Memorials.

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 22, 2011, 11:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

A friend and I were talking, mostly about politics and how the sacrifice of those who serve this country seems to be marginalized by the media. I looked around for memorials aside from the military. The only one I know of right off the bat is one that some folks will find controversial.

The CIA Memorial Wall
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_Memorial_Wall

Anyone know of any others?

Oniya

They've begun work on a Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Plaza in D.C.  The website includes, among other things, an onsite construction cam that lets you look back to any given date.  Personally, I think this is quite a sacrifice in service of this country.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on January 23, 2011, 12:25:47 AM
They've begun work on a Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Plaza in D.C.  The website includes, among other things, an onsite construction cam that lets you look back to any given date.  Personally, I think this is quite a sacrifice in service of this country.

Nice. I get the feeling that it's going to have the silent power that you get when you see the Vietnam Memorial (or the smaller version that tours the country)

Sure

An incomplete list of non-military memorials in the US:
The Washington Monument
The Lincoln Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
Grant's Tomb
Civil Rights Memorial
9/11 Memorial
September 11th Memorial and Museum
9/11 Memorial Archive
Oklahoma City Memorial
Strawberry Fields Memorial
Fallen Astronaut Memorial

Callie Del Noire

Nearly everyone has seen the first three that Sure listed, so I went online and did a virtual look over the rest.

Grant's Tomb

Civil Rights Memorial

9/11 Memorial in Bayonne, NJ

9/11 Memorial in Second Life

9/11 Memorial at Logan International Airport , Boston

September 11th Memorial and Museum

Oklahoma City Memorial

Strawberry Fields Memorial

Fallen Astronaut Memorial