Re:Roman Camp Half-Blood: Looking for more Demigods! Roman Myth based game!

Started by Aiden, June 19, 2011, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Heh, I considered making one. Children of Venus are given crappy reps!

Kendra

To be fair in the first book - they weren't exactly given any favourable reps anyhow

they were either sitting around the lake looking at their reflections and were also cool to go home after summer camp was up because they weren't perceived as strong powerful types that any monsters could ferret out.

considered making one isn't making one though is it :P cop out!!  ;D

Karasu

I'm so interested! Any free spots left? XD I actually love posiden and Hades but I am not sure if you allow a demigod of theirs running about.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

LunarSage

The main problem with children of Venus is that their only real power is one that by it's very nature tends to make other players uncomfortable.  No one in group games wants to be "controlled" or influenced by another PC against their character's will, after all and at least in the Greek game I was told Charmspeak doesn't work on monsters.  Pretty limited power in that case... that's why I quickly ditched my son of Aphrodite in that game.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Josietta

Hello Karasu!! Glad to see new interest! Poseidon in Roman is Neptune and Hades is Pluto. I'm not sure if this list is up to date or not but we are full up on Neptune and might possibly have a Pluto open.

I'll leave it to Aiden or Kendra to pop in and let you know about gender, they were only accepting male characters but that might have lifted with the recent submissions.

Either way we'd love to have you in game!

Quote from: Aiden on August 03, 2011, 04:59:45 PM
Sounds good, We are recruiting Demigods from the following:

Jupiter quota filled
Neptune  quota filled
Mars:
Juno:  (Not allowed)
Venus:
Pluto:  -- one more allowed
Vesta: (Not allowed)
Vulcan:  quota filled
Minerva:
Mercury:
Apollo: quota filled
Diana: (Not allowed)
Ceres:

Please PM over the lesser gods, first.
Cupid:
Discordia:
Mors:
Rivalitas:
Sol:
Faunus:
Proserpina:
Bacchus:
Janus:
Iris:
Somnos:
Trivia:
Saturn:
Terra:
Ops:
Juvantas:
Somnia:
Fortuna:
Flora:

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Karasu

Gladly, if the spot I'd like is filled then I'll just make something else XD no biggie really ^^

Aiden

Currently we are no longer accepting children of the "Big" 3 (Pluto, Neptune, Jupiter) or Vulcan, we have plenty of those running about, the rest are open as are the "minor" gods.

As for Children of Venus- They do have a terrible rep in the first book series, but  Charmspeak does work against monsters (of the opposite sex). Like any demigod, it is about utilizing what powers you have in a proficient manner.

Charmspeak should be paired with "in game" fighting, discussed OOCily before anything happens in game, since both could be considered "god modding."

We are in need of males but we are accepting females also.

Josietta

That being said, here is the list of what is available (I took out the ones that have been filled or not allowed).

We are recruiting Demigods from the following:

((Greek Counterparts will be listed to the side for reference sake))

Mars (Ares - God of War):
Venus (Aphrodite - Goddess of Beauty and Love):
Minerva (Athena - Goddess of Wisdom, Art, Strategical War):
Mercury (Hermes - Messenger God):
Ceres (Demeter - Goddess of Fertility, grain and agriculture):

Please PM over the lesser gods, first.
Cupid:
Discordia:
Mors:
Rivalitas:
Sol:
Faunus:
Proserpina:
Bacchus:
Janus:
Iris:
Somnos:
Trivia:
Saturn:
Terra:
Ops:
Juvantas:
Somnia:
Fortuna:
Flora:

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Karasu

alright then, might do Mars, Minerva, or Mercury, got a few ideas in mind for Minerva and Mercury.. then again I might make twins XD

Kendra

Kokaine

This looks like fun. If you're still accepting I might have something in mind for the unclaimed offspring of either Mars or Discordia.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

Hello Kokaine! Yes we are still accepting as far as I know! I'd love to see a child of discordia! I'm pretty sure we don't have any of those! We have two claimed children of Mars and one unclaimed currently. It's totally up to him if he wants more of those. I think he'd probably allow one more then close that off, but again up to him! :) Either way we'd love to see what you have in mind and look forward to adding you into the fray!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aiden

We have quite a few children of Mars but a daughter would be sweet.

If you pick Eris/Discordia- PM me so I can create her "skill set" since she is not one of the "Main 13"

Kokaine

Alright, well in that case I will go ahead and do a CS for a daughter of Mars. I should have it up sometime today^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Karasu

Name: Miyana (Miya for short) Jameson
God or Goddess Parent: Minerva
Claimed or Unclaimed: (I'd really like to RP that out if you mods don't mind XD)
Any Background Info: She was born of the pro archer Ronald Jameson who didn't know he had knocked up a goddess. As miya grew up she took a real shine to Archery, though she never knew why, she felt quite whole when doing it and her targets were usually hit spot on. but Miya had a problem, she was pretty damn shy and often this didn't correct itself until she was on the archery field.
Fatal Flaw:  Shyness and a fear of storms and darkness (it's quite paralyzing)
Weapon or Skill: Bow and Arrow
Physical Description:
Extra info-
Future Goals She would love to overcome her fears and train herself to be the best archer ever. (Will likely gain mroe goals as time goes on)
Fears Storms, Darkness
Likes Archery, the moon, owls.
Dislikes Darkness, Storms, cruelty to animals.

she's not very fleshed out, hoping to improve this with time, but until then any suggestions?

Kendra

Thanks for submitting your application Karasu.

Just a quick question in relation to the claimed and unclaimed section - did you mean you would like her to be unclaimed as you would like to have her claimed during the game via rp? That's no trouble at all and can definitely be arranged.

Perhaps also jot down in the extra info part that you will be developing her further as she grows and the game progresses.

Has she been at the camp a while ?
At this stage in the game it is probably best that she not be a complete newbie but an established student at the camp already.

Aiden

Karasu- Can you please pick out a different image for her look, we are not accepting animated pictures.

Karasu

Karasu

Kokaine

Name: Ashleigh Valentine

God or Goddess Parent: Mars

Claimed or Unclaimed: Unclaimed

Physical Description: Ash is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weights 147 pounds. Her body is long, lean, and athletic. She has blue eyes, dark brown/black hair, and an olive complexion.

Any Background Info: Ash is a California girl through and through. Her mother, Lydia Valentine, was a 2 time World Heptathlon Champion and is currently a fitness model and author.

Since the age of 6 Ash has been involved in one competitive sport or another. When Ash was very young she returned home from school one day in tears complaining that kids at school were picking on her and calling her names because of her weight. Ash's mother sat her down then and there and told her that the kids at school were wrong to call her names but that there was truth to what they were saying. She told Ash that if she wanted to be respected and feel confident, that she needed to work hard and hone her body into something that she could be proud of. Ash took that message to heart, never wanting to feel as bad as she did ever again. Later that week she asked her mother to sign her up for Karate. Ash soon discovered that she had a natural talent for athletics of all kinds and quickly took to them. They were all that kept her in school.

One day, while out shopping with a few friends, Ashleigh passed a small antique shop. Ash was drawn inexplicably toward a jewelry case while her friends tried on funny looking hats and fiddled with old gadgets. She stared into the case unsure of what it was she was looking for until an old woman who identified herself as the owner of the shop came forward with a grin. It was she who placed the ring into Ash's hand. The ring whispered to her and Ash found herself paying for the clunky, dull ring before she even had time to think it through.

Later that night while having dinner, her mother spotted the ring upon Ash's finger and went still. It took some prodding but her mother finally revealed to her the truth of her parentage but she forbade Ash from speaking of it... until Ash was attacked one day while out on the beach running through her katas with a bokken. Ash barely escaped the attack and at last her mother agreed she needed to know more. Three days later Ash found herself at camp. 

Weapon or Skill: Ash is great with hand to hand combat but is also proficient in a wide range of weaponry. Her favorites are plumbata (throwing darts), any sort of javelin or spear, and the spatha that was given to her on her 14th birthday. She is naturally athletic and possesses a trance-like focus during fights or challenges.

Fatal Flaw: She is overly competitive and cannot back down from a challenge. She also has a hidden (at least she like to think so) streak of vanity.

Extra info- will help me develop quest/ideas for the game.

Future Goals: To make her mother proud and to be acknowledged by her father.

Fears: Getting fat or being weak/out of shape. Dying alone or without honor.

Likes: The beach, sports, competition, martial arts, training/exercising, chocolate, any music with a good beat, praise when she feels its been earned.

Dislikes: Excuses, weakness, self pity, whining, lazy people, bullies and bugs.

Player: Kokaine

My O/Os

Karasu

Quote from: Kendra on August 09, 2011, 05:43:10 PM
Thanks for submitting your application Karasu.

Just a quick question in relation to the claimed and unclaimed section - did you mean you would like her to be unclaimed as you would like to have her claimed during the game via rp? That's no trouble at all and can definitely be arranged.

Perhaps also jot down in the extra info part that you will be developing her further as she grows and the game progresses.

Has she been at the camp a while ?
At this stage in the game it is probably best that she not be a complete newbie but an established student at the camp already.

Aye I wanted to RP the claiming part out in RP.

I could say that yes, my problem is figuring out how she figured out she was a demigod to begin with.

Aiden

Kokaine and Karusu-

I am assuming you guys want to be "new arrivals" to the camp correct?

This setting has Satyrs/Fawn who help protect demigods and they can help you two come into the camp. I actually want to transition you two coming into the game together.

The camp is located in San Fransisco, where both of them born in that area or state (California)? I can help get them by making up Satyr NPCs and helping them fight there way to the camp.

Satyr's can "hide" themselves as normal people and take on the role of a demigod's "teacher, tutor, best friend or neighbor" if you guys want to create a person who is a satyr in disguise, let me know and I can NPC them and help you guys get to the camp.

Normally, Roman Demigods are taken to the Lupa (a massive wolf) by age two and left there to be raised "right" as heroes. The first plot of this story began with children no longer being taken to the camp, but suddenly grown teenage demigods are starting to arrive. Satyrs have been scouring the united states, looking for the godly offspring to take them to the camps.

Kokaine

New arrival is fine for me and yes Ash is from California though she's in the southern part.

I left things vague/open because I wasn't sure exactly how to transition her in. If you have a Satyr that can her get to the camp that works just fine for me.

My O/Os

Karasu

Works for me really Miya was born near a park so she practices archery there a lot or in her backyard. She goes to public school if that fits with the other girl. the Satyr could be her best friend, someone she goes to ARchery class with, or a teacher, either one works ^^

Aiden

You guys have a preference on their names? Satyrs are only males so they would be guys obviously.

If not, I will write up a post for you guys and have the two satyrs take you towards the camp, I will make up their histories but they will be known by your characters or a teacher, something vague.