Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: CurvyKittenJust wanted to say GREAT job on the threads you guy and gals!

And if you needed any help just let me know, you know if I can I will help :)
Seconded!
Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 11:49:31 AM
Nah I got a thick skin.  Hit harder next time. ;)
You daring me to let my bludger loose?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

*grabs her Ames and snuggles up to, fretting quietly*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Kdyami

Quote from: Ember Star on April 01, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
Seconded!  You daring me to let my bludger loose?

Heck yes!!    :)    *acts all innocent*

Anyway on an unrelated note. Sorry for the million questions. I was doing the previous class list and the "game information" section says can only take 2 newts and the character sheet says 3 newts?  so... 2 or 3?   and defense against the dark arts isnt on the list?
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Amelita

Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 12:06:44 PM
Anyway on an unrelated note. Sorry for the million questions. I was doing the previous class list and the "game information" section says can only take 2 newts and the character sheet says 3 newts?  so... 2 or 3?

I assume you mean this:

ELECTIVE CLASSES

1st year: In addition to the 7 required classes, students may choose up to 2 elective classes.

2nd-3rd year: In addition to the 7 required classes, students may choose up to 3 elective classes.

They take their NEWT's in their 3rd year, and are allowed up to 3 electives to so for.

OOOOH nevermind I saw what you must have read:

NEWT's: Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, DADA, Astronomy, Herbology, History of Magic, +any electives (2 allowed) (taken in 3rd year of Salem).

Mismatch indeed! I fixed this, it's supposed to be 3 allowed electives for NEWT's, like is stated in all the other spots it's mentioned :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 12:06:44 PM
Anyway on an unrelated note. Sorry for the million questions. I was doing the previous class list and the "game information" section says can only take 2 newts and the character sheet says 3 newts?  so... 2 or 3?

It's 3. That's a typo. Thanks for pointing it out :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Kdyami

No worries just curious :)    Is Defense against the Dark Arts missing intentionally? 
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 12:10:29 PM
No worries just curious :)    Is Defense against the Dark Arts missing intentionally?

It's not missing. That's what DADA stands for.

Josietta

* Josietta waves to THM!

Hiyas!

*is at dr office again and on mobile*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kdyami

I meant for OWL's but I guess they wouldnt have that course at JWI only once they start at Salem?

Amelita

All the JWI classes are neatly listed in the Classes section:

JWIB and JWIG classes:
Basic Charms
Basic Herbology
American History of Magic
Muggle Studies
Basic Potions
Basic Transfiguration
Sports (muggle and wizard combined)
English
Math
Muggle History
Social Studies/Current Events

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

TheHangedOne

*Sends hugs Josi's way.* I hope they've got good news for you.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Bloodied Porcelain

QuoteLou Diamond Philips looks just like Xavril Robeson

I'm not entirely sure I can clearly express how happy this makes me.

Josietta

Thanks hon :) I'm getting a pneumonia vaccine. My immunologist said my immunoglobins are really low and I'm highly susceptible right now along with other stuffs. So yeah just stuffs for all that. I'm feeling okay though! :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Ember Star

Face claims are up.

if I screwed up and picked somebody already picked, just let me know.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Kdyami

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 01, 2014, 12:41:29 PM
I'm not entirely sure I can clearly express how happy this makes me.

Its going to be an awfully young version you know.  But youre welcome ;)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kdyami on April 01, 2014, 01:08:32 PM

Its going to be an awfully young version you know.  But youre welcome ;)

All the better. I loved him in his early stuff. Such a pretty, pretty, pretty man. *purr*

TheHangedOne

Hmm, think I might go with Seth Green for my character... just feels odd to be using a dude who's almost three times older than my character.  :-\
Check out my poet tree!

Ember Star

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 01, 2014, 01:51:29 PM
Hmm, think I might go with Seth Green for my character... just feels odd to be using a dude who's almost three times older than my character.  :-\
lol. I know that feeling. I lean towards younger people for younger characters because even if I fund a picture of them as youngsters, it still somehow feels odd.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Ember Star on April 01, 2014, 01:57:17 PM
lol. I know that feeling. I lean towards younger people for younger characters because even if I fund a picture of them as youngsters, it still somehow feels odd.
Yeah, I can understand that. I also happen to be horrible at finding pictures. Even scouring the Finders and Seekers board didn't seem to do much to help me.
Check out my poet tree!

Bloodied Porcelain

*stares at her GMly To-Do* How is it that everytime I mark something off, the list seems to get longer, not shorter? >.>

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 01, 2014, 02:17:23 PM
*stares at her GMly To-Do* How is it that everytime I mark something off, the list seems to get longer, not shorter? >.>
Sounds like gremlins to me.
Check out my poet tree!

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Aiden

All Gm's have access to the GM Harem so we get to unwind and fuck away all the pressures of Gming.

XD

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ember Star

Quote from: Aiden on April 01, 2014, 02:22:54 PM
All Gm's have access to the GM Harem so we get to unwind and fuck away all the pressures of Gming.

XD
Oh myyyyyy  O8)
Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 01, 2014, 02:17:23 PM
Lol. I know that feeling all too well. Be it GM stuff, or regular RP stuff, or hell, even RL stuff.

Look at me, I did three things! *check, check, check* Oh, but there's these too now *adds five things to the list*