Mumble based tabletop

Started by Nadir, February 06, 2016, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

As the title says, I am looking for a tabletop/system game run in mumble, which is Elliquiy's voice chat of choice. I'm rather inexperienced with system games, but I find myself really enjoying them in this medium.

What experience I have is in VtM and Monsterhearts, with maybe six hours playtime in each, and am willing to learn different systems though would appreciate patience. 

Thanks, DH

Lord Mayerling

I have been wanting to run a tabletop game on mumble, specifically Mouse Guard. I would be very interested in doing this, but our time difference may be an issue.

Yukina

I'd definitely be up for a good monsterhearts games, Dim. :) Big Eyes Small Mouth 3rd Edition is also a simple system.

HairyHeretic

I've run L5R on mumble before, and weekends do seem to be normally the best time for folks. Saturday evening GMT means evening to night for the European folks, and afternoon to lunchtime for those in the US. There are a few games I'd consider running there .. L5R, Scion, Exalted are probably my favourite systems.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested as a player. I'm American EST, and almost always around between noon and midnight, so I have a pretty flexible schedule for when I can be on.

I'd also be interested in running a horror-based game as a GM, using my own simple roll-under system, if anyone would be interested in a low magic, fantasy world based on Slavic mythology.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Nadir

Nudging this - still seeking a mumble-based tabletop session.

ZameRagues

- Peeks in as a potential GM -

*If the future is kind might be able to hold a game*
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Cassandra LeMay

I'll throw my hat into the ring as a potential GM. Before I talk about what I would like to run, a few caveats:

1) I've never used Mumble before, but it can't be that difficult, can it?

2) Never roleplayed over voicechat before, but I have close to 35 years experience runing pen & paper games, so I guess I should be able to handle a voicechat game.

3) (This may be the biggest problem) As I am at GMT+1, best time for the game sessions would be weekends, starting at 10am or 11am EST, given a session length of 5 to 6 hours.

4) I prefer smaller groups. 3 players, maybe 4, but I would also be happy to run something with just 1 or 2 players. Smaller numbers are fine with me, larger groups not so much.

That said, what I could offer as the actual game would be (with a strong preference for option A):

A) "Supers! Revised Edition" Supers is a superhero game that I would like to give a try. The rules are fairly easy to learn (in my opinion), and character creation can be relatively easy, once you have some character concept, some "archtype" to base your character on. I walked one of my freinds through character creation and it took about an hour to come up with a finished character. No guarantee it will be that swift for every character concept, but compared to some other systems I consider that still pretty fast.
The setting would be a fictional city in the USA, but not part of the Marvel or DC universes, i.e. an original setting with original characters (as far as anything based on several decades of comics can be original  ;)).

B) Feng Shui. Currently not my preference, but I might run it, if there is enough interest and nobody likes superheroes all that much. Feng Shui is a game inspired by Hong Kong action flicks and wuxia movies that mixes elements from fantasy, modern, and sci-fi genres. Again, the rules are fairly simple, but the setting background is perhaps a bit more complicated. On the other hand, player characters don't have to know all that much about the setting in the begining.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

HairyHeretic

I've played the 1st ed Feng Shui and have the rules for 2nd, but haven't played it. It is a fun system, and one that does play larger than life. Best example of Feng Shui is the movie Big Trouble in Little China.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 03, 2016, 05:31:39 AM
I've played the 1st ed Feng Shui and have the rules for 2nd, but haven't played it. It is a fun system, and one that does play larger than life. Best example of Feng Shui is the movie Big Trouble in Little China.
Never bothered with the 2nd ed rules, as I found the 1st ed rules to be good enough for everything I wanted and needed, once I houseruled the Gun Shticks to work more like the Fu powers. Somehow a second edition struck me as a bit of a waste of time and money. But that's perhaps already too much detail and me being talkative.  ;D
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Thorne

Having run games via Mumble, I have some advice; push-to-talk should be a requirement, not a suggestion. Trust me when I say it's worth the hassle of getting people's heads around the notion. ^^;

If I had the space for those wanting Pathfinder, I'd offer; but right now, the table, virtual or not, is pretty full.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Nadir