Game of Thrones/ASOIAF - King, Targaryen and House Lords/Ladies wanted!

Started by Ramael, January 26, 2011, 10:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arikelillusion

hi =)

i am a huge fan of those books!! and i think that this would be reallu fun!! ^^

but i was think that what character i should be... which famele character is need? can be any?

anyone need a lady sister? any family is fine for me... but i really like the Starks!!  =P
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Primarch

My character isn't a Stark. :P
He's a bannerman of the Starks, totally different.

Primarch

So we have...
A Lannister connected gal
A Stark
A Stark Bannerman
(Assuming Ram gives the approval for the latest two)

and possibly a Lady if arikelillusion continues her interest.

arikelillusion

-nods- i still have interest! o//

A Lady Stark ^-^

if someone want to created a sister\ brother relationship just let me now... we could be from another family if the story is good =D
need to know so i could write my character...
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

I'll probably write up a few supporting characters soon.

Tydorei

Niki315

I could probably get in on this too.  I'm reading a Dance with Dragons right now, and I feel that I should get reacquainted with the older books.  Is this game going to be primarily Stark-based/Northern area?  I'm trying to figure out what sort of character I should make.

I think a diversity of characters would be better.

Niki315

Okay, I'll think about making some sort of character from one of the other regions.  Stark and Lannister is covered.  Maybe I'll make an ironborn character or someone from Riverrun.

Character Name: Sazini Saavira
Nickname(s): Zin
Parents: Unknown, irrelevant
Birthplace: Braavos, probably
Orientation: Picky
Languages: All major languages of the Free Cities, broken Westerosi

Biography: Abandoned from a young age, Sazini grew up underfoot in alleys, living off scraps and charity. As was often required of abandoned youth, Zin rapidly learned the delicate art of pickpocketing and shoplifting, and later on the very useful ability to sweet-talk and seduce coin out of passers-by. Due to the quality of individual looking for sex in the back alleys of Braavos, when so much was available in the public areas, Zin also learned early how to kill. Displeased with the constant presence of people on the streets, Zin eventually took to the rooftops of Braavos, running free where there were no shambling, smelly masses to slow Zin down. The only person Zin came to trust was the young Ellynn Hill, who seemed to be of similar soul. The two embarked on an entrepreneurial adventure, founding their own “sorting” agency. They were more often paid to warm a bed than slit a throat, but as their reputation grew so did demand for their other services. Androgynous and quiet, Zin was often overshadowed by the stunningly gorgeous Lyn, but that was just how Zin liked it. Those that specially requested Zin, however, tended to pay much more. Though only armed with what sparse Westerosi that had sunk in from Lyn's dealings with customers, Zin followed Lyn to Lannisport, presumably unknown to Lyn's new employers.

Autumn Sativus

How much of the series would it be best to know before attempting to get involved here? Just by doing a bit of googling regarding potentially playing a Baratheon I've already spoiled several things for myself, so... I'd best be careful.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

I believe we're starting near the beginning and not following the original plot necessarily, so I'd guess you don't need a ton. But I'd wait for Ramael's official word on that.

arikelillusion

Name: Becky Stark
Parents: Lord and Lady Stark, Lord of Winterfield (do not put names because someone might want to take the role)
Birthplace: Winterfell
Languages: Westerosi

Biography: Born in the city of Winterfell. one of the children of the Lord of Winterfell (again making room if someone wants to assume the role, or I will be only daughter).
Becky grew up learning to be a lady, act like a lady at a party and behave in ways that bring pride to the name Stark. In the future it is said that is about to marry a lord and give him many children. But Becky does not have the personality of a simple lady. She loves to walk the paths of the city, train whenever possible hidden bow and arrow. And whenever she can escape the lessons that she should have with her septum Ava and the Maester of Winterfell, will move to the barn to play with the horses. It is a person who, nevertheless, know that is a Stark and would do everything to keep her family and the name of her house which her carries well and safe.
Never left the city of Winterfell and her knowledge of the world is through books and storys told from the servant and older members of the family.

((I used the base that we would start the rp as in the first book, in other words without war yet =D ))

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

tcost

I doubt that you would need to read more than the initial volume, A Game of Thrones.  On the other hand, there's a sound reason why these books have sold so well and are so highly regarded.  Some people compare George R. R. Martin to J. R. R. Tolkien, but I think a better comparison is to Shakespeare.
I prefer justice to irony.

arikelillusion

Quote from: tcost on August 15, 2011, 07:21:51 PM
I doubt that you would need to read more than the initial volume, A Game of Thrones.  On the other hand, there's a sound reason why these books have sold so well and are so highly regarded.  Some people compare George R. R. Martin to J. R. R. Tolkien, but I think a better comparison is to Shakespeare.

i agree with you.. hahaha... i have alredy read all the books that were released! =P but i think that this rp ll star from the first one..
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

The comparison to Tolkien is only proper in the sense of world-building. As for storytelling, I can agree with the reference to Shakespeare. Tyrion embodies all the ironic grotesquerie and scathing wit that The Bard was known for.

tcost

Tolkien works on many levels.  He defined subcreation not only in his famous essay but by example;  he brought fantasy writing into the realm of serious literature;  and he gave us a great fantasy war story.

While it's not out of the realm of possibility, though, I don't  expect GRRM to give us a real messiah figure like Frodo nor an angelic character such as Gandalf.  Ordinary humans may learn (or relearn) arcane methods of contending against the Others, but I forsee no apotheosis.

Shakespeare on the other hand creates protagonists (and sometimes antagonists) from which his stories derive, even when he was writing from history.  The strengths and especially the faults of those characters are what drives their fates, and there is a whole diversity of human experience in the bard's writing.  George Martin is doing this on an epic scale Shakespeare never imagined.  Of course the books have faults aplenty but that ought not distract us from what a great work A Song of Ice and Fire truly is, one of the great tales of American Literature.  By the time it's done, it will likely be even more remarkable.

Ramael

Quote from: Karma on August 15, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
I believe we're starting near the beginning and not following the original plot necessarily, so I'd guess you don't need a ton. But I'd wait for Ramael's official word on that.

You have my official word on that.

This is looking great, nice to see some new characters being put forth as well. Primarch has a nice little retinue there nicely fleshed out, Karma another interesting character, Becky Stark looks to be an older Arya expy (except a little friendlier from the looks of it  :P)

We have, what, four concepts up so far? Two of them are in Lannisport, one is in Winterfell and the other pretty close to Winterfell too. Already the inevitable North/South divide is forming!

I shall wait for some more, it would be nice to get a real mix of nobility and other types spread across Westeros. I myself will write up a couple of characters shortly, when I see what we need more of and where. By the looks of it at the moment, it may be King's Landing Lords and Ladies, maybe even a monarch. But we'll see.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

arikelillusion

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

TheHangedOne

Made a slight tweak, Ramael. All I did was change his physical description.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Niki315

Umm.. You can count one more for the South.  I'm thinking of making a character from Highgarden, I just haven't ironed out the details yet.  I was looking at places and for some reason, Highgarden stuck out at me.  I think it will be fun.  I'll probably make someone lowborn to try and even it out.

tcost

If ever I can figure out how to post a picture here, I will add one.  But, for the moment, here is the basic write-up.

Name:  Ser Doyle Lannister
Parents:  Lord and Lady Lannister, the Lord of Casterly Rock and his wife (left unnamed in case of players)
Birthplace:  The Rock

Background:  The second son of the head of the family, Doyle stayed for several years at the castle of one of the Lannister bannermen, a much-respected knight and lord for whom Doyle squired.  He was knighted after leading a small force after some bandits and putting them down. 

Lannister fortunes are on the rise, and Doyle is looking to marry well, preferably to the daughter of a lord without a son.  Or, it could be that something will happen to his older brother along the way.. while Doyle likes his elder brother in a sort of general way, he would very much like to be the heir to Casterly Rock.  At this point, Doyle is not a black enough soul for fratricide, but who knows where the story might take him?

At the moment, though, his father has many concerns that take up his time, and with Doyle being as bright as he is, his Lord Father is beginning to delegate minor tasks to him, and seeing how well Doyle does.  Doyle knows that he is being tested, and indeed he's looking forward to proving his mettle.  If he does well, he may be sent to King's Landing, to look out for the family interests there, which are presently being handled by his father's paternal uncle, a man in his sixties who will not remain in that position forever.