What's cooking?

Started by Kalen, April 01, 2008, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor LaCroix

Yes, I had one of those lol

All in all, I really didn't like how the bread turned out. I just like something the hard way ;)
A taste is Simply Divine

Victor LaCroix

Yes, I had one of those lol

but, really, all in all... I just didn't like the way the bread came out of that machine. It just wasn't the same as making it from scratch. what can I say, I like somethings the hard way!
A taste is Simply Divine

Malrunar

Aleksandr

Insert witticism. But before I do that, I gotta throw up my Ons and Offs, right? Let's see if I can find them... AHA. Got'em.

Dawg

Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cups (8 ounces) grated Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
1 package (22.5 ounces) frozen toaster hash brown patties, thawed (10 patties)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
12 eggs
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
8 ounces thickly sliced deli ham
4-5 green onions with tops, divided (1 cup sliced)
3 plum tomatoes
Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with oil using Silicone Basting Brush. Grate cheese. Crumble hash browns over bar pan; press gently into an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over hash browns. Bake 13-15 minutes or until crust starts to brown and cheese is melted.

2. Meanwhile, in Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add eggs and black pepper; whisk until smooth. On Cutting Board, coarsely chop ham. Slice green onions, reserving 1/4 cup of the tops for garnish. Place ham and remaining green onions into (8-in.) Sauté Pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir ham mixture into egg mixture.

3. Remove bar pan from oven to Cooling Rack. Pour egg mixture over crust. Return bar pan to oven; bake 6-8 minutes or until center is set. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes in half lengthwise; scrape out seeds and dice. Remove bar pan from oven; top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and reserved green onions. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired. Cut into squares and serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

EDIT: Changed things up a little, fried crispy and crumbled bacon (yum), more green onions (8), one less hash brown pattie (9), and added tomatoes and remaining cheese before putting back into the oven so tomatoes set in the melted cheese.

Garnished with Choreg (Homemade Armenian Bread), Coffee and fresh peach Nectar.

Time for dishes and maybe go to watch the ice sculpture competition at the park.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Aeval

sounds deliscious Dawg..can I come to your house for breakfast!  :)

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Dawg

Morning Aeval *hugs* Sure, heading up to make them now.  See you around later tonight maybe.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bliss

Pork chops.

More specifically, pork chops thoroughly tenderized and heavily sprinkled with salt and fresh ground pepper top and bottom, laid in a baking dish with cored apple thickly sliced over it, and a couple tablespoons of oil poured overall. Put in an oven, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncovered and cooked for another 30, basting frequently.

Oh. my. god.
Sogood.
om.
nom.
m.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MusicNeverDies

*revives the thread*

Cheddar cheese pasta with elbow noodles, broccoli and carrots, and a side of cheese bread.

saturnschild

California Rolls.

*thinks to self*

Don't really cook sushi but yeah that and miso soup.
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Moogabi

Seafood Fra Diavlo

Fresh shrimp & scallops in a San Marzano tomato sauce (made stove-top) with leeks, garlic and fresh thyme.  Special "stuff" in the marinade includes cayenne, chipotle chili powder and crushed red pepper - all in conservative amounts.

The whole thing is plated over fettuccine & served with a nice chardonnay or Riesling.

Very light, awesome flavours, and just the right of heat to the back of the throat.

Anyone hungry??

Tankou

Sour Cream sauce, and pasta

Make pasta of choice, cook to Al dente. Add sour cream, and spice to preferred flavor. Can be many different flavors from savory to spicy, but always is good ^_^

MusicNeverDies

Belladonna

This evening’s meal consisted of a small tossed green salad and Ranch Dressing. It was soon followed by Fettuccine in Mushroom Alfredo sauce, with the pleasant addition of shrimp and broccoli florets.

Accompanying the dish was a few pieces of garlic toast.

Oniya

Goulash - 2 pounds of beef (made into meatballs), a big can of tomato juice, an onion, and a few random cans of veggies thrown in the slow cooker for all day.

Rice will be started later.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MusicNeverDies

Garlic and herb rotini.

WyldRanger

Carrot and Rice soup with a dash of sliced and chopped up ham mixed in for flavor.

MusicNeverDies

Mordred

Soon... sausage (british bangers), eggs (poached hopefully), toast (umm yeah, toast).
*See Pillory*

Mortigan DeLoncre

So.. other people cooked it but my General Tso Chicken was great!

Mordred

At the moment... my brain. Marinated with a bit of wine... but hmmm... earlier it was... *thinking, forgot... hold on... hmmm*... *it's slowly coming*... oh was just a chicken breast with some veggies... and cottage cheese (but that, phew, wasn't cooked)...
*See Pillory*

BaronS

Well at this current moment nothing, but for dinner tonight I'm planning on doing these: Lamb Koftas.

The family always goes back for more, and if not then after freezing them for a day or two they taste a whole heap better.  Win-win situation.
Gone Walkabout. 

Will return.

Mithlomwen

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and corn. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Ket

Turkey and cheese wrap with lettuce, strawberries, zucchini and pine nuts.  And a little tiny bit of mayo. 

So yummy!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

MusicNeverDies

Grilled Cheese. Can't beat a classic.