News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

MMORPG - Favorite and why?

Started by Elandra, October 16, 2006, 01:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

I am totally addicted to COH/COV mostly COH.   I am co-leader to Brotherhood of the Brujah SG on Protector.  I also play Kingdom of Loathing and occasionaly Wow

Akasha

I have to say Guild Wars since it was the first mmorpg I played, and I still enjoy it almost a year and a half later. Mind you it begins to get a little boring sometimes, until they nerf something else, or add a new campaign.

The extra little festivals are always fun too. ^^
I'm sweet, but not too sweet. ;)

Akasha's ons/offs

KeyOfTwilight

I play WoW extensively.  For those of you who understand this, I am a lvl. 70 Night Elf Hunter on The Scryers server, almost all blues with two greens, two purples, and my tier 4 shoulder piece.  My guild runs Karazhan weekly, as well as Gruul's Lair every sunday.  So yeah, Im geeking it out.

Swedish Steel

Blergh. Wow is the suck. I still enjoy CoH/CoV now and then though, I like a game I can play casually.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

KeyOfTwilight

The best game ever for MMOs was actually FFXI, and if it had been easier to level, and had not been overrun by gold farmers, it would beat WoW any day.

HairyHeretic

I gave WoW a try on a friends account, and while I can see the quality of it, it just never really hooked me as it seems to have done so many others.

A lot of my Guild seem to be heavily involved with hobbit fondling on that Lord of the Rings Online though  ;D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Bayushi

Quote from: KeyOfTwilight on July 17, 2007, 12:45:12 AMI play WoW extensively.  For those of you who understand this, I am a lvl. 70 Night Elf Hunter on The Scryers server, almost all blues with two greens, two purples, and my tier 4 shoulder piece.  My guild runs Karazhan weekly, as well as Gruul's Lair every sunday.  So yeah, Im geeking it out.

Good to see that I'm not the ONLY one geeking it out.  :P

My Human Rogue is Level 70, having transferred from the Mannoroth(pvp) realm to the Twisting Nether(rp-pvp) realm on 4 July. While on Mannoroth, however, I was in a raid guild. I'm 3/4 epic(with Tier 4 gloves), as we ran three seperate Karazhan raid groups each week, with one Gruul's Lair group also. We had been planning to get into The Eye, but I'd had enough of the BS from the Guild Leader and some other people there on Mannoroth.

So I grabbed me up a paid character transfer, and moved to Twisting Nether. I'm in a brand new, slowly growing guild, pvp'ing my ass off.

Quote from: DancerTamara on January 06, 2007, 01:46:29 PMI play in Sociolotron.  It's an adult MMORPG.  Sex, politics, survival, crime...The graphics are crude but it's a lot of fun.

I'm giving Sociolotron a try.... it's kinda lame, but not too bad, really. It's nice for adult characters to actually be able to act like adults, for once. Ah well, such are the pitfalls of living in a world run by religious fundamentalists.  >:(

KeyOfTwilight

Usually you shouldnt be starting The eye before you do Magtheridon @_@;

Stevej101

Strictly Guild Wars here, I really don't like the "pay $50 for my game and then more for the server use"  I'm into the third expansion now and am looking forward to both the 4th and GW2 coming soon.

Flyte Tyme is a character name if anyone here is interested in playing with me...I mean Guild Wars...really.  :D
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Lanzlo

WoW addict here. I've been with it almost since the beginning, and I still enjoy it. I'm mainly Alliance on the Silverhand server (70 NE Rogue, 59 Draenei Shaman, 48 Human Warrior. Sometimes break out my 41 Human Paladin, but not often.) Not much into PvP (mainly because I suck at it. :P)

Tried EQ for a bit, and got frustrated that, at the higher levels, you couldn't do anything without finding a group. Done some with CoH/V (both sides) and it became an "Eh..." situation. I may return, given enough incentive.

Bayushi

Quote from: Stevej101 on July 17, 2007, 02:29:01 PMStrictly Guild Wars here, I really don't like the "pay $50 for my game and then more for the server use"

I used to be just like you. Strictly Guild Wars. Then I realized that I could easily spend $15 in a half hour at a coin-op arcade, where $15 lasts an entire month with WoW.

It's also my opinion that with the constant addition of new content, free from expansions, the monthly fee is justified. It's pretty bad when an end-game guild clears the brand new uber-raid dungeon within weeks of it being released.... so they have to keep up with the demand/need of new content, for the 'hard-core' players.

In addition to all that, I honestly think Guild Wars needs major revamping. From my experience(which was just through Factions), the inability to solo anything was.... frustrating. WHY do I have to have a group for EVERYTHING?

Heh, hence why I play the ultimate loner class, in WoW. The Rogue is a great solo'ing class, other than that it has no armor to speak of, no healing capacity, no Area-of-Effect abilities, etc.

*shrug* Nothing's perfect, I guess.

King_Furby

Planetside was mine untill i got really into Halo Custom Edition for PC. I got like a 6 month trial for Planetside as a free offer when they were trying to recruit a larger player base. Yes you could not get the best weapons or vehicles and had to really specialize to be a good player on the demo. It was the full game you were just restricted by level and some equipment. But it was like $25 bucks a month and i could not justify the expense. But during the free trial i still had fun as it was a giant war zone and no single person really could shine. With over 200 people on a single map fighting things got crazy. Dropships, tanks, snipers all sorts of things would be in one battle. It was my fav MMORPG because 1 it was massive, 2 it was sci-fi, 3 it was a first person shooter as well as an MMORPG and 4 i was decent at it.

i was mad when my trial ran out and i could not afford the monthly fee. but it was constantly updated as with most MMO's. it had every feature of any other major MMO. But Planetside just never really got as famous as guild wars and other MMO, but it's a great game.

ZK

As for MMORPGs, I've played a -LOT- of them, as a player and as a beta tester. But only a few I actually stayed in.

So far, the only "MMORPG" more like "MMOSimulation" is Second Life, primarily for the fact that I make actual real money in it as profit.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Swedish Steel

I liked Planetside too, but couldn't justify the expense either.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

HairyHeretic

I still play Planetside, though I've not been on in a while, due to wanting to level up my villians a bit in CoV.

I tend to go for dedicated sniper and support merits. Got about 2700 sniper kills at last count, and that was just from when they strated tracking kills for merits.  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

I need to play in a game somewhere too...any suggestions?

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

What kind of game you looking for? -RPG or -FPS? Free or paid? Sci fi, Fantasy, Modern, or something else entirely?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

RPG, no FPS. I like FPS games but I'd never Pay to Play one. As for setting, anything goes.

List away and I'll tell you if I played it or not.

HairyHeretic

Only ones I can give you personal views on are WoW, CoH/CoV, D&D Online and Dark Age of Camelot.

I've played WoW on a friends account, and its not bad, but I spent most of my time soloing. I never really got involved with either PvP or Guilds. The game is certainly nice, but it didn't hook me the way it has a lot of others.

D&D Online: Graphics are lovely. Gameplay is pure D&D3 rules, and therein lies part of the problem. The rules when used with a pen and paper group work because you have a DM who can work around player insanity. In the computer, you have few choices, and no way of thinking outside the box.

I also disliked that it forced me to group in order to do some adventures. Within about 2 days I hit a scenario that I simply could not solo, and that kinda did it for me. Also, having dungeons reset if you are outside them for longer than a certain period of time was extremely frustrating.

DAoC I had heard a lot of good things about, and wanted to like, but unfortunately it never really hooked me either. I found part of the quest system frustrating, because I couldn't find a trainer to allow me to choose an advanced career.

I should point out, both of these were just the free trials.

City of Heroes/Villians I like, and have been playing since beta. I am involved with what I consider good supergroups so that does make a difference. The costume editor has an amazing range of choices, and regular infusions of new content also make this, IMO, one of the better games out there.

I came across an ad for this one

http://www.metin-2.com/index.php

which looks like it might be fun, but haven't got round to checking it out yet.

http://www.mmorpg.com is probably a good one stop site for you to get an idea of the best stuff thats out there.

I have friends playing both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings Online as well, the latter quite popular with my Planetside outfit.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Seereous

I play Final Fantasy XI online. 

I don't care that it sometimes takes forever to level.  I like the challenge and I can lose myself in the game for hours sometimes.  I also like the wide variety of jobs that you can play as.  If you get tired of one job, it's cool, just switch to another.

ZK

Irony has it, I've played all the games that were listed [all but that free one]. Some Alpha & Beta, other Beta and Full.

Heh, am I sure I am not Korean?