Return of the Mad King [D&D 5th ed. Open... Again!]

Started by Inkidu, September 15, 2014, 07:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

First look, more after dinner. 

Character Profile

Personal Information

Player Name: Muse
Character Name: Alateer Bayran’chaan (Dragon Flower)
Race: Half Elf (Forest)
Class: Cleric
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Raven Black
Skin Color: Fair
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200
Sexual Orientationl: Straight, foot loose, and fancy free.
Appearance: ]

History Information

Background: Sailor
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality Traits:
Ideals:
Bonds:
Flaws:
Allies:
Organizations:
Backstory:

Attributes & Vitals

Insperation:

Attributes:
Strength 13 (+1)
Dexterity 10 (+0)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 14 (+2)

Saving Throws:

( ) Str. d20+1
( ) Dex. d20+0
( ) Con. d20+2
( ) Int. d20+1
( ) Wis. d20+5
( ) Cha. d20+4

HP (Current/Max): 10/10
Temporary HP: 0
Hit Dice: d8
Armor Class:
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30
Passive Wisdom (perception): (10 or 8) +5

Death Saves:
Saves-
Fails-

Attacks & Spellcasting

Name/Attack Bonus/Damage-Type
--Lethio/+3/d8(d10)+1/Slashing
--Magic/+5/?/?
--Sling/+2/d?/Bludgeoning

Skills

Skills:

( ) Acrobatics (Dex) +0
( ) Animal Handling (Wis) +3
( ) Arcana (Int) +0
(*) Athletics (Str) +3
( ) Deception (Cha) d20+2
( ) History (Int) d20+0
( ) Insight (Wis) d20+3
( ) Intimidation (Cha) d20+2
( ) Investigation (Int) d20+0
(*) Medicine (Wis) d20+5
( ) Nature (Int) d20+0
(*) Perception (Wis) d20+5
(*) Performance (Cha) d20+4
(*) Persuasion (Cha) d20+4
(*) Religion (Int) d20+2
( ) Slight of Hand (Dex) d20+3
( ) Stealth (Dex) d20+0
( ) Survival (Wis) d20+3

Other Proficiencies & Languages

Other Proficiencies: All simple and Martial Weapons.  All armor and shields.  Water vehicles
Languages: Common, Elven, Merfolk

Traits

--Darkvision
--Divine Domain: Tempest
--Spellcasting
--

Equipment, Money, & Treasure

Equipment:
--Chain Mail
--Lethio
--Shield
--Sling with 20 bullets

--Explorer's Pack
--Holy Symbol

Money:

CP-
SP-
GP-10
PP-

Treasure:
--
--

Spells & Magic

Spellcasting Class: Cleric
Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spell Levels & Slots

(Level/Slot total/Slots Used)

0 Cantrips
--Light
--Mending
--Sacred Flame
1 (2/2)
(D) Fog Cloud
(D) Thunder Wave
--Cure Light Wounds
--Divine Favor
--Healing Word
2 (X/X)
--
3 (X/X)
--
4 (X/X)
--
5 (X/X)
--
6 (X/X)
--
7 (X/X)
--
8 (X/X)
--
9 (X/X)
--

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Inkidu on September 30, 2014, 09:43:30 PM
Yeah, it's open again. Muse saved it so thank him.

SO ROLL CALL!

Check in if still interested.

I have my halfling ready to go.

Inkidu

Muse, your character is about twelve-years-old in human terms. :|

Also, it's a lethilee that was my fault, and put (longsword) out beside it with the parentheses.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Muse

Hm?  Oh, I see it there int he half elf details.  i was just working out of the book when i chose that age. 

Will fix shortly. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

Quote from: Muse on October 01, 2014, 06:23:21 AM
Hm?  Oh, I see it there int he half elf details.  i was just working out of the book when i chose that age. 

Will fix shortly.
Yeah mine are more based off the 3.5 ages. :)

Really hammers home the alienation aspect of being a half elf.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Muse

I totally agree with you there.  :) 

Okay, let's see... 

*Tipity type types* 

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Inkidu on September 30, 2014, 09:43:30 PM
Yeah, it's open again. Muse saved it so thank him.

SO ROLL CALL!

Check in if still interested.

I'm still interested, never got feedback on if you were still open and what slots are open.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Corinthi

If you need an additional player, I'd happily toss my hat in the ring. I'd even play a lady.

Inkidu

In general I'm going to say there are two slots open. Sorry, it's a bit plastic at the moment.

ShadowFox89

How do you think a drow fey-pact warlock would do?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

I don't think there's drow in this setting? 

Inkidu

There are no drow as they're traditionally understood.

Florence

\o/! As I said in a PM, definitely still interested!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Inkidu

As for the drow thing. I want to de-Drizzit them. :|

You can play anything in the handbook or a mer (and half) or if you're feeling like being a guinea pig you can play a buteo (or half).

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Inkidu on October 02, 2014, 06:20:00 AM
As for the drow thing. I want to de-Drizzit them. :|

You can play anything in the handbook or a mer (and half) or if you're feeling like being a guinea pig you can play a buteo (or half).

I never got into Forgotten Realms. Dark sun and Eberron were always my thing.

But that's fine, I can work up an arctic elf.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

So we've got a human, one arboreal elf, one arboreal half-elf, and one arctic elf. If I'm remembering everything correctly.

Corinthi

I'm a latecomer, so I've been holding off on writing up a profile to give the folks who were here first plenty of opportunity.

If you're not full by Friday evening, I'll write up a not-elf profile then. Tonight I'll be running 5e for the first time for my local group.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Inkidu on October 02, 2014, 11:55:41 AM
So we've got a human, one arboreal elf, one arboreal half-elf, and one arctic elf. If I'm remembering everything correctly.

What classes do you have? I was thinking Warlock or Bard.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Warlock seems pretty...  Erm...  Popular.  :p 

I'm putting together a cleric. 

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2014, 04:56:54 PM
What classes do you have? I was thinking Warlock or Bard.

We have a rogue, barbarian, sorcerer, cleric.

So something that could fill that gap: Bard, ranger, fighter, monk would be nice. I'd like to keep it light on spellcasters (seeing as they tend to be rather strong in D&D historically).

I'm not saying no you can't, but please keep the party in mind.

ShadowFox89

Warlock is one of the least powerful of the spellcasters, actually. Bard and druid are the strongest. Ranger in this edition is horrible, unless you plan on giving us horde fights. I was more interested in Warlock for the fluff and to have a social character.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2014, 07:20:35 PM
Warlock is one of the least powerful of the spellcasters, actually. Bard and druid are the strongest. Ranger in this edition is horrible, unless you plan on giving us horde fights. I was more interested in Warlock for the fluff and to have a social chparacter.
Fair point I suppose. I'm kind of stuck on 3.5 warlocks which were ludicrously broken. :|

Like I said it's up to you ultimately, and I don't want to speak out of turn for another player, but as a sailor-cleric who worships a wind god the cleric is not going to be pulling secondary-fighter duty.

So you want to play a fey warlock? I'm willing work with it, I'll just ramp up the encounter level if I think you guys are getting off to easily. >:)

Which court there are four courts of the slyvanian in Alabastra:

Court of the Dawn
Court of Light
Court of Sunset
Court of Darkness

Seeing as seasons aren't precisely analogous to seasons on Earth, seeing as it's generally colder no matter what day it is.

So they generally correlate to the amount of light you get on a given day. Mechanically no difference and none of them are exactly lawful, but none are ardently good or bad. They're fairies.

Muse

Personal Information

Player Name: Muse
Character Name: Alateer Bayran’chaan (Dragon Flower)
Race: Half Elf (Forest)
Class: Cleric
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Raven Black
Skin Color: Fair
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, foot loose, and fancy free.
Appearance: ]

History Information

Background: Sailor
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality Traits: I work hard so I can play hard when the work is done. 
Ideals: The sea is freedom, freedom to go anywhere, do anything, and be the man I want to be. 
Bonds:
Flaws: I never can say no to a pretty face. 
Allies:
Organizations:
Backstory:   Kitiri Bayran'chaan was a lethilee in service to a great lord.  Some decades ago, her lord entertained a human noble, and Kitiri was among the guards given responsiblity for the security of his retinue. 

There was a sabotage attempt to the peace accords, and before the violence was done Kitiri found herself far from home wiht only her unicorn, her blade, and the human lad she'd been charged with protecitng for company. 

She's never told me who he was.  He might have been a prince.  He might have been an ambasador's aid, but Kitiri was allready fond of him ins pite of herself, and during their time together on the road she surendered to his passions more than once. 

I was born nine months later. 

I've always wondered who my father was.  Mother doesn't talk about him, but he always makes her smile.  He's probably an old man by now if he still lives.  As a boy I spent a lot of time daydreaming about him.  Up til my twenty-eigth year, I could usualy find friends among the elves.  After out growing three sets of playmtes, though, I couldn't hide my diferences from myself, and my new peers and quite thorougly caught onto their parent's distste. 

The things that adults whispered behind cupped hands the children sang out lowdly and with cruel glee.  Half-man, they called me.  Bastard.  Short-ear.  Cheek fuzz.  (I never did develop a beard.  Might have been nice to try.) 

I dreamed a lot more about my father then.  I was starting to notice girls, and my father went from romnatic hero in my mind to dashing casanova.  I also started paying attention too stories about the man who'd managed to cuckold the king of the elven gods.  The stories of Abadon seducing Salinha’laan and Daylin’vaas resulting wrath made me grin.  In a quite, petty portion of my mind, I would whisiper, "Well, if Daylin'vaas would get the stick out of his ass and satisfy his wife..." 

As I grew more mature, I started to get a better handle on my station in elven society.  Despite our free whieelign ways, we were all more than a little locked in place by our birth.  Mother would wield that sword for her lord 'til her death or retirement.  I would scrimp around the nobility, not one of them, but not a freeman either.  I would probably find some positon as a scribe, herald, or servant. 

Never one to brood, I decided not to run away from home.  I learned all I could, worked hard, and played hard 'til I came of age at forty.  In the last half decade of my youth, I learned some of the joy Abadar had found in an elfmaid's arms.  Any number of arogant noble girl's could be persuaded that the best way to get bck at their philandering baues was to enjoy a night of passion in the arms of a half man.  I got pounded for it more than once, but it was owrth every blow.  I also got stronger, tougher, faster.  I learned that by playing on the men's pride, I could get them to ahve their friend's let me up and face me one at a time.  When that happened i would usualy win.  And then there weret he times that ti didn't help.  That was hwen I learned that if I ran just long enough, my attacker's would string out behind me and I could pause long enough to lay one out before the tohers caught up and i had to run again. 

The day after my fortieth birthday, though, I made a beeline for the ocean and went too sea.  For seven years, I woked the sails, saw distant lands, flirted with mermaids and foriegn wenches.  I learned more of Abadar from a half-merman crewmate, and in a temple of coral, I swore to do his work and first received his magic.  It was also there that I recieved an eleven blade--a weapon normaly reserved for people like my mother--with a blade of folded steel and a hilt of mother of pearl. 

Attributes & Vitals

Insperation:

Attributes:
Strength 13 (+1)
Dexterity 10 (+0)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 14 (+2)

Saving Throws:

( ) Str. d20+1
( ) Dex. d20+0
( ) Con. d20+2
( ) Int. d20+1
(*) Wis. d20+5
(*) Cha. d20+4

HP (Current/Max): 10/10
Temporary HP: 0
Hit Dice: d8
Armor Class:
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30
Passive Wisdom (perception): (10 or 8) +5

Death Saves:
Saves-
Fails-

Attacks & Spellcasting

Name/Attack Bonus/Damage-Type
--Belaying Pin (Club)/+3/d4+1/Bludgeoning
--Lethilee(Long Sword)/+3/d8(d10)+1/Slashing
--Sacred Flame/+5/d8+3/Radiant
--Sling/+2/d?/Bludgeoning

Skills

Skills:

( ) Acrobatics (Dex) +0
( ) Animal Handling (Wis) +3
( ) Arcana (Int) +0
(*) Athletics (Str) +3
( ) Deception (Cha) d20+2
( ) History (Int) d20+0
( ) Insight (Wis) d20+3
( ) Intimidation (Cha) d20+2
( ) Investigation (Int) d20+0
(*) Medicine (Wis) d20+5
( ) Nature (Int) d20+0
(*) Perception (Wis) d20+5
(*) Performance (Cha) d20+4
(*) Persuasion (Cha) d20+4
(*) Religion (Int) d20+2
( ) Slight of Hand (Dex) d20+3
( ) Stealth (Dex) d20+0
( ) Survival (Wis) d20+3

Other Proficiencies & Languages

Other Proficiencies: All simple and Martial Weapons.  All armor and shields.  Water vehicles
Languages: Common, Forest elven, Merfolk

Traits

--Darkvision
--Divine Domain: Tempest
--Spellcasting
--Tool Proficiencies: Navigator’s tools, vehicles (water)

Equipment, Money, & Treasure

Equipment:
--Belaying Pin
--Chain Mail
--Lethilee
--Shield
--Sling with 20 bullets

--50 feet of silk rope,
--a lucky charm (piece of pink coral sugestive in form of the tree I grew up in.) 
--Belt Pouch
--common clothes
--Explorer's Pack
--Holy Symbol

Money:

CP-10
SP-9
GP-9
PP-0

Treasure:
--
--

Spells & Magic

Spellcasting Class: Cleric
Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spell Levels & Slots

(Level/Slot total/Slots Used)

0 Cantrips
--Light
--Mending
--Sacred Flame
1 (2/2)
(D) Fog Cloud
(D) Thunder Wave
--Cure Light Wounds
--Divine Favor
--Healing Word
--Sheild of Faith
2 (X/X)
--
3 (X/X)
--
4 (X/X)
--
5 (X/X)
--
6 (X/X)
--
7 (X/X)
--
8 (X/X)
--
9 (X/X)
--

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Inkidu on October 02, 2014, 08:04:24 PM
Fair point I suppose. I'm kind of stuck on 3.5 warlocks which were ludicrously broken. :|

Like I said it's up to you ultimately, and I don't want to speak out of turn for another player, but as a sailor-cleric who worships a wind god the cleric is not going to be pulling secondary-fighter duty.

So you want to play a fey warlock? I'm willing work with it, I'll just ramp up the encounter level if I think you guys are getting off to easily. >:)

Which court there are four courts of the slyvanian in Alabastra:

Court of the Dawn
Court of Light
Court of Sunset
Court of Darkness

Seeing as seasons aren't precisely analogous to seasons on Earth, seeing as it's generally colder no matter what day it is.

So they generally correlate to the amount of light you get on a given day. Mechanically no difference and none of them are exactly lawful, but none are ardently good or bad. They're fairies.

Trust me, I've been running a RL 5th edition game on Sundays. Encounters are going to be nightmares at low levels no matter how the party is composed. I've nearly killed the party in every fight, and that's after scaling down the fights.

Could you shoot me a PM with the different descriptions of the courts?

edit: potential picture for her. Although she's using a two-hander in this, her weapon will actually be a rapier or it's closest setting equivalent.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse