News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Been working on it off the compy, almost done :)

TyKing

The boobs are nice but that red hair is sexy as hell.

Vengurd

Vamf, heads up man, no warning before Covenant attack.

Vengurd

No, I am saying we didn't have two-three days to prepare for it. We had some few hours at most.

Vengurd

Yes, you did. The Events of the roleplay have so far encompassed two whole days (likely going on the third day pretty soon). If I can direct you to the first of his comment he said 'suggest' meaning that you can take it or leave it or do a variation. The choice is yours, I simply gave you a friendly heads-up, if you don't like getting heads-up or constructive criticism, this topic might not be for you.

My point still stands, there was no real warning, there was little time to prep.

Sushi

I think it's like this.

Any of the characters involved in this RP were pretty much in the local area when crap hit the fan. So your Marine or ODST would be on the Hercules or another ship orbiting Earth, patrolling basically. Then the covvie appeared and anybody on hand was deployed in a few hours. Anybody not at the immediate scene could take days to get there if they're on Earth, or weeks if they're stationed out of system. So all the characters involved right this moment would have be either in a nearby land base (on the East coast), a MAC gun station or a spacecraft in orbit.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Excellent explanations of the current situation Sushi and Vengurd, thanks for helping him out.

What they said is true Vamfire, all of our characters had very very little time to prep for the situation our characters find themselves in, namely, trapped in a Covenant over run New York City our communications jammed for the most part. Vengurd's character Patric, just took out one of the jammer's recently, opening up communications between my character, his character, NPC Jacob's team (which is Ashia's domain), and HQ but, only in that little spot that probably encompasses a two, maybe three block radius.

Also to keep in mind is that our characters were prepared to invade a Covenant Cruiser, and it blasted away at the last second, thus the reason for our predicament. So everything underneath that cruiser, is either destroyed due to the massive concussion wave, or without power due to the EMP pulse. We're coming up on our third day surviving in NYC, and none of our characters have eaten anything other than maybe a ration or two, we've been fighting off Covenant for the majority of the time. So, our exhaustion and hunger will probably be starting to show.

Especially with my character, since I just put him through a major wreck, lol. It's partially why I've been taking so long in making this latest post because I have to take everything into consideration, plus my own character's background, and how he'll react to it. It's all good though because I'm having alot of fun.

I'll have my post up today sometime, not sure when. I'll have to reread your post again Vamfire, to have an opinion on that. Been a very busy week for me and I'm exhausted to be honest.

I hope you all are having fun too btw, lol :D

Btw Vamfire, this is exactly why you read what's been going on in the roleplay thread, so that you do know this stuff.

The Golden Touch

So just poof, your character is there? Where's the backstory? The creativity? Why is your character where he is? How did he get there? What has drawn him into THIS particular story?

I didn't realize reading was such a task. I'm a Game Master of a game that's been going on for several years. That's 1000+ posts plus the newest. Many of our group games have atleast 100 new posts a day. It is not uncommon to have to read that many to catch up.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Gladiator0161

Yes, you're taking part in writing a story, and stories have consistency. I'm very surprised that I'm having to explain this to you.

This might not be the best thread for you, as you don't seem willing to put forth any effort in trying to understand what is happening in the thread, or even writing your character's actions.

I reread your post and I didn't get a feel for your character, all I took away from your post is that he is very self motivating and a god-send to the UNSC, which is very uninteresting.
I'd suggest trying another roleplay thread that is less demanding, if there is one.

Gladiator0161

Your sarcastic childish comments are starting to tick me off Vamfire, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask that you leave our roleplay thread.

While you may have had something in mind already, a two day back flash isn't that big of a deal, and you are making it one, and if you want to know what's going on in the thread, which I can only assume that you don't from your responses, you will read everything that has been happening thus far. Since you want to do your own thing, I suggest you do it somewhere else. Sorry.

I hope you have luck with someone else.

Gladiator0161

It does if you want it to, which you don't. I believe I asked you to leave. Please do it before I call an Admin or a Mentor to handle the situation.

The Golden Touch

Oh, I meant to ask- TyKing is it okay with you if Adelaine shows up to save his ass?

The Golden Touch

Always with the last word. Ye Gods.

-waves bye bye-

Good luck finding a new game!

Gladiator0161

If he says anything else on this OOC, I'll be contacting an Admin.

I've already sent Saffron, a Lady Mentor, a message explaining the situation. We've roleplayed together in the past I believe, and I just wanted her to know what was going on.

Now it's time for lunch so that I can relax, get some energy and then post. I hated having to do that but, he was really being obnoxious.

Gladiator0161

You asked for it you little snot. I've sent Vekseid, an Admin a PM explaining the situation.

The Golden Touch

-rubs temples-

This is uncalled for and completely belligerent, Vamfire. Please stop coloring my role playing experience by raining yourself all over this game.

The Golden Touch

Whether or not you mean to, you have. This is a game I have enjoyed in the past, and have only recently retuned to now that I am not away for the military. Provoking the GM and Creator if the game is poor form, as well as showing just how inappropriate and belligerent you have let yourself be. This game is not for you, and Gladiator has asked you to leave. Elliquiy is a large community with many games, you would do better to find another group game here or post to find your own.

Gladiator0161

Just ignore him people, he's a whiney little child with self esteem issues. The more we reply, the more fuel we give him. Basic bully mentality 101.

The Golden Touch

You couldn't just private message one? Instead you're still here.

Mithlomwen

Everyone stop. 

Vamfire, if you are not part of the game, you need to stop posting here.

Gladiator, please stop the name calling. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

The Golden Touch

-sighs-

And then it comes down to staff running interference. Apologies go to you, Mith. Thank you for doing what I had hoped would not be necessary.

ashia starstreak

Shana invites herself onto Hunter's lap and watches the room quietly. Glancing up to Hunter she offers a wink then turns to the group. Rubbing her palms together she says, "Alright team, now that yer heated disscussion is over, I was thinking about just posting up to the point where Hunter and I are stuck. Gladiator is well informed of what will happen on our end..but I figure if I can do this, I can take some control over Jacobs for a lil bit until the whole group gets together..." Shana had to clear her throat as she rubbed the back of her head. Giving speeches was something, the woman was too familar withand had to stop herself before it became too long. She wasn't sure if she made much sense so she rephrased it. "Would it be okay with everyone if I went out of turn of post order until Hunter and I get stuck?"

Crossing her arms, the marine thought that made good enough sense to her.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Gladiator0161

My apologies Mith, I will of-course stop. Just please get him out of here.

Ashia, that's fine, I'm working on a post currently but, it won't be done for a little while. Long post yay! Well, for me anyway, lol.

Vengurd

Thank you Mith. I got on here and I saw this little....child posting and I was on the verge of exploding on the poor thing until I saw your post. I thank you and apologize that you had to come in here. Usually we're able to handle our issues with a bit of maturity, which says something about this time around.

TyKing

Quote from: The Golden Touch on May 26, 2012, 01:32:05 PM
Oh, I meant to ask- TyKing is it okay with you if Adelaine shows up to save his ass?

Yep. :)

Feel free to PM me if you need details, Fry's POV etc.