Fresh Blood, New Frontiers (3.5 D&D)

Started by BigBlackGamer, February 10, 2006, 11:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on February 11, 2006, 08:18:50 PM
Have any problem with a basic little bard?

No...too boring...you have to have tentacles or two heads.   :P

Just kidding.  A bard is fine.

Xerial

I've got a somewhat signature character of mine that I'd love to play out and develop from the ground up... a man of increadibly humble roots who (at least with the Epic game he was last in) ended up being a one man chainsaw... I'd have to get my hands on a copy of the book again (I have an old... backup.. somewhere), but otherwise I'd be game. He'd be a simple labourer, strong of body but with an untapped mind... progression focus would be towards tempering both into something more.

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Xerial on February 11, 2006, 08:54:56 PM
I've got a somewhat signature character of mine that I'd love to play out and develop from the ground up... a man of increadibly humble roots who (at least with the Epic game he was last in) ended up being a one man chainsaw... I'd have to get my hands on a copy of the book again (I have an old... backup.. somewhere), but otherwise I'd be game. He'd be a simple labourer, strong of body but with an untapped mind... progression focus would be towards tempering both into something more.

Sounds like a potentially interesting character.  He could start out as a simple warrior, and go from there.  I could see him going on to be a skullcrushing melee warrior, or perhaps even a priest of the god of battles/weapons/smiths.

Idachan

I´m on the other hand is thinking cleric or rogue to start out with.

Xerial

Quote from: BigBlackGamer on February 12, 2006, 03:32:34 AM
Sounds like a potentially interesting character.  He could start out as a simple warrior, and go from there.  I could see him going on to be a skullcrushing melee warrior, or perhaps even a priest of the god of battles/weapons/smiths.

A carpenter or lumberjack might be more fitting, given the path he eventually led. I originally made him to sate my fascination with the possibility of a character weilding two Great-Axes... oddly enough (or not), that requires a lot more dex than strength...

Muse

Hm..  Either a cleric of Corelon Laerethian working towards Mystic Theurge, or a rather chronomantic cleric of Labolas, elven god of time, imortality, and the moment. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ZK

What's wrong with female monsters? ^_^ I think they're more appealing then male monsters. ^_^

Then again, that's me. I tend to like what people don't like for some reason. Maybe it's a strive to be different.

Yeah. <.<

And I hate to say, but with any d20 System, it's easy to munchkinize yourself.

Hell, especially the d20 EverQuest game. I like it, but daaamn, you get insane character stats at creation.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Idachan

Quote from: Dominatrix Zulo-Kitty on February 12, 2006, 10:00:29 AM
What's wrong with female monsters? ^_^ I think they're more appealing then male monsters. ^_^

Then again, that's me. I tend to like what people don't like for some reason. Maybe it's a strive to be different.

I really liked ravishing Muse with a female zombie type of monster (not really icky, just like a big porcelain doll who wanted his blood)

Muse

Oh!  I remeber that!  It was awesome.  ::roar's a dominant for Ida.  ;):: 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ZK

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Idachan

:D  And often sexier than male monsters.

ZK

Yep. I also like goo women. ^_^

Well, jelly women. :D

Idachan

<.<
>.>

Sluagh puddle form, need I say more.

ZK

Hehe. That and I tend to take the prehensile tongue.

Make the ultimate lesbian. *laughs*

Idachan

Quote from: Dominatrix Zulo-Kitty on February 12, 2006, 11:41:26 AM
Hehe. That and I tend to take the prehensile tongue.

Make the ultimate lesbian. *laughs*

Don´t forget their flexibility.

ZK

I wasn't at all. But that's an innate trait and not a merit you have to buy like their blob form or prehensile tongue.

^_^

BigBlackGamer

Some additional parameters:

Allowed Races: Any humanoid.  I'm going to shy away from the "Mos Eisley Cantina" syndrome where you've got all these bizarre alien species in a party.  No gelatinous cubes, green slime, dragons, fungus-men, or intelligent octopi.  Youve got humans, elves (no drow!), dwarves, gnomes, halfings, and half-orcs.  If you want to go a little beyond that, we'll talk (especially if the character you want to play is a monster).  If you want to play something "sexy" or "cool," don't overlook the rich diversity in the human race itself (hint: not every character has to be from a Central or Western European-style society circa A.D. 1200.

Allowed classes: All the basic classes.  I'm going to write a list of deities shortly.  I'll certainly leave the door open for characters to develop into more exotic classes.  You also have the option of not choosing a class at this time--maybe your character is a farmer, a smith, a merchant, or a beginning sage, and doesn't want to choose a class.  That's fine--we'll work out skills and feats and whatnot.

Characters are mortal.  This concept overrides any changes made to D&D by 3.5 rules.  No matter how high in levels your character gets, no matter what class, what feats, your character will never gain the innate power to fart ancient red dragon breath, leap mountains in a single bound, raise herself from the dead, transform into a Terminator, take 500 hit points damage and keep fighting, gain thirteen attacks in a single round, etc.

The agenda of the game will largely be determined by the players.  I'll certainly throw out clues and hints.  But my job as DM is to create the world.  Your job as players is to figure out what you want to do in it.  You will not be shoehorned into the Quest to Find the Thirty-Nine Parts of the Ancient Scepter of World Domination.

ZK

I appologize for jacking your board, BBG, I just had to comment on the female monster thing. ^_^

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Dominatrix Zulo-Kitty on February 12, 2006, 05:44:47 PM
I appologize for jacking your board, BBG, I just had to comment on the female monster thing. ^_^

NP...and I think female monsters are cool.  I'm just not really into them for some reason.  But if someone wants to bring about a role-reversal and bring in an orcish dominatrix in leather who kidnaps young farmhands and has her way with them, I'm not going to exclude her.   ;D

Jefepato

Hey, BBG?  I didn't see your response.  Do you have the Monster Manual, or will you need me to send you the aranea stats?

BigBlackGamer

No, I don't have the 3.5MM, so if you could send me (or post) the stats, that would be good.  Thanx.

alahendra

Hey Big Black Gamer, most of the 3.5 monsters can be found here:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/monsters.htm

Although some are missing...
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

BigBlackGamer

ZK

Orcish Dominatrix. Kind of reminds me of an old One on One I did with Max. Except he was a soldier.

But as for gender roles? Booooo.  :P

Creeper

Sounds like you folks could use a magic user. How about a human farmer, now sorcerer?
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!