Power Rangers: Stolen World

Started by Sabby, December 22, 2010, 07:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Question. If you want a Niberian then shouldn't it be the Yellow or Blue Ranger since by your opening story so far that the Yellow and Blue Coins are in the hands of the enemy?

Sabby

Hmmm... I never thought of that. Yellow and Blue are powering the two different armies, Yellow for the Niberian's N-Bots and to help create N-Gauge, and Blue for Dakon's forces. I wrote that assuming the Coins would be absolutely used up/in constant use. I suppose I could change that, if it helps, but three players is a lot...

What if the Niberian was a specially made unit, the Niberian attempt to reverse engineer with what they learned with Blue and Yellow? Like a Nova Ranger, silver and black and white?

Laughing Hyena

Certainly would make yer niberian ranger slot all the more cooler. If it even is a Niberian Ranger in the reverse engineered suit.

Since Diglit has a supposedly cool concept that you are stoked for its obvious I cannot play the black ranger besides he's niberian supposedly... *ponders* Ill just have to come up with a good character sheet or two. I'll do it later though.

Sabby

Don't worry, nothing is decided yet ^^ But now that I'm thinking on it, guest villains fit the PR formula very nicely.

Laughing Hyena

Sabby

OMG IS THAT TITANUS?!?! =D

I mean... nice vid, thanks ^^'

Laughing Hyena

Actually this is from one of the Disney Power Rangers after Saban sold them to that corp (and before he bought it back when Disney let it die and Saban went to Nick with the franchise, reviving the Power Rangers.) Dino Thunder of course. :-) Anyway glad you liked it.

And hopefully the magic number of five will rise once more. ^_^

DigitLninja

technically each season has at least three and then gains up to five or six... of course SPD had the most rangers of any of the US. shows with a whopping ten rangers if you count the scientist dude imagining/faking himself as a ranger and not including the Dino Thunder cross over.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

pendarious

eh i liked the traditional five set by mighty morphin-time force myself but then again i'm just a stickler for Saban's way of running power rangers.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Sabby

Still waiting on character sheets, so I'll give out a template.

Name:
Temperament:
Background:
Ranger colour/weapons/powers.
Civilian weapons/skills (for the period of the game before the second and third coin)

Laughing Hyena

Last question of course. Is there any type of theme for the new rangers concerning their powers or can we absolutely make it up? I think that all ranger characters should conspire so that we fit well in theme with the other before we go filling these templates out.

By my calculations there are about four unclaimed ranger slots. Red, Green, Black, and Pink As for whom plays Pink that might be a touch difficult. :-) No one has stepped forward for it.

Sabby

Pink hasn't always existed :) RPM didn't have a Pink Ranger. But I'll place the slot there just in case. So, we have 4-5 characters to be filled, a female Red, up to three Resistance fighters who will later become Ranger's, and Nova Ranger, the Niberian.

And I can't believe I forgot about the theme... damn o.o That's not something I should have overlooked... hmmm... lemme think a minute.

I'm guna suggest an urban crimes unit, since the Ranger's were never created specifically for the Niberian threat and were set up in an urban city before Niberus came.

Sorry for the wonky flow of info.

Laughing Hyena

Oh and one last question that hampers my mind like crazy. If the Niberians are physically weak (fast they may be) then how in the world would one become a worthy ranger since they naturally do not have the physical prowess needed which is a staple of a ranger?

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass but these feel to me to be legit questions needing answers. Perhaps the Ranger Powers adjusts them into a more suitable version? Akin to how in Turbo the little kid who is the blue ranger becomes a fully adult human.

Sabby

Remember that in canon, being physically able and trained can only help but is not required. Morphing makes you stronger and faster, and gives an inherent, yet basic understanding of hand to hand fighting. Niberian's were never a very strong species because of their ocean homes, but the very long stasis period has rendered their bodies weak. The oldest ones cannot leave their pods at all, and instead act as overseers.

This was another reason the Nova Coin was made to be 'slow burning', so that you would never need to demorph. Of course, the Niberian Ranger would be young, both in age and in stasis time. He'd be the same kind of weak as a scrawny teenager would be, but mostly in muscle mass. The stasis wouldn't have dulled his body by much yet, so out of Nova Form, he'd be in trouble, but not in an "Oh God, can't stand up, falling over now!" way.

Hope that helps.

Laughing Hyena

Name: Yavaris, Blessed Son of the Niberians

Appearance: The Niberian stands at six feet seven inches in height with a slightly more developed muscle mass akin to an average persons strength however the most notable difference is the eyes coloration of a golden pigment and the presence of a more vibrant hue in the scales as they are emerald green. His attire is of silken clothes that bear a royal sash of red and gold trim with a brooch upon his neck within the courts of the Niberians. Yavaris since his reanimation from Stasis has had his physical prowess diminished slightly. At his peak he was as strong and nimble as a human olympian swimmer due to his military upbringing and combat training. Whilst the training is still remember he must bring his body back up to its former strength.

Temperament: Calm and collected Yavaris, is an understanding and compassionate person tempered with conviction. He knows what has to be done sometimes even if he doesn't like the methods. When he puts his mind to a course of action he will see it through and stand by it. He is filled with strength of will and personality but the glaring flaw is his loyalty despite the wrongs done by his fellow race through his fathers whims. Seeing the decadence and despair that has taken root in his own people has begun to throw him into hesitation.

Background: Yavaris was the main adversary of the former Rangers before the hostile takeover of Earth. During the battles the rangers managed to best him time and again during the beginning but he always returned knowing that his species survival meant that the rangers must fall and it fueled his loyalty and convictions. He saw it as what needed to be done. Whilst others favored underhanded tactics he did not, willing the fight the rangers honorably. However soon enough they found the magic bullet they needed to defeat the rangers and the task was given to Yavaris...

After the fall of the rangers Yavaris went into stasis for he had been heavily injured after the battle that decided Earth's fate for many many generations to come and for the moment he was content that he had done his species well in ensuring their survival. When he awoke the world he had fought so hard to earn for his people had been taken for granted and the beings they had claimed for their own were made less then even slaves, nothing more then guinea pigs for the enjoyment of a few puppet masters. It was painful to watch and gave room for doubt to take hold within him.

He was however brought out of stasis for a reason other then his own wounds healing. For the Niberians had need of their champion once again for the Rangers had returned somehow. He was to take up the mantle of their champion once again and bring down the newly returned Rangers. Witnessing the new world was quite a sight however, capable of bringing such painful guilt and self loathing so great he could barely restrain it. As the time grows closer to the hour of his readjustment to the new world, now he must make a choice between his people's security or doing what he believes is right to save them from themselves.

Ranger colour/weapons/powers

Nova Ranger: The Power Suit itself is a Composite Alteration of an unknown Ranger with Silver or White as the primary color with jet black trim. The suit is a reinforced model amplifying Niberian Strength and Speed whilst improving the shield technology so that the Nova Ranger can withstand tremendous punishment in battle should the need arise. Within the suit one can surpass the normal abilities of a Niberian, akin to the original Power Rangers as Strength, Speed and Combat Knowledge increase though it varies upon the host.. It is also a energy restoring suit capable of channeling and reusing energy from the morphing grid in order to allow the Nova Ranger a significant length of time to remain morphed.

The primary weapon of the Nova Ranger consist of the deadly Nova Axe which functions as a diamond edged axe sharpened down to a molecule for superior cutting ability. It can also function as a powerful energy shotgun when primed in this fashion. When in level two the energy shotgun feature is upgraded into a burst effect similar to an RPG damaging a wider area and causing major damage to both personnel and structures as a result. Level Three causes the Nova Axe to become a rail gun of sorts capable of causing amazing damage that can harm even a Zord.

Civilian weapons/skills: As a Niberian, Yavaris has superior freedom of movement within water and can breathe within it indefinitely thanks to his gills. Telepathy is his primary means of communication so His natural claws giving him the ability to climb vertical surfaces and give him a significant advantage in hand to hand combat. His normal weapons unmorphed is a plasma blaster along with a saber. His knowledge of combat and tactics is vast and as such he is a formidable opponent. His hand to hand combat style relies upon not only his speed in battle but uses a variant of wing chun and mantis which allows him to use his opponents own strength and leverage to catch them off balance then counter strike then press the advantage.

Sabby

I assume Yavaris goes rogue when sent to kill Red? There doesn't seem to be an in between, working for the Niberians and secretly helping the humans, given the nature of things.

Laughing Hyena

I wanted to leave that part for the actual story when it gets started. :-)

Sabby

Okay, Nova Ranger is taken. Black Ranger is taken. We need Green, and we're good to start.

DigitLninja

Name: Tommy Oliver

Appearance:

Temperament: A skilled martial artist who has trained for years, Tommy has moved into the realm of mixed martial arts allowing him to expand his skills for battle and become a thorn in the sides of the alien forces that have invaded earth.

Background:
Tommy grew up learning martial arts and the meaning of honor and discipline, he had always held great respect and love for being a ranger. After the alien attack and finding out that these creatures where doing everything in there power to gain the ability to use the ranger power for there own, he began to search for a way to morph himself and was lucky enough to find a man on his death bed who held a power coin. Both the man and Oliver felt that the coin was in it's proper place when he first morphed.

Ranger color/weapons/powers:
Black, A sword that can be inserted into a mechanism and becomes the power source / trigger for a long range sniper rifle. Morphing Grid EMP, a device built into his armor that will effectively shut down any kind of ranger within a one mile radius, unfortunately it works on both friend and foe and drains so much power that if the battle isn't ended at that point Tommy runs the risk of being De-morphed and passing out in front of the enemy.

Civilian weapons/skills:
Judo, Karate, Tai Kwan Do, Mixed Martial Arts, Sword training, Military weapons training, one switch blade and one katana when de-morphed.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

pendarious

hmm......right give me a bit and i'll have a sheet to send
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Laughing Hyena

pendarious

Sabby

Sorry, been kind of busy... Since all of the characters will eventually become Ranger's, I thought the opening could include that instead of waiting. Tell me how this sounds.

The convoy with the Red Morpher also has the other two Rangers, Black and Green, captured and being moved to Niberius, with their Morphers also being moved.

Vergil1989

Excuse me, are you still looking for a Red Ranger?  I might be able to help there since I have no gender preference for my characters that I play.  If you're still free with that spot, I'd be glad to take it.

Also, since we're on the subject, I thought I'd throw up my own opening I love to these awesome shows.

Power Rangers Mystic Force - Opening Theme 1
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Sabby

Pendarious took that role, but it was reluctantly, because it was a female role. PM him about it if your interested :)