Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now closed]

Started by Heady Dionysus, November 29, 2017, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 05, 2017, 01:14:06 AM
Don't worry! I'm sure at least one of our Spellcasters will have Summon Monster available, and if all else fails, we can get a Wand of Summon Monster :P OR one of us takes the plunge and Multiclasses into a Summoner JUST to get ridden by a Hellhound :P

Definitely something Arri would be interested in giving a try :P

An adventure to have together!

Daril

Quote from: TFcommando on December 04, 2017, 03:24:45 AM
I used a picture of Cattelya from Queen's Blade in my earlier image post and got a lovely response.  My go-to concept has been a sorceress for that body type, but someone's working one up already, and a plump gunslinger didn't speak to me. Then I saw the Titan Fighter archetype allowing one to use Large size weapons!  It looks terribly impractical, but still appealing.  Is the Giant-Blooded trait available?  That helps reduce the penalty... and could manifest in certain parts also being rather large. :)   Either that, or do Skirmisher Fighter for the light armor with a greatsword and just say "It's a really big sword."

Go ahead and do your character as a sorceress.  I'm probably dropping out due to how crowded things are getting, and even if I do still submit a character the evolution of my character concept seems to be tending back towards oracle again.

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm, let's think...Wizards, Sorcerers, Witches, Rangers, Druids, Clerics, Paladins, Rogues / Ninjas, Bards, Alchemists, Inquisitors, Samurai and Cavaliers can all get Animal Companions / Familiars / Mounts via Class Abilities or Archetypes.

Beyond that...I think there are only a couple of ways to get Animal Companions or Familiars.

1) Take "Natures Soul" and "Animal Ally" feats and gain an Animal Companion at your Character Level -3.
2) Own a Figurine of Wondrous Power and have the "Companion Figurine" Feat.
3) Have the "Iron Will" and "Familiar Bond" Feats.

I think that's all of the options, anyway.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Revelation

Ah, I see. People were more interested in my eidolon then Jericho :p.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 05, 2017, 01:35:41 AM
Ah, I see. People were more interested in my eidolon then Jericho :p.

At least their interested, neither my chars had got attention :P

Vergil Tanner

Pfft, join the club! Nobody's really commented on Arri much at all :P It's all been about the G-Cup over there >.> :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Revelation

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 05, 2017, 01:36:22 AM
At least their interested, neither my chars had got attention :P
For what it's worth, I do like both characters!

Revelation

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 05, 2017, 01:37:28 AM
Pfft, join the club! Nobody's really commented on Arri much at all :P It's all been about the G-Cup over there >.> :P
I also do like yours, quite fitting for the game.

But I dunno if it's worse to not be seen or ignored for your class feature :p

Vergil Tanner

RobyntheWitch

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 05, 2017, 01:37:28 AM

Well aren't you sassy! I am sharing the love, though!

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 05, 2017, 01:53:11 AM
Viking, figther archtype.

I thought it was you who spoke of the skald too, maybe I am wrong... I am sorry if not, but still, the viking would just prove that they are the better pirate!

Zaer Darkwail

I did consider a skald, but someone else was doing one (our harpy applicant) so went for other norse flavor as straight figther with big sword and shield (and later levels able to rage and scare foes by shouting and even do mass taunt with dazzling display and call out feat combination).

eBadger

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: eBadger on December 05, 2017, 02:35:09 AM
Aye, I think I'm the only skald at present.

Then it is you who sing my beautiful death giving music whilst I ride the hellhound eidolon into battle along side the viking and the swashbuckler! The Summoner and the Witch casting in the back while glory happens to the enemy!

eBadger

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: eBadger on December 05, 2017, 02:35:09 AM
Aye, I think I'm the only skald at present. 

Damnit! No Class Features giving Skald an Animal Companion :P

Ah well, there's always Iron Will and Familiar Bond. :P

eBadger

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: eBadger on December 05, 2017, 02:47:48 AM
Arietta IS the animal companion.

And a beautifully heart breaking one she is, come, rest in Nisha's bosom.

Vergil Tanner

Vergil Tanner

But, heartbreaker is right! She breaks as many hearts as she does beds ;-)

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 05, 2017, 02:55:41 AM
But, heartbreaker is right! She breaks as many hearts as she does beds ;-)

Wait, is Arietta the heartbreaker or Nisha?

Vergil Tanner