Quest for the ShadowGate: A high fantasy adventure! (Still Recruiting)

Started by Phoenixrisen, March 13, 2018, 06:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

As a note on The Shadow, should we get there, that will be the one part of this campaign almost entirely controlled by me. It will be highly curated, because it is in part a test of character to see if they are worthy of the prize they will receive. That said, The Shadow is a magical rift left over from bringing the Fey folk over to Sakura, it is pure divine energy watched over by the Keeper who given what is at stake takes the task very seriously. Anything can happen there, and if you have ideas about what you'd like to happen for your character above and beyond what is in the character sheet and whatever notes I take during the campaign to get there, if we do, please feel free to PM them my way so I can work them into the plans that I create.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Galanthor

Hmm...still got some room?
I have this idea of playing some kind chronicler, that sees himself more than a follower of the group, writing songs and tales of there exploits even though he end up supporting them wherever he can.

...or a cook! I'd like to be a fantasy cook. :D

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Galanthor on March 24, 2018, 04:16:09 PM
I have this idea of playing some kind chronicler, that sees himself more than a follower of the group, writing songs and tales of there exploits even though he end up supporting them wherever he can.

The DM-Npc is a bard already telling the tale, so far be it from me to speak for the DM, but that might get tricky, unless you two get together and plan two vastly opposing stories, one where the bard is a loving, caring individual, one where her true, sinister side comes out, The Last Ringbearer style. :P

Perhaps doing the cook would be easier though. Delicious in Dungeon style? *chuckles*
"Malnutrition is worse than monsters!"

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Galanthor on March 24, 2018, 04:16:09 PM

You're welcome to make whatever kind of character you'd like, Deva is correct however in that the tale of our adventure is being told by my bard. Really though it's up to you what you play. I can work with just about anything.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Galanthor

Ah guess something is wrong there.

Well...Cook it is then...

...OR elven radish farmer...I mean...those have to exist, right? Where do elves get their food?

Quote from: Deva on March 24, 2018, 04:48:51 PM
The DM-Npc is a bard already telling the tale, so far be it from me to speak for the DM, but that might get tricky, unless you two get together and plan two vastly opposing stories, one where the bard is a loving, caring individual, one where her true, sinister side comes out, The Last Ringbearer style. :P

Perhaps doing the cook would be easier though. Delicious in Dungeon style? *chuckles*
"Malnutrition is worse than monsters!"
I...don't get the reference :(

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Galanthor on March 24, 2018, 05:55:42 PM
Ah guess something is wrong there.

Well...Cook it is then...

...OR elven radish farmer...I mean...those have to exist, right? Where do elves get their food?
I...don't get the reference :(

I don't get his reference either, but seriously whatever you want to play, just so long as it doesn't get over overpowered.

Also yes, elves also have farmers. Think along the lines of a DnD druid though.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Roleplay Frog

Druiiiids *Dwarf shakes fist*

It's from Danjon Meshi. Your best (as only) source for adventuring/cooking cross over manga.

Galanthor

Ugh Druid sounds to glamorous, to make radish farmer fun...also...it probably wouldn't be radish then either, which would destroy the whole point.

Anyways...turns out finding an image for a chef character that looks like he'd be halfway competent might be too hard for me. Guess I need to think stuff over again :/

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Galanthor on March 25, 2018, 04:13:52 AM
Anyways...turns out finding an image for a chef character that looks like he'd be halfway competent might be too hard for me. Guess I need to think stuff over again :/

Depends, do you want to play a female adventurer? Those are usually easier to find art for, is all *chuckles*
Also if you want extravagant ideas you can't back down so easily. You'll have to improvise cooking into something relevant for adversity for the group, for example.

Galanthor

Quote from: Deva on March 25, 2018, 04:44:36 AM
Depends, do you want to play a female adventurer? Those are usually easier to find art for, is all *chuckles*
Also if you want extravagant ideas you can't back down so easily. You'll have to improvise cooking into something relevant for adversity for the group, for example.
I can't see the site...says forbidden.
Kinda rolled for the gender and got male. Shrugs.
That aside I found like 1 female cook that would fit in such a setting and wasn't a pervy looking anime-girl.
...improvise cooking into something relevant? I don't see how it couldn't. Honestly going on an adventure without someone who knows what and what ain't edible and how to prepare it is one of the strangest aspect i find in most adventure parties.
Now on the backing down easy part...I'm afraid I very much can. I just searched one hour with a screeching headache and didn't find anything that fit particularly well, so now i'm merely considering whether having a bit more fun character creation is really worth the literal headache.

Phoenixrisen

Take all the time you need my move won't be done until midweek. At least I finally have a move in date.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

pdragon

I can understand how annoying it can be to find images sometimes, I was about to completely drop my own character idea until I stumbled on a good collection of images to base her off of. I found some chef inspired art, it might help.

chef
chef
chef
chef
chef
chef
chef
chef
chef
chef
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Galanthor

Thanks everyone :)

I actually found a good deal of those before, but...somehow  I really didn't like most of them...dunno. Guess I'll use the elf when my headache is gone and i'm able to put something together.

bubby

*Peers in again, narrows eyes, hrms and ha's...* Phoenix. PM me when you got some time (no rush) on what your idea with this is, and if you think someone I might play would fit. You know my type. ;) I have looked at the list and nothing but elf perked for me.

What about antagonists?