You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaintedAndDelish

Not sure if I posted this already or not...
If you remember the singing pills?

VINTAGE 80'S WE'RE NOT CANDY PSA COMMERCIAL WITH SINGING PILLS

Chelemar

I liked Ark II.. scared me, but it was so mind blowing to me... ( I was 9 and it only took a little puff or two to blow it *grin* )

Rolo

If you are not as dumb as your, now adult children, thought you were.

Seduction is merely hypnosis with desire!

-KAI-

Dirty old man in training!
Sneaky Little Bastard!

Torch

Saturday afternoons meant one thing...

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Rolo

If you know what variety show Buck Owens and Roy Clark hosted.  Supporting characters were Minnie Pearl and Grandpa.....

-KAI-

Sneaky Little Bastard!

Iuda

... You have to work out 10 times harder and be 10 times more careful about what you eat just to stay in shape.

Autumn52

Quote from: Rolo on August 07, 2012, 11:07:00 AM
If you know what variety show Buck Owens and Roy Clark hosted.  Supporting characters were Minnie Pearl and Grandpa.....

I hated that show. Hee Haw. Grrrr. My parents watched it faithfully but I do remember it.

OT: If you sleep less and less and you find that acceptable.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

RPAM

Quote from: Dawg on February 13, 2012, 10:05:15 PM
Whenever you see ROFL you hear Scooby Doo trying to say Waffle.

Okay, I have to respond to this one because I just had a ROFL experience. :)

... you think, "I remember that!" with most of the posts in this topic.

Captain Maltese

If these people's names are not just familiar to you, but you was following them while biting nails and holding your breath for years, maybe even decades. If you considered them heroes.

- Nelson Mandela
- Mathias Rust
- Daniel Ortega
- Lech Valesa
- Mikhail Gorbachev

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

lenka

hehe...nothing I have to worry about for the next ten years!
*grins cheekily*

Autumn52

*spanks*

Don't rub it in youngster. *giggles*

Hugs the pretty
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Torch

Quote from: Captain Maltese on August 08, 2012, 06:36:38 AM
If these people's names are not just familiar to you, but you was following them while biting nails and holding your breath for years, maybe even decades. If you considered them heroes.

- Nelson Mandela
- Mathias Rust
- Daniel Ortega
- Lech Valesa
- Mikhail Gorbachev

Not sure if I would put Daniel Ortega and the word "hero" in the same sentence...

But that's a discussion for another board.  ::)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

On's and Off's

TaintedAndDelish

... if you have no fucking idea what the hell this "Aqua Force Hunger Team" thing is that the youngins occasionally mention. xD

Mr Bigglesworth

Captain Maltese

Quote from: Torch on August 08, 2012, 07:23:37 AM
Not sure if I would put Daniel Ortega and the word "hero" in the same sentence...

But that's a discussion for another board.  ::)

Oooooooh. A discussion you must be 40+ to understand. I will recap then, to clarify for you and for those way too young to have a clue.

First of all, I am a Norwegian and Norway, in spite of being a very loyal friend of the US, has a rather more left sided political view than the US in many things. It was much more so, 30 years ago. But that didn't make us friends of the Soviets- we were in the cold late days of the Cold War, after all.

- Nelson Mandela: the man who led the successful battle for the end of the apartheid of South Africa
- Mathias Rust: the young man who fled from Germany in a small plane and landed it smack in the middle of the Red Square in Moscow, while the russians were supposedly waiting to shoot down anything bigger than a bird that might cross their border. Way to go! I remember hearing it while driving and almost punching my fist through the car roof in sheer joy.
- Daniel Ortega. Today, an aging politician. But once he was the brave leader of the Sandinista guerilla who fought down the corrupt dictator Somoza. After they got the power, the US funded the Contras guerilla who tried to take it back. This was back in the days of Air America and Operation Condor. Ah, happy old times....
- Lech Valesa: the leader of Polish Solidarity, who was the main force behind ousting the soviets from their country.
- Mikhail Gorbachev: the Russian president who allowed the Soviet to disintegrate without using the good old tools of mass deportations and massacres to stop it. He was weak, but the world is better for him.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Moraline

You know your under 40 if you read about those names in textbooks in your history classes like I did.

You know your over 40 if you were one of my history teachers that taught me that stuff. I don't even recognize some of those names.  :P   *raises hand* Any over 40 teachers want to give me some private lessons after school?

Rolo

Quote from: Moraline on August 08, 2012, 10:28:07 AM
You know your under 40 if you read about those names in textbooks in your history classes like I did.

You know your over 40 if you were one of my history teachers that taught me that stuff. I don't even recognize some of those names.  :P   *raises hand* Any over 40 teachers want to give me some private lessons after school?

You know you are over 40 if you read this and actually consider teaching her, rather than bend her over the teachers desk!  lmao

-KAI-

Sneaky Little Bastard!

Mr Bigglesworth

Nah, I'm over 40 and I want to bend Moraline over the teacher's desk, as long as the teacher isn't there.

Torch

Quote from: Captain Maltese on August 08, 2012, 09:37:23 AM

Oooooooh. A discussion you must be 40+ to understand. I will recap then, to clarify for you and for those way too young to have a clue.

No discussion or clarification is necessary. I know exactly who and what Daniel Ortega is (as well as the other gentlemen on your list).

And I stand by my opinion that the word "hero" and Ortega do not belong in the same sentence.

As stated, it's a discourse best left to another board.

On's and Off's

despickable

When you have put on weight over the last few years and are not the svelte thin unwrinkled  one you were
that you can remember tv without remotes, went to the movies to see the orginal versions of the now remakes and the only gym you knew of was Jim Nabors

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Mr Bigglesworth

...you thought you were cool because you had a Walkman, or even know what that is.

Captain Maltese

You had had an analog wristwatch for ten years before you got your first digital one - and then, you was mesmerized by the fact that there were buttons that could turn on light and play a little music.

Autumn52

if the first time you saw break dancing your first thought was, "that looks painful"

Captain Maltese

If you actually learned to breakdance a little and did so at the discos when there was room on the floor.

Mr Bigglesworth

@Xandi: *Laughing* -  yup.

You remember getting on an airplane without having to go through security. (I'm probably really aging myself on that one)