Fantasy RP (Morrowind) [UN]

Started by Kirei, August 04, 2009, 12:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirei

I'm checking for interest for a roleplay that is placed in the setting of Morrowind. In case you are not familiar with morrowind, it's a fantasy roleplaying game from early 2000's. Don't be alarmed if you don't know about it, knowledge of the game is not necessary to participate in this RP. If you want to know more, you can PM any questions to me.

I'm a big fan of complete freeform roleplaying. This one would fall into that category as well. I would like to warn that while I'm not especially making an extreme/gorey/etc. RP, I'm not going to limit this in any way.

The idea of the campaing is that most of the players would be members of three great houses of Morrowind: Hlaalu, Redoran and Telvanni. There is a meeting among the members of the houses in city named Balmora. Negotiations to cease hostilities against each other are in progress as a new threat has risen to shadow the lands of Morrowind. Malak, god-King of the Orcs has led his forces to take over the city of Vivec in the south. However, each faction are also looking to profit from the crisis and won't agree to just any terms.

City of Balmora, where the story will take place in, is governed by House Hlaalu. If you roleplay a member of either Telvanni or Redoran the people of the city might be slightly hostile toward you. Also, most of the people in Morrowind are Dark Elves, they might sometimes act cold toward humans and members of other races.

It's not necessary to play member of one of these factions, but it is highly recommended. Playing a thief or assassin or spy is just fine, as well as anything else you think you can fit into the story.

Races of Morrowind:
Humans: Imperials, Redguards, Bretons, Nords.
Elves: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dunmer (Dark Elves).
Argonians (Lizardmen)
Kahjits (Cat humans)
Orcs

Being a werewolf or vampire is fine, as well as being Dremora... If you know The elderscrolls series, you can always improvise.

i'm not going to write a prologue for this unless I know at least 4 people (including me) are interested. I also would like the player base to remain under 6 players.
Likes/Dislikes

It's so easy when you're evil
This is the life, you see
The Devil tips his hat to me
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

Mr Self Destruct

I would definitely be interested in this.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve played Morrowind again and again…it’s sad really. lol
I'll likely play a Dunmer if this takes off.

CWand

I'd be interested as would moon and star i imagine :P since his name is from the game morrowind, but will we be able to travel to the other Providences?  Or the greater morrowind region outside Vvardenfell?
If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

Kirei

The RP will start in Vvardenfell in Balmora. In the first chapter everything will probably happen inside the walls of Balmora, getting everything together and such. As the game progresses it won't be impossible for players to go explore other parts of Tamriel.

It is a campaing, so it might last for a while. And I'm expecting that some people might drop out along the way and new players will be taken in, but if you stay in for long enough the RP will surely reach to Tamriel.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Mr Self Destruct

Have you thought what you'd like for a profile for characters?

Kirei

I'll give you a character sheet which you can choose to use, or improvise upon.
Also, a few suggested characters:

House Father/Councilman: High ranking officer of any house would be good choise. You could be also plotting against the current Archmaster of the house, or be their loyal servant.

Hireling/Retainer: A low ranking member? You could be borought in as a guard or to serve and run errands for the people in the meeting.

Any other rank: There are various tasks, personal bodyguard of some high ranking member? Or you could act as a secretary, writing up the conversation.

Spy/Assassin from the Orc horde: Traitor, maybe?

The options are unlimited, but those are just few ideas. we really need some high ranking members of the houses, so those will be appreciated. Now to the sheet:

Name:
Occupation/Position: What is their position in their house, and/or their occupation.
Alignment: If you think it's necessary.
Condition: If character has a disease, is a vampire or crippled, list these here.

Possessions:
Any notable possessions not listed elsewhere in the sheet.

Appearance:

Personality:

Skills: Just explain what they are good at, and how good are they at it. Just describe each skill with a sentence or few, give an example or something. Improvise.

Abilities/Attributes: Now are they fast? Strong? Slow? Tough? Do they have special abilities, such as ability to breathe underwater and so on?

Strengths and weaknesses: List things that can be thought as your character's weaknesses or strengths. Mainly this is for strengths and weaknesses in combat, but you can also use it to describe their strengths and weaknesses in social and other situations. (such as, what negative things their occupation brings along, what positive?)

Biography: Short or long story about your character's background.

Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Mr Self Destruct

Cool.  I'll get to work on it now.  I'll be playing a Councilor of House Hlaalu.  :D

Mr Self Destruct

Name: Dhoravin
Origin: Balmora
Occupation/Position: Councilor (Camonna Tong Member)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Condition: No current ailments or conditions.
Possessions: Ebony broadsword (enchanted to do fire damage), ebony helm, boots, and shield; fine nobleman clothes, lock-picks, Ring of Summoning (Draemora Lord)
Appearance:

Personality:  As House Hlaalu councilor, he doesn't have much time for idle chat, and has no problem telling others that.  He is cold to his enemies, and doesn't have much patience for the weak or the simple-minded.  He is not above carousing with potential allies, or bribing them to do what he wants.  The pressure of keeping his allegiance with the Camonna Tong wears on him, but the benefits of his membership outweigh the risk of being discovered. 
Skills: He's fairly decent at picking locks, though not as skilled as most members of the theives guild.  He is skilled with long blades, and wields a broadsword as if it were an extension of his own arm.  Heavy armor is no problem for him, and his endurance in it is enough that he can continue on without losing his stamina. 
Abilities/Attributes: He is quick, even for members of his race.  He's nimble and quick, though he has neglected his races' favoritism of light armor, for his heavier and more durable ebony armor.  He has some ability with magic, favoring the Destruction and Mysticism schools, though they are more a hobby or secondary interest than anything he devotes much time to.  He is very resistant to fire damage, and can summon an ancestor spirit to come to his aid in a fight.
Strengths & Weaknesses: Dhoravin has a weakness for women and good drink, and spends a fair amount of time imbibing both to his satisfaction.  In social situations of his class, he is cunning and full of guile, though he is stand-offish to those of lower class or social standing.  The military is a necessary evil in his eyes, and he tolerates them to the point that he needs them.  His greatest strength lies in his ability to manipulate others, and to bend them to his will through bribery, threats, or coercion.
Biography: Dhoravin was born to wealthy parents, influential in both House Hlaalu and the Camonna Tong.  His father raised him to be a proper nobleman; to secure his assests, to use them to fulfill his every whim and desire, and to crush his enemies whenever he had a chance.  As he grew, he began to notice his father leaving their home at night, though he had no idea what he was doing or where he was headed to.  His curiosity eventually overcame his fear of discovery, and he followed his father.  The man walked through the city, until he snuck over the wall and out into the countryside.  It was there, north of the Dunmer Temple in Balmora, that he came across the Camonna Tong guild hall, dimly lit with a single lantern, its door hidden beneath a thin veneer of fake stone.  He snuck in, and witnessed his father's interactions with the mysterious guild. 
He moved to sneak out before the meeting ended, but tripped over an oar, and fell heavily.  The gathered members came at him angrily, until his father realized just who the intruder was.  He was inducted into the guild that day, and would eventually succeed his father in both power and position within the guild, but also within House Hlaalu itself.

Kirei

My main character. I will be roleplaying a lot of NPC's and stuff obviously, but my main character in the RP is the following one. This one is mostly written as a character who can guide the RP forward.

Minasi the Mongrel

Art: Susan McKivergan.

Name: Minasi Hledri. Also known as Minasi the Mongrel to a few.
Age: 39 (looks like 25, since Dunmer live longer than human races)
Origin: Place of Birth.
Alignment: True Neutral
Race: Half Dunmer, half Breton.

Occupation/Position: Sorceress, a Warlock of Mage's guild. Has a reputation of being extremely powerful mage, but she has never tried to get higher in Mage's guild, seeming to be hiding the true extent of her powers. Unknown to the public, she is also a necromancer.

Condition: Powerless. Unknown to other people, Minasi has lost her powers. She had attempted to summon Malak to her own aid, but in process, Malak stole her magical powers, using them to substain himself in the mortal plane.

Possessions: Staff of the moon. A staff of high magical properties. On itself it can shoot rays of electricity. When used by a capable mage, it can be used in channeling their spells, enchanting their powers greatly.

Appearance: Refer to the image.

Personality: Her public personality seems quite cold. Generally she doesn't show much emotion or weakness to the public. She is stern in decision making and shows good judgement. Her neutral view and the respect people have for her powers are the major reason why she is often chosen as the neutral negotiator in many important negotiations.

Truth is she has her own ambitions, and some of them would be less than pleasant knowledge for the public. She manipulates people to act toward her own goals. While seeming neutral, she is actually plotting to get the best out of it for herself.

She also isn't so cold in person if someone gets close to her, and might even seem vulnerable. She misses warmth in her life, and someone to hold onto, but she also acknowledges that it is luxury she can't afford if she is to maintain her image.

Skills: She is a powerful sorceress and a skilled necromancer. She is especially strong in areas of conjuration, alteration and destructive magic. Other aspects of magic using she mostly leaves out. However, at the moment she isn't able to use her magical powers. As a fighter she is not defenseless, but she is not a warrior, and without her magic she might get in trouble. However, the Staff of the Moon gives her some protection.

Abilities/Attributes: Currently she doesn't have much abilities above average dunmer female. Thought as a dunmer she is resistant to fire, and as a half breton, resistant to magical attacks in general.

Strengths and weaknesses: In combat without her magical abilities, she isn't strong combatant at all, but if she got her abilities back, it would be hard to challenge her. She is mentally strong person and able to manipulate other people with her speech. She is a gifted liar too and can speak her way out of many situations. Some rumours about her tend to harm her reputation at times, thought most people wouldn't believe them. However, she is a necromancer and has a dark past, and possibly future too, if too much information about her doings would leak to public, she might even become hated. 

Biography: Minasi Hledri was born to an ashlander village. Not much is known about her past, but her exceptional powers were discovered when she was still very young. In normal conditions she would have become one of the leading figures of her village, but since she was half Breton, the close minded people of her home village would shun her. Many hated her just for her being different, others were jealous of her powers. They called her 'the mongrel' She grew to loathe them all.

Minasi was around twenty years old when her village was wiped out by an unknown force. Everyone, except Minasi were killed. Not many know of this incident, but there are some ashlanders who claim that they were survivors from a village that 'the mongrel' destroyed.

Minasi grew to be a bitter person, and she swore to herself that she would become so powerful that no one could ever go against her, no one would ever be able to shun her again. She became interested in dark arts of magic, and eventually tried to summon a divine being in her aid to grow even stronger. This proved to be a mistake, as instead of becoming more powerful, she lost all of her magical powers.

Companion:
A modified steam centurion. Heavily armored personal guardian that takes care of Minasi's safety. Wields a two handed sword in one hand, uses the heavy steel fist in the other. Highly resistant against physical attacks, but weak against magical attacks.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Kate

Im very interested in this please pm me if you are still kirei

Kirei

I will start this if we get a few more players. Currently I don't know if there is any interest.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

wings

I'm interested in this game as well.

I have a good understanding of Oblivion but not Morrowind...

I can always Wiki all I need to know yeah?

But like i said I'm interested, and let me know if you have room for more still
"All we want to do is eat your Brains,
We're not unreasonable,
I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes."

-Jonathan Coulton

Kate

from what I gather its a world where these "gates" appear that unleash demons on the world and there is magic - but the lands are in chaos, and everyone is hoping for some measure of order.

Sounds fantastic. I want to start a cult, build an empire :) become a goddess ...

Transgirlenstein

I might be interested in playing and Argonian.  Need to think of a character.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Kirei

We currently have four people interested, which was my minium for starting the game.

In this game there is not necessarily gates opening, at least not early in the game. We might see about it later on ;)
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free

Kate

your right k i got morrowind and oblivion mixed up.

Question Mark

And I'm....

So fucking in.

Will work on a character.  Fear not, for I have extensive experience in the realm of Tamriel and it's nearby islands, of which Vvardenfell belongs.  I shall lead my pawn through destiny, following in the footsteps of Fate, reaching a level of notoriety and renown that approaches even the great Nerevar herself!  *flourish*

Kirei

Seeing as we currently have only one character around, since I'm not sure about Dark Clown, I'm not quite sure when will this start. But if we'll have 4 characters I'll start it.
Likes/Dislikes

And I do it all for free