Sowing Seeds (3.5 D&D, story driven, lgbt friendly)

Started by SmilingFox, December 18, 2014, 12:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

I've decided to start working on an Lesser Assimar Favored Soul Oracle!

Smiling, any ruling on possibly incorporating Pathfinder?

SmilingFox

I'll allow Pathfinder on a case by case basis. I'm not as familiar with the system as I'd like to be, but so long as I can look things up to make sure it integrates properly I'm fine with it.

(I do recall absolutely adoring the summoner class at least.)

Chulanowa

Rune

I can't find my 3.5 stuff, so I might have to back out. I think I know where my Pathfinder stuff is. I will dig around and submit something if I find it.

PhantomPistoleer

Hmm.

Pathfinder and 3.5 have different skill sets?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Some 3.5 skills are combined in pathfinder, so skills work a little differently.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SmilingFox

I'd prefer to stick to the 3.5 skill list if at all possible. If someone plays a Pathfinder class that requires a Pathfinder specific skill, we'll find an appropriate substitute in the 3.5 skill list.

TheLoneHero

Eh, with  the mixing with pathfinder I don't think I can do it, sorry.

Bibliophilia

I don't think you need to include PF if you don't want.  That's just for those of us who prefer PF classes/races and want to fit them into 3.5.

Rook Seidhr

Yeah, I'm really reluctant to mix in Pathfinder stuff as well.

I think I'm going to recuse myself.

Chulanowa

Pathfinder -> 3.5 skill conversion works like this:

Acrobatics -> balance, jump, tumble
Diplomacy -> diplomacy, gather information
Disable Device -> disable device, open lock
Linguistics -> decipher script, forgery, speak languages
Perception -> listen, search, spot
Stealth - Hide, move silently
Fly -> ???? ...Balance, I guess?

Muse

Quote from: Blinkin on December 19, 2014, 03:09:07 PM
Anyone know of a useful magic item in the 2,500 or less GP range? I don't want to focus on weapon or defense items...

Eyes of the EAgel
Type I bag of Holding.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

SmilingFox

If pathfinder is so disliked that the idea of possibly playing alongside someone using one of their classes is a deal breaker, then I suppose I wish you the best. As I said, pathfinder stuff will be on a case by case basis, and isn't a major prerequisite for the game.

TheLoneHero

It's not really disliked, I just don't know how to play it, and the game seems to be filling up anyway.

PhantomPistoleer

I don't dislike Pathfinder, but I feel that we need to be upfront with the differences.  I wouldn't mind mixing, but I would prefer to have an idea of what EVERYONE is going to be doing, rules-wise.

For example, races, classes, and character progression is a lot weaker in 3.5 than it is in Pathfinder. 

I would like for a bit of clarity, honestly.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

SmilingFox

To clarify then. I will allow Pathfinder on a case by case basis. Specifically, if someone wants to play a Pathfinder class, I'll look over it and decide if it would be balanced with the rest of the party. Getting up in arms over that seems a bit silly.

This is not a pathfinder game. you don't need to know the pathfinder rules, and you don't need to be concerned with being overshadowed by a pathfinder class.

I can't give you more details than that until someone brings forward character proposals.

kckolbe

Well, looks like Bibliophilia is offering to play a healer.  I'm still willing to go warmage/healer and play the Mystic Theurge, since I think he really fits the setting.  Artificer and Marshal are two other 3.5 classes I really like, so if we need a combat type I can go with one of those.  They aren't as one-dimensional as fighters, at least.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Pondering a tibbit Beguiler or possibly Binder. There are too many boys in this party and sooner or later someone will complain that there isn't enough

Tibbit Beguiler sounds about right, really it does.

Power Word: Tummyscritches

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Chulanowa

Bibliophilia

That's exactly what I'm doing, Blinkin.  -peers at the others.-  I just wanted the class, and I'm converting everything possible to 3.5.  I assumed that was what Smiling meant when he said it would be okay.  That one could simply manhandle a PF class to fit into 3.5 and follow all the 3.5 rules.  Why would anyone assume differently?

Oh, and Kc, I'm not going healer with mine, so if you want to keep yours as-is, that would be fine!  Shani is more...uh...solar blaster.

kckolbe

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 20, 2014, 05:51:30 AM
Oh, and Kc, I'm not going healer with mine, so if you want to keep yours as-is, that would be fine!  Shani is more...uh...solar blaster.

Really?  That is interesting.  With both of us playing hybrid damage/healers, I think we cover both bases well enough.  Not my decision, of course, but it checks logically.  Also, good opportunity for a tie-in.  My character has mainly studied the arcane to learn the secrets of both destruction and restoration (for fluff), whereas yours sought the same abilities through the divine.

Intro Thread

Bibliophilia

-nods.-  I'm still working on her, but she's likely going to be more damage and weirdly druidic than anything.

Smiling, how would you like me to handle Orisons?  I'm fine not taking them, if you'd prefer me not to.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 20, 2014, 03:10:03 AM
Whaaat, no Pun-pun kobold, Carni?

Naaaaaaaaaaah. I had a tibbit factotum/archer in SF's first game here, but there's already a bid in for factotum so I'm just looking for other entertaining things to do with kitties.

(Besides, Pun-pun is so underpowered...)

Compared to 3.5's ancient dragonspawn kobold-cheese, tibbits really aren't that wacky. Especially if you play their poly'ed strength correctly, which I do (it's a -8 to STRENGTH not to strength CHECKS and I don't know how anyone can interpret it the other way based on what's written, blargh. No kitty, put down that boulder, you can't keep it...).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Bibliophilia

-pets Carni's boulder kitty.-

Smiling, here's the sheet I have so far.  I don't want to touch the spells just yet, because Oracles are weird on spells.  Namely, they can get all the cure or inflict spells that are included in the spell list for each level they can take.

Shani Lamit

And here is the info on Oracles, so you can review it.  Oracle

PhantomPistoleer

I haven't done any backstory yet, but my character is going to be a factotum.  He or she will be a scholar of sorts.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1077893

I am busy today, but I will work on it later.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O