Seeing #numbers when people use formatting in headers suddenly

Started by Kakihara, April 14, 2021, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakihara

not sure what happened but suddenly I'm seeing numbers appearing on the board when people are using formatting in headers.  Examples:

Last post in Re: 🌸#127800When Sakura gets L... by Lady Sakura on Today at 09:27:57 am

Last post in Re: 𝕋#120139𝕙#120153𝕖#120150 𝔽#120125𝕠#120160𝕣#120163𝕘#120152𝕠#120160𝕥#120165𝕥... by Sasquatch421 on April 11, 2021, 01:53:38 pm

I don't believe I've seen this before when people reply with a header that's been formatted so I'm not sure if something changed or what but like in the latter case it's really taking up a lot of space and is just gobbledygook on the page.

Vekseid

Kakihara

I'm only seeing it on the main board at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php.  If I go into the subforum you no longer see it.

The two I noticed it on, the latter is : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php  and the former is : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=331297.0

And for some reason I only see these formatting numbers displayed on the overall board, like when you first log in, the main page. but if I go into the forum to see they display just fine. 

Timeless

Oniya

I started noticing that last night as well.  The 'Completed Tales' entry on the Home Page shows the last post as being Re: Flames [Phoebetor &amp...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Hrm. What browser are you on?

I doubt thee issue will survive the upgrade at least.

Timeless

Quote from: Vekseid on April 14, 2021, 09:17:20 PM
Hrm. What browser are you on?

I doubt thee issue will survive the upgrade at least.

I'm using Chrome at the moment.

Kakihara

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lexandria

Getting it on chrome on my phone and firefox on my laptop.

Chasing Dreams

I'm getting it on Samsung Internet on my phone and on firefox on my laptop.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Formless

I see it too. But only in the NC-exotic section. The thread title is “Forgotten Lands of enon”

What I wanna point out is that the thread title is written in a special font? Or some flair to it?

That’s just my observation

Oniya

Quote from: Formless on April 15, 2021, 01:47:00 PM
I see it too. But only in the NC-exotic section. The thread title is “Forgotten Lands of enon”

What I wanna point out is that the thread title is written in a special font? Or some flair to it?

That’s just my observation

If you look in the center column, do you see the '&amp' in Completed Tales?  That board doesn't move quickly, but I also saw the '&amp' when the 'Chatter & Announcements' was updated in Literary Discussion.  (That one has moved on.)  Also when Autumnal updated her A/A's, which have a red leaf in the title of the thread.

Formless

Quote from: Oniya on April 15, 2021, 02:23:37 PM
If you look in the center column, do you see the '&amp' in Completed Tales?  That board doesn't move quickly, but I also saw the '&amp' when the 'Chatter & Announcements' was updated in Literary Discussion.  (That one has moved on.)  Also when Autumnal updated her A/A's, which have a red leaf in the title of the thread.

Looks fine to me for the other sections.

Guess it only shows if its up on the main page

Oniya

Yes, it's solely on the home page - that's why I pointed out the one in Completed Tales, which should stay on the home page for a while.

Laughing Hyena

marauder13

I can see them too, using Firefox on PC.

Right now, in Ladies Ons and Offs on the main page, it currently appears

LambChops O/O &amp Characters, but when the mouse hovers over it, it reads in the 'pop-up' LambChops O/O & Characters