I am an idiot that needs basic help with windows 7.

Started by Galactic Druid, July 11, 2012, 01:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I just actually made every folder in my D drive hidden. I can't figure out how the F to view hidden files in windows 7. Can someone please help me?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

Should be Control Panel > Folder Options > Check off 'Show Hidden files and folders' or select the radio button.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

jouzinka

XD This made me LOL a bit. O:) When you get to see them, right click on them -> Properties -> uncheck Hidden in the Attributes at the bottom. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Saffron on July 11, 2012, 02:07:13 AM
Should be Control Panel > Folder Options > Check off 'Show Hidden files and folders' or select the radio button.

Why the heck is it in the control panel and not under view like it used to be? *grumbles about windows 7*

Anyway, thank you very much!

Quote from: jouzinka on July 11, 2012, 02:32:02 AM
XD This made me LOL a bit. O:) When you get to see them, right click on them -> Properties -> uncheck Hidden in the Attributes at the bottom. ;)

Thank you as well, even if you did have a laugh at my expense. =P
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

I have no idea, but I can tell you that it is back to being under 'View' in Windows 8. ;D
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Sarena

And don't knock Windows 7!  After having to suffer with Vista for so long, I am grateful and thankful for 7!!! :P
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Psi

Hit start...   Type "Show Hid"  By that stage it should have selected "Show Hidden Files and Folders in the start menu.

Hit enter, and then tick the boxes and click ok.