The Indigo Kingdom (REBOOT) Interest/Recruiting

Started by Ember Star, January 12, 2015, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

On the northern most pole of the world, amongst the frozen land of snow and ice, if your eyes know of magic they will suddenly rest on a Eden of wonder. Step forth from the cold frozen tundra into warmth and life. Look up to the sky and see that at night the stars and moon are a indigo blue as if looking through a color filter on a camera lens. But you notice as you watch the Aurora Borealis (aka the Northern Lights) dance across the sky as they almost always do here, that the stars and moon are the only things with altered color. So maybe it's a spell, a trick of the mind. The weather is not cold here as you would expect but is rather perfectly warm when it needs to be, and cold when it does not. If you start to wonder where you are in this beautiful magical land where it seems anything is possible, it is the Indigo Kingdom. For 7,000 years it has be a stronghold of magic and peace. All are welcome here in Indigo under the rule of Queen Alluriella.[/b]

Important Information and Rules

• This is a medieval high fantasy RP. While magic is rampant, remember that technology is not. No modern weapons, no electricity, no modern materials such as plastic, ect.

• Magic and other magical beings and lands do exist outside of Indigo, so it's perfectly reasonable that your character might have come from elsewhere, if you wish.

• With the above in mind, if you read Allure's history you know that until recently the kingdom was hidden away. It has been ten years since it was freed.
      Timeline:
      • The city was built 7,000 years ago.
      • The divine war ended 6,000 years ago.
      • Terrabeth set about hunting the Rose Sisters 3,000 years ago.
      • 2,000 years ago Allure was "killed"
      • After she was killed the kingdom laid mostly quiet. Though not hidden. Its power was just downed. Aurora's (the Black Rose (Allure's sister) son Liir followed by his descendants ruled during that period of 2,000 years. While the Rose Sisters were mostly forgotten about.
      • 65 years ago Allure was "reborn" as the princess. Though she had no idea who she really was.
      • 50 years ago the kingdom was attacked by mortal men which activated a failsafe and hid the kingdom from all.
      • 10 years ago the curse and the failsafe was broken revealing the kingdom once more.

• This is a free-form sandbox type game with GM controlled story lines and events. People will be able to come up with and play their own stories. But I will throw up group events such as parties or monster attacks, as well as set characters on "journeys" occasionally. 

• With the above in mind, feel free to suggest ideas of your own to happen. I'll certainly consider any suggestions.

• If the group does well, I might seek out a Co GM. That's all I'm saying there for the moment :p

• I have placed this in Extreme to allow the openness and creativity! that the group provides in the sexual sense as well. That being said, remember to abide by people's O/O's, and never begin anything non-con without OOC permission. Also remember to use the "warning" part of the header for anything edgy.

• For those of you coming from my other group, y'all can keep exactly the same characters if you wish. You will just make appropriate adjustments to their histories. With the exception of the evil characters, you can even keep the mostly same ranks. Your characters however must be reapproved

Rules to Play By

• All characters must be approved by PM.

• If you choose to leave the group, please inform me and anybody you are RPing with so we're not left hanging and I can mark your character as "inactive"

• IC Posts should be at least 2-3 paragraphs each. Longer is great. Shorter is understandable on occasion, but not all time.

• Please try not to keep anybody waiting on a post longer than one week. Inform them if you will be longer. Some "Events" will be expected to be replied to within three days as some of them will be faster moving.

• Use the post header properly in every IC post.

• While I have few to no limitations on races, keep it reasonable. Nothing God or God like. Nothing invincible. Nothing Superman powerful (even he had a weakness). You can have a Demi God if you want, but remember that Demi Gods can die.

• The above also goes for your character's powers and weapons.

• If you are not familiar with The Oath of the Drake I ask that you please take a peak and try to abide by its words.

• Most importantly, have fun! The draw for this group is creativity, so let your imaginations wander and enjoy what it brings forth.
    Character Sheet

Characters must be sent by pm to me for approval!

Name: Your character's full real name and nicknames
    Alias: A name your character earned or that they go by that isn't their real or nickname
    Race: It's pretty much anything goes here. See rules for limitations

Orientation: Your character's sexual preference

Weapon: Your character's main weapon or weapons

Powers: Your character's powers

Abilities: Your character's physical abilities (sword train, senses, ect)

Appearance: A written appearance describing what they look like. I require both written appearance and a image. The picture at the top should be a 150x200 picture. Anything bigger I will resize. Anything smaller I will resize. Anything else and full sized images can be cold linked here. Real photos and art are both acceptable, but please use good art.

History: At least two or more detailed paragraphs.

[/list] [float=right][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Alias:[/b]
    [b]Race:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b] 
    [b]Rank:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Character Pet Sheet

If your character has a pet, familiar or companion, please fill this out and add it on to the bottom of their sheet

Name: Your pet's/companion's name
    Species: Their species

Powers/Abilities: If they have any. Keep it minimum

Appearance: Same deal as character appearance. Remember you must provide a written appearance as well as a image for both. Same rules for pictures.

History: At least a paragraph describing how they came to be with your character.

[float=right][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Species:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Powers/Abilities:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Post Header

Use it on every post correctly or else I will pester you![/b]

Name: Your character's name
    Pet/Companion: Pet's/Companion's name
    Time: Morning/Noon/Night/ect
    Tagging: What other characters your character is interacting with
    Warning: If there is to be any none consensual or otherwise edgy sexual activity, please place a warning here so it is not stumbled upon accidentally

Moraline's Game Info Checklist

The Indigo Kingdom:

• This game is in the extreme section to allow openness and creativity on all levels. However, this does not mean they things will necessarily become extreme and even if they do, that is why we employ the warning system in the header. Additionally, this is a freeform game, meaning that I as GM will not deploy any sort of dice system moderate combat or anything else. If the players wish to deploy their own system between themselves, that is up to them. This game is also freeform in story, meaning that what you do with your characters is entirely up to you. However, if you make a destructive character character, do not expect their misgivings to go unnoticed.
    • The game is open to anyone regardless of gender, sexuality or preferences.
    • There are no set roles for players to pick up. That said,it is perfectly reasonable to request a certain role such as castle guard, librarian, or anything else.
    • This is a medieval high fantasy freeform kingdom.
    • While they is no mass guided plot, the game is set is a magical land hidden near the North Pole. It is a land created 7,000 years ago as a safe haven for magical beings. A complete history can be found in the group's wiki page.
    • There are few, if any character creation limits. That said, what I do have on the subject can be found in the wiki.
    • This is a completely original game of mine and therefore has no outside information. I do however have a map and some general world building information which can be found on the wiki page
    • The pacing of the game is variable. I normally say at least one post per week. However, real life is real life and if you are held up, that is understandable. The only exception to this is in events where the game must keep moving at a reasonable pace.
    • Sexual activity and how much is to occur is the players decision. This is not a sexual or pairing bases group, and therefore will not be treated as such. However, if you want to have a sexually charged personal story, you may.
    • A complete header system including tagging and picture is used and expected at the top of every IC post. The header code can be found in the OOC thread.
    Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• As of right now, I am the only GM. If it becomes needed, I will add a Co GM or two. However, I will be especially picky about who I choose.
    • This is a sandbox style game, meaning that I do not guide the players in story or decisions at all. The exception to this is story events, which will be heavily guided by myself and may affect the kingdom as whole. However, the choice to take part in these guided events is entirely yours.
    • I have put a lot of work into creating the environment of the Indigo Kingdom. How you use it to your advantage or disadvantage is entirely yours, so long as you don't go overboard to a GM/God-mode level.
    • Public, story, and event NPCs (such as the Inn Keeper in the Village or the kidnap victim/kidnapper for a story event) are primarily handled by me as they are as much my characters as my PCs. However, background NPCs around your characters ( such as passerbys on the streets) are mostly at your control, and you are also given the choice to make a pet/companion as a NPC that accompanies your character
    • This is my darling that I have had across several years and several sites. So, I am very active with it. Though it certainly does not get all my attention, I do try and give it the blunt of it.
    • There are two OOCs (links in first post here), one for general chatter, the other announcements and questions related to the game.
    • New players PM me or post your questions here. Approved players PM me or post your questions in the Game OOC
    • If any conflict or confusion arises between characters, please bring it to me in a PM. I will do my best to resolve it in a none bias way.
    • PvP is allowed and even encouraged, so long as you don't go tearing too much up around you. I even have arenas that while aren't in use for a event, are free to be used for PvP.
    Additional:

• While it is not required, I do hope that players who wish to join familiarize themselves with, and even sign the Oath of the Drake as well as take a peek at my Guide to RP Etiquette
    • And with that in mind, remember to always respect your follow players in all ways, including, but not limited to, their Ons and Offs.
    • At least one post per week is generally expected. However, if something comes up, that's fine. Just inform us so we know. Same if you are a slow or variable writer, just let us know. If a player leaves completely, it is requested that they tell me so I can mark them as inactive. If anyone has a scene with a character when its player leaves, they are expected to simply move on without said character. In some cases a character may have to be NPC'd out of a scene.
    • Because of the sandbox nature, it is very easy to integrate new players and characters. They can simply" jump in" almost anywhere and join the fun. Scarlet Village is a especially popular starting point, especially for characters that are new to the kingdom.
    • Third person, past tense, POV is the strongly preferred writing style here. However, I have never been one to complain about different styles coming in.

OOC Threads
    Old Recruitment Thread
    Old Character Thread

New Character Thread
    General OOC Chatter:
    Game Chat OOC

All in-depth information such as history, settings, maps, and rules, be found on the group's wiki page. Simply click here to go there
    "One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Upcoming Plot Teaser

A darkness is rising and slowly creeping into the land. Like an illness, little was noted a first. A few strange things, ill flora and fauna, weakening nature. However, like an illness, soon it will attack and harm the land gravely. The balance will break, the elements will weaken, the magic will flicker. But as the last stronghold of such things, Indigo must prevail. The energy chipping away at the Kingdom's life force must be contained, and this time, it may be out of the Rose Sisters hands....
    "One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Ember Star

Quote from: GhettoMagick on January 12, 2015, 07:28:52 PM
    Reserved!
    lol, Magi <3

I do have an exciting story line planned for the reboot. Will add in later.

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Ember Star

AliceInLace

I might be interested in this. I have been looking for a fantasy roleplay.
    18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

Ember Star

Quote from: AliceInLace on January 17, 2015, 05:05:05 PM
    I might be interested in this. I have been looking for a fantasy roleplay.
    Awesome! IMG you have any questions, just let me know.

AliceInLace

Quote from: Ember Star on January 18, 2015, 12:38:43 AM
    Awesome! IMG you have any questions, just let me know.

What sort of roles are you looking for?
    18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Ember Star

Quote from: AliceInLace on January 18, 2015, 01:11:55 AM
    What sort of roles are you looking for?
    Nothing specific. But you're welcome to ask for something specific. It's very sand boxy in the character aspect. I allow a lot of freedom and I usually dont assign roles.

AliceInLace

Quote from: Ember Star on January 18, 2015, 01:36:33 AM
    Nothing specific. But you're welcome to ask for something specific. It's very sand boxy in the character aspect. I allow a lot of freedom and I usually dont assign roles.

Well, I have a character I have been wanting to use but not sure if she will fit in the game you are setting up. She is a snow elf and as far as battle aspects she is the healer but also skilled with a bow.

Izaya Orihara

Certainly seems interesting, and looks like a fair bit of effort was put into the background. Which is always good.
    Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Ember Star

Quote from: AliceInLace on January 18, 2015, 01:44:19 AM
    Well, I have a character I have been wanting to use but not sure if she will fit in the game you are setting up. She is a snow elf and as far as battle aspects she is the healer but also skilled with a bow.
    A healer would honestly be great. I don't think have a legit healer in the game. I have a character or two that knows some stuff. But they aren't really legit healers.
    Quote from: Izaya Orihara on January 18, 2015, 08:35:10 AM
    Certainly seems interesting, and looks like a fair bit of effort was put into the background. Which is always good.
    Just let me know if you have any questions

Juggtacular

You've piqued my interest. I'll set to working on my app sometime today.

Ember Star

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 18, 2015, 10:48:52 AM
    You've piqued my interest. I'll set to working on my app sometime today.
    looking forward to it!

AliceInLace

Alright, I'll work on getting my character together today then :)

TheBlackThrone

Well, you could have guessed that I would come over.  ;D
    The gates are open
    Current Time Zone: US MST
    Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
    Current solo request: None.
    Current group request: Strings

EdwardShane

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on January 19, 2015, 02:42:51 PM
    Well, you could have guessed that I would come over.  ;D

Oh, please do!  It would be awesome to have you here, BT!

Ember Star

Quote from: Starcry on January 20, 2015, 01:22:35 PM
    Noting interest. :3
    Very awesome.

To those that PMd, I'll get back to you soon. Either tonight or tomorrow.

Lady Temptress

Lady Dreamer

Ember Star

Lady Temptress

Lady Dreamer

Jordan South

Sounds fun. Since my last three group games died, I've been looking for another to throw myself into. Will start working on a character app in the next few days I hope.
    Selectively accepting new writing partners~ Post speed: Moderate

O/Os
    Plot Ideas/Requests
    A/A

Lady Temptress

Lady Dreamer

Ember Star

Quote from: Lady Temptress on January 23, 2015, 03:44:03 AM
    Morning. What characters are you in need of?
    I'm not in need of anything specific.
    Quote from: Jordan South on January 23, 2015, 09:05:30 PM
    Sounds fun. Since my last three group games died, I've been looking for another to throw myself into. Will start working on a character app in the next few days I hope.
    Awesome!

Lady Temptress

Lady Dreamer

Jordan South

M'lady Ember, would you be able to give me a little more information on the concept of abilities and powers?
    Selectively accepting new writing partners~ Post speed: Moderate

O/Os
    Plot Ideas/Requests
    A/A

Ember Star

Quote from: Lady Temptress on January 24, 2015, 11:11:32 AM
    Can I play the Queen's sister?
    That is a definite no. No one can be in any way related to Alluriella or the Rose Sisters. I keep a tight control over those bloodlines. Just make a 'normal' citizen. Ok?
    Quote from: Jordan South on January 24, 2015, 06:17:19 PM
    M'lady Ember, would you be able to give me a little more information on the concept of abilities and powers?
    Powers are magical. Abilities are physically. You might have, for example, the power to manipulate fire, and the ability to shoot an arrow with accuracy. In short, abilities are essentially skills and physical or mental strengths.

Lady Temptress

Will do. Where do I post character sheet and where is the exact link to the group?
    Lady Dreamer

Ember Star

Quote from: Lady Temptress on January 24, 2015, 08:10:10 PM
    Will do. Where do I post character sheet and where is the exact link to the group?
    You PM sheets to me for approval, and links as well sheet codes at at the top of this thread.

Ember Star

Ok. Hoping to launching IC/story by the end of the week. No promises. But that is the plan. If you already have an approved character, pop by the OOC and say hi, settle in. If you are making a character, get poppin' people!

But don't worry. I will continue to accept character consistently even after I get IC rolling again.

Outlaw Fallen

Officially posting my support for this reboot and offering the thread a shameless bump!
    "I fought the decisions that called and lost
    My mark has the relevant piece in this
    I will come reformed
    In short, for the murder of those I court
    I bless the hour that holds your fall
    I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
    A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Lady Temptress

I'll post my character sheet tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, my weekend has been extremely busy.
    Lady Dreamer

Ember Star

Quote from: Lady Temptress on February 01, 2015, 07:40:23 AM
    I'll post my character sheet tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, my weekend has been extremely busy.
    Remember to send it directly to me via pm for approval. Do not post it in a thread.
    Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on January 31, 2015, 09:28:33 PM
    Officially posting my support for this reboot and offering the thread a shameless bump!
    I welcome the support, friendo.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AliceInLace

Alright finally sent mine in, hopefully I didn't forget anything :) I had to adapt a old character to this new setting so hopefully it works out well since I have been wanting to bring her back :)

Ember Star

Posting this here too in case anyone is following this but not the OOC.  Btw, any approved member that hasn't popped in and said hi there yet, should.

Winter weather has been an annoyance the past week then my phone bit tye dust. So I actually just transferred to a different phone today. If I can stop being unseasonably exhausted, I'll hopefully get things starting to roll this week.

AliceInLace

Chrystal

Hi Ember. Did I post in this thread yet? It isn't popping up in my "recent replies" list, so I don't think I did. Anyway. The bird-girl is still going to be around... Happy to wait for you to kick things back off, as my ability to write anything interesting seems to be on holiday again.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
    I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!