Marvel Apocalypse - (Interest Check)

Started by Veluux, October 28, 2012, 12:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

sounds good, im open to tweaking as obviously, this is a differnt jake all together im making, so bring on the PM

MaiMizzu

If I may, after we get the final roster together.. can we perhaps have a relationship thread? As in like.. each person posts the relationship they have to each of the other characters? Does that make sense? Since we all have differing levels of knowledge of the marvel universe, it might help us all to be on the same page.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Vaulera

Well, Blade's relationship with everyone else is... there isn't one. DONE, Blade complete.

Veluux

Quote from: MaiMizzu on October 29, 2012, 07:44:25 PM
If I may, after we get the final roster together.. can we perhaps have a relationship thread? As in like.. each person posts the relationship they have to each of the other characters? Does that make sense? Since we all have differing levels of knowledge of the marvel universe, it might help us all to be on the same page.

I've participated in one of these in another group game and I thought it did do a good job of pulling together a cast of odditites. It's a little time consuming - but since we are mostly all playing canon characters we won't really be doing character bios. It would be a good replacement - let everyone get a feel for each person's take on their character and the way they plan on interacting with others.

Great idea I think.

I will get the roster put together and posted by Thursday and boot up a relationship thread so people can work on it over the weekend. Maybe we'll be ready to launch sometime next week?

Still looking for GM candidates, by the way. PM me if you're interested - it's really not as intimidating as it seems. My first time GMing on E I was filling in for someone who ended up permanently going MIA, and I realized it's not that bad at all. It's kind of fun to put all the pieces together and guide the story. Anyhow, enough ranting - off to bed for me!

(Sorry if I couldn't get to everyone's questions tonight, I'll try to hit a few each day - but nothing big will happen until Thursday night - late. Like 9 or 10pm MST.)

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Kuroneko

I would personally like to do character bios just because I have a different take on the characters I'd like to play, but that's just me. 
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

VoluptuousVixen

Agreed with kyroneko can we do character bios?
Im torn on my second character, Invisable Woman ore Black Widow.
My issue with Susan is I dont like Mr Fantastic all that much and the face she`s a mom to two kids.
So despite her kickass power set mabye I should just play my ol faveourite Black Widow.

Im willing to help out with the modding but we need a third party.

TheVillain

Hell, I'll just go all the way and do it. :P

Name: Kurt Wagner
Alias: Nightcrawler
Identity: Secret but known to some authorities such as the British and German governments.
Bio: Ah, the lives of mutants. Such strange and wonderful things sometimes. Sometimes not so wonderful. For example- Mystique. She figured out very quickly after getting her powers that she could take forms that looked male. Of course, what she discovered along with her then teammate/lover Destiny that sometimes those forms don't just look male but they are male when Destiny got pregnant. A little weirded out to say the least; and perhaps understandably so, especially since the baby boy had blue skin, pointed ears, fangs, and a tail; they ended up giving the baby to Margali Szardos- a sorceress and gypsy queen posing as a circus fortune teller.

Raised among the Bavarian Circus, Kurt would become a star acrobat and trapeze artist leading a surprisingly blessed life. It helped that those who knew that he wasn't wearing a costume were circus people who knew a few other 'freaks' as well. He'd taste stardom, adventure, love, and drama for the first time under the big top and never get enough. Unfortunately the circus would get bought up by an American Millionaire who, among other things, began chaining up and drugging Kurt so that he'd be part of the sideshow and not one of the main acts. Released by a young boy, Kurt would threaten the owner into being a better Circus owner then run away.

He'd be introduced to the larger world of superheroics when he actually managed to stop a serial killer with magical powers, but the witnesses saw his demonic appearance and believed he was the killer. The resulting manhunt would end up with Kurt meeting Charles Xavier and joining the X-Men.

Nightcrawler has been an X-Man and a member of a British team called Excalibur as a sort of modern day Swashbuckler. He even tried being a Priest for a while but discovered that the Nun who presided over his vows only did so because she hated mutants and she wanted revenge on the Catholic Church for covering up the fact that she was raped by another priest. Intending to get revenge against both Mutants and the Church in one fell swoop by exposing Kurt as 'Satan'- Kurt would eventually foil the plan but because of her motivations he'd learn that his vows didn't count. Between the conflict and his growing unease with the child abuse scandals, Kurt Wagner would eventually decide to not try to renew his vows. He hasn't lost his faith in God, but he has lost faith in the Church.

Not that he was that good of a Catholic anyway. A Swashbuckler who loves adventure at heart, his luck with the ladies has been joked at as another power. One not quite as funny now, in one such adventure he met a time travelling superheroine from the future codenamed Nocturne who claimed that at some point in the near future he would impregnate the Scarlet Witch. Considering Nocturne also had yellow eyes, blue skin, and a tail he wasn't about to ask for a DNA test. Now that he doesn't know if Wanda is even alive or dead, that seems more cruel then funny.

Powers:
Teleportation - Perhaps his trademark ability, Nightcrawler is well known to be a skilled teleporter. His range leaves something to be desired, only a few miles at most, but with practice and cleverness he's worked out quite a few tricks and tactics that make BAMF a noise almost as feared as Wolverine's SNIKT. He also seems to have some sort of unconscious ESP ability to prevent teleporting into solid objects.

Invisibility - Discovered by accident, it turns out that in poorly lit environments Kurt can turn completely invisible.

Abilities:
Acrobatics - In part due to theorized minor mutations along his spine to deal with a tail and in part simply due to a lifetime of training, Kurt's agility and acrobatic ability is at LEAST on par with gold medal Olympic gymnasts and may qualify as low-level superhuman agility.

Hand-to-Hand Combat - Between his agility and training from the X-Men, Kurt is considered an accomplished martial artist. Nowhere near Iron Fist's level to be sure- but he'd put in a respectful showing in the Olympics.

Swordsmanship - While his Martial Art skills are considered certainly respectful, he's considered nothing short of a World Master at Fencing. The X-Men's expert Swordsman, with a blade in one hand he's an absolute nightmare- with a blade in two hands and his powers he's managed to fend squadrons of Doom-bots by himself. With a blade in each hand and a blade held by his prehensile tail. . .

Equipment:
Swords - When the situation is dire Kurt makes sure to carry at least two fencing blades, often three so he can use his tail as well.

Image Inducer - Thanks to technology developed by the X-Men, he can use a holographic devise built into a wristwatch to appear like a normal human. This disguise only makes him Look normal.

Faith - Formerly a Priest, Kurt's religious Faith has often driven him to face dangers even more powerful teammates have taken pause over. Not a Zeolet exactly, but does devoutly believe that there is a God and an afterlife.

NightCrawler - Marvel Ultimate Alliance

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Veluux

Hold on to your character bios for the moment. This thread has enough going on in it, I dont want it to fill up with a bunch of stuff. I will make a character bio thread and give you all a format that includes relationship information. So hold on posting them for the moment. I will be creating an actual recruitment thread since we have so much interest. Ill also make a character bio thread for approved characters/canon-claims. Everyone who has claimed a character already ill have locked in.

Thanks for the patience.

apygoos

has tony stark been solidly claimed? if not id like to play him as a canon along side my OC

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Veluux

- GM UPDATE -

The official recruitment thread is live, the link for it is HERE. I have made a few adjustments based on the discussions that went on in the previous interest thread (PMs incoming for those who were seeking to play original characters). I also made it so that while everyone is entitled to play two characters, only their first one can be 'claimed'. If another player wants to use that character as their primary character than they can't be used for someone's secondary character. So if you have a preference on who that primary character should be - let me know now so I can quickly change it and avoid confusions. PM me asap with your primary character. I tried my best to put down the first choice characters that everyone had seemed to post. Let me know if I've erred.

Thanks! I will be launching an OOC Thread in a few moments, so please do not post in the new recruitment thread with any OOC banter or questions not related to recruiting and not already covered in the revised plot and information. Much appreciated!

- Veluux

EDIT: OOC and Plot Discusion Thread is live: HERE

Kuroneko

Just a note to Veluux and everyone else, since this game is going to be taking place in the Non Con forums, I'll be dropping out.

Good luck with the game, everyone!  I'm sure it'll be great fun :-). 
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Madriv