The War Tower at Belleron (D&D Social Game)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, December 04, 2013, 02:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EroticFantasyAuthor

Art inspiration for Dawn(NSFW, scantily clad)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Real Life References for Dawn(NSFW, nudity)
Model is Eva(Iga) Wywral

Art Inspiration for Stephanie(NSFW, scantily clad)
Closest I've found so far, pretty much spot on except for a few things: wrong type of bodysuit, no chain shirt, modern setting and Russian theme.

Real Life References for Stephanie(NSFW, nudity)
  Model is Michelle Marsh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:  Dawn / Stephanie Anathitae| Race:  Nymph Blooded Half Elf(Wood)| Height: 5'9" / 5'10"
Player: EFA| Gender: Female | Weight: 120 / 125
Update: December 20, 2013| Age: 23 / 25| Eyes: Green / Blue-Green
Align: Chaotic Good| Size: Medium| Hair: Dark Red / Blonde

Deity: Aaluran
| Speed: 30 ft / 50 ft| Hand: Right / Ambidextrous

Sexuality: Bi-Sexual
| Disposition: Kind-Flirty / Bold-Flirty| Frequency:  I try to post at the very least once every 72 hours.
Dawn / Stephanie

They grew up in a loving family, raised by not just their parents, but grandparents & relatives as well, including close family friends. They lived in a small Wood Elven town settled in an old fey forest, it was not an uncommon sight to see friendly fey around the town, centaurs, satyrs, and dryads were common place. The town's primary Diety is Aaluaran.

The High Priestess is a Nymph, their grandmother, her grove is the town's temple grounds and place of worship. Their mother is a Half-Nymph Woof Elf, and like her mother, a Carnal Mage of great skill. Their father is a charming Human Rogue who favors daggers & acrobatics. One of their parents' former adventuring companions retired to live in the town alongside them. A Changeling Bard who shared her friends' love of Aaluran, and is also a talented seamstress. She has been like an aunt to both Dawn and Stephanie, gifting them each with an identical magic item that would allow them to change their outfits on a whim, their imagination being the only real limit.

As young girls they were taught and spent time with each member of their family. Early on Dawn showed an intense fascination with arcane magic. She was overjoyed when she awoke one morning with purple hair, having had a dream about changing her hair color with a spell. Her mother and grandmother began her training immediately. She was eager to learn all she could, not just about arcane magic, but nature, and Aaluran as well(of course some information was saved until she came of age).

While Stephanie always enjoyed watching her mother and grandmother use arcane magic, she was far more interested in testing and challenging herself. She seemed to be a natural acrobat, spending entire days in the tree-tops. It did not take her long before she was asking her father to teach her those cool dagger tricks he always showed people. Her father handling most of her training.

Even after their training was complete, they stayed around the town for several years, putting what they've learned to good use by helping where they could. Eventually the desire to see the world got the better of them. With plenty of heartfelt "goodbye, stay safe"s and well wishes, they left their home town to start their days of adventuring. Intending to help make the world a better place while sharing Aaluran's teachings with those interested.

((From an old campaign - Dawn is Purple, Stephanie is Teal))

"You're quite welcome! I'm always happy to help!"She knew he was a bit distrustful of magic, but hoped that with time, and further displays of how helpful magic can be, would help him to lose that distrust. She couldn't help that wide almost wickedly naughty grin from spreading over full pouty ruby painted lips as he offered to repay her and promptly cut himself off.

"Oh you don't need to repay me" She'd say as she leaned over once again, even further than the previous time. Allowing herself to slightly press her upper curves against Rarovan's side her hot breath was felt on his ear. Her soft voice heard in a whisper that would tickle Rarovan's ear-drums. "Though I certainly wouldn't refuse if you wanted to show your appreciation... I bet no one would notice if I slid into your lap once the entertainment starts" She'd pull back just slightly looking to the stage, lingering enough to allow Rarovan to follow her gaze. Whatever tonight's entertainment was, would be such a good distraction for some public naughtiness.

The buxom blonde seemed to straighten up in her chair a bit as she heard the shouting in orc. Only relaxing after it seemed there was no danger and the servers where just being ordered to bring them more wonderful ale. "Thank you for the refills!" She'd declare with a bright smile "It just soooo good! I can't get enough!" An expression of pure ecstasy briefly crossing her beautiful visage before that long nimble tongue slowly traced her lips in a seductive lick, all for the server's benefit. She'd wink at him before turning her attention back to table.

She could tell that the hyper curvaceous catgirl was starting to really enjoy the ale, having had more drinks than the blonde. She herself was starting to feel the wonderful side-effects of the alcohol. That warm feeling beginning within her stomach and slowly radiating out to the rest of her body. What little inhibitions she had would melt away with the more she drank. So much so that when she was properly drunk, her hands tended to wander. After having quite a few drinks, tt wouldn't be long before would they toy and caress over her own body periodically, but they also had the habit of doing so to any near by friends.

Not to mention that the alcohol served as a catalyst to ignite her already easily excitable desires, getting drunk always made her rather horny. Even sex was better when she had had something to drink. She couldn't help but wonder and hope that the alcohol had a similar effect on Catalina. She did of course plan to find out before the night was over. Now however, her attention had drifted to the stage, curious to she what type of entertainment they were all about to be treated to.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 19, 2013, 04:04:11 AM
Oh?  What is the specific character concept you're going for?  I might be able to come up with an alternative suggestion.

Not entirely sure at this point, but a Hellbred or Dragon-Born of Bahumut are always nice to go with a Dragonfire Adept.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

Gonna finish up my characters during this weekend.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 20, 2013, 09:42:54 AM
Not entirely sure at this point, but a Hellbred or Dragon-Born of Bahumut are always nice to go with a Dragonfire Adept.

That's certainly true.  Given that this is a gestalt game, you could even go for a straight-up half dragon. ^^

ShadowFox89

I didn't even notice this is gestalt xD

Would probably go full on Master of Charm, and go dragonfire adept/beguiler.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Barenmarder

If there are still spaces, I should like to throw my hat in the ring.

I'm not super familiar with Eberron, but I have a few concepts floating around that I would like the chance to write. The first that comes to mind is a Minotaur Cleric of a storm or earth god (not sure who that would be in Eberron, but I can always just make one up) by the name of Khalus Ironfist. I also have a Warforged Monk concept, a straight plankton-standard human fighter and a Dwarven Wizard or Sorcerer concept.

Been a while since I played with 3.5 but I think I can gin up a character sheet over the weekend if there is interest and room for one more.

TTFN,

Barenmarder

~The Knight in the Shiny Armoire~
Ceterum autem censeo, America esse delendam
~~~
Speaker for Quellism
Evil Deeds done, Nefarious Schemes plotted, Maniacal Villain Laughter by request.
"Ask about our hourly rates."
est. 1979
RT: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227285.0
F-List: http://www.f-list.net/c/the%20wandering%20bear/

ShadowFox89

Well, in Eberron, you can simply say "I worship storms" and get divine power.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PhantomPistoleer

There are two elements that I would like to address:

The first is, this is supposed to be a character repository.  The purpose of the game is to bring back characters that you fell in love with, and put them somewhere where they might see the light of day again.  I mean, I sort of feel like everyone really hopped on the crazy "let's build the most OP character ever!" train, which isn't what I initially wanted to undertake.  I understand that people want to try out different things with their characters and stuff, but when everyone is pouring through the Monster books to empower their characters, it gets a little... well, it goes against the nature of the game I initially set out to create.

Yes, the inn has all manners of weird characters from different worlds, and they might be completely unlike anything that the people of Eberron have ever seen.  The inn is like the Mos Eisley Cantina, with a wide assortment of creatures from all over the Planes of Existence.  But you don't NEED to build an outrageously powerful character to have fun.

The second thing I would like to address is, you don't have to have any ties to Eberron.  You don't need to worship Eberron Gods.  You can worship Gods from the Forgotten Realms.  You can worship the Gods of Greyhawk.  You can worship the God you created for a custom fantasy campaign that you played in ten years ago.  The Green Dragon Inn is like Planescape.

Lastly, in terms of character creation, the only thing that I really don't care for is Homebrew, and the only real reason for that is that I really don't care to review mechanics or balance.  It's really why I never cared for psionics.  But as far as the mechanics of worship and deities, you can really go all out.  You want to build a character that was the Queen of a large Kingdom?  Sure!  That's all good.  You want to build a character that is the avatar to an ancient God from another realm from another dimension?  Sure!

But the point I would like to address first and foremost is, the character should have already been created in terms of background and plot.  You are just customizing him or her for the setting.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ShadowFox89

I'm notoriously horrible at building characters, I just like making things that mesh well together ^^'

And I have yet to play a Dragonfire Adept for more than a few scenes in any game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Barenmarder

I really hope I didn't seem too munchkin with my concepts. That really is NEVER my intention. Please do believe me. Sorry if it came off that way. In retrospect and having actually LOOKED at the stats for them, minotaurs are pretty crunchy... might be a bit much.

When I create characters, I tend to go from the idea to the stats. I have never played 3.5 enough to be able to make unbalanced munchkin-y characters and even if I could that's not really what I go for. The whole basis for the Minotaur character was an image I found once upon a time. Khalus Ironfist was an NPC in a campaign I ran (an all too brief campaign) who happened to be an ally of the PC's. A hard-drinking, hard-fighting warrior priest who spent as much time doing good works for whatever community he was passing through as he did swinging a sledgehammer.

Can I give you an example? I can give you an example... this was a 4th ed. character who was more fun than he should have been. No special powers, no particularly unbalanced stats but he was FUN. If you'd prefer (and if you're willing) I'd just as gladly dig up Nicodemus and play him

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Nicodemus Scipio Arkhosianus
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Scion of Lost Arkhosia and Heir to the Scipii

Brash, confident and utterly convinced of the innate superiority of the Dragonborn species and of Draconic Life. Nicodemus feels a mixture of compassion and impatience for what he refers to as "the soft-skinned" races, and hopes by his example to educate these ignorant but well-meaning heathens. He sees the infidel softskins as children and tries to be patient with their lack of understanding.

Nicodemus can often be patronizing and arrogant, forgetting himself and talking down to the 'lesser' species. He treats any suggestion that Draconic species are not superior as laughable and somewhat insulting. It isn't so much an opinion as a fact and article of faith.

Though he may be arrogant, Nicodemus is honourable, compassionate and courageous. Evil must be stopped, Good must be preserved, the weak must be cared for and the rich must be shown that it is their place to uplift those less fortunate. He hopes by his shining example to inspire all peoples, Draconic and softy alike, to rebuild the lost glories of the past. He would gladly give his life for what he believes and would sacrifice all he has and all he will ever be to reach his goals.

What he will never admit is that much of his arrogance and conceit is an act. He has dedicated his life to an ideal that is half dream, half lie and he is determined to make it real by sheer force of will.

Overconfident and patronizing but possessed of a wry wit, Nicodemus will talk for hours about the advantages of his Draconic Pantheon, waxing lyrical about the glories of Bahamut, the dangers of Tiamat, the power of Typhon One-Eye, the strength of Yormungandr, the Wisdom of Aszi Dahak, the greed of Fafnir and the unbounded power and perfection of Io the Great.

He will tell grand tales and make absurd claims about the glories of the lost empire of Arkhosia and the roles his family and ancestors played before its fall. He will make claim to ridiculous honours, his by birthright: Quaestor, Aedile, Tribunus Governalis of Arrisia and more. He also claims that Dragons or Dragonkin invented any aspect of learning, civilization or technology millenia past, and lament the sad state of current technology as a pale shadow of past majesty.

Tall and powerfully built, like all his kin, Nicodemus presents an impressive figure and he uses that to his advantage, acting as though he has more authority than he does. With scales of burnished copper and eyes of bright emerald green, his upright stance and fierce belief help lend him the authority he claims. He tends his weapons and equipment carefully, polishing and sharpening them daily and spending at least an hour each day on his grooming rituals. His prized possession is his Holy Symbol, which is worn on a circlet and sits centered on his forehead at all times when he is awake.

Nicodemus is gregarious and friendly, in spite of his arrogance, and prefers words to violence. When he can, he will defuse a battle with a jest or a few well chosen words, accompanied by some of whatever alcohol he has handy. Though not violent by nature, when angered Nicodemus is a terrible foe. He will charge into battle, often spouting battlecries or bizarre epithets. He is fierce in battle but magnanimous in victory and happy to grant quarter to any (as he calls them) "infidel softies" or "heathen apes" who ask it.

The one race he considers true equals of the Dragonborn (or the Chosen of the Gods, as he considers them) are the Warforged. With their hard shells and their magical nature, they are obviously superior to the soft-skins who created them. It is a troubling philosophical idea, but Nicodemus has seized the opportunity and happily proselytizes to Warforged and softies alike.

Ceterum autem censeo, America esse delendam
~~~
Speaker for Quellism
Evil Deeds done, Nefarious Schemes plotted, Maniacal Villain Laughter by request.
"Ask about our hourly rates."
est. 1979
RT: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227285.0
F-List: http://www.f-list.net/c/the%20wandering%20bear/

Kunoichi

Don't worry, I don't think you seemed too munchkin with your concepts.  I think the main problem Phantom is having is that he wants for this to be a character-focused game where players can break out old characters that they loved playing as and get a chance to revisit them, but for the last few pages, it's been nothing but talk about the mechanics of the game and people brainstorming new characters. ^^; I'm a bit guilty on that front myself, since I've been helping people with mechanical suggestions and character concepts.

I think Khalus Ironfist would fit perfectly well into the game, myself.  He sounds like he'd be a fun character to have in the game, and I can foresee some interesting interactions with my tiny little Imp character, Kulzu. ^^

ShadowFox89

Well, the only character I could possibly bring from a previous game is my kitsune Rogue, Zitka.... but she was made for Pathfinder and uses a race not found in 3.5 (or one that would have a hefty LA)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Oriental Adventures has the Hengeyokai, actually.  The link goes to 3.0 material, but they got an update in Dragon Magazine #318.  The only real changes were they they went from being Type: Shapechanger to Type: Humanoid (Shapechanger), and they got their Level Adjustment lowered to 0.

I think a Fox Hengeyokai would fit your needs. ^^

ShadowFox89

That does indeed work for what I want.

What I am planning, if it doesn't seem too cheesy to our fair DM, is: Rogue 10//Swashbuckler 3/Spellthief 4/Shadow Dancer 3. Rogue is her mainstay, everything else is just a bit extra.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Phantom isn't really all that concerned about cheesy, from what I can tell.  Plus, that build doesn't look too bad to me. ^^

PhantomPistoleer

As far as things go, that isn't very cheesy at all.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kimera

ShadowFox89

I was wondering if I could use an enhancement from Pathfinder? Specifically: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/agile

It would save me three feats >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

I'm guessing those feats are Martial Study, Martial Stance, and Shadow Blade?  If so, and if Phantom says no to the Pathfinder weapon property, you could probably save yourself two feats by taking at least one Swordsage level in place of Spellthief levels.

ShadowFox89

I'm still kicking things around, but probably just going straight rogue//warblade. Really, the only class the 'needs' to be there to stick to the character concept is Rogue, everything else is just added mechanics.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Ah, alright.  If you'd like a more magical Kitsune character, though, Rogue 10//Sorcerer 5/Spellwarp Sniper 5 could be pretty fun.  Lots of Charisma, good skill points and access to social skills, and you could turn those indiscriminate AoE spells into rays, which would have all sorts of benefits.  You'd be more of a ranged character than a melee one, though...

ShadowFox89

Yeah, I'm trying to stick to the original concept as much as possible ^^'

Which is to say, a slightly socially awkward kitsune cutpurse who tended to try and manipulate others and had a large fondness for shinies. Also tended to use two shortswords.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Daggerspell Mage is a caster/sneak attack prestige class based around using two weapons...  But since you'd be a mage/spellcaster, melee combat isn't exactly where you'd want to be without relying heavily on buff spells.  I think that that Rogue//Warblade idea you were thinking of before would probably fit your character concept a lot better. ^^; Tiger Claw has all the dual-wielding maneuvers in it, and you could probably have Diamond Mind as your secondary focus and be a very precise fighter in battle, which would make for an interesting contrast to the social antics out of battle.

tcost

Are new players still being accepted?

I have a halfling wizard whom I played through the entire length of the Living Greyhawk campaign, and of course I would like to find a new home for him.  He finished up at about 10th Level as I recall, and he was built for 3.0 and then revised when the campaign switched over to 3.5. 

Since LG was kid-friendly and this is not, I will be tweaking him a little bit for the Inn here.  Also, I'm not the same person as I was a dozen years ago when I first built him, so I will also be tailoring him to better fit me -- provided that there are still openings in the game, of course. 
I prefer justice to irony.

Kunoichi

I don't think Phantom ever set a cap on the number of players for this game. ^^ New players are always welcome.