General Daxin's Offer (Fantasy, romance, lust. Open to all!)

Started by TSElephant, February 27, 2016, 11:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSElephant

Hey there! Welcome to my first ever partner search post on Elliquiy! Though I'm an experienced writer, I am admittedly not an experienced Elliquiy user. In addition to taking a peek at the prompt below, I'd love to hear any suggestions on how I can improve my posting technique.

If you discover that you're interested in this prompt, or simply have any questions at all, please, message me. I look forward to hearing from you.

oooooooooo

The poster was simple, so as not to confuse the eye, and just a couple of hours ago, the town crier read it out for those who never had a chance to become literate. Such a population would be small in His Highness' kingdom, as King Julius III was always offering countless opportunities to his people in an effort to better his land as a whole, but in such a distant, outlying village, such people might still exist.

No one was surprised by a freshly offered opportunity for growth from His Highness. What had the town buzzing was the nature of the offering. As you now read the parchment, it becomes clear just what has everyone so excited.

QuoteSir Farayl Regat Daxin, General of the Nou-Occitan Army, requests the presence of any man or woman who believes they possess a gift which would make them valuable as a member of Daxin's Myrmidons.

You've heard of the Myrmidons before... A small collection of people, perhaps three dozens, all of whom answer only to General Daxin and the King himself. Unbound by law, when they aren't taking orders, they roam the land and far beyond, searching for ways to serve the people. Daeva, the sorceress, only two months ago ended a year long drought in the northern province. Last week, Neil the Rogue was heard from for the first time in almost two years, announcing that he'd successfully 'acquired' half a dozen ancient artifacts which had fallen into the hands of powerful evildoers. Brillien the Paladin just passed through your town last season on his way to end a series of gnoll raids on a nearby village. These people are unique, varied, and very special.

QuoteIn two days time, the General's proxy will arrive to take preliminary auditions, and will provide transport for those who show promise. Any who pass these preliminaries, but for whatever reason does not qualify for a position among the Myrmidons, will be sent home with a considerable compensation of coin. The General hopes that such a promise will ensure that anyone who believes they can serve the Kingdom in such a potent and important way will audition, regardless of financial or social standing.

The poster ends with General Daxin's formal signature, immediately alongside his informal one; marked with brilliant scarlet ink is a massive hand print, instantly recognizable as the General's by the course paw-pads and dagger-like claws upon three long, dexterous, dangerous fingers and single opposable thumb. It's true that the Sergals had forged peaceful relations with the Kingdom of Nou-Occitan nearly a decade ago, but some still feared Daxin's kind.

Will you show yourself to be unique enough to be worthy of training among the Myrmidons? Will you even be able to look past the General's hide to see the man beneath?

I've been caught staring at my shadow.
I can explain, though the reasons are shallow.
I want to see if the light can pass through me.
I want to see how dark things are around me.

-Huge Paws, Hyi
My On's and Off's
Current Cravings
My Old Prompts