A Night at the Museum (A CYOA, Reader Directed)

Started by NileGoddess, May 06, 2012, 08:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileGoddess

A Night at the Museum
A Choose Your Own Adventure

The Story
Angelica 'Angie' Lee is going to be attending a gala at the local museum. However, the night ahead of her is anything but ordinary. Little does she know that she’s about to go on an adventure full of peril, danger and erotica. Not everyone at the gala is interested in just looking at the priceless exhibits, and then there is the museum itself; full of mysterious items from ancient times said to be magical...or cursed. What lies around the next corner, or in the next wing of the museum? Something magical? Something dangerous? She’ll have to think quickly on feet and be ready for anything…

Meet the Heroine!
Meet the Heroine

Angelica 'Angie' Lee is in her second semester as a sophomore in college in her early twenties. She is very outgoing, social, and friendly, and loves to have a good time, but still knows when it's time to get serious, especially when it comes to homework. She's an honor student in the upper percentile of her class, planning on double-majoring in archeology and anthropology. Between studying and her ample social life, she’s always busy with something, whether it be partying with friends on the weekend or pulling an all-nighter in the library.

She's a cute, bubbly girl trapped in an older woman's body. Her mother is of Hawaiian descent, and has passed on the exotic eastern look to Angelica. This earned her a lot of looks from the boys, especially from her days in high school, though dating has been difficult for her (mainly due to her busy schedule and the various 'attitude' she gets from the opposite sex). With a full figure she earns a bit of pay as a part-time model, though her studies usually keep her much busier.

While Angie is usually pretty capable, she can come off as ditzy sometimes, and this is especially noticeable in any school subject that isn't about digging up some past civilization. Sometimes her looks come before function, and she becomes more concerned with looking good than anything else.

How it Works
The readers (that's you!) will be assuming the role of the choices of the main character. As GM, I will write the story post by post. At the end of each post, a choice or choices will be given. Readers will vote in the appropriate thread which action/choice to take, and the majority of the vote will win. The story will then proceed with that choice and its resulting consequences. The idea is to create one of those CYOA books where you select which page to go to; instead of flipping to a page, I’ll write the next appropriate post. Reader choice will be what drives the story; while some choices may seem irrelevant at the time, they may end up having a big impact later, and other choices may lead to entirely different stories.

Readers will not be given the opportunity to influence or suggest how the story progresses otherwise, such as requesting settings, plots, or concepts. Threads will consist of the main story thread, which readers will not be allowed to post in, a general chat section for discussing what has happened (or what might happen), and then the voting thread, where votes will be cast. Like most CYOAs, you may not be able to see beyond the choice, and may run into unforseen consequences. There will be safeguards against the story abruptly ending with death you can't possibly see coming though, in order to prevent the game from simply ending because of a bad choice after a couple of posts.

Commitment
Before signing up, be sure that you are interested in the story and want to see how it pans out and evolves. Things may happen that you may not like (ie, a twist or kink may not play out exactly like you imagine), but I'm hoping that will be part of the charm.

Since this is an erotic adventure, kinks will be limited to what will be stated below. Things will not suddenly turn to extreme without warning if it isn't in the list. If I think of something mid story, I will put it to a vote among the participants. Likewise, if something isn't particularly on par with your kinks, it is not intentional on my part, but with this kind of free choice and user input, it's possible we might stumble into something that some people might not enjoy as much. I'll try my best to keep the story focused along the given themes so that interested parties don't have to worry about reading things that don't interest them (or turn them off)

So with that in mind, I'd like for people to stick with the game if at all possible. You can join whenever you want, but I think consistent voting would help the game. If a bunch of people suddenly leave, it makes getting a consensus harder, and could even kill the story. At the very least, it would involve posting your vote about once a week; I'll be doing all of or most of the writing. Lastly, the pace of this is going to be leisurely. I will try to set some kind of consistent system that allows me to write and update at a regular pace, but it may be around a week before I do a post, and then initiate the vote.

Possible Themes
Consensual sex
Bondage
Non-consensual sex
Light BDSM
Magic/Fantasy/Mystery
Possible character death/perilous situations (non-graphic)
Campy adventure situations.

So, if you are interested in participating, post your interest in this thread and tell your friends to join! If enough interest is garnered, the rest of the threads will be posted and the story may commence.

SeriousMoonlight

This is a really fun and clever idea! I'm interested  :-)
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Beguile's Mistress

I've been hearing the noise and waiting for this to happen.  Count me in.

NileGoddess

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 06, 2012, 09:48:58 PM
I've been hearing the noise and waiting for this to happen.  Count me in.

Wow, I hope I don't disappoint!

Sarah Morgan

Unusual and interesting concept!  Count me in, most definitely!

Beguile's Mistress

NileGoddess

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 06, 2012, 11:31:26 PM
I think it will be fun.

I hope so too!

So are current roster of readers is as follows:

SeriousMoonlight
Beguile's Mistress
Sarah Morgan

Thank you for your interest! To other interested parties, there is no limit to the readers.

Miss Lilly

I'm not sure I should put my name down, Nile...but you know I'll be reading along anyway!
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

NileGoddess

You are of course welcome to be a part of this Lilly!

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

NileGoddess

Yep, still open. I will probably give it a couple more days before we kick things off. That gives us 4-5 readers and voters. But the more the merrier.

Lilly, since you agreed to be my cohort of sorts in some of the writing from time to time, we may have to limit your voting to sections that you don't help me with.

Miss Lilly

That's kind of what I was thinking, Nile! I don't want to have undue influence on things, lol.
Visit Lola's!

NileGoddess

Quote from: Water Lilly on May 08, 2012, 09:28:25 AM
That's kind of what I was thinking, Nile! I don't want to have undue influence on things, lol.

I'm sure you wouldn't be biased in any way, but I'd rather not bring any options for people to point fingers into the game.

Miss Lilly

Visit Lola's!

Latooni Subota

A choose your own adventure? So much nostalgia! I'll just have to help out with this! XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

NileGoddess

Lord Drake

Is there room for this old Lone Wolf Gamebook aficionado?

;D
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

NileGoddess

summoner2183

Kuje

This look fun and I miss having a choose your own adventure series. Haven't read them in years and the last ones I read was also Lone Wolf. Wonders what ever happened to my collection of those. :(

So, count me interested!

NileGoddess

Thanks for the interest summoner and Kuje!

So by my count we have:

SeriousMoonlight
Beguile's Mistress
Sarah Morgan
Water Lilly
DTW
Latooni Subota
Lord Drake
summoner2183
Kuje

So, readers, what's your opinion? That puts us at 9 readers/voters. Do you think that will be enough to start?

Latooni Subota

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Kuje

Haibane

We could make it a nice round 10, if you don't worry that an even number of voters could cause a split vote.

Miss Lilly

Haibane, there'll be a number of times I won't be voting, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, as far as I can see.
Visit Lola's!