs 1oz so people will do alot of crazy things. I also know someone who was due on the 2nd of January but scheduled her c-section for  Dec 31st so she could get the tax break

Beguile's Mistress

It's like something out of a soap opera but when I was in high school a friend of mine got pregnant.  Her due date was near her grandfather's birthday and her mom scheduled the operation so the baby would be born on that day.  Grandpa had lots of money you see.  I swear, it's the truth.

Oniya

Maybe it's just me, but I get a really twisty feeling in my gut when C-sections are done for convenience reasons alone, never mind when they're done for publicity reasons.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on February 24, 2011, 01:10:32 PM
I get a really twisty feeling in my gut when C-sections are done for convenience reasons
What'd you think the C was for?
◕/◕'s

Oniya

Quote from: Shjade on February 24, 2011, 02:10:26 PM
What'd you think the C was for?

EDIT:  I was originally just looking for a picture of the bust, but the expression in this photo was just too perfect not to recaption.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xenolord

I would do it. I would do it in a freakin' heartbeat. And everyone I know... KNOWS I WOULD.