Need Some Help With Game Choices...

Started by ReijiTabibito, December 19, 2010, 02:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

...for a few systems.

Being of the above-21 subset in age, as well as located three hours plus from any of my known relatives, most of my Christmas presents this year are being sent to me in the form of money.  That said, it's down to me to figure out what to drop my money on this holiday season.

So, I could use a few recommendations in terms of genres for the following systems.

Nintendo DS:
Visual Novel Adventure-type games (think Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk Room 215)
Platformers a la Metroidvania (Especially on the 'vania end of it)

PSP:
RPGs
Strategy Games
Action Adventures

Xbox 360:
Anything except Sports and Racing games

Kazyth

For the PSP I would recommend the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics.

For the 360?  My two faves this year have been Fallout: New Vegas and Fable 3.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Inkidu

If you're going 360 and none of the above options from Kayzth appeal to you. I recommend waiting 'til 2011. Dead Space 2, L.A. Noir (hopefully), Dragon Age 2. However, if you're missing hits like Mass Effect 2 feel free.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ReijiTabibito

@Kaz:  Already have War of the Lions for PSP.  I got it the day it came out.  360...is New Vegas a separate game or an expansion pack?  I'm not exactly looking forward to putting down $50 if I have to buy the base game.  Fable, I never followed the series.

I did get a few recommendations, though, from other people.  What are your opinions on the following games?

DS:
The 3 Castlevania games (OoE, PoR, DoS)
Lux-Pain (Weird title for a game...)

PSP
P3 Portable
MGS Peace Walker
Mimana Iyar Chronicle
Both God of War games