Viewing likes and dislikes in a profile

Started by TeamVelma, June 24, 2021, 03:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamVelma

Now, it's been a long, very long week so this might be some kind of fever dream but weren't we able to view a person's profile to see the kind of things they liked and didn't like? 

There's probably some obvious announcement where this is all explained that I've completely missed.
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Chasing Dreams

That option has gone away because the O/O matrix is going away. It is recommended that members create an O/O's thread and look at the O/O's thread of potential writing partners.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Amberly

I can't seem to find any thread on why this change is being made.

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: Amberly on June 24, 2021, 08:56:56 PM
I can't seem to find any thread on why this change is being made.
This thread talks about it a little.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Manaan

For someone like me the O/O matrix was nice, because I could use the Find Partners tab, which I assume will be going away, to find partners who played female characters who were dominant. With this going away that type of a search is next to impossible without just simply browsing EVERY single O/O thread out there, unless I am just bad at using the normal search feature.

Oniya

Quote from: Manaan on June 25, 2021, 12:12:19 PM
For someone like me the O/O matrix was nice, because I could use the Find Partners tab, which I assume will be going away, to find partners who played female characters who were dominant. With this going away that type of a search is next to impossible without just simply browsing EVERY single O/O thread out there, unless I am just bad at using the normal search feature.

Except for the fact that the 'Find Partners' tab explicitly says that 'Gendermatching is not enabled yet because not enough people have filled out their partner preferences for it to be worthwhile.'  It was also the portion that caused the most difficulty for people to fill out correctly, and I've seen multiple matrices where someone filled out the 'gender matching' section with what partners they were looking for instead of what they actually wrote themselves.

There is a Registry List where people have publicized certain types of characters that they play, and I see that one is focused on people who play Dominant Characters.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

victoria4

Quote from: Oniya on June 25, 2021, 02:20:53 PM
Except for the fact that the 'Find Partners' tab explicitly says that 'Gendermatching is not enabled yet...
Proper gendermatching did not work, but because "Find Partners" showed "Characters I Play" for all matches, it was a snap to find preference-matches and scan for gender (even though many entered those incorrectly).  Just to support Manaan!  But it's OK, most of us will be considerably better off with the switch (and the old profile wasn't accessible at all to some users).

Thanks for the reminder about Registry Lists.