Any One Piece fans? - Marine needed

Started by Kaizen, August 26, 2010, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 12:35:49 PM
I don't have any objections to that concept.

You will need to think of a weakness to your character's power.  You don't have to tell me or wolfy, but there does need to be a balance.  Just like wolfy's character will have the weakspot scale.

Easy she's more susceptible to fire. Like Crocodiles major weakness was water (as in more so then any other power.)  Another point is it's a cutting power so in the end she can't take as many hits as the others or deal as much damage with blunt strikes.

Kaizen

I like it even more now.  Good stuff.

Time for me to research fishman karate...

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 12:41:46 PM
I like it even more now.  Good stuff.

Time for me to research fishman karate...

XD Thanks it seems like we have a similar desire in rping.

Kaizen

I've started to contemplate the opening of the story.

A small pirate ship (boat) docks in the seaside village of our characters and we will steal their ship.  They should undoubtedly chase after us...  Onboard the ship, will find the map to DKDBSD's fruit and that will be the starting point.

We will have either a fight with the pirates we stole the ship from or some sort of guardian of the devil's fruit - or both.

If either player wants to add to the story or has a good idea for direction, your input is welcome.  I really do want to keep this a group effort.  Also, we need to think up a name for our crew!

Here's my character concept:

Kaizokusame (Kai)

Tigershark Fishman

Orphaned from The Grand Line when he was but a newborn, Kaizokusame was raised by merfolk in South Blue.  As a result of his upbringing, he did not adopt the violent nature of his kin sharkmen. 

A practitioner of Fishman Karate, Kaizokusame is a lowly level 20 (equal to purple belt) He dreams of traveling the Grand Line and becoming a Fishman Karate Master.  His ultimate goal is to find Fishman Island and train with the best in Fishman Dojo. (I have read the list of fishman karate moves on wiki and have adopted some of the low level ones - as my character grows, he will learn new and stronger moves)

Kaizokusame possesses Haki, but he does not realize it yet.

Wolfy

Hmm...o3o I think I will go with my Yamato No Orochi Idea for a devil fruit power. :P Of course, being a dragon, he's also going to have a little more than just a sword pulled from the tail (An unbreakable, Legendary sword, at that)...like fire breathing...or water control (With his sword)...as Japanese Dragons (Which the Orochi is, of course) were known as Deities of water...well, kind of. They were associated with water, anyway..Most were, anyway. o3o

Also..apparently the Manga is going to do a Time skip 2 years ahead. o3o or that's what it looks like, anyway. :D

Kaizen

Quote from: Wolfy on August 27, 2010, 02:47:17 PM
Hmm...o3o I think I will go with my Yamato No Orochi Idea for a devil fruit power. :P Of course, being a dragon, he's also going to have a little more than just a sword pulled from the tail (An unbreakable, Legendary sword, at that)...like fire breathing...or water control (With his sword)...as Japanese Dragons (Which the Orochi is, of course) were known as Deities of water...well, kind of. They were associated with water, anyway..Most were, anyway. o3o

I've read the myth and thought of a way to moderate your character's growth.  If you agree we can move on. The sword should be huge, about the size of Hawk Eye's big sword.  At first your character will not be able to use it, but as he grows stronger, he will be able to handle the 'burden' of the sword and learn techniques.  The control of elements would take it a little over the top, but I would accept fire breathing or water breathing.  What do you think?

Wolfy

Might work...don't forget that the Yamato No Orochi is literally mountainous, too..so..he's BIG when fully transformed. (Like, holy **** where did that planet come from? O_O big)

DKDBSD

Erm on that his max six should be limited to maybe the size or orrs. So a massive giant.

Kaizen

OK, yeah, if he's that big, then the sword should be big too.  I like it.  His huge size is actually a disadvantage.  We should set a minimum size to him in that form.  Half mile at his base? or is that too small?  Also, it will be very difficult not to attract the attention of the navy with a power like that. 

Also, I would like a little elaboration on the hybrid form.  Only advanced characters could manipulate to the degree that you described earlier.  While I would love to eventually reach that point in this RP, we just aren't there yet.  If the creature is mountainous, perhaps a true 50/50 humanoid hybrid would make your character the size of the giants in the series. (Then you could handle the sword no problem too)

I'm liking this more and more, What do you think?

DKDBSD

I know it's not my character but that sounds fair. Kimi ultimate techniques are tornado's and maelstroms and the like.

Wolfy

That sounds fine, I suppose. o3o Though, I expect him to eventually learn not to change size fairly early on. lol

And being that big has it's advantages too. :P Hybrid form would also have at least 2 other heads (Dragon heads) or more, depending on how much he shifts....I think Hybrid would be about the size of Oars, but Full form would be much bigger. (Able to step on even Oars. o3o)..though of course, that would draw alot of attention, which is why he doesn't use it much. :P (Course, I can think of a few times when he will use it..such as becoming airborne and wanting to crush..well..EVERYTHING. xD)

DKDBSD

Being that much bigger then Oors is too big even choppers monster form isn't that big. :/ But thats my view.

Wolfy

Quote from: DKDBSD on August 27, 2010, 03:20:47 PM
Being that much bigger then Oors is too big even choppers monster form isn't that big. :/ But thats my view.

Well, I didn't mean he was Taller than Oars, I meant that he would be wider than Oars. o3o Let's just say he'd be able to body-slam the big guy.

Kaizen

There's also the issue like Chopper has when he takes too much damage.  Mindless monster that destroys everything... it could happen.  Where we will be at in the story, I doubt that are going to be many places to transform that big without falling into the sea.  (instant death, no one would be big enough to save you)

I like the giant sized hybrid, and half mile at the base (two to three times Oars size) fully transformed.  Anything bigger would seriously limit the RP as a whole.  And at that size he would be very limited in his fighting capabilities, especially against a logia. 

Can the creature fly?  That would be too strong if it could, I also think it should be fairly slow like the other large creatures in the series.  I'm trying to find a good balance so we can start monday.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 03:33:46 PM
There's also the issue like Chopper has when he takes too much damage.  Mindless monster that destroys everything... it could happen.  Where we will be at in the story, I doubt that are going to be many places to transform that big without falling into the sea.  (instant death, no one would be big enough to save you)

I like the giant sized hybrid, and half mile at the base (two to three times Oars size) fully transformed.  Anything bigger would seriously limit the RP as a whole.  And at that size he would be very limited in his fighting capabilities, especially against a logia. 

Can the creature fly?  That would be too strong if it could, I also think it should be fairly slow like the other large creatures in the series.  I'm trying to find a good balance so we can start monday.

I'm all for starting sooner. XD The Myth says nothing about flight.

Kaizen

Quote from: DKDBSD on August 27, 2010, 03:42:46 PM
I'm all for starting sooner. XD The Myth says nothing about flight.

Great!  I must warn y'all - Saturday and Sunday usually keep me very busy.  Last weekend I didn't have an opportunity to post anything...  It is monday-friday where I will be online most of the time.  I'll try to get us started Sunday, but more than likely it will be monday.

Kaizen

Quote from: DKDBSD on August 26, 2010, 06:13:53 PM
when is this set exactly?

I missed this Q ~

I think it being set between Roger's death and before Luffy's story begins will be fine, although I'm open to suggestions as always.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 03:49:05 PM
Great!  I must warn y'all - Saturday and Sunday usually keep me very busy.  Last weekend I didn't have an opportunity to post anything...  It is monday-friday where I will be online most of the time.  I'll try to get us started Sunday, but more than likely it will be monday.

Oh I see well starting on Sunday would be awesome but that sounds fine now that I know why.

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 03:51:55 PM
I missed this Q ~

I think it being set between Roger's death and before Luffy's story begins will be fine, although I'm open to suggestions as always.

That would work that or after Luffy's story but we know very little about the ten or so years between Rogers death and Luffy's journey. It also means we could have a lot of our own marine officers.

Wolfy

No, the Orochi can't fly..and don't forget, in his full form he would have 8 heads, so 8 brains all thinking at once. :P

DKDBSD

Haki! We now know more about it this might be a spoiler but Kaizen do you want me or Wolfy to explain it? It's pretty important really.

Kaizen

Yes, please explain it so we're all on the same page.  I was just going to use it in the capacity of the premonitions for attacks.  I'm not sure if I would develop the haki in my character, I was just really waiting to see how the story progresses and if my character would need to become more powerful just to be competitive.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 29, 2010, 12:20:27 PM
Yes, please explain it so we're all on the same page.  I was just going to use it in the capacity of the premonitions for attacks.  I'm not sure if I would develop the haki in my character, I was just really waiting to see how the story progresses and if my character would need to become more powerful just to be competitive.

(Sorry if there are any spoilers I assume you are up todate with the latest arc in the anime. If no pm me and I will edit the post.)

Well by the looks it's a power needed only for the "New World" Affectively it comes in three "colours" one is defensive and offensive, one is Mantra and one is whats used to knock people out. Like what Luffy has used subconsciously or was used by Raileigh consciously. As of this week they come in these categories

The Colour of Observation - This is the one used the most and allows for people to detect enemy attacks. This is Mantra.
The Colour of Armaments - This one is described as a suit of armour and allows for uber defence and offence it is used by Vega Punks sumo body guard and Hancocks younger sisters. This is what allows a non DF user to counter DF abilities including Logia and uber Zoan's like the Ancient and Mythical variety. From what it shows it affectively neutralises the ability and puts the fighters on a more even scale. Armaments can also be used with weapons hence the Amazon arrows.
The colour of the Conqueror - This is the knocking out one it apparently cannot be trained like the other two and is in the words of what I'm reading "This power is measured by the users spirit and nothing more it can only be reinforce through personal growth." This is obviously why Luffy's is so powerful what with him wanting to the the king and declaring it all the time (I figure it got a boost when he told the others to retreat at Shabondy.) This is the most difficult to acquire.

Affectively everyone has Haki but all characters who use it lean more towards a specify type. Kimiko would be Observation and Kain would be Armaments. At the same time you can strengthen it by the sounds but it's not exactly explained how probably generic anime training. XD Thats it summerised everything that has been confirmed about Haki. Enjoy.

Kaizen

I'm getting ready to watch the latest episode after I finish typing this.  My character would use the observation haki.  I read about it on wiki and the only instance I remember seeing it was in the fight with the boa sisters.  So that was all I had to go on.

Thanks!

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 29, 2010, 12:49:55 PM
I'm getting ready to watch the latest episode after I finish typing this.  My character would use the observation haki.  I read about it on wiki and the only instance I remember seeing it was in the fight with the boa sisters.  So that was all I had to go on.

Thanks!

Raileigh uses it as well. I missed this point but Haki is Haki, it's just three forms of the same thing however people would gravitate towards a certain variation. All who use Haki would be capable of using it. I guess game wise it would work on this a character would always have two extra bonus points for a certain Haki.

Erm Kain (when he was a pirate in one form) earned the nickname Haki Yoma (Ambition demon) because he as a rookie pirate (ok he'd been at sea for a few years by this point) managed to shake up a marine captain and LT mind if I have that vibe for this? Basically he'd have Haki (still uncontrolled at the beginning)) already where as Kimiko would need to learn to use it later on.

DKDBSD

Lets hope if lasts that long.

Also when will this start tonight?