GLADIATOR! (If you're watching Spartacus, check here!!) GLADIATORS NEEDED!

Started by bubby, February 27, 2012, 03:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Are you watching the new Spartacus? Does it make your blood boil with the desire to be a Gladiator? Then your looking in the right place!

I'm looking to expand my character base. This is an already established game, and has been going on for quite a long while, but it would be quite easy to step in because we are a slow moving but steady group of players. Due to recent losses, I need new blood!

Interested? Have a gander at the main story so far, and also who's close to soon arriving to join! The Short Story: The old Dominus has up and left, taking most his household with him and leaving the Ludus in the hands of a woman, the respected wife of a rival Ludus.  A WOMAN! She is left to pick up the pieces, train a new Gladiatrix (who was purchased in the hopes the Ludus would be made popular and who wishes to see the new Doctore dead), and try to make herself known and respected in this field ruled by men. There is dissension in the ranks to say the least! Soon to arrive is the spoiled wife of a Dux Bellorum, seeking to possibly use the Gladiators of her 'good friend' Livia.

I'm definitelylooking for Gladiators, especially now since we've moved the story along, possibly a couple of slaves, and either a Praetor or Consul who would be a good rival for our current gorgeous Domina. COME JOIN MY AWESOME TEAM!

Jassara Sunn

Yaaay!!! I'm so glad you posted this! I absolutely love Spartacus!! Is there any room for another female??

bubby

Quote from: Jassara Sunn on February 27, 2012, 03:37:56 PM
Yaaay!!! I'm so glad you posted this! I absolutely love Spartacus!! Is there any room for another female??

That would depend on who you're looking to play?

Pumpkin Seeds

Jassara Sunn

Flower

Woots for interested people in our little group story! I would love to see some new characters, male and female.

Nothing like gladiators fighting in the ring with each other for blood, glory, and money.:)

bubby

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 27, 2012, 04:08:37 PM
Can count another female interested if there is room.

Quote from: Jassara Sunn on February 27, 2012, 04:17:54 PM
What's open for females?

At this point just slaves. We have all the strong females we need right now. It has been suggested by Flower (who plays Aelia) that she could use a wench slave for her Roman Lady. She is currently NPCing her own twin slaves, and is willing to allow one to be taken over IF you're willing to go with the background story she has created for them. If interested PM Dancing Flower. If not, she'd take on a new slave. I'm still waiting to hear back from our lovely Domina on her take on a player for a slave for her.

Flower

A little briefing on the twins is that their names are Valoria and Latona. I haven't thought of a last name for them since it isn't important to Aelia. They have been with Aelia since she was a child, which gives them certain rights and privileges over other slaves in her household. This isn't to say that they are treated like princesses, but it is very clear that they are a step above other servants. She views the twins as on the same level as her property rather than as friends so there would be no playful chatting between them. The twins are allowed to oversee housework and other duties when Aelia isn't in the mood to handle those affairs. Both of them have better quarters than other slaves as well. Aelia is a fickle person so the twins would be prone to physical violence from her such as being slapped or punished in some other type of way. She has also decreed since they were younger that if she ever found out one of them were spreading their legs for a lover, she would have them kicked out on the street. There is a reason behind this rule as well, which I can explain in pm if any one would like to play these npcs. Just because this rule is in place, doesn't mean you can't have this character to sneak around if you decide to make them your own.

Valoria is the good twin, which means she is perfectly fine with her role in life. She doesn't like risking her hide or position in Aelia's home. Latona is the bad twin, who is already interested in many things that are forbidden to her. So lol that's the twins, but I don't mind her having other slaves. :)

Kendra

Hi all I play Livia the Domina of Ludus Metalla
We definitely need more gladiators then we do house slaves - the game is slow moving enough that I've been fine npcing Livia's personal slave.
Yes the Ludus and her home would require other house slaves but I don't want this game to turn into a slave girl game, it is called Gladiator for a reason
So please show interest in being gladiators especially so we can have our day at the arena ;)

Flower

Quote from: Kendra on February 28, 2012, 02:29:25 AM
So please show interest in being gladiators especially so we can have our day at the arena ;)

I agree. Time to get some fights going and bets wagered on possible winners. :)

Kendra

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

then come  ...
entertain  audience  ...
entertain  blood thirsty mobs who would see men become gods

Will you be one?

Will You be one?

WILL YOU BE A GOD
... or blood upon the sand?

Will You Be A Gladiator?

RubySlippers

Anything against a female gladiator, a Gladiatrix . Maybe a fierce slave from the exotic lands to the East skilled in exotic weapons and fighting arts acquired in a wager by one side. Might make a nice bodyguard and conversation piece and she would have no issues killing anyone in the arena or any beast. If I recall they were banned in 200 AD well after the period we are in so they could be around.

bubby

Thank you for your interest Ruby, but I am playing the Gladiatrix in this game.

YOU RAWK KENDRA!

Flower

Kendra

It totally would DF ;)

it seems the blatant advertising is slow to work *grumbles*

bubby

Flower

Come on, folks. You know you want a day in the arena along with the treachery and backstabbing in the ludus.  ;)

JackWhite

I'm interested if some other games don't work out. I'd love to say I'm in but I have such a load of other things already

Flower

Well, I completely understand being full on games, Jack. I hope you will be able to join us in the future. Also, keep in mind that we are a slow paced game so there is no pressure to post every single day.  :-)

bubby

Quote from: JackWhite on March 04, 2012, 11:53:01 AM
I'm interested if some other games don't work out. I'd love to say I'm in but I have such a load of other things already

Hello Jack! As Flower mentioned, we are a very slow paced game. There are times 2-3 weeks go by before someone is able to post, and as long as an OOC note is occasionally made, I have no problem with it. Being slow has been what's kept the game alive.

If time ever opens up for you just shoot me a PM! We'd love to have you!

Flower

Still looking for male gladiators! Perfect time in-game for new characters to arrive.

KnowThySire

Okay... I haven't had a chance to look at the thread yet, although I think I peeked at it about a month ago, but I wanted to say that I'm in as a gladiator if you'll have me.
There can only be one king.

JackWhite

Quote from: Dancing flower on March 08, 2012, 10:51:31 AM
Still looking for male gladiators! Perfect time in-game for new characters to arrive.

I might throw in a character if it's slow paced

bubby

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on March 08, 2012, 06:30:00 PM
Okay... I haven't had a chance to look at the thread yet, although I think I peeked at it about a month ago, but I wanted to say that I'm in as a gladiator if you'll have me.

Have a gander! The link(s) is posted in the first reply...and hell YEAH we'd have you! Check out the story so far, and then shoot me a PM if you're still willing!!

Quote from: JackWhite on March 09, 2012, 01:31:03 AM
I might throw in a character if it's slow paced

Jack we are VERY slow paced, I promise you! Like I said, a post once every 2-3 weeks is pretty much the norm for this game. Some people don't like it, but it's worked well for us, and we'd be VERY pleased if you'd like to join! You can PM me as well if you'd like with any questions.

We are at a point in the story that we'll be not only getting a brotherhood mark for my Gladiatrix, but we're hoping soon to get an actual Arena game going eventually as well.

KrystalizedKiss

Can I join? How many characters am I allowed to play? :3 I'll throw in a dude charrie or two. x3
[ ~ My Plotting Corner! ~ ]
My O/O's | My A/A's
Status: Busy! Will try posting once every week to every other week at the current moment.[/font][/b]
"Expectations can often exceed reality."
RP's Active: ?