Blue Rose GM?

Started by MadPanda, July 03, 2008, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

This is all Vice's fault.  Really.

Ages and ages ago, back in the early days of E, he put together a short-lived but rather fun little game using Green Ronin's Blue Rose.  And then, as happens all too often, Real Life came along and did the Charleston on him...effectively ending the game.

Curse me for a Lich King, but I'd like to play it again.  So...

Is there anyone out there who has the game interested in running a small game (or possibly even a solo, if it comes to that)?
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

ZK

Blue Rose is quite fun as it has much potential for romance and of course for Elliquiy's sake. Sex. *laughs* I'd like to play in it as well if someone else would like to GM.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MadPanda

*bats eyes at ZK*

Can't talk you into running, can I?   :)

In Memory of Bishrook

ZK

I know little of the True20 system to run anything, really. I need experience as a player first before I leap headfirst. Just something I like doing before I take the helm.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

ZK

I'd like to know a bit more about the system and such so I don't have to pause the game to look for mechanics and so on. ^.^

MadPanda

They're pretty close to d20 for the most part.

Mmmm.  Maybe I'll resurrect Kerwyn for this.  He had potential.

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

What kind of game is that? I think I heard of it, but never really had a look at it.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MadPanda

Well, to borrow Vice's original Players Wanted post....

(quote)

Has anyone else heard of, and been intrigued by, Blue Rose from Green Ronin games? It's a romantic fantasy-themed RPG, using their "True 20" system (it's a derivative of the Mutants and Masterminds system, which was a radically stripped-down and re-built version of d20), which actually looks like it would play rather nicely. The rules are very simple (it only uses a single d20 for rolls), and I think the theme would work well here.

The thing is, I'm not really good at running play by post games. Not in the long run, in any case. Rather than petition for a board, what I'd like to do is run a very short-term, single adventure, just to introduce interested parties to the general system and such, and hopefully inspire someone to take up GMing a more long-term game (that I could play in, of course).

Basically, the game takes place in a kingdom called Aldis, a fairly young kingdom dedicated to the ideals of justice and equality. They are beset on all sides by dangers, however; a powerful Lich King to the north, who hungers to subjugate the people of Aldis as he and his kind (The Sorceror Kings) did in the previous age, and to the east, the Theocracy of Jarzon, who hate the Lich King as much as the Aldins do, but who also hate the Aldins for their liberal beliefs and refusal to convert to the Jarzoni religion.

Also, there are numerous darkfiends and such left over from the previous age of Sorceror Kings, greedy merchants, corrupted nobles, corrupted adepts (adepts are the magic users in this system), political intrigue, and of course, romance.

(endquote)

The URL he provided has since passed on.  The correct one is currently:
http://bluerose.greenronin.com/

In Memory of Bishrook