News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What is so wrong with PC? (A separation of church and state issue)

Started by grdell, July 04, 2011, 04:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DudelRok

Ugh... political correctness is all kinds of annoying.

Concepts of "Racism"
In most cases when people demand "respect" or "want to be treated equally" I think to myself, "Yeah.. what about everyone else? Just you needs be treated with a little more respect? I kinda treat everyone I bump into exactly the bloody same. Don't suddenly expect me to treat you any different because you demand it."

I've been told that's a "negative view on the subject" but, here I am, treating every single person I bump into (male, female, other, black, white, orange, gray, Buddhist, Christian, Atheist, heterosexual, homosexual, pansexual) in the exact same way. You don't get special treatment from me, ever. That makes me at least look very racist or sexist or homophobic, or whatever... (probably seen a bit of it, yourself, on occasion) so I've gotten to the point where I just admit to it and let folks rage. At the very least it does make me something of a dick. *shrugs*

Be why you might have seen a response like: "I understand how that could be seen as racism/sexism/whatever/etc" if people point such things out. Stereotypes do exist for a reason, mind you.

The Constitution Itself
As for the Constitution, it is a matter of PC, actually. The Atheist movement's "need for acceptance" and support as a legit (anti) religious movement is why the line even comes into question. Now I'd be okay with removing the line if it was more-so about honest equality rather than Atheists yelling how someone allegedly shat in their cereal and going crazy over nothing more than a word. (Same with Christians and the word "marriage," by the way.) You start with removing "under God" and before you know it every little hint of culture our country was founded upon is gone. I don't pander to loud and annoying people, doing so only makes them think they can continue to be loud and annoying to get their way more.

If we honestly are talking about equality, here, then it does make perfect sense (especially since the line wasn't originally there). However, what we normally look at is "Please me!" Which I'm not okay with.

Personal Bias (Read @ Own Risk)
PC noise has also killed some of my favorite holidays. Ugh.. what you people have done to my Christmas and Easter. I'm not even Christian/Catholic/whatever, I just like the cultural roots that used to exist for these things. Why do these holidays exist now? *le sigh* To support consumerism as unofficial nationwide religion.

Reverse racism, especially when applied at me, is also awesomely hilarious. Damn rich white (probably Christian) people who hold the power over the current system who force their perceived view of the world upon the rest of us. That's not racism, it's justifiable worry based on known stereotypes. But calling a Black guy Black is totally NOT okay.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Oniya

Quote from: DudelRok on July 18, 2011, 12:04:08 AM
Personal Bias (Read @ Own Risk)
PC noise has also killed some of my favorite holidays. Ugh.. what you people have done to my Christmas and Easter. I'm not even Christian/Catholic/whatever, I just like the cultural roots that used to exist for these things. Why do these holidays exist now? *le sigh* To support consumerism as unofficial nationwide religion.

Yeah, dammit - what's with all these marshmallow chicks and bunnies?  Let's get back to the good old-fashioned fertility rites!

We can keep the chocolate bit, though.  I like that part.

*flees before someone breaks out a stake and bonfire*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

DudelRok

Quote from: Oniya on July 18, 2011, 12:09:44 AM
Yeah, dammit - what's with all these marshmallow chicks and bunnies?  Let's get back to the good old-fashioned fertility rites!

I like my Summer Solstice a bit less extreme but.... whatever.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Caela

Just a semantic tweak but something that bugs me...there is no such thing as "reverse racism" as it is typically used. Racism is racism whether the object of it is black, white, green, yellow, or purple with pink polka dots. "Reverse racism" would actually have to mean that no racism existed not racism against the majority. Like I said, I know it's semantics, just a personal tweak lol.

Quote from: Oniya on July 18, 2011, 12:09:44 AM

Meh, don't like peeps so those can go, leaving the chocolate is good and my pagan friends holiday celebrations all involve bonfires but we never burn anyone at the stake. Some alcohol does get poured on the fire by a few depending on the pantheon, or patron deity, they align themselves with though.

Noelle

It's not just semantics, Caela! I was going to point out the same thing. 'Reverse racism' can also assume that only white people can be "actually" racist towards minorities.