Started by Outlaw Fallen, November 22, 2014, 03:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlaw Fallen

The last oath a knight will take
The last breath of a dying king
The last court of a banished prince
The last sword of solemn night
The final hope of the dying dream...

The hold that the lords of darkness and their minions had on the world has long been broken. War is a constant now and the old ways are a mere shadow. In the city of New York, the leaders of those factions left standing dwell... vampires, fallen angels, fae, shifters of all kinds and many other mystic races older and darker still. Between them all lies neutral territory and the ever shifting lines of their boundaries. On the streets, the most loyal seek to uphold the laws of the ethereal. Behind closed doors, the lords toast each others health, posture, and sometimes even fight for their kind and cause. Loyalties can be tenuous or constantly shifting and a bluff can always lead to a declaration of war.
This is the last court that is held sacred between the beast races of the world. Their word is law, but even they know that their time is coming to an end. Each has seen it and each knows it is their last chance. They must each decide what is best for the sake of their kind because they fight on all fronts. The humans hunt them in their own city and beyond their borders, the thuggish wild packs and covens even more power hungry seek to take what they have built. Will they stand together or crumble beneath the weight of their own greed?

...So this is an old idea that I decided to dig up again because I've missed the political dramas of my WoD days. I wanted to rekindle that sort of atmosphere in a familiar modern setting. The table is open to all comers and I would really love to see it grow. If enough interest is shown, then I will hash out more details. Bear in mind, there can be multiple leaders of each race because there are multiple packs/factions/covens/etc... I tried to doll this interest check up a bit, but despite my hours of searching, I was unable to find any images that satisfied what I saw in my mind.

To offer a little more context and detail, my intention is for players to take the roles of the members of this supernatural court. As I said, the table is open to all comers. I don't care if you have a race you made up or want to play an elf or human witch. To start out, the court will be comprised of queens, princes, alphas and so forth. Should ample interest be shown and enough players want to play more than one character, I will not mind expanding the characters to higher ranking members of each leader's court/council.

I intend for this to be a drama in every sense. On the surface, everyone needs to work together to survive. But there is betrayal and espionage because some want to snuff out competition or settle age-old scores. I expect there to be a Romeo and Juliet or two and even some arranged alliances. A day in this court should be like a day with King Henry II... where everything was a grande show with a looming threat. What I'm trying to say is almost nothing is out of the question in the way this game is played. Any character deaths and territory mergings/takeovers will be mutually agreed upon by each player involved, though.

While the game is largely sandbox in nature, I do have a fair few ideas for plots and twists and events. The court will be held in the neutral territory and I will allow neutral characters. Neutral is considered its own faction and has a seat in the council. They are not given preference, though and their vote is often only requested when a decision directly affects them or a tie-breaker is needed. The neutral have their own set of problems because they are largely rogues with no loyalties, outcasts and bastards of their races. They are also an untapped well of soldiers for any court's cause, though.

Anyways, these are some of my ideas. I will hash out more as more interest is shown.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

MaverickKane

Seems like something I would be interested in. I'm interested to see where it would go anyway. Hope you get some hits.

Outlaw Fallen

Update.

Thanks for your interest Kane! I hope it makes it through the interest check phase at this point xD.
I will come reformed

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Nowherewoman

I'm tentatively interested, but I saw an issue arise in a similar game wherein there wasn't much crossover among the various 'courts'- every faction had its own RP spaces, and to a great extent tended to stay there (admittedly, part of the problem was my character concept/alignment). Are you planning on keeping everyone more or less in the same 'place' so to speak?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Outlaw Fallen

I have actually given thought to that and ultimately decided that if the game grew large enough, I would allow more members of each court to be created and played in their individual spaces. I would not want to allow it to detract from the main storyline, though. For the beginning of the game, though, everyone will be in the same general areas, yes. Judging by the minimal interest so far, I'm just going to play it by ear if/when this game ever gets to big game status. As I believe in player input, as well, I will also ask everyone what they thought of something like that before implementing that, because the interest in such an extra dimension could fall one way or the other. I also don't plan to let each court get so big that they could be their own small game, either, so there will be a player/character cap to help with that. I would rather expand with more factions than more in each faction, if that helps give the idea of what I'm trying to achieve. Ideally, the most there would be in each faction is the leader(s) and their guard and advisers.

I hope I've answered your question satisfactorily. Thank you for your interest.
I will come reformed

bubby

This idea has bubby written all over it. Color me interested.

Outlaw Fallen

Bump. I'm still planning to make this game happen, but I am currently between jobs and trying to get employed again. As you guys can imagine, that does take priority.
I will come reformed

Vonandi

I'm interested, possibly as some sort of higher up who gets betrayed and is thought to be killed at the onset or shortly after. then has to regather her power in hiding as an outcast and could possibly help others overthrow certain alliances with her knowledge of the upper working she used to inhabit, while slowly seeking revenge while avoiding being killed in her weakened state?

Outlaw Fallen

You mean as something of a background/shadow character? I will consider it as a possibility depending on how this plays out. As long as it isn't overly complicated, I don't see why it couldn't work. Bear in mind, all are trying to maneuver their pieces on the chess board, as it were, so there will be many secret meetings and alliances made and broken in the same hour... this sort of character could work if played right.
I will come reformed

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Maeve

I would love to either play head of a coven of witches or a vampire blood slave in love with a werewolf. If either of those would be of any use to you.

Outlaw Fallen

Both are certainly germane to the setting, however, I don't believe a blood slave would be appropriate for this game. Depending on the life of the game, we can discuss a similar plot with a character in another station. Definitely keep the idea in your pocket and bring it up to me again once the game has gotten off the ground.
I will come reformed

Inari

I am thinking my character would be the leader of the fallen angels. (If that is ok) The character would probably be arrogant and feel like god cast them out when they were only trying to help humanity. While that is kinda true it is also an exaggeration and there was a lot more sinister things goings on. I am thinking somewhere along the line it would bite them in the butt. <.<

Outlaw Fallen

I will come reformed

AndyZ

So I'm playing with the idea of heading up the various types of undead that don't work well with others.  Vampires would likely be outside of this thing, but ghosts, revenants (sentient zombies), ghouls (human-eating undead, not vampiric thralls), and the like would likely not have the individual clout or organization on par with vampires, werewolves, witches and the like.  However, a lich could organize these disparate groups into their own semi-cohesive unit.  I would then play said lich.  How does that sound?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Outlaw Fallen

Leave it to you, Andy, to come up with a great idea that others probably wouldn't think of. It definitely has my stamp of approval.
I will come reformed

AndyZ

So is this one still a possibility?

Outlaw Fallen

Yes, but I'm not giving an expectation or a deadline since I've got a lot on my RL plate. I'm looking at freeing up my RP plate, but I still don't know if I would have the time to commit to giving you guys a great game.
I will come reformed