[EX] Karma's Personality Assassination - Interest Check

Started by Karma, May 27, 2009, 12:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After idly taking my emo out behind a barn and murdering it in the SB, it dawned on me that I could make a game out of this. It's conceived as a semi-participatory game, and at the very least something that would have a following. I don't mean to be self-aggrandizing by saying that, but rather that I'm not very interested in pursuing this without an audience. So, that's what I made this thread for.

The concept is that by whatever means, I get split into multiple people, each representing an aspect of myself. I'll talk to myself, argue with myself, and probably attack myself. Guest writers could come in and interact with my aspects. Odds are one part of me will murder another, hence the EX tag. I'm not nice to myself, and once the disparate parts of my mind have physically split and are without the balancing traits they had when combined, they're liable to lash out in more than just passing judgments.

So. Who wants to watch? Who wants to participate? Lemme know, and then I'll decide if I want to go ahead with it.

jilorbb

How interesting. I think I'd like to participate somehow. I'm new here, so I might require some aid fitting in.

Ah, should say. This obviously has the potential to get intensely personal, so I'll either have to be comfortable with the guest writers or talk it over with prospective guest writers beforehand.

Ryieahna

I'd like to watch if not help, though I don't expect to be on your top list for guesting so watching is nice ^^

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Nadir

Cuffs

I'd be more than happy to participate if you'll allow me.  You've helped me out, and furthermore, I'm now on my own personal self-discovery quest, and I'm learning a lot, so I know how important this could be to you.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Greenthorn

Hmmm...depends on how often you'd need posting...but I want the sick twisted murderous Karma!!

Lithos

Heh, there are some aspects of you I would love to have a talk with, but I do not really know you much at all so not sure how useful it would be. I am definitely interested in at least reading it if not participating though.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Paradox

Quote from: Karma on May 27, 2009, 12:08:34 AM
I'll talk to myself, argue with myself, and probably attack myself.

Taking a page out of my book, eh? :P

I'd love to be a part of this, with the caveat that I won't be able to do any writing until next week at the earliest. I'm also a bit curious to see how it will be structured..but for the nonce, count me in!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

The format of the thing is not even remotely settled yet. If anyone has any ideas, I welcome them.

Cuffs

Well, I think the format would have to do with your final goal.  Different parts of you may be more right concerning specific topics/areas of life, if you wanted to set it up like that.  Perhaps each major part of your life would each be its own thread, an arena within which your various selves negotiate/do battle.  If that's not the general purpose, then I'll continue to think on it.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Hm, that's a pretty decent idea. I'll give it some thought.

Wistful Dream

You invite me to..another EX rated thread. Seesh Karma, Will will get suspicious xp

I'm not sure why you sent the PM to me, but I would be happy to read within reason, I doubt I could write any of the more twisted/dark sides. Depending on posting rate I could help out with the light fluffy stuff...maybe...*doesn't want to be killed*

Haha, no one but the mes are in danger. Unless that's desired by the player for whatever reason. And don't worry, I invited him too. :P

Will

;D

Yes, Extreme it is.  Extremely awesome!  I would be honored to berate the various Karmas.

*tackles Wisti and shields her from the Extremeness*
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Will

Alright, how about a jumping-off point?  The Karma needs some sort of question or statement to debate and discuss amongst herself.  Some kind of moral question, or issue, or statement, anything to kick start the process. 

I like the quote "Morality is herd instinct in the individual."  Keep in mind, this is just a discussion, and we can throw out possibilities until something good pops up.  :D  It doesn't need to be serious either!  Any ideas?
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

BigBuckBob

I'd like to add my two cents.

1. This would be very interesting to watch. Psychology is cool.

2. As for format and participation, maybe borrow a page from Fate. One thread where the bulk of writing goes by you and maybe a guest writer or two you really trust, one for discussion amongst watchers, and one for meaningful interaction which you can choose to include or ignore in the main portion of the writing..
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Eh... I'm not sure my head is in the right place to do this right now.

Paradox

Well it was one in the morning! The only place your head should have been was resting against a nice, soft pillow.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker