BakemonoShiki [Recruitment]-Slots Open-

Started by SweetSerenade, March 17, 2018, 08:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AidenWhite

I'm super interested in this, got an idea in my head for a male Occultist if you are still accepting those.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: AidenWhite on March 18, 2018, 07:04:07 PM
I'm super interested in this, got an idea in my head for a male Occultist if you are still accepting those.

Yep! Just review what we already have, and try to add a unique spin :3

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

minerva7790

Whoa this place has been active while I was away! I do have an idea for an occultist (which could be either male or female) and a male shiki. But with the sudden interest in male occultists, I think I'll go with the shiki instead. Will send you my character sheet in approximately 12 to 14 hours!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Timeless

After some deciding and debating, I am gonna go with a female occultist. XD A male shiki would be my second character when the time comes. But yeah, just wanted to ask on how old does the occultists have to be? Like the new ones have to be at certain young ages, from what I see?

Inari

-snip snip-

Gardsorm

Quote from: Timeless on March 18, 2018, 08:07:10 PM
After some deciding and debating, I am gonna go with a female occultist. XD A male shiki would be my second character when the time comes. But yeah, just wanted to ask on how old does the occultists have to be? Like the new ones have to be at certain young ages, from what I see?

I think the safest answer to their ages is anywhere from 18 (when their prana burst happens) to... Well, the oldest human player character is 26 so far I think!

@Starcry: Coming along great so far! Sorry I'm so distracted, writing by phone is slow with everything piling up. xD

LeSane

Name: Impu
Player: LeSane
Height: 6'3"
Hair Color: Platinum White/Raven Black
Eye Color: Pale Gold
World: Charon
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality
Selfless: Impundulu has a gentle and warm personality that contradicts his appearance. Impu is a soft-spoken, polite, and caring man who uses honorifics when addressing everyone, including the enemy. He rarely shows any signs of panic or distress and has a great sense of duty. Despite his sense of duty, he will also heal 'almost' anybody around him. Since Impu arrived on Earth, and the Occultists, referring to them as allies despite the obvious reluctance to do so. With his grace and courteous manners, he lets others know quietly that while he may be kind, he is not to be taken lightly.

Chivalrous: He claims injury and death is nothing, but the price one pays for the vicious cycle of violence. Despite his tendency to be a capable warrior, Impu usually stops a fight if his feels his opponent is too injured to fight back, claiming he is not interested in fighting 'weaklings who can't stand on their own two feet.'  He does not feel obligated to deal a death blow to anyone who cannot fight any longer even if they are the enemy. However, he will unhesitatingly kill his opponent if they refuse to end their fight since they've willing forfeited their life once they attack once more.

Shiki Background
History
Impu was apart of a royal guard of a special organization in the Charon that performs services for a royal family. It has a considerable amount of fighting, organizational, and executive power compared to other organizations. They are also charged with the slaying intruders and the overall protection of those in his charge, though the circumstances under which they do so are unknown. Since serving the royal family is the primary purpose of the guard, he did not interfere in affairs and the defense of the Charon, even against major threats. What little he wished to speak of it and why, but they are known to do whatever is required by order of their 'King'.

The Royal Guard's authority once superseded the administration of all within Charon. Each member of the trained and imparted with power onto their bones by their 'King'. Upon the passing of their King they disbanded leaving the title of Royal Guard behind, yet being able to keep their powers under heavy restrictions. Unlike the other four former guardsmen, Impu decided to explore the world called earth as he was not in tune with the mortal plane as the others. Since the royal guard commonly stayed within the Palace Impu came from what most assumed from the heavens from a giant pillar, yet he was sealed inside unable to free himself it was only when the occultists tested it was he released from his prison with little memory of his past.

Perception of Humanity
No matter what planet, no matter what galaxy, they always look up in wonder. Some fall to their knees in worships, others hide behind walls and towers, but the thing they do best. Is beg for mercy. It's just deplorable.

Metamorphosis|Passive Ability
He has the unique passive ability to convert health into energy, or energy into health. The ability to do will is based on the form he shifts into graciously dubbed Day form and Night form. Upon changing forms all those in a 30ft radius gain temporarily boost their resilience and natural defense in Night form, or a boost in attack power and speed while in Day form.

Mend & Maim
He calls forth the serenity of night or calamity of day, surrounding himself in an aura of moonlight's gleam with a radius of 10 meters. In night form 'Mend' he emits a regenerative aura that heals minor cuts and bruises and does greater lengths of healing the closer one within range to both allied Shiki and Occultists inside the aura. Mend accumulates all of the healing done by boosting the defenses of allies for each enemy within the aura.

He calls for the calamity of the day in the Day form surrounding himself in an aura of sunlight's glare he emits lacerations to all enemies within range. 'Maim' accumulates all the pain from enemies within a radius of 10 meters. Allies within the radius gain a boost in speed while enemies are slowed once damaged. Upon deactivating Maim, all stored damage is released in a violent burst that affects all enemies within range.

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

Other Points of Interest:
-
-
-
-
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

SweetSerenade

LeSane please make sure to PM it to the GMs. Also make not of which is your base ability that you start the game with - and make sure it matches up to the chart of the Shiki power levels around that stage. Angelischiel is a good example for what a basic level Shiki (which all shikis that start this game must be) would be at for a 'Support' Class Shiki. Your other abilities will need to be slotted to high slots to be attained when you get enough Sigils.

clockworkInferno

Name: Corrin Cromwell
Player: clockworkInferno https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=63072
Height: 5'8"
Hair Color: Platinum White
Eye Color: Scarlet Red
World: Charon

Personality
Charismatic: Cromwell tends to be fairly light-hearted, for a Shiki. He draws in the crowd, even if it isn't desired. Keeping a calm mind, Corrin tends to be the center of attention when he pulls out the stops. His personality can only be described as kind-hearted and full of life. Corrin, in spite of how he was treated in his home plane, keeps things level-headed and never lets things wear him down.
Optimistic: Corrin keeps things positive, looking at the glass as half full, even when things get dark. His light is the sun that keeps his allies on the straight and narrow, making sure that everything goes out without a hitch. He turns things around at the last minute, pulling off strange miracles. Be it bringing in an ally, or getting things done that others will not do, Corrin gets the job done.

Shiki Background
History
A little bit about Corrin's home life. His name in the Charon lexicon is nigh unpronouncible, but we'll get to why he is called Corrin later. Corrin belongs to one of the darker families in Charon. While many families in Charon are mainly angles and other lighter beings, Corrin belongs to a clan of Vampires, who all tend to keep to themselves. Corrin was a black sheep amongst the black sheep. He lived for the parties with the other Shiki, and often snuck out to be with his fellow Charonites.

The year was 1692, and it was Corrin's 1000th Birthday. In his family, it is tradition for Shiki on their 1000th birthday to meditate the entire day until they attain a state that resonates with someone on Earth, making them easier to summon. He began his meditation and spent the whole day sitting still, resonating until he finally locked with somebody on the Continental United States. He said goodbye to his family and was transported to his new summoner. When he was summoned, chaos ensued. He was summoned in the middle of the forest by an older woman and several small girls. Yes, Corrin Cromwell is responsible for the Salem Witch Trials. He was given the name Corrin Cromwell as a sort of aliby for the girls to give an excuse for their actions, all of which fell apart as the Trials went on. Throughout the Trials, Corrin tried to help out his friends by keeping them company at night. This just drove them insane by his strange aura he emitted (passive Eye of Cromwell).

Once the Trials ended and all of the hangings ceased, Corrin disappeared for a long time. A couple of centuries passed, and he felt the call of another Occultist. Once the Shadow Hours started being noticed, he felt his precense was needed. The modern era seemed to fit his personality a lot more than when he first arrived on Earth. Hopefully this new Occultist will turn out better than his fitst set of 'friends'.

Perception of Humanity Corrin thinks humans are fickle beings. They will do whatever it takes to win any adversity put against them. That being said, he does think that they are interesting, for the way they overcome obsticles surpasses anything he could ever come up with. As far as Occultists, he has had some bad experiences with them. His first bonding did not leave a good taste in his mouth. He is wary of forming a bond with one, mostly because he is exlusive with who he trusts. Once he trusts someone, though, he will do anything to make sure that they never get hurt. He becomes a 'Guardian Vampire' of sorts.

Eyes of Cromwell Corrin instills the power of the Cromwell family into his subject, and attempts to bend their minds to his will. The difficulty of the target depends on how high the person/Shiki's will and their morals. The higher their will or morals, the tougher it is to control them.

-In spite of being the life of the party, Corrin tends to blend into the background when it comes to hooking up with people. This tends to make him very naive about things related to sex. He'd need a bit of a dom/switch to get his gears going.
-He was once coerced into hiring a Succubi-Shiki for a 'night of fun'. He mistook this as an actual night of fun, and spent the night playing board games, doing each others' nails, and the like. He still hasn't lived that down amongst his peers....
-His bite can be quite lethal, or feel nice, depending on his mood. Pray that it his mood lands on the latter.
Romance doesn't go out with a bang, or a whimper. It doesn't die in a blaze, nor a snap. Romance dies in an INFERNO.

SweetSerenade

Clarification for people joining  the game - When we mentioned only 2 sigils will be allowed at start of game, per shiki, we meant that those sigils would be the max a Shiki could take on during the event that opens the game. No shiki starts the game with more than their base power.

Moon Hound Hati

I'm gonna have to give this thing a proper read after work, but I got some ideas for a snarky support that acts like he's an overlord.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Alistair Leonhart

GM Announcement:

We've noticed a particular trend for certain long-lived characters, mainly Shiki, to be portrayed as virgins despite having lived for thousands of years and having had every opportunity to at some point get their cherry popped, so we've reached the conclusion that some clarification is needed before such characters are accepted.

From now on, no new characters who have lived over a hundred years with a lifestyle that could easily facilitate sex are allowed to explicitly be virgins. Unexperienced or shy is fine, but common sense should apply, particularly when there are way more explanations as to why they would NOT be virgins than vice-versa.

Exceptions to this would be individuals who are part of a Monk establishment that follow particular teachings that preach Chastity for Enlightenment, or any Mythological sources version of Celestial Maidens. These, and those like them, are the only ones that can logistically claim to have not had sex at all.

We do this for the balance of the game, not to remove a players ability to have creativity. While sexual compatibility is a far second to the games overall compatibility, it would be sad for players to be unable to find things they would enjoy on a sexual level - because there are a limited number of characters in the game that are interested in sex with virgins

SweetSerenade

GM Announcement

Current Number counts of the game.

We have 5/7 Male Occultists
We have 5/7 Female Occultists (After Amarlo posts hers)

We have 7/9 Male Shiki (After Clockwork posts his)
We have 6/9 Female Shiki

What we are currently seeking - Support class Shiki and softer Female/Male characters.

We are reviewing profiles that have been turned in, but please be aware we will be much more selective as we are now essentially working on trying to round out the group.

If you want to know what we do or do not have, please read the profiles already posted. A few of the old groups members still need to post theirs, their places will be held till Thursday at the latest. (With the Exception of Melody who made us aware of his situation with his moving and having no access. His spots are held till he returns.) If the old group hasn't posted their profiles by Thursday, those slots will be dropped for them and they will open for other characters.

Edit: We are no longer accepting 'strong' type female characters, either as occultists or Shiki. We need peacekeepers and sweetness.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on March 19, 2018, 11:00:46 AM
I'm gonna have to give this thing a proper read after work, but I got some ideas for a snarky support that acts like he's an overlord.

Hey Moon! <3 We'd be glad to have you :3 Just let us know if we can give you any info you need.

SweetSerenade

UPDATE! Listing for people still interested in making characters, or still in the approval process. This is what we have currently. It links to all of the profiles, so you can see everything that we have, and see what we need as well. Currently standing there is a Ban on Strong Female character types - we really need more peacekeeping characters and we lack many females with this quality (we have a few to the rather large number of characters) - and we have only one female occultist slot. We have a Ban on Virgins that are Shiki over 100 years of age (unless following one of the GM guidelines and even then we will probably be hesitant). We have room for 3 Female Shiki, 2 Male Shiki, 2 Male humans, and 1 Female Human.

The profiles that are 'held' are those tied to players of the old game that let the Staff know it might be a little bit before they can post their profiles.

--★-- Bakemono Shiki Characters --★--
     Occultist Characters
5/7
[M] Keita  - (JoanieSappho) [Either]
[M] Akira - (Alistair Leonhart) [Hetero]
[M] Takuya - (Gardsorm) [Either]
[M] Tomo - (Sain) [Either]
[M] Jurai - (AidenWhite) [Hetero]

6/7
[F] Noel - (SweetSerenade) [Hetero]
[F] Xiang - (Sephora) [Either]-Held-
[F] Hikaru - (LizzieV) [Either]
[F] Makoto - (Lynette) [Either]
[F] Zhang - (Timeless) [Either]
[F] Mei - (Amarlo) [Hetero]

Shiki Characters
7/9
[M] Haru - (Avalon29) [Either]
[M] Ari - (MelodyCake) [Either]-Held-
[M] Zechiel - (MelodyCake) [Either]-Held-
[M] Gabriel - (Gardsorm) [Hetero]
[M] Valoel - (Changingsaint) [Hetero]
[M] Yasuhiro - (Starcry) [Either]
[M] Corrin - (ClockworkInferno) [Hetero]

6/9
[F] Tsukasa - (Relikai) [Hetero]
[F] Hazuki - (Avalon29) [Either]
[F] Angelischiel - (SweetSerenade) [Either]
[F] Melusine - (JoanieSappho) [Either]
[F] Morana - (Vonandi) [Hetero]-Held-
[F] Avariael - (Miss Eleanora) Hetero

SweetSerenade

GM ANNOUNCEMENT

The Last Female Occultist Slot has been Reserved for MiraMirror - Thank you everyone for your interest in a Female Occultist Spot. We still have Male Occultist, Female Shiki, and Male Shiki positions available to be filled.

Vonandi

I'm still Alive, I swear.

Name: Morana
Player: Vonandi
Height: 5’6” (168cm)
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Black Sclera, orange irises, and
    Pupils that are like looking to the heart of a furnace
World: Veskra

Personality
Independent/Erratic/Reckless: She values her freedom above all else, and pays little mind to rules both concrete or abstract, moral or civil. Detests taking orders or feeling like she is being constrained in any way. As such she’s generally hard to control or predict, and often she acts only to stafisty whatever her current whims are with little thought of the possible consequences.

Pleasure-seeking/Ruthless: She finds herself growing bored fairly quickly, and is constantly seeking new things to amuse her. Often involving violence and almost always at the expense of others.

Shiki Background
History: Monsters aren’t created idly: The only constant in Morana’s life has been hardship. From being forced to kill and eat her womb-mates to survive as a freshly born whelp, from serving in the legions of a great demon Lord during her formative years.

If one thing has been beaten into psyche over her millennia of existence it’s that if that you are unable to fight, if you are unable to Kill, you are less than meat - a meal, a slave, a toy: Nothing. Morana didn’t chose to come to earth, she was thrown to earth. Stripped and beaten within an inch of her life, exiled from her world and wiped of her status by beings more powerful than her. Thrown into a world of weaklings, of creatures who fear her - obey her… In this world she has the power, no human can touch her - they worship the corpses she leaves in her wake. If this is what it takes to be free, than she pities anyone who tries to stop her.

Perception of Humanity: Meat. Cattle. She has no interest in the affairs of humans and has no qualms in ending their lives. The idea of being bound to one actively disgusts and angers her, but her hunger for prana is insatiable, and to that end she has swallowed her pride and opened her self to helping the occultists - at least for now.

Resistant to pain/Flaming claws: Her claws are razor sharp, and she can wreath and part of her body in flames that can melt through steel just by touching it.

Flame Displacement: She wreaths herself in flames: in addition to burning people who get close to her the flames mirror parts of her image, making it hard to tell where she actually is in the blaze.

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

-Her physiology rejects anything that isn’t fresh red meat, and She usually subsists on small animals to that effect.
-She mainly uses her wings to grant her a degree of verticality, as they are too weak to carry her for extended periods.

Vonandi

Sorry I've been really preoccupied with writing fictions samples for a class I have, so I haven't been on much. but they're finished now so I should be free from now on. I'll read over the new posts as soon as I get a chance but until then is there any overarching changes to the new game I should know about?

SweetSerenade

GM Announcement

For all Profiles being sent after this point - WE are currently going to hold back on accepting any Combat orientated Shiki, we need Support shiki. Healers, Stat boosters, Shiki that do not enter combat unless absolutely needed. We have only a few Shiki spots left and we need some Support to boost our Shiki. Two Healers can't save that many tanks... xD

SweetSerenade

GM Announcement

2 Male Shiki slots remain, we are considering taking one more Male shiki that has offensive capabilities, but will be exceptionally picky in doing so. Please review what we have in the game, and then look at what we may not have. We will be more easily accepting of something unique, compared to something we already have (Race and character type wise.) - GM NPCs do not count, so do not worry about them, build your character off of the PCs already in the game and what we lack for the long term of the game.

Alistair Leonhart

Quick Announcement:

The GM Team would like to inform all of you that we are taking a short break to lessen confusion among players, as well as to deal with other issues apart from the game (Most of you are aware of SS' Final tomorrow, for example). The start date (Previously the 24th) may be extended one or two days, while we deal with said issues and also work on the cogs and gears needed for the game to start (Such as the Trainer Teams). We sincerely apologize for this delay and promise we'll do our best to get things sorted out as soon as possible.

Tokyorose627

I’m interested in this game, the plot and overall genre sounds amazing to RP in! I’ll be making a Shiki for the Support class tonight, hopefully finished by then too!

WIP

Name: Mallory
Player: Tokyorose627
Height: 5’0
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
World: // Charon

Personality
(Carefree): Being stressed out and worried all of the time over small things didn’t help anyone, did it? Mallory likes to keep a relaxed and calm mindset, taking things slow when it comes to work that she needs to do. Always one to keep up on her duties and tasks, she doesn’t get stressed or overwhelmed, finding that it only seemed to make things worse. As a result, she’s become someone that help others relax and wind down, being an breath of air and comfort for some.
(Thoughtful): As her attitude tends to be more relaxed, she tends to think of others and their wellbeing. Wanting to help in whatever way she can, she’s tends to ask others if they need help or if they are in need of anything. This tends to result in her being quite busy the rest of the day, but as long as others could take a breath and relax, then her job was a success! Being someone to talk to allows her to learn more about others, and she never seems to pass the chance to learn.

Shiki Background

History Mallory lived amongst others in Charon, keeping to herself and doing what she wished. Exploring the world was something she always intrigued in, and as years past, it was something she continued to do. It wasn’t until a few centuries later that she had begun to talk to others that lived in her world, all waiting for the day that they would be summoned. She found it strange, everyday when one individual would disappear, to another, then another; why was summoning a Shiki of such importance to humans? She knew humans had problems, many of them caused by their own race, but what could they do to fix it?

Her curiosities seemed to get the better of her however, when she soon found herself summoned by an Occultist, and one that was simply a beginner. They did not know what she was or what to do with her, but they simply gave her a name, and had her become a simple handmaiden for the time being. The year of wicked women in trials were soon over by the time she had helped her Master, but when the time came for her to leave, they refused. Hellbent on keeping her to use her power, Mallory fought them, and in the end, to her Master had died, but not before a magic had been cast on her, rendering into a deep sleep. For centuries she slept, and when the time came that she finally awoke, it was the modern era. Confused as to what time it was, and as to where she could return to Charon, she found that her magic had weakened from the magic cast in her. Unsure of what she should do, Mallory began to wonder the Earth once more, finding modern times to be rather strange at first. Over time, she became accustomed to humans and their ways, and began to mingle within their society, blending in as a human, until she could find a way back to her home.

Perception of Humanity On one hand, she finds humans to be a bit stupid, due to some of the things they have done in their short existence. Causing wars and famine across the world, and many fights being amongst one another, she couldn’t tell what to make of them. However, once she came to Earth and found herself amongst the race of people, she found that they were much more complex then she believed. They had thoughts and emotions, and had discussions about the world beyond.

(Voice of the Angels) By singing a melody, Mallory is able to imbue an individual with a feeling of happiness and warmth, drowning out panic and pain otherwise felt from injuries, as her magic heals them. Affects from her magic are limited, so she cannot heal serious injuries completely.

(1st Verse) A melody grants an individual the strength they possess, twicefold. It lasts for only one minute.

(2nd Verse) A melody that grants an individual increased defense, blocking attacks that would otherwise immensely injure them. This last for only one minute.

(3rd Verse) A short melody that heals an individual of an alignment such as poison.

(Maiden’s Rhapsody) The final verse, when sung, creates a barrier around Mallory and whoever is near, healing and imbuing whoever is inside with vitality and energy to fight on. The effect lasts for 2 minutes.

- Mallory loves having different clothes, especially human clothes. She finds something so interesting, with all the different types of clothes, and colors that she could choose from. Despite this, no outfit compares to the clothes she wore when living in Charon: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/b/b2/L_olivia.png/revision/latest?cb=20160810114900

- Her Rhapsody (Theme song): https://soundcloud.com/hakan-cakir-209451797/the-heritors-of-arcadia-fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-ost

- She doesn’t seem to think of it as important information, but she still retains her virtue. She just hasn’t found the right person to be her match yet.

akirakaneda

Male ocultist just here! (geez I hope it's not too late)