What've you learned today?

Started by rachelongaku, December 31, 2011, 11:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachelongaku

Want to share an interesting fact or something you didn't know? Here's the place!

My first new thing:
I had no idea that Steve Martin was in Little Shop of Horrors. I just watched it for the first time and freaked out.
Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

Capone

I just learned that two doses of store brand Nyquil will knock me out until noon the next day.

rachelongaku

Quote from: Capone on December 31, 2011, 12:08:12 PM
I just learned that two doses of store brand Nyquil will knock me out until noon the next day.
Ouch. I guess that could be good or bad, but I'm guessing bad.

Hm, I learned that over half of my Christmas presents have a Hello Kitty theme.

Chris Brady

I learned that following foxes in Skyrim will lead you to hidden places and treasure.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Lilias

I learned that Lucia Rikaki has died, at only 50. I have to dig out Quartet in Four Movements and watch it again.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Izzie Aditi

I learned that some Americans really don't know where exactly Moldavia is.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

JackWhite

I don't know the exact location of Moldavia either.

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: JackWhite on January 02, 2012, 10:30:22 AM
I don't know the exact location of Moldavia either.
* Izzie Aditi laughs and adds to the list "That Jack also doesn't know where Moldavia is".  ::) ::)
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

JackWhite

Quote from: Izzie Aditi on January 02, 2012, 10:34:11 AM
* Izzie Aditi laughs and adds to the list "That Jack also doesn't know where Moldavia is".  ::) ::)
Hey! I know it's in Eastern Europe!

Cold Heritage

Performing punches to the groin will garner police attention faster than shooting people and lobbing the odd grenade around in Saint's Row the Third.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Serephino

It's actually possible for the bottoms of your boots to freeze to the bottom of your feet.....

rachelongaku

If there's blood my dog will lick it up. (so gross)

Inkidu

I learned that they did not get rid of that Gandhi loves nukes thing in Civ 5. However, watching me as Rome and him basically have the world divided in two (I had the new world and half of Asia (nearest Japan) he had the rest march giant death robots and fighters and carriers and all that good stuff around blowing the world to hell and gone is awesome.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

DudelRok

Quote from: Izzie Aditi on January 02, 2012, 09:56:25 AM
I learned that some Americans really don't know where exactly Moldavia is.

Wait... do you mean the former country that got kinda picked on a lot or do you mean The Republic of Moldavia? The Republic Of Moldavia is a remaining piece of the other, and still exists today! Man, that country has gotten some hard times. Romania's messed with it, took a piece and the Ukraine done the same. :\

Anyway! If it's the green part.

And I learned that today!

Thank you Google and Wikipedia.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Chris Brady

I learned that a friend of mine whose playing SWToR doesn't like it...  :o
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: DudelRok on January 04, 2012, 04:28:31 AM
Wait... do you mean the former country that got kinda picked on a lot or do you mean The Republic of Moldavia? The Republic Of Moldavia is a remaining piece of the other, and still exists today! Man, that country has gotten some hard times. Romania's messed with it, took a piece and the Ukraine done the same. :\

Anyway! If it's the green part.

And I learned that today!

Thank you Google and Wikipedia.
Yay, I made someone learn something ;D ! As far as I know, the..eastern part of Moldavia belongs to the Republic of Moldova, some parts belong to Romania, some to Ukraine..That's about as far as my knowledge goes and you had it exactly right ;D  Thank you NGC on a rainy day ::) ::)

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on January 04, 2012, 04:32:44 AM
I learned that a friend of mine whose playing SWToR doesn't like it...  :o
That's easy, it's a MaMorPaGa (MMORPG). I would probably hate it. Because it would have a bunch of kill X quests and fetch quests. Like I'm going to pay for that.

I learned the location of Moldovia today.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Jag

*goes to try it*

Oh wow...Learn something new everyday.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

rachelongaku

I learned that I really need to memorize my new phone number...and address......it's been four months.  :P

Nadir

I learnt that puffin chicks are called pufflings

Observing Trifles

I learned that boredom takes my mind to places they shouldn't go.

I also learned that Joe Mantegna once provided the voice of a caller on Frasier. Man, that was a trip.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

rachelongaku

I learned that a new episode of Glee isn't on for another ten days.

Cold Heritage

I learned that wikipedia lied when it said a new episode of Young Justice would air yesterday.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

rachelongaku

And I just learned that I've missed several episodes of Young Justice!

Nadir

Yesterday I learned how to make photos look like pencil sketches in GIMP

^_^